Chapter 29: A Promise (updated)

Somewhere in Time

The warm rays of the sun pierced through the glass window. The sun shines as if there was no storm the night before. Slowly but surely, the sun rays found its way to Pie's eyes, waking her up. She rubbed her eyes to get a clearer look at her surroundings; she found Kim beside her, still peacefully sleeping. Pie gave her eyes another quick rub and a pinch to make sure she is not dreaming. The sudden gush of pain from her pinched skin was proof enough that it was real. Yes. She is back in the future. Last night was a bit of a blur for her, everything happened so fast her mind did not have the time to process it all.

 

The last thing she could remember clearly is that she was palying a new piece in her piano then the rain started to pour. Slowly but surely, Pie recollects every detail about what happened last night. She traveled back in time without her knowing it, she traveled even if she was not in the wormhole. And unlike Kim, when she travels, she could feel no pain in her head nor did her nose bled. Thinking about it, Pie never experienced any of the symptoms Kim has when she time travels, hers was smooth and flawless, just like walking through a curtain. Pie tries to recollect her thoughts.

 

Flashback:

Pie was playing a new piece entitled “Somewhere in Time.” This piece reminded her of Kim, playing it made her feel closer to her, and as if by some magic, when she turned her gaze away from the music sheet, she found Kim. Her body froze, starts to dry up. Fortunately, she found the strength to stand up to find if this is real or not. She slowly walked towards Kim, carefully stepping closer, she was afraid that one wrong move could make everything dissolve into a dream. After feeling Kim's warmth, she knew it was real for no dream could match the real deal. Now words could describe how much she missed Kim, no words could express the joy she is feeling right now. Only her gesture could do so, and Kim knew that right away for she was feeling the same. It is as if their minds are synched by an unknown bond.

 

Ehem! The couple was taken from their own world. “Hello Pie, it's nice to see you again.” Kim almost forgot that Zee was there. “As much as I hate to interrupt you two, we still have guests waiting for you Kim.” Zee smiled apologeticly to them both. “Guests? You're hosting a ball Kim?” Pie asked Kim. “Yes Pie, it is an auction ball. The money tha we will raise evening will be donated to cancer-stricken youth. I just wanted to continue Dad's tradition, I know he would want this.” Kim replied, right then and there, Pie already understood. Kim's father has died. His battle with this dreadful disease has finally ended, Pie gave a silent prayer for Kim's father and hugged Kim. “I know he would be proud of you, Kim.” She assured her Kim. “Go to your guests Kim, I will wait for you here.” She gave Kim a quick kiss on her cheek. “No, you're coming with me princess.” Kim replied, pulling Pie's arm. “Zee, please help Yam to stall for a bit longer. Pie will just change her clothes.” Both Pie and Zee were surprised. “Okay, buddy but hurry up. It is really great that you're back Pie! See you in the dining hall!” Zee ran away, leaving the two alone. “Kim, I can't just barge in to your ball. It is rude and I'm already late. I'll just wait for you.” Pie tries to convince Kim as they headed to their room. “It's okay, I'll just tell them that you were supposed to surprise me earlier but your flight was delayed. Besides, it's about time to introduce my beautiful fiance to the world.” Kim replied as she finds something for Pie.

 

Fiance. The word caught Pie's full attention. Yes, that is right. I am Kim's fiance and she is mine. Pie could not help but to smile. Beautiful fiance. Those words were music to Pie's ears. She never felt so happy to be called someone's fiance; before she met Kim, the thought of marriage frightened her. She was afraid being trapped in a relationship, she was afraid of its finality. Now, she couldn't be happier to bonded with someone forever for that someone is her Kim. She rushed towards the closet and found the blue dress that she and Kim bought back then. “I'll wear this. Turn around so that I can change.” She said to Kim. Pie starts to her dress when she felt that Kim was staring at her. “Hey! I told you to turn around! Peek and you're dead!” She said as she playfully hits Kim's stomach. “I'm sorry, I just missed you so much Pie.” Kim pouted like a little kid who did something wrong. “I missed you too, Kim. But for now, we need to get back to your guests. Now turn around, peek and you're really dead.” Kim turned around, and Pie began to undress. She could sense Kim is starting to tense up as she removes her clothes. She giggles in her minds and starts to tease Kim by putting the new dress louder. She could see the back of Kim's neck turn red. “Hey, it's alright to look now.” She called Kim. “You're so beautiful Pie.” Kim charmingly said. Pie has always been told that she is beautiful all her life but she never felt that she is until it came from Kim's lips.

