Chapter 30: Our Love History I: Past

Somewhere in Time

2065

The pitter patter of the falling rain woke up an old soul from her slumber. Her wrinkly hands slowly reached for her glasses, she lit her lamp, rose and slid her feet inside the velvet slippers. With the help of her cane, she walked slowly but surely. The crackling sound of thunder gave her goosebumps, she looked out the window and saw the rain pouring heavily. She felt a hint of sadness and joy as she watches the falling rain, then she felt something wet flowing from her cheeks, she paused and wiped her tears and continued her way to her destination. She opened a small lamp as she feels the touch of the old grand piano, she carefully sat on the bench and looked at the four photos placed on the table next to the piano. She could not help but to feel something pierce through her as she lifts and looks at the first photo.

 

2015

Pie

A sprinkle of water landed on the right arm of the bride, she could not help but smile as she looks outside the window, finding the pouring rain homely when other brides found it annoying. She loved the rain, she loved the fact that it led her to where she is now. She smiled again, thinking about how she met her prince during a storm. SNAP! “You look so beautiful, miss. You're the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.” Said the photographer. “Thank you, good sir.” Pie kindly replied. “Do you know why I like taking pictures, my lady?” The photographer asked Pie. “No, why is that?” Pie replied. “Because I preserve priceless memories, I sort of.. immortalize moments that can never happen again. No matter how good or bad a moment is, it can only happen once. Like your wedding. One day, you will look at this photo and smile and remember how it felt.” The photographer pointed Pie's photo in the screen of the DSLR camera. Pie could not help but smile at the man. He is right. She thought to herself. TOK!TOK! “Pie, it's time.” Zee called Pie, offering one hand to her. Zee could not help but be dazzled with Pie. “Kim's one lucky brat, Pie. Hehehe..” Zee jested. “I know, right?” Pie replied as she gives her hand to Zee, and they both laughed.

 

Yam

I don't understand why you're having such a hard time with this Kim. You've done this a hundred times and now you're like a confused teenager.” Yam said as she fixes Kim's tie, twisting and turning until she made a perfect windsor knot. “There, all good.” Yam taps Kim's chest. “Yam, thanks for being here.” Kim said to her. “Of course kiddo, Old Yam will never miss this teenager's wedding!” Yam messed Kim's hair a bit. “Heeey! I already fixed that!” Kim combed back her hair, as she looked at the mirror, she noticed Yam's glance towards her, right there she knew. There were still things left unsaid, unsettled matters that needs to be settled now. “Yam, I know we never really talked about.. well.. you know..” Kim took a big swallow. “When you, kissed me.” Kim's face became serious. “Yam, you're my best friend in the whole world. I hated the fact that I've been so oblivious to your feelings that I ended up hurting you. I'm so sorry Yam, I haven't been a good friend to you lately, or ever..” Yam cut Kim's sentence with her pointer finger on her lips. “Kim, it does not matter. You should not bother yourself with these kinds of thoughts. Look, I did not tell you how I felt to make you feel guilty or to return my feelings. I said it because I wanted to. Because I wanted you to know. That's it, so stop thinking about it. Today is your wedding, smile! Today is about you and Pie!” Yam cupped Kim's cheeks. “Well, you're right.” Kim replied. “Besides, keeping that kind of a secret is not good for my health. Ooooh, the stress, not good for my beautiful face. God knows what my fans will think of me if I don't take care of myself. Besides, I might meet misster right, you'll never know.” Yam said as she gave a playful faint. “You're crazy, Old Yam. Haha! As a matter of fact, I think I know where to find misster right. I think she's in the opposite side of the manor. Yeah, I think she went there to pick up my future wife. Yeah.” Kim rubs her chin and gave Yam an annoying grin. “Damn it, Kim!” Yam slapped Kim's arm. “What?” Kim said, trying to contain her laughter. “Don't jinx me teenager!” The two best friends left the room laughing, arms wrapped around each other. Finally, I can start being Kim's best friend again. Yam thought as she placed her head on Kim's shoulder. “It's time kiddo, let's go.” Yam linked her arm with Kim and started to make their way down to the grand staircase.

