Banghim (from Himchans' OTP - Chapter 01)

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

Kim Himchan lived a life he enjoyed. He had a fine set of friends and a family who loved him dearly. He smiled, simply because he was in a good mood today. He moved to Seoul after he got his promotion two months ago, as a journalist – who focused himself around the music industry of Korea. Since his articles were turning into what the readers craved for, he was lifted off the magazine branch of his area to Seoul, where he can explore and make a wider angle for his articles by even getting to interview some of the idols himself.

It was doing him very well so far, giving him enough reason to be happy. He was offered a company quarters, a two bedroomed apartment of a fine building – even if he did have to pay for it. It was nearby his company – just a fifteen minute walk from his house. He had his hands in his pockets when he entered the busy coffee shop, ordering him his usual coffee cup – and paying early for another to be delivered at nine PM to his table in work. (The bratista there was named Moon Jongup – who turned out to be one of Himchans best friends ever since he came to the city. He didn’t mind dropping a coffee by Himchans desk when he decided to work over night. The delivery routine was only for Himchan here.)

There was more to be happy about, as Himchan sipped on his paper cup of coffee, walking towards the fifteen storied building he called his workplace. It looked magnificent in a distance, all tall and shimmery under the morning sun of the city.

 Few weeks ago, someone confessed to him.

Not just someone, but someone everyone knew and was popular beyond reach for someone as ordinary as Himchan. Now though; he might not consider himself that useless.

Bang Yongguk was a popular idol, who persists that he hasn’t reached his peak yet – even if Himchan might not completely agree with it. He already had himself a large fan-base, in Korea and in the world – and he did touch the finest edges of music in his art. He was a fine singer, with a deep; husky, manly voice that stirred out a bunch of feelings out of many people’s hearts. 

He had deep, chocolate eyes; thick brownish lips and slightly tan skin. He was taller than Himchan by an inch or so, and whenever he would drag Himchan by his waist in-front of the mirror, pressing kisses on his face and muttering that they look perfect together, Himchan can’t disagree; because yes. They did look good together.  It was always nice to press a kiss upon Yongguks lips as well, to caress his constantly changing hair and poke about his cheeks. But if Himchan was asked to choose, he’d pick Yongguks smile – where his cheeks stuff up like a hamsters, all his teeth showing beside his thick-red gums lined perfectly by his widely smiling lips.

It was as close as honesty could ever reach in Himchans heart. It never took long to fall in love with perfection.

He was tapping on his laptop in matter of minutes, thinking that he might not get to finish his article by evening. It was a complicated, critizing article about the rapid growth of the music industry and the effect of it for the promotion of large groups being debuted. It included a couple of factual graphs and stuff he wasn’t very comfortable with, so he decided he was going to get it done by the evening and re-check the entire day tomorrow. By Sunday he’d have to hand over the article.

He never noticed the time passing nine until Jongup dropped by and offered him his coffee; asking him to take at least a five minute break. He did, thanking the younger boy and asking him to take care of himself on his way home. Himchan wished him good luck when he reminded he had a dance competition tonight, waving him off.

By eleven, when everybody had left – Himchan packed up his things. His article was still half way through and he was literally frustrated with himself at a point before he slammed his laptop close and left the office. 

His phone started to ring when he was in the elevator. His worries instantly vanished when the phone displayed the caller as his lovely boyfriend; ‘Bang Yongguk’. “Hey.” Even Yongguk could say he was smiling in his happy tone. “Why aren’t you home babe? I’m standing here.”
“Urgh.” He groaned. “I couldn’t finish my article Guk. I’m heading home right now. I’ll be there in a sec.”
“Oho~ I should be the one groaning here. I’m finally here after a week, and you’re probably bringing your laptop with you and is going to make me sit and watch you go tap-tap until three AM or so.”

Himchan chuckled, stepping out of his elevator – his feet walking faster than he knew possible; without his notice. “Okay, Okay. I won’t do that again. Promise. See you soon.”
“Hey wait! Hold your horses Kim Himchan. You dare hang up first?”

