Purr - Daejae

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

“Meow.”

And as usual, it made Youngjae stand up from his chair, and lift up the window.
After the black cat walked in, Youngjae shut it close again.

“You’re late today.” Youngjae said, getting himself seated on his text books again. He’s mostly done with his work, but he thinks it’d better if he finished it all in one go anyway. He got himself back on the math question he was working on.

Meanwhile, Daehyun made himself comfortable on Youngjaes’ pillow, curling into a ball. He feels tired – the journey from his dorm to Youngjaes’ was definitely his maximum. They’ve been dance practicing the entire evening and Daehyun doesn’t even like dancing.
Why can’t we do more voice practicing?

“Tired?” Youngjae asked minutes later, only to receive no answer as he kept aside his books. When he turned, Daehyun was already fast asleep. Youngjae let out a light scoff, and shook his head. Some cat, you are.
He down the cat’s thick black fur, thinking he’s soft. Then, he glanced at the clock hung above his door. ‘It’s always past ten when you come around.’ He thought, and stood up from the bed.

“Would you like some milk?”

Yes, please.” The cat mumbled, his whiskers moving the slightest. Youngjae chuckled and walked out, down the stairs to their kitchen. He took out the bowl he bought for Daehyun weeks earlier and poured out some cold milk from the fridge. He heated it a bit on the microwave, and walked upstairs.

He set the milk on his table and got himself seated.

“Pssht, Daehyun – come here.” Youngjae whispered, and smiled to himself; pleased at how Daehyuns’ ears perked up at being called. He stretched – once forward and once backward, and yawned.

He walked quietly to the end of Youngjae bed, and jumped over to his table. He at his bowl of milk happily. He’s not quite sure why plain milk tasted this good when he’s in his cat form. Junhong once said it’s maybe because Youngjaes’ giving it – but that’s stupid.

“You’re quiet today.” Youngjae observed aloud, and Daehyuns’ back lightly as he kept eating. Youngjae watched until Daehyun finished, and sat back, taking up his paws to clean his face.

“I haven’t shifted in two weeks – it’s been killing me.” Daehyun whined, and settled himself on Youngjaes desk. Youngjae nodded, buried his fingers in Daehyuns’ fur, gently . It didn’t take long until Youngjae could feel Daehyun starting to purr.
It made him smile.

Daehyuns’ eyes were slowly closing, obviously drifting him to dreamland.

Youngjae wouldn’t deny that he missed Daehyun on his table for the past two weeks; but it wasn’t as if they were completely out of contact. Two texts a day was a lot to Daehyun, knowing that the agency didn’t allow phones.

He brushed Daehyuns ear tip slightly, and watched it twitch a bit.

‘Poor thing.’
Youngjae thought, picking it up and placing it on the bed instead. He himself tucked in, and turned over.

It’s far from what people want to think reality is, but Daehyuns’ a shape shifter. His whole family had been. Youngjae isn’t supposed to know – but he does, anyway – because Daehyun told him. That was a long time ago.
Almost years…

After the concert that night, Youngjae was the last to leave somehow. He came alone and stayed, watching until they started to take down the props on stage. He only left the audience when someone from the crew asked him to. He takes a lot of pictures, you see.
Just like how Youngjae wanted to be a photographer, Daehyuns’ wanted to be a singer.
And he had, that night. It was the day he debut through his current agency.

Youngjae stopped in his tracks when he saw the cat in the middle of the street, lying dead. Youngjae was already feeling anxious as he approached it, thinking that he could put it aside from the middle of the road at its least.
But when he bent down to it, it was breathing – whiskers moving slightly. Though he tried to wake it, it didn’t budge. Youngjae had assumed it was at least starving, and had nearly passed out.
He took it home; and being so late saved him from his allergic farther and impossible mother. He fed the cat what he could find, and took it upstairs to his room and nursed it on his bed until he fell asleep alongside.

If Youngjae hadn’t got up earlier than the cat to go to school that morning – he would have never believed it.
But he did.
He saw it from his own two eyes.

The cat turned into a boy.

The boy on the stage; yesterday.

It took a lot of effort to not scream.

Lucky for Youngjae, Daehyun had been smarter to revert back into the cat he was, and jump out of the window.
So it transformed twice in front of Youngjae –and no matter how many times he told himself he was dreaming, he didn’t buy it. The internet was hopeless unless he wanted to get some therapy for hallucinating.

Daehyun explained himself later that day, when he came in as the cat.
It talked.

“First, thanks for saving me, I really appreciate that. And secondly, you’re not insane. I’m not insane either. I’m not the only shape shifter in the world there’s a lot more of us actually… I passed out yesterday after the performance, I’m sorry I surprised you like that. You see when we over work and don’t shift it puts a lot of stress on our body and we revert back… it’s like a way to relax, and … I don’t really know how to explain that…

If you didn’t feed me I could have died… probably…

And, I don’t know if you know me, because – it’s only been a day since we debut, after all… But, I’m Jung Daehyun. Nice to meet you.”

The cat put up his paw.

Though it took a while, and a lot of explanations; Youngjae made friends with the cat boy.
Now, however, he’s made it a habit to come and sleep at Youngjaes’ whenever he shifts.
 

 

-

*Smirking at all the milk like* :> :>