You & Me - Daejong

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

Here's my lovely Daejong... ugh Daejong has struck my head.


Jongups’ the inheritor in line to the bakery across the street – it’s been months since Daehyun found out. In other words; t’s been months since Daehyun had started to feel fluffy butterflies in his stomach around the boy.
For the last few days, Jongup had been really excited to have his parents pass the shop down to him; that when Daehyun scanned over their text messages he found out majority of it was about the shop. As he’ve come to know, Jongup had been a late-bloomer about the whole bakery thing. He’d always been a dance-freak and he owes his six packs to B-boying.
Daehyun once asked if Jongup feels having to take over is by default, and Jongup had smiled.
“I thought so too, some time back.” He said. “By the time I realized baking is fun, I was already twenty three. I’ve literally gotten nowhere with dancing and I didn’t want to let my parents down.”
Daehyun had hummed. “You still want to dance, right?”
Jongup looked up at Daehyun and put his finger on his lips. “That’s a secret.”

It didn’t take much since then; for Daehyun to think of Jongup lovely. He’s willing to take a bit of impact if it meant he’s making people happy. It left Daehyun a bit confused at first, wondering if Jongup only put up with his frequent visits because that’s just how it is; and before five days passed since he stopped, He found Jongup standing outside his workplace at five, asking if he’s forgotten him.

That was the day they exchanged numbers, and despite the fact they met every now and then, Daehyuns’ inbox had always been full.

What more could he ask from a person, honestly? He’s such a sweetheart, who has a great sense of humor, six packs – and bakes!

The only reason Daehyun let them be as friends, was because Jongup was very fond of kids – and once said, that one of his reasons to settle down and put dancing aside was because that one day he would have to feed a family. Daehyun automatically pictured a family of four, an older brother and a baby sister with a wife who smiles just as sweetly as Jongup does.
He always put the right amount of distance between him and Jongup. Distance, yes – but not secrets. In fact, Daehyun only met with Jongup because of an ex-boyfriend.

Youngjae was a picky eater, he just dared to complain to the cook itself. Jongup had to come out and apologize, and Daehyun has no words to explain how embarrassed he was the next day morning, walking up to Jongup in the park where he was walking his dog.

Daehyun apologized.

“It’s alright, we wouldn’t know if people wouldn’t complain.”
“True, but Youngjae went overboard yesterday. He was a bit stressed, he took it out on you.”

Jongup watched Daehyun for the longest second. “Well, people will be people.”
The calm acceptance made Daehyun wonder about the kind of person Jongup is.

The more he got to know, the more he started to fall.

It’s just that he didn’t know that Jongup felt the same.

Daehyuns’ charm consisted of smiles and honesty. It drew in Jongup really strong. Daehyun, although appeared humble, was a complicated person in reality. Although he could make a list of all the men he had dated so far, Jongup knows he’s never really let himself go. That’s why none of his relationships lasts, and he doesn’t seem to care about the reason.

Daehyun too, is not very different from Jongup. He too suffers from turning the rest prior to himself. That’s why Jongup finds Daehyun walking about with girls his parents set up for him, sometimes.
Jongup, honestly is a bit revolted by how Daehyuns parents treat him.

“Love never lasts, and if you must bother yourself with feelings go ahead. When it’s time, however, you’ll get married to a nice young lady, and present me with grandchildren to carry the inheritance.” His father has said, the day Daehyun had dared to confess his uality.
Cruel, really.

Daehyun put his head back on his couch the day he said so to Jongup, and sighed deeply. “Can you imagine the kind of life I’d have to live?”
“Even if I do find someone who’d love me, what kind of life can I offer to him? To sleep with me behind a wife, to pretend in front of my kids…”

It stirred up Jongup to think of such a day.
He reached out and ruffled Daehyuns hair. “You think too much.” Jongup said.
Daehyun turned to Jongup and smiled. “I do, don’t I?”

Tonight, Daehyuns’ invited to the small party his parents are throwing to celebrate the occasion of passing down the bakery to Jongup, and Jongup has made up his mind to confess. Daehyun would accept, but that wasn’t what he wanted.
Not to be a part of yet another shallow relationship that Daehyun leaves hanging to the end.

Honestly, Jongup wondered if it meant better; if Daehyun turned him down. It meant Daehyun cared.

Getting himself dressed, he finally asked himself from the mirror, what he really wants from Daehyun. There’s not much on his hands to offer. Not even love, at this moment. He let himself think of the reasons throughout the entire day, to the point his mother was a little disturbed by how he started to chuckle to himself randomly.
“Jongup, stop giggling, it’s creepy.” She said, shaking her head.

Finally the night started to spread out and it was soon past six thirty. Only very few were invited, but the small house soon ran out of space. Everyone here, was happy to fall into conversation with each other, congratulate Jongup, and enjoy themselves with the food.

Jongup couldn’t tear his eyes from the entrance until Daehyun walked in. He invited him in, and grabbed him by the hand and walked him through the house to the backyard where he introduced Daehyun to his mom.

“Oh, so you’re the famous Daehyun.” She chuckled, sparing a glance from her BBQ. “Nice to finally have a face to the name.” Daehyun just blushed red and muttered out it’s nice to meet her too. Jongup let out a snort at how embarrassed Daehyun suddenly became, and earned a sharp dab at his ribs from Daehyuns elbow.

Jongup showed him to the food inside, and all he had to do was watch.
Daehyun really does eat like a glutton. He filled a plate and followed Jongup to where he said that they have a balcony.

Daehyun asked him how he had been and conversation was usual from there.

Daehyun noticed that Jongups’ a bit phased out since he wasn’t really listening or answering that well. When Daehyun asked who baked the sponge cake, Jongup answered “No, these are new shoes”; and that left Daehyun a little quizzical about what’s on Jongups mind.

“Uhm, Jongup, what’s up?”

Jongup blinked twice, and breathed in.
Then he turned to Daehyun and locked their eyes.

“Daehyun, do you remember what you said about the kind of life you could offer someone who loves you?”

Jongup let Daehyun understand the turn in conversation, and let some time pass. Daehyun nodded. “What about it?”

“What if; I told you I don’t care?”
As that left Daehyun in utter confusion, Jongup knew he must continue explaining. But he couldn’t. Daehyun was handsome that night, and as Jongup continued to stare, Daehyun was starting to wrap his mind about the situation.

“We can’t.” Daehyun said, his voice clear and steady. “I have to go now.” He turned.

Relief hit Jongup in an engulfing flood. He didn’t hold himself from throwing his hands over Daehyuns shoulders and yanking him back to the balcony. He lets his hands loosed a bit and wrapped them around his waist instead.

“Don’t go.” He said, his chin buried in the nook of Daehyun neck.
Daehyun was too startled to move a muscle.

“I’m glad we can’t.” Jongup said.
“Because I love you.”


“Let go.”

“No.” Jongup firmly said, turning Daehyun over.
“You care about me and that’s what I want.”

Daehyun let go of his struggle as he listened.
His voice trembled as he said ‘It’s not easy.’

Jongup hummed, his chest against Daehyuns back.

“I know.” Jongup admitted. “But I still love you.”

Slowly, Jongup let go; and turned Daehyun to himself. “This would stop, one day Jongup, it’ll hurt you.” Daehyun warned.
Jongup chuckled and poked Daehyuns’ cheek. “You can’t scare me away with that, Daehyun.”
“I’m not joking.” Daehyun muttered, his eyes drifting far.

Jongup quickly bent and placed his lips on Daehyuns.

“Neither am I.”