Himchan chuckles, a warm fuzzy feeling creeping up his heart. Yongguk always does that; Himchan thinks he knows how. “I’m going to be there in five minutes Yongguk. It’s no big deal.”

“Yeah but, we don’t get to talk much on the phone. It took me ages to get my hands on one to start with.”
“You want me to talk to you while I walk? What if a truck runs over me?”
“What the hell! Where did that come from? Okay okay. I’ll hang up.”
“Worried much?”
“Just hurry up okay? Don’t trip and hit your head or something.”
“I wouldn’t.”

Himchan is smiling to himself as he takes the usual streets to his apartment, a fifteen minute walk done in ten. Well; he refused to run like a mad-man. When the elevator opened up to his floor, Yongguk was there against the door, wearing a beanie and large sunglasses in the middle of the night; a heavy coat over his clothing – perfectly disguised (as Yongguk calls it).

He straightens up when Himchan walks in. “You didn’t trip, did you?” he asks, staring above his glasses, his thick lips in a subtle smirk. Himchan grimaces, pushing Yongguk aside who refuses and pulls Himchan closer, his hands snaking around his waist. “I didn’t. Move aside lemme open the door!” Himchan whines, Yongguk shifting just an inch so Himchan can jam in a key in the keyhole.  “God; let go of me you teddy!” Himchan wriggles, Yongguk holding him from his back without loosening. “Come on, I’ve got to take a bath – for like three days now. Plus I was running here, I’m covered in sweat!”

Yongguk shakes his head, pressed against Himchans chest. He mumbles a thing or two, Himchan chuckling and agreeing to each and every before he is finally let go of.

If an image of a cool, shoulder straight idol didn’t describe Bang Yongguk well at the moment, Himchan can offer you an image of a giant, chocolate colored grizzly bear which he thinks – is a great analogy at the moment. Yongguk had a childish, attention seeking, adorable side to him; which Himchan is sure he is too prideful to show to anyone else. He felt special when Yongguk would wrap all arms and legs over him and muttered into his ear in his deep voice things that didn’t make much sense.

And he felt like that every time Yongguk said he loved him.

Their relationship was all over the place for the three weeks they had been dating. They haven’t gone out on a date, haven’t had , haven’t gone out to the cinema to watch a film, haven’t gone out for a long walk where no one else was around and Himchan hadn’t even said he loved the man yet.

He didn’t know.

Yongguk was a big idol, and Himchan was just… a journalist. It was Korea here and they were men. His head went on thinking and thinking the entire time he was under the shower, listening to Yongguk zapping channels in his TV.

Should he love him? Should he think of a future for them? Should he be even thinking about something like this? Should he fall for him? Is he even serious about Himchan? But then once again; Himchan felt loved when he was with Yongguk and he doesn’t even know what more to be asking the man. He’d kissed him and it had felt nice; and right now he has no idea why he was even worrying. But sure, the future didn’t look so magnificent.

Will the two of them be a secret as long as they last? If so, will Himchan dare last forever like that?

He shuts off the shower, cursing. “To hell with thoughts, god dammit.”

He walks out in his pajamas, toweling his wet hair. He hated thinking about things like this when he didn’t even know if Yongguk even cared so far away in time. “Hey, Himchan. Look what I found.” Yongguk waves a paper file seated on the couch. It looked like it was one of Himchans’ high-school report cards. “What is it?” he asks, walking to the pantry – wondering what’s interesting about it.

“Your grades .”

“I’m not good at science, or math.” Himchan replies; stuffing a meal in the microwave.

“…or History or geography or well, pretty much everything but Korean and literature.” Yongguk says, Himchan nodding. “Yeah. But it’s all good now. Why chase technology, right?”

“I have to admit, these are much better than mine.”

