Chapter 9: Romeo and Juliet I

Somewhere in Time

Kim has just left Pie's room, she wondered what was wrong with her. When she got to her room, she started to put in the new details and then after finishing with the day's happenings, she wrote a note to Yam:

 

Dear Yam, I received your message today. Thank you so much! :3 I'm alright here, I hope you're alright there as well. I miss you too, I wish I could go back there and tell you in person the things that I've experienced. This is all so weird Yam, I still can't believe this is happening, Pie said this happened for a reason, I'm still not sure what that reason is though. By the way, my battery is down to 30%, so I guess I won't be hearing much from you anymore :( but I will still keep you up to speed through this notebook (that is if this stupid idea of mine will work). Please send me a message if you read this. Take care boss and thank you so much!”

 

Kim closed the notebook and hid it under her mattress, she lies down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She kept her lampshade on, as she tries to sleep, thoughts about today's events flooded her mind. So, she's getting married huh. What did I expect, a beautiful girl like her didn't have any suitors, and that she would fall for me? Jeez, what happened at the piano and when she kissed me on the cheek was just her curiosity. I never should have expected anything from that. A girl cooped up all alone in a house meets a tom for the very first time, and a tom from the future, yeah that would surely spark her curiosity. I just need to focus on going back to my own time, it's still up to her if she wants to come with me. I know my place now, I'm her friend and her bodyguard. Kim covered her face with the blanket and forced herself to sleep.

 

The next morning, Kim woke up earlier. Being an employee of the house requires her to wake up early and check on Pie. She takes a shower and puts on her clothes, then she walked out of her room, she found Aunt In going inside Pie's room to wake her up. “Good morning Aunt In!” Kim greeted Aunt In. “Good morning Kim! Oh dear, better wait outside.” Aunt In signaled Kim to stay out, she's a man in the eyes of everyone else in the manor. Kim patiently waited outside. I'm her friend and her bodyguard. Nothing more. Kim thought to herself as she stands properly outside Pie's door, a few minutes in, Jane greets her. “Hello Kim! Good morning!” Jane waves at Kim as she moves closer towards her. “Hello Ms. Jane.” Kim greeted politely. Jane stood closely next to Kim, she wrapped her arms around Kim's arm, her perfume was filling Kim's nostrils. Hmm, she smells good. Kim thought. “So, is my dearest friend still in her jammies? Hehe..” Jane giggled and Kim nodded. While they were waiting for Pie, they talked about Jane's family, her hobbies, her likes and how she and Pie became friends, she was very open though Kim was very reserved, she spoke very little about herself and her family. After thirty minutes, Pie came out with Aunt In. “Good morning Ms. Pie.” Kim greeted her, she was about to smile and greet her back but she saw Jane clinging on to Kim's arm. She just nodded and faked a smile. “Good morning Jane, let's get something to eat.” Pie pulls Jane from Kim's arm. When they arrived at the dining area, Pie and Jane sat down for breakfast with their parents while Kim stood quietly at the corner looking around.

 

Mr. Mindara asked Kim to join them for breakfast, she nodded politely and proceeds to the table. Kim was about to sit on the chair next to Pie when Jane suddenly grabbed her by the arm and makes her sit next to her instead. Pie's grip on the knife tightened when she saw this, when Kim was seated, Mr. Mindara spoke “Pie, Van would like to take you to the city to watch a play. He'll pick you up tomorrow, he also said that you can bring anyone you like. Perhaps Jane would like to come? I'm sure Van will allow it.” Pie takes a sip from her cup and replied to her father “Alright father, I'll get my things ready as soon as possible, Jane you can come with us... and Kim, I'll feel safer when Kim's around father.” Mr. Mindara nodded and Kim's eyes widened in disbelief. After breakfast, Kim snuck out to the Wormhole to check if there's a message from Yam. She took her phone and saw there was one.

 

Hey teenager, I got your message in the notebook. Kind of weird though, I just can't believe it worked. Anyway, stay safe and come back soon. Bring me a souvenir if you can!”