 

As Kim said, she introduced her beautiful fiance to the world. Pie felt proud yet nervous, she knew that not all people accepted their relationship. She smiled and greeted Kim's guests and thanked them for their kind wishes. The last to give them her wish was Yam. Yam approached them and gave Kim a hug and a peck on the cheek, then she went to Pie. “Congratulations Pie, I'm so happy for the two of you.” Yam gave Pie a hug and a peck on the cheek as well, then she whispered to Pie's ear. “It's great to have you back here Pie, we missed you.” Kim's brave bestfriend. This woman has so much courage in her heart. Yes, I know how she feels for Kim though no one told me. Her eyes gave her away. She looks at Kim the same way I do, yet I know that she will not hinder our relationship. She is a very kind and brave person, Kim is really lucky to have someone like her in her life. I hope she can find someone that will give her the same love that she gives Kim. Pie smiled at Yam and hugged her back. “Thank you, Yam.” Yam may not know it but Pie is thanking Yam for everything that she did for her and Kim. After that, the dinner started. The mood was cool and light, the sound of the band's music blocked the sound of the pouring rain, though Kim and Pie loved its pitter patter. The rest of the night was magical, they all danced until midnight.

 

Finally, the auction ball has ended and Kim and Pie are alone. The rain was still pouring heavily with a crack of thunder here and there. Pie and Kim were in the living room, they were sitiing in front of the ten-foot glass window, Pie was safely wrapped in Kim's arms. “I missed you, princess.” Kim said. “Me too, Kim. I missed you so much. I thought I will never see you again.” Pie replied. “Me too Pie, I was so afraid then something happened.” Kim took out their wedding photo that Kim found secretly hiddnen in their journal and showed it to Pie. “I put that in there Kim.” Pie said as she examined the photo. “And I ripped the last pages of the journal as well.” Pie added, Kim was shocked to hear that. “Why did you do that?” Kim asked. “Because my older self told me to do so.” Pie replied, now Kim was more confused. “What do you mean your older self told you? I got a note from my older self as well. Why are our older selves messing with us?” Kim stretched back. “Silly Kim! They are not messing with us. They are guiding us. It's a good thing that my older self told me to rip off those last pages. I'll show you why.” Pie led Kim to their room. She removed the loose wooden panel on the floor and took out a package covered in brown paper. Pie opened it and inside were the last pages of their journal. She gave a page to Kim and lets her read it. “You were giving up?” Kim said after she finished reading the page. “I'm sorry Kim. I was so afraid that the wormhole would never open again. I'm not really giving up, I wanted you to forget me so that you could live your life. I did not want you to pause your life for me. It was weak of me, I'm sorry Kim.” Pie starts to tear up. She was afraid that Kim would never forgive her for that. “Hey, don't cry. I almost gave up hope too. I understand completely, a dozen storms have passed and it was still closed. We were both afraid.” Kim hugged Pie, and that gave her relief. “What matters it that we're together again now, and I will never let us part again. Now, don't cry princess.” Kim wrapped her arms around Pie tightly, her hand found its way to Pie's cheek, slowly she closed her eyes and locked her lips to Pie. Pie could feel the softness and passion in Kim's kiss, the sweetness of her lips and warmth of her hug. “I love you, Pie.” Kim brushed Pie's hair and caressed her cheeks. “I love you too, Kim.” Pie replied with all her heart. The couple spent the night discussing about the things that happened when they were apart, they spoke and laugh until they fell asleep.

 

End of flashback.

 

Pie touched Kim's face with her fingers, feeling every detail of her face. As she looks at Kim, she made a silent promise to herself and Kim. I swear nothing will break us apart, even time. I know you will move mountains to be with me and I will do the same. I swear to love you forever, even after my soul leaves this world. With that, Pie kissed Kim's cheek. “Good morning, princess.” Kim was awakened with the soft kiss. “Good morning, prince.” Pie gave Kim her sweetest smile. It was the start of a new day, it was the start of their forever.

 

 

 

 

-------------> Author's note:

Hello! So, I changed Chapter 29. I hope you like this version better, sorry for the previous chapter. :)