Himchan walks to Yongguk after the microwave beeps, getting himself seated. “When I was in high-school, I was never smart. I wasn’t even into literature. All I did was rap.” Himchan smiles, taking a spoon or two of his rice to his mouth. “But it’s all good now. Why chase grades, right?” Himchan replies, Yongguk grinning, turning the pages of the booklet he held. “Oh look, you look adorable!” he cooes when he meets with the front page, where a picture of Himchan staring into the camera in his school uniform is pasted. Himchan blushes a bit, avoiding Yongguks gaze and smile on the book and chewing on his food.

“Holy Jesus! Today is your birthday?!”

Yongguk exclaims, staring into the book in disbelief.  “It is?” Himchan raises a brow, following Yongguks eyes. “Ah… it kinda is…” Himchan mutters, staring into the date of 19.04. He forgot again, huh?
“And… you’re twenty five this year!” Yongguk exclaims; his eyes super wide. “I’m sure I thought of you as nineteen or so!” he adds, Himchan widening his eyes shortly before he blushed deep.

“God; so cheesy.” He mutters, looking back to his bowl. “No! No; oh my god, I thought…. Wow.” He sighs, eyes still widened. “I’m serious though, you look so young! What’s your secret huh? Spill it!” he suddenly pokes at Himchans cheek. Himchan smiles widely, Yongguk returning the gesture.  “People say I sound like I’m thirty!” he whines again, sighing and collapsing onto Himchans lap. “You don’t.” Himchan replies, keeping his bowl aside. Yongguk just hums. “Happy birthday Himchan.”

Himchan chuckles, his fingers running through Yongguks black locks. “It’s not a big deal but; Thank you.”

Yongguk hums in disagreement, shifting a bit – his hands curling on Himchans waist again. Yongguk just somehow loved to do that, and he did do that a lot; whenever he got the chance to.  “It is. Thank you Himchans mom, for the prettiest boyfriend in the world~” he mutters, Himchan slapping Yongguks shoulder lightly – rolling his eyes. “…and thank you; Yongguks’ mom – for the cheesiest ever.”

“Hey!” Yongguk fuzzes his brows and slightly leaves a pat on Himchans arm. Himchan chuckles, shifting a bit on his seat. “You’re heavy teddy. Let’s go to bed.”

Yongguk refuses in a groan, turning on Himchans lap, tightening his grip. Himchan settles down for combing Yongguks hair for a while, until the older will finally give in to his tried body and let Himchan take him to bed. “Himchan, you know…” Yongguk starts, Himchan humming and egging him on.

“I’ve been thinking for a while now… you never said you loved me.”

Himchan winces in his mind. ‘Jackpot.’

“It’s okay. I don’t mean to force it out of you. But, I’m waiting na mean?” he slurs a bit, hands loosening around Himchans waist band. “You’re not even close to undressing me, urgh.” He complains, Himchan turning redder. “…and I don’t even know a thing about you.” Himchan bites his lip, feelings pouring down on him like pianos crashing on his head. “It’s been weeks… we didn’t even have time for a proper date.” Himchan is silent. “Growing up .” Yongguk finalizes, Himchan feeling a bit of guilt somewhere down his heart. He’d been not only worrying himself, but making his dear boyfriend worry as well.

“It’s not just you, Yongguk. I don’t know a lot about you either.” Himchan sighs. “We have more time, right?”

Yongguk clicks his tongue. “What, have you killed someone?” Himchan chuckles. “Why are you asking?”
“Well, what’s the deep dark secret I yet have to learn?” Himchan pats Yongguks head. “There’s nothing like that.” Himchan replies. “Then, why are we waiting?” he mumbles, Himchan petting his head. “I wonder…” Himchan adds lazily.

Yongguk groans and straightens. “You’re horrible. Let’s go to bed.” He mutters, tugging at Himchans hand. Himchan obliges taking Yongguks hand and intertwining their fingers. “I’ve got a photo shoot starting eight AM. Such a pain.” He mutters along the way to Himchans room, falling on the bed as if it was his own.  Himchan follows in a grin, dragging the sheet above him. Yongguk wraps his arms on Himchan again, pressing kisses on his face.

