Chapter 16: A Kiss to Build a Dream On

Somewhere in Time

The storm still rages on, rain pours like crashing waves and thunders roar from afar. Kim and Pie were cuddling in the blanket. “So, that's how it happened.” Kim blurted out. “What happened?” Pie curiously asked. “So that's how you smiled in that photo.” Kim replied. Pie widens her eyes at Kim. “You've seen that photo?” Pie quickly asked. “Yes. I saw it the first time I went in the manor. I fell for that smile at the first sight of it.” Kim grins at Pie. “It's kinda weird that I would be the cause of that. So it means, everything happened already? When we bumped on each other that night until when I came back here during your photo shoot, they all happened already. And that photo of you smiling is the proof. Man, this is some deep paradox stuff.” Kim sighed. “Jeez, Kim. You'll go nuts thinking about such things. As for me, I'm happy about that. It means that somewhere in time, you already found me.” Pie smiled at Kim and hugged her tight. “Yeah Pie, I found you.” Kim started to nibble at Pie's ear. They both laughed and started to tickle each other. “Aish, Kim! I'm the girl here. Hahaha! Kim! Stahp it! I'm older than you, have some respect!” Pie squealed as she was losing in their tickling game, Kim paused and looked at Pie. “Sorry.. forgive me... GRANNY!” Kim laughed hysterically while Pie narrowed her eyes and gave Kim a killer look. “Alright, I'm kidding. Sorry Pie, you win.” Kim was still catching her breath from laughing. “I guess I really am old enough to be your grandmother.” Pie's face suddenly became serious. “Hey Pie, don't be like that. I was just joking, come here.” Kim comforts Pie with her arms, and she secures her with the warmth from her chest. “Kim, what will happen to us? Besides the fact that we're both women, we still have a REALLY wide . I mean, I'm 21 now but for you, in your time I'm 121 and you're 19! That's a hundred and two years age difference.” Pie's head starts to hurt, she cupped her face and pouts. “I don't mind dating older women. Hehe..” Kim teased Pie, she gave her a sweet grin and Pie just melted. Pie slapped Kim's arm playfully and then she grabbed on to her. “You silly boy, you really know how to make me smile.” “And I don't mind traveling hundreds of years just to be with you, Pie.” Pie felt hundreds of butterflies float inside her stomach, she couldn't say anything. Pie smiled as her cheeks turn tomato red. They hugged each other and enjoyed the cool monsoon weather, the heavy rainfall turned into drizzles. It was a perfect night and the two lovers made the most of it.

 

The next day, Kim planned a surprise for Pie. She wanted to make the most while her parents are gone. With Van and Jane's help, her plans were possible. Jane distracted Pie will Van helped Kim with the preparations for her surprise, Aunt In helped as well. They only saw each other during meal times. She just came back and now she wants to spend the day away from me, stupid Kim. What is she doing?! Pie thought to herself as Kim excused herself. The storm has passed, the sky was clear today, the sunlight slices through the windows.

 

Later that afternoon, Pie was reading in her room with Jane. They were sipping tea and eating a late afternoon snack. Pie was reading the novel The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. She recently acquired this novel through Van, she has only read one-fourth of the book and intends to finish it by tonight. Jane looked out the window and saw Van, he gave her the signal. “Pie, I feel a bit cooped up in here. Can we go to the garden?” Pie felt the need to stretch her legs so she nodded. She placed a book mark between the pages she is reading and left the book on her table, she picked up her feet, she and Jane started to make their way to the garden.

 

The setting sun's last minutes gave the garden a dramatic orange yellow shade. Colorful lanterns lit the stone path. The tree was decorated with hanging pink and yellow lanterns, below it was a table that was set for two. Pie was in awe with everything she just saw. She knew right away that Kim did this for her, but where is she? Pie's eyes scanned the entire area for her but she was not there. A hand slides from behind to her belly. She could feel a familiar warmth, she smiled and felt comfort. Kim moved herself in front of Pie. She lifter her right hand, with it a single red rose. Kim smiled and blushed as she handed this single red rose. Pie's face starts to redden and her smile was the same with the photo Kim first saw. Pie accepted the rose and Kim led her to the table and offered her to sit.

 

Pie: “So, is this what you've been doing all day?”

Kim: “Yeah, do you like it?”

Pie: “No.” Pie answered with a serious face. Kim looked down with a hint of sadness. There was a long pause, an awkward silence. Kim bit her lower lip and sighed. Then Pie scoffs. “I don't like it, I love it!.' Pie exclaimed.

Kim: “Hey, why do have to be like that? I thought you hated it, you scared the hell out of me..”

Pie: “Well, that is for ignoring me the whole day. And for making me go bad last night.”

Kim: “Go bad?” Kim curiously asked.

Pie: “Gosh Kim, we both know what I mean!” Pie's face was red all over, even her neck. Kim started to chuckle, making Pie pout. “It was my first time, silly Kim!” Pie looked down with her face, turning redder by the second. Kim took Pie's hands from across the table and held them gently.

Kim: “It was my first time too, Princess. You are my first..” Kim stood up and kissed Pie's right hand. “..and my last.” Kim kissed Pie's left hand. Pie blushed and smiled. She was happy to hear those things from Kim.

Pie: “You better make sure of that or these 'first and last' fists will be the last thing you'll ever see.” Pie closed her hands into fists.

Kim: “Such a nasty little princess aren't ya?” Kim jested.

Pie: “Jeez, Kim.. We both know you like it when I go bad.” Pie gave Kim a wink, then she bit her lower lip and started to look at Kim seductively.

Kim leaned closer to Pie, their faces just a couple of inches away. She gave her the look that girl-stunning look and grinned. “Oh, yeah. I sure do.” Pie playfully slapped Kim's arm and they both laughed.

Pie: “Darn it, I always lose in stare downs.” Pie pouts. “So, what is the reason for all of these? What is the special occasion, it's beautiful. All of it.”

Kim: “I wanted to take you on our first date and I want to make it memorable.”

Pie: “Aww, Kim.” Pie smiled.

 

Then Kim stood next to Pie, she offered her hand to stand up, Pie held Kim's hand and stood in front of her. Kim puts her right hand on Pie's back, her left hand guided Pie's left hand on her shoulder then held her right hand up. “Let's dance.” Kim whispered. “But there's no music to dance to.” Pie replied. Kim held her closer, they could feel each other's warmth. They could feel each other's speeding heartbeats. “Yes we do.” Kim whispered. { Please listen to this song as you read the next paragraph. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HzN-aeTJs – link for the song below. A Kiss to Build a Dream on by Louis Armstrong}

 

Kim started to sing is a bit of husky voice and started to move with Pie.

 

Give me a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A kiss to build a dream on

 

Their bodies move to the tune of Kim's voice, encircling the garden with a waltz. Their eyes locked on to each other.


Give me a kiss before you leave me
And my imagination will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part
A kiss to build a dream on

 

The night was clear, the stars and moon lit up the garden with silver light while the lanterns gave it colors. The night was cool and calm.


When I'm alone with my fancies...i'll be with you
Weaving romances...making believe they're true

Oh.. Give me your lips for just a moment
And my imagination will make that moment live

 

As the song neared its end, Kim twirled Pie then caught her again. Their face, just a few inches away. Kim caressed Pie's cheek, she looked deep in her eyes and sang the last two lines.

 

Oh..Give me what you alone can give

A kiss to build a dream on..

 

And with that, Pie closed her eyes and locked her lips with Kim.