 

Kim

Omigod omigod omigod omigod.. Kim kept tapping her foot on the car floor while her arms are crossed. She could feel her collar tightening so she pulled it a bit loosen it up. Man, is this really what it feels like to get married? And of all the days to rain, why today? “Hey, relax Kim. Don't mess up your collar. It's okay, just take a deep breath. It's normal to be nervous. Here, drink up.” Yam offered a bottle of water to Kim and in just a couple of seconds, she gulped the entire content of the bottle. Yam could not help but laugh at Kim. After a twenty-minute drive, they finally arrived at the place of the wedding. The hotel is as old as the Mindara Manor yet it still packs the same elegance as it did back in its earlier years, and yes, this is the same hotel where Kim, Pie, Van and Jane stayed to watch the Romeo and Juliet play. Kim got out of the car first and then she helped Yam. Kim looked up and observed the classical exterior of the hotel then chuckled. “What's so funny?” Yam asked Kim. “I just remembered, when we went here back in 1914 with Jane and Van, I told Pie I will buy this hotel out of jealousy.” Kim replied. “And you actually bought the place. You and your ego Kim.” Yam jested. “Wha- no! I bought it because I didn't want it to be closed down. I want keep the memories I shared with Pie, even if they are sad or bad ones. It's a part of our love story. Besides, can you not see what a great job we did restoring it?” Kim pointed out the interior of the hotel, it looked as regal as it did back in 1914 except for some minor touches. Kim and Yam worked hard to restore this hotel for Kim and Pie's wedding. After a long walk, they finally reached the Crimson Gold Ballroom. It's interior was old Victorian and the name of the room fits its colors. It was lit with six grand chandeliers, the room was large enough to fit two hundred people. The room was already filled with people, friends and family members waiting for the bride and groom. As Kim walks through the aisle with Yam, people came in and starts to congratulate her. She smiled and thanked them but deep in her mind she thought: Oh God, I hope they will not jinx me. Finally Kim and Yam arrived on the altar, and now the hardest part begins: waiting for the bride. Every groom must have felt this nervous when waiting for their bride, wondering if she'll arrive or not. Every second seems an eternity at the end of the aisle, fortunately for Kim, she had Yam to keep her company. She kept her physical composure but inside she was like a little kid who does not know what to do. Kim's inner thoughts were paused by the sound of the piano and violins playing the intro music of the bride (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLG96xRth5Q). Kim slowly turns and found her stunning bride in her white regal gown, stretching six feet from her soles, her beautiful face covered by a thin twelve feet long veil that is held down by a white gold tiara studded with diamonds. Kim's jaw almost dropped at sight of her wife to be, her heart's pounding out of control with Pie's every step.

 

Pie

Do not trip! Do not trip! Those were the words that keep echoing in Pie's mind as she walks down the aisle. It was her day and she did not want to be embarrassed by tripping over her wedding dress. She held tightly on Zee's arm as she gracefully slid her feet with every step. She saw Kim at the end of the aisle and focused on her. She's there waiting for me. She's really a handsome groom, my Kim. Finally, her last step took is welcomed by Kim's hand and smile. “You look so beautiful, Pie.” Kim whispered to her, Pie cannot help but blush and smile at those words. “You're not looking so bad yourself, Kim.” Pie replied. They both giggled and faced the altar. Alas, the moment they have been waiting for has finally arrived. Pie's heart was continuously pounding throughout the ceremony, it was a good thing that Kim took notice of Pie's nervousness and held her hand, as if saying I feel it too. Kim's touch soothed Pie's nerves until the exchange of vows. Pie and Kim looked at each other and started to recite their vows. And then, the kiss to seal their them. The guests stood up and applauded, cheering for the newly weds to give them more sweet scenes and so they obliged, Kim locked her lips to Pie's for the second time, feeling the softness and tasting the cherry of her lipstick.

 

The reception began with the bride and groom's first dance. The Very Thought of You by Nat King Cole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYLWSo4fYM

 

The very thought of you and I forget to do
The little ordinary things that everyone ought to do
I'm living in a kind of daydream
I'm happy as a king
And foolish though it may seem
To me that's everything

The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love

The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love

 

Pie would never forget this moment, she thought to herself as she rests her head on Kim's shoulder as they danced. "When did you realize that you'll be spending the rest of your life with me?" Kim asked Pie. "The moment I lost you for the first time. That was when I realized that I cannot live without you." Pie replied. "How about you, Kim?" Pie looked at Kim. "The moment I laid eyes on your photo." Kim replied. "What? But you didn't even know I existed back then." Pie replied. "Yeah, but I knew if I were to meet you, I know I will spend forever and a day with you." Kim grins and chuckled. "You always have an answer to everything, do you?" Pie raised her eyebrow on Kim and smiled. "Of course, princess." They both continued their sweet conversation until the end of the music. From afar, the photographer snaps countless photos of them, preserving every precious moment for he knew, someday, it would be the key to their past, present and future.

 

 

 

--------------------> Author's Note:

Hello guys! Sorry if it took so long for me to update, I really want the story's ending to be perfect. I will update as soon as possible, thanks for reading. :)