Himchan returns them just as warmly. “Good night my giant teddy~” Himchan cooes, Yongguk falling into a deep, slurry chuckle. “G’Night.” He replies lazily.

Himchan inhales Yongguks scent while he presses yet another kiss on his hair. He sighs, falling into a content smile afterwards.

“Red.”

Yongguk opens his eyes lids to the statement weirdly. “Red what?” he asks.

“My favorite color.” Himchan adds, happy about the smile that crept up on Yongguks lips as he did.

“Mine is white. Peace for earth!” Yongguk makes a peace sign from his fingers as he chuckles. “I like ramen.” He continues. “I’d say coffee. Preferably Amercianos.”
“Dasies.” Yongguk says next.
“Blue roses.”
“But they don’t exist?”
“They will, soon.”
“What next? Rockets to mars?”
“Seriously?”
“No. Okay. Hm. Rain.”
“I don’t like the thundering.”
“I see. Summer?”
“Autumn.”
“We have nothing in common. Awesome.” Yongguk complains, sighing deeply.

“I like you.” Himchan adds. Yongguk smiles, nodding and pressing his forehead against Himchans chest. “Lot of people like me.”
“Jeesh you show off.”
“I mean it, you know. No wonder you like me. I’m his highness awesomeness.”
“God; you’re so full of yourself!” Himchan chuckles, pulling Yongguks cheeks.

“I mean it though.” Yongguk says, fussing his brows a bit. “Are you worried that we can’t get married?”

Himchan widens his eyes. “Where did that come from?”

“How long do you want to live?”

“Huh?”

“Me? I think sixty is perfect. I’m already twenty five and that only leaves thirty five more years. I’d like to have you for the time.”

Himchan chuckles. “Really? No regrets?”
Yongguk shakes his head firmly. “None.”
“Flirt.” Himchan accuses, chuckling.

“Jeesh whatever I say is either cheesy or flirty!” he mutters angrily. “Would you ever take me seriously?”
“Don’t turn angry now Gukkie… I wouldn’t be kissing you here if I didn’t want to.”

Yongguk sighs. “And here is his highness awesomeness begging you to love me.”
“Oh cheer up Yongguk. I’m not ditching you or anything, right? Plus we both have work and I left mine unfinished because you asked me to. Sleep now, it’s past twelve.”

“Grr. Always something about work.”
“You’re so childish.” Himchan chuckles, messing Yongguks hair. “Good night.”

 

“Just curious. Are you some sort of a sadist?”

 

“WHAT?!” Himchan exhales, his eyes widened and sleep thrown out of the window.

“No I mean you seem to like me begging for stuff.”

“I DON’T?” Himchan exclaims loudly, hitting Yongguks chest. “WHY’D YOU SAY THAT?!”

“Gah. Nevermind. I guess that means I’m going to wait for eternity.”

 

Himchan sighs, deciding to reach out and cuddle Yongguk. “It won’t be eternity. Promise. Just… few more weeks.  I kinda seem to worry a lot about the next few years and… I just need myself to settle down here. You sort of walked in in the middle of the peak of everything and… you’re … an idol, you know? There’s a lot going in my mind at the moment. Just, just a bit more time, okay? Until I can focus on you.”

Yongguk takes a while to process all of it, and hums understandingly.

“I’ll give you a week.”

“No bargaining Yongguk, I’m serious.”

“Just… promise you won’t turn me down.”

“I won’t; my giant teddy. Will you please sleep now?”

“Hm… Okay.”

 

“Did I upset you?” Himchan asks, feeling a bit guilty. Yongguk shakes his head, pressing a kiss onto Himchans lips fully. “I don’t want you tired tomorrow. Sleep well.”
Himchan hums, nodding subtly. “G’night.”

 


“Psst…”
“Hm?”
“I love you.” Yongguk mutters, Himchans lips drawing into a wide smile as he mutters and embarrassed thank you in reply.

 

AN: Well, I suppose this is as far as a 25 year old relationship would go down these days (except for these two never having , I guess. But, yeah. It’s around the corner. I promise)