Rejection -Himup

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

It's been forever :) Enjoy~

-

“This is stupid.” Jongup stuffed his hands in his pockets as he felt the two doors close behind him, leaving him with no choice but to stroll in silently. His attire was forced into several things he would usually never wear. First, his father – whom he had not seen for the past seven years of his life, had bought him a tux to wear tonight, and secondly, his mother had combed his hair. Thirdly, he was wearing black leather shoes and he felt as if his toes were being tortured. Leaving all that aside, Jongup thought, breathing in. ‘I don’t feel like myself at all’.

The hotel was booked entirely for the remains of the twelfth generation, which was just a handful. War killed many, and that left alone a bit form everywhere, the cowardly ones who ran and hid, or the bravest, strongest of them all. Jongup was born late, so he missed in action. Hybrids matured by the age of ten, and six more years have added up. That was as legal as life could get for a wolf, and his parents had finally forced him to join the get together.

Although that’s how it’s termed, the objective of it, was quite another.

Before the humans attacked, Wolf hybrids were many in number; and had quite the freedom to travel the world – in search of a mate, of course. Their lives were far more extended as humans, thus left little trouble for the Hybrids to find their mate. After war; the rules changed quite drastically.

Many hybrids died, thus left alone the ones that were alive in severe depression. Only few survived the breakdown loss, and slowly it was turning into a disaster. Several chose humans to mate with, and the others were just wondering, stuck and unable to go in search.

The day of gathering – as termed of now; was when the twelfth generation gathered – all that was left of war. Few lucky wolves found their mates; and the rest only met with disappointment. Right now, Jongup only wished he had no mate – because back in town he had promised Junhong that he’d be back in a week. He’d taken it far from that; truthfully. He wouldn’t dare turn his back on Junhong.

“Jongup, you’re finally here.” Daehyun waved from his table, and Jongup was glad he found company. He quickly waved back, and hurried his feet to where Daehyun was, and settled himself in a seat. “I thought you wouldn’t come.” He smiled, and Jongup shrugged. “Can’t turn down mom, you know?” Daehyun smiled and left a pat.

“This is Yongguk. And that is Masalo.” Daehyun introduced the rest who were seated. They didn’t bother to reach out to handshake, and just nodded instead. “I’ve told you a bit about them.” Daehyun reminded, and I nodded promptly. They all – including Daehyun, had their mates killed during war. There was no point in being here, to the three of them, but they were the hosts; inviting the left over hybrids to join the gathering.

“Aren’t you going to explore a bit? There’s a bunch of y hybrids here.” Daehyun asked, and Jongup wished he had his usual hood to pull over his head because he felt as if he was one person who really had no luck in here. So she shook his head. “Nah. I’ve given someone my word—“

“Excuse me?” A voice spoke up from the back, and when Jongup turned, the person touched his shoulder. Jongup met with a pair of deep black eyes, and that was all he could comprehend before he felt his shoulder burning.

He jumped at the contact.

Jongup rubbed over his shoulder to see what took over him, and just then; and unpleasant feeling swept through his body. ‘He’s my mate’. He heard what he felt; and he dared look back at those deep, burning eyes.

“I – I’m … Himchan.” The taller blonde stuttered, and Jongup didn’t notice his lips forming a scowl. ‘. This was horrible. How come this man is still alive? Jongup could already say that Himchan was much older than he was, and he surely faced the war, there are too many scars where Jongup can see on the smooth skin of his.

Jongup felt that Himchan too was suffering a bit in his head, as he kept staring at how the older had his knees run a little weak, and collapsed onto the chair next to Jongup, holding the table feebly for support. Jongup looked helplessly at Daehyun and the rest, but they stood still, observing intently.

“You’re my mate aren’t you?” The blonde asked, quite unsure of the fact, and Jongup refused to answer. He was still holding his fingers against the burning of his skin when Himchan touched him, and he found himself in a gentle gasp when Himchans’ eyes filled up with water.
‘Please don’t cry’ Jongup thought, but it had no effect on the older, who had tears streaming down his cheeks a mere second later, and he made no effort to wipe them.

“This is not supposed to feel like this, you know?” He said, muffling a cry, and Jongup felt his heart twisting.

“Are you rejecting him Jongup, what the is going on?” Yongguk was the next to speak up, and his voice was almost threatening. Masalo was already on his feet while Daehyun too looked concerned. Jongup felt himself growing smaller, and he swore he didn’t do anything while Masalo rushed to Himchans’ side, helping him up.

“What’s going on?” Jongup turned to Daehyun in loss, and he felt that Daehyun too was angry at him. “How far did you go with Junhong, Jongup?” He deadpanned, and Jongup felt his tongue roll without an answer.

“Are you ing kidding me right now?!” Yongguk stood up, his fingers dangerously clenched. “Have your parents taught you nothing?!” His voice was raising itself after each syllable, and by the time, the entire hall had its eyes gawked on a confused Jongup. “Are you going to take responsibility if Himchan falls into depression you little twit?!”
“Yongguk -  that’s enough.” Daehyun warned, but the older bought none, and crashed the glass he held before storming out, following Masalo, to wherever they helped Himchan to.

“Daehyun!” Jongup mewled, his confusion demanding an explanation.

“I told you to keep yourself away from Junhong, didn’t I?” Daehyun sighed, and rubbed his forehead in concern. “There’s a reason why we Hybrids don’t mate with just anybody.” Daehyun started. “Once we’re through; there’s no turning back. And mates? They can read each other. Sometimes by thought, but mostly based on emotion. He just knew you weren’t here for him.”

“And you know how far things could go when a mate rejects another, don’t you?”

 

 

-
.... i'm not going to promise you that i could ever write a proper 30.000 word wolf au novel, so that is all. >(