Win him back - Banghim.

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

lol, ignore descriptions. These just happen.

-

Winning him back

 

 

Meet Kim Himchan. He’s twenty five years old, born in April. Everybody knows him – easy as that. When he was a student in collage – he was the vice president of students association. He was well known for being popular and giving the face for most of the projects – though it wasn’t a big secret that he wasn’t too sharp nor brainy. He was average; that was in his studies. But in the field of popularity – because of his handsome looks, he ranked first; even passing the rates of the prettiest girl in the campus, because well; Himchan – was gay.

Then, Meet Bang Yongguk.
Nobody.

He wasn’t branded handsome and pretty, wasn’t branded brainy, wasn’t a big chunk of existence in other people’s lives. He studied music; he had his reputation among the students for his hard work, lived up to expectations of his lecturers, and well; that was it. The way he gives away all his gum when he smiles, his tan skin, his thin fingers – they were not on a list which girls worshipped. But they were on someone’s list.

Believe it or not, Bang Yongguk was Kim Himchans boyfriend. They weren’t secretive about it. People knew. In fact, that was how Himchan introduced Yongguk to the rest of his faculty. They were – as people saw them – an item; already the two puzzle pieces that match perfectly.

Himchan didn’t take long to realize he isn’t much without Yongguk in his life – and now; he’s going to have to win him back. That’s how Yongguk left him, maybe – because Himchan thinks he might know Yongguk a bit for being together for three years – that he meant it; that Yongguk meant Himchan can win him back.

It’s not easy chasing after him either.

He’d really left.

 

Just back in December, Yongguk and Himchan were sharing a rented apartment just blocks away from their university. It was a rather small place, considering they both weren’t too rich, and they weren’t too sophisticated to look for bigger apartments. It’s basically always just empty, some of their books on the shared desk, bundles of rolled cloth here and there, shoes and their matching backpacks hung behind the door side by side, nothing was ever there in the small room.

But now, Himchan sees it emptier. True that they didn’t have much in the small space, but they always had each other. However, now he had to use past tense for it. Yongguk had left, packed few of his things and walked out.

Himchan spent an half an hour in the cafeteria after Yongguk walked out on him, trying to make up excuses – expecting Yongguk to be home. Then, his mind was flooded with reasons, trying to patch up something so he can explain to Yongguk, never realizing that maybe that when he goes home, Yongguk might not be there.

Himchan opened the door to their apartment to realize no one was there anymore.

For whichever it counts, stupid or arrogant, Kim Himchan was just angry. Frustrated and pissed off at how Yongguk had just walked out like that. Not with a good bye, not with a single word left behind. Maybe that’s why he never chased after him. Maybe that’s why he never texted him. Maybe that’s why Himchan never got the usual phone call from Yongguks mother to wish him a happy new year.

Maybe … finally everything is ruined.

But Himchan is dense and stupid. Naïve and prideful to the point he dared to ignore it for an entire month. Ignore the absence of Yongguk, Ignore having to go back home, ignore how his laundry wasn’t washed, ignore his want to share Yongguks bowl of ramen, and live his life.

Kim Himchan was popular. It wasn’t hard for him to find himself a replacement. He moved out of that shady place to his new boyfriends house, where he was given an entire room for himself.

Though he never admitted, it was lonely. There was a neglected, given up feeling lingering at the back of his mind whenever he sat alone on his desk – looking out of the french window that faced him, looking ahead at yards of neatly maintained garden flowers. It was a breath-taking sight. His boyfriend was damned rich, these walls were screaming out their wealth, but something about these humongous walls were so damned empty and pointless.  

Just earlier today, a Sunday morning that started the new year – he received a phone call from the landlord of his previous apartment. He was asked to move out his things, as none of them are living there anymore it’s a waste to just pay the rent; he said.

That’s why Jongup joined Himchan to visit his previous apartment.

It pissed off Himchan – the first thing that came to Jongups lips when he opened the door.

“Wow, it’s so .. small

But Himchan forgives him, because Jongup is this rather oblivious person who doesn’t have much second thoughts running in his mind. The words still sting though, because deep in his heart of hearts, Himchan knows that this little place means a lot more than just its size.

Jongup helps Himchan to move his things about; and Jongup had already called a delivery service to move his things – which is on its way. This is when the landlord walks in.

The old man is rather friendly and easy going, which is why he was here to return the money the two had paid for January, because none of them were staying for the month anyway.

Himchan was the one who is always late to pay the rent. Yongguk always pays his half first.

On Himchans palm, the man placed half of their rent – paid by Yongguk.

Something just snapped inside Himchan.

He should be paying the rest of the rent back by now, living like he used to with Yongguk placing kisses on his cheek for every petty thing, complaining about nonsense like he does.

Himchan looked like he was traumatized with a stack of thousand won notes on his hand, seated on a couch Jongup called too small and odd colored. Jongup, however dumb as he can be – noticed.

“You okay?” He asked, bending down, giving Himchans shoulder a pat.

The question was a stab in his heart. No. He was not okay. In fact, he had never been since Yongguk had left him.

Wasn’t the stack of cash on his palm saying that Yongguk meant to live the coming year with him as well? Place thousand kisses on him like he used to?

He was silent, silent the entire day until the two went home. He had finally given up to all the gas he had bottled up and he had way too much to admit with himself. By sunset, watching as Jongup drove him to his house – Himchan had realized that he isn’t himself anymore. He realized that he’ll never be without Yongguk in his life.  He still wasn’t sure if he wanted to call it the past, say that people change, and move on like that’s how life is meant to be.

Yongguk was a past.

Himchan was awake at twelve midnight, and as he kept his eyes locked with the envelop of money the landlord had given him, he wasn’t buying it.

Himchan couldn’t convince himself that Yongguk was a past.

That’s why he packed his bags.

“I’m sorry, Jongup. I just…”

“You’re leaving?”

Himchan couldn’t have been obvious, holding a trunk wearing his clothes out. Jongup just stood bewildered. He blinked twice, counted by Himchan.

“Why?” he stuttered, gulping thickly.

“We’re just..” Himchan paused. “..not meant to be.”

“Himchan!” That answer was obviously not satisfying Jongup. “What the hell?” he narrowed his brows, crossing his arms.

“I’m sorry, I really have to go. Thank you – for so far.”

 

Himchan just hurriedly stepped out of the grand house, closing the door behind before Jongup could have said more.

He was taking the stairs downwards.

The door opened, and Jongup – with just a trace of tears in his eyes bobbed his head out.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

Himchan couldn’t stop the bittersweet smile spreading on his lips. “Airport.” Internally, he was thinking that Jongup was a nice kid. He felt bad – almost as if he had used him.

“I’ll drop you.” He pulled out the keys of his car from his pocket. Himchan obliged.

 

--

Well, yeah. Oneshots end like that. Sorry. :P If you want to continue or sequal or something go ahead :) We can coauthor or so? lol, yeah sorry about that end. Time management problems.