The confession - Himup

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

Himup, fluff, University AU


Hello everyone! :) My name is Moon Jongup. 19, and currently attending third year of university. I’m studying dance and music, but I guess this story is mostly about someone I found special than myself.

I’ve never really gone through relationships and yet alone love, so I can’t explain well to you if my feelings are shallow or not. However, when I see him – my heart starts to go crazy and I feel like running out of the room because I can’t let him see my burning cheeks.

I don’t even know why I’m so embarrassed around him.

Even if I study in the arts faculty, he’s in the science section. Since our university is quite small, we have to share the main library and it was almost by accident I saw him. I usually never go to the library. I’m mostly in the gym or auditorium practicing our dances or bothering myself with choreography. That day, I only followed because Youngjae insisted that we need to study the history of Shakespeare for the next assignment.

I had always been the kind who finds it hard to turn down a person. How can I when they are politely asking?

But I was just struck breathless by the entrance staring at the person who was calmly seated right across the table I faced, the palm sized book lifted and held against his nose. The way he sat with his legs crossed and shoulders straight made me first think he was well refined of a character. I could just sense so.

Youngjae flicked my forehead and dragged me to the arts section of the library. “You dork. That was Kim Himchan you were gaping for. He’s the rudest guy in planet earth. I wouldn’t be surprised if he crashes a table on your head if he catches you staring.”

I blinked my eyes and started to think. “He doesn’t look so…”

Youngjae sighed. “You’re choice Jongup.” He picked up a book from the cupboard and walked ahead to borrow it. When he asked me if I was coming I refused and chose myself a random book I never intended to read and sat down to the table opposite the so called ‘Kim Himchan’ and continued to look at him.

I’d say; first – he’d rather read more than chose what to stick to. Soon after he was done reading the poem booklet he first held, he opened about five thick books of science and started to write on his own paper, referring to all books to a point I started to wonder if it was even possible to do what he did.

He wasn’t picky, he just preferred to know what’s best through everything.  The kind of person he was made me first realize he was kind of ‘cool’.

I’ve never really paid much attention to my own scores, let alone the results sheet of the science section, but it became obvious to me how Kim Himchan topped all tests with perfect results that it was ridiculous to the point that the second batch top didn’t even compare to his score.

I soon learnt he was the smartest guy in the campus, and that he preferred to stay in his hometown than to move to Seoul because he was comfortable here, and surely it was a good choice. He was beyond a competition to anybody in the university at all. He liked to have things his way; which pretty much explained why he hated being confessed by girls who thought they should date.

He didn’t like to bother himself reading lover letters which explained the way he just dumped the bunch of letters stuffed in his locker into the garbage can the way he did, scowling and cursing under his breath.

Once; he was saying. “Every ing year every ing February, every ing 14th people just doesn’t learn.” It made me laugh, honestly. He was funny in an odd way and most of the people didn’t notice the way he ridiculed society. They misunderstood him for being a heartless, emotionless person; but in reality – he would be the person who would understand anybody the most.

He’s just not bothered to. He draws a perfect line between things he want and doesn’t that people find it hard to realize why he acts the way he does.

You might find it creepy that I know he has two pet cats with him, but we shared an umbrella that specific rainy day until the bus stand and he picked up the two kittens from the street. He didn’t even bother asking me if I can take care of one, because he was confined in his own world to a point he thought that the rest of the world thought the way he did too.

But I’m not as sophisticated as he is. I’m just a plain guy studying dance and choreography because I’m a little too dumb to understand photosynthesis.

 

We didn’t really become friends.

He was never interested in making any.

 

It was already third year and we were all to graduate next January without fail. It was November and was the last week of it, and the campus was going to give the students the Christmas holidays.

 

I only knew of one type of food he ever ate; and that was coffee. I suppose it must have been way too mainstream of me to buy him a coffee flavored chocolate; but I’m simple minded. If he would accept my feelings he would have to accept that I’m dumb as well.

 

He was in the library again, unlike the rest of the students partying for the exams. He wasn’t buried in books either, but was peacefully smiling at a poem book again – which I think is his source of relaxation.

It wasn’t easy, trust me.

I must have waited in front of the library door for about an hour, just drawing doodles on the floor using my feet and sparing glances at him and thinking I should confess and I would possibly never see him again if I didn’t, tossing about the chocolate in my hand until I myself got tired of how much of a coward I am.

Sighing deeply, I took a great breath in.

‘Now or never’ I said to myself and walked in. It felt nice when I did though; finally leaving my worries behind and walking head straight to my target. When I stood next to him, he blinked at the page of his book and lowered it, giving me a skeptical look, as if to ask why was I here and what did I want.

I smiled, but he continued to wear his blank expression.

I bet it made me smile wider. Even if he’s oh so smart, he’s confused now; and the expression looked quite cute on him.

“Hi.” I said. Rather dumbly, he raised a brow slightly. Instead of greeting me back; he asked “Yes?”
Grinning again, I sat down next to him. He looked so out of place that it made me chuckle.

Though I thought he looked absolutely adorable; my mind was still in a mess and I hadn’t practiced what to say to him. Without saying anything, I placed the chocolate on his share of the table and his confusion only muddled further.

The awkwardness continued, and I knew I had to say something if anything at all.

“Himchan-ssi, I… don’t know what kind of confession would appeal you; but… I like you. I’ve liked you for a long time now….”

“….and I’m sorry about the mainstream chocolate but; I didn’t know what to give a smart person, sorry.”

I most surely had no idea what I was blabbering then.

 

He looked so straight into me that I felt like running away again!

 

Then, he smiled; and put his book on the table.

“Jogup,… Hm, Jo…; sorry; what…?”

 

Actually; I’m amazed he remembered my name to this extend. He always had a problem remembering peoples names that it was amusing to watch him stare at a persons back and rephrase his name a thousand times in his mind but never to get it right, and would poke another beside him and ask the wanted persons name from him.

“Jongup. How do you know?” I asked in a smile.

 

He smiled back, and I swear, it’s the most attractive thing in the world. His lips look perfect when they curl up and his bunny teeth would start to show. He doesn’t smile much and this conversation itself was enough to make me feel accepted.

 

“I’ve watched your plays. You do well.”

 

How my chest swelled up with pride, only I know. I could only smile, but I did that part well. The dramas I took part in were mostly in-university shows; and I’m surprised he thought our plays were at least good enough to spend his precious time on. And a compliment on top of that!

 

“… and; a coffee flavored chocolate isn’t a bad gift for a smart person.”

I was really happy to hear that. It only meant he wasn’t going to throw it into the dustbin and that really meant a lot coming out of Kim Himchan of the science faculty.

“Thank you.” I said, simply. It didn’t feel that wrong to look at him properly anymore – so he caught me staring; though it’s already high time for that.

“Jongup you know…” he started, as if he wasn’t uncomfortable by the way I looked at him. “…positive thinking sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves …. the impossible…”

…. What?

He chuckles at my blank expression and mutters “Cut the crap…” and seals away the distance between our lips in a chaste kiss, in which – somehow in the middle of all the sudden surprise – I manage to close my eyes.