 

Kim hid her phone and went to Pie and Jane who were in the living room. She found the two giggling on the couch, she walked towards them and greeted them. “Hello, ladies. You seem to be in such a good mood.” Kim said as she sat across them. “Hey Kim. We were just talking about what play we'll be watching.” Jane replied while Pie just smiled. “Romeo and Juliet.” A male voice answered, when they turned they saw a tall handsome young man in a black suit walking towards them. “Van? W-what are you doing here? You're not supposed to pick us up until tomorrow.” Pie stood up surprised while Jane giggled. Van knelt in front of Pie, took her hand and kissed it. “I just thought I might surprise my beautiful fiance.” Van replied, Pie's face turned red while Kim's eyes sharpened and her hands curled into fists. Then Van turned to Jane and Kim to introduce himself. “My pardons, I am Van Yupanun. Pie's fiance, nice to meet you miss..” “Jane. Jane Tongborisuth, sir.” Van nods and kissed Jane's hand then turned to Kim. “Kim Jittaleela, Ms. Pie's bodyguard.” Van shook Kim's hand. “Oh, that explains the bruise on your face. You have my thanks for defending my sweet fiance.” After shaking Kim's hand, Van turned back to Pie and grabs her hand. it made very uncomfortable but then she thought, she'd give Van a chance, maybe she could fall for him instead of Kim. “Please excuse me and Ms. Pie, we'd like to have a private conversation.” Van then leads Pie out of the living as Kim watched helplessly, she kept telling herself Know your place, Kim but it just hurts her more.

Van and Pie spent the whole day together, getting to know each other and discussing their wedding, but all Pie could think about is what Jane is doing to Kim, is she clinging to her? Has Kim fallen for Jane's beauty? These things filled her head while Van keeps talking about his interests and so on. Finally, Pie could no longer bear it and stood up. “Van, may we go inside? I'd like to speak to Jane about tomorrow.” Pie lied, she just wanted to make sure that Jane is not all over Kim. Van nodded and escorted her back to the living room, as they come closer, they could hear someone playing the piano. Pie thought it was familiar and then she recognized it, when they were at the living room entrance, they found Kim playing the piano and Jane closely watching her. Clair de Lune? Why is she playing it to Jane? This is our song! Pie suddenly bursted out in tears and ran away. Van was surprised and chased Pie, Kim and Jane on the other hand were not aware about what happened.

 

All Kim could think about when she was playing was Pie. That song reminded her about the time when they almost kissed and when Pie gave her a kiss on the cheek. Those moments were ours, they may not mean the same to her but I treasure them. This is the most I could give myself, the thought that somehow, she may have felt the same for me. Kim stopped playing and wiped the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. “Hey Kim, are you alright?” Jane asked as she noticed Kim wiping her eyes. “I'm alright, I just caught dust in my eyes.” Kim smiled as she wipes herself.

 

Pie locked herself in her room while Van was knocking on her door. Of all the songs that she would play to Jane, why that? Has she forgotten our moment with that song? Pie thought as she lays on her bed in tears. Then she realizes that Van was knocking on her door, she must make an excuse, she wiped herself and opened the door. “I'm sorry to make you worry, it's just that I get very emotional with that song.” Pie chuckled with her red eyes. Van forced himself to believe Pie and hugged her, then she asked Aunt In to just bring their dinner to her room. Aunt In informed Mr. Mindara that Pie will be eating dinner in her room with Van, Kim heard it and lost her appetite. It pains her to think that Pie is with someone else. After dinner, Jane went to her room to pack her things while Kim went to the living room. She sat on the grand piano and opened it, she thought about what happened there. It made her feel a bit better. Then she starts playing again.

 

After eating dinner, Van left for his room to rest while Pie still thinking about what happened. She decided to sneak out of her room, she looked at Kim's room and knocks on the door but no one answered. She must be asleep. She didn't even look for me. Pie sadly thought. Then she decides to walk around then she heard someone playing piano in the living room. She takes a peek and saw Kim playing Clair de Lune, she was alone so Pie decides to approach her. She sat next to Kim on the piano bench. “You were playing this for Jane earlier, did she like it?” Pie coldly asked while Kim just shook her head. “Have you forgotten Kim? It was just a few days ago and you've already forgotten!” Pie's face starts to frown with frustration and her face was turning red. “Forgotten what Pie?” Kim knew what Pie was talking about but she pretended that she did not know and continued playing. “This!” Pie grabbed Kim's cheeks and reached for Kim's lips. Their lips locked and Pie closed her eyes while Kim's hands turned cold and stopped playing. Pie's lips were sweet, Kim closed her eyes and wrapped her arms on Pie and moved closer to her. When their lips parted, Pie starts to cry, Kim held Pie's cheek and raised it towards her face. “No Pie, I'll never forget that.” Kim kissed Pie again, their hearts were beating fast and their bodies were feverishly warm. It was a passionate kiss, enough to express all the unsaid feelings. The inner turmoil in them has been settled, their hidden feelings are now expressed. Fate and time is on their side..