Chapter 17: When the Universe Conspires

Somewhere in Time

1914

Drops of blood fell on the water, spreading like red ink, giving the white porcelain sink a pink shade. The surroundings were blurry, my head is tearing itself apart. Old memories are mixing with new ones. Scenes I cannot remember, things I cannot remember doing. It's like I am reliving my old self, except I don't know my old self. An architect? A bodyguard? A knight? A protector? A builder? A time traveller? I remember places that I have never seen before. Then, there she is.. Beautiful, soft, warm, alive. Alive? Why am I surprised? Is she supposed to be dead? Suddenly, the walls around her started to collapse, the floors disappeared and all that is left is just her. She was floating in a white oblivion, and from afar, four silhouettes emerged from the horizon. From afar, she could make out what they look like, except for their faces. The first one she saw was wearing the same ash gray suit she wore when she disguised herself as Pie's bodyguard. The second one was wearing a golden armor. The metal glistens as fine as any gold, with a red cape hanging from its back. The third one bothered her the most, it was wearing a red t-shirt, blue jeans and black chuck sneakers. Yes, it was the same exact set that she wore when she first came back in time. She felt a chill go up her spine. The three silhouettes were approaching her, the fourth one was still. There was no movement, she could not picture who or what it is.

 

We are you, you are us, we are one. We've lived three life times and no matter what, she ends up dying.. just in different ways. You are her curse, the gods have put an intangible wall between you yet somehow you crossed it.” The three silhouettes spoke in unison. What the hell are you saying? How could she die? I thought to myself. “Your love is an abomination. She was meant for greater things but you keep straying her from her path.” the three silhouettes united into one person, her. It was as if looking at the mirror, then it spoke. “You have angered the gods for the last time. You will be punished.....” Its voice was fading, she tried to grab her reflection but an invisible wall blocked her hand, making it bleed. Then all of a sudden, she was back. The tiles on the walls glistens with the light, the mirror was shattered. Her hands and nose were bleeding, red was everywhere. Pie came quickly as she heard the shatter of the mirror. She was shocked to see Kim covered in blood. “Kim!” Pie screamed. Kim turned to Pie, her sight was blurry, her head still aching and her hands trembling. Her face was pale, her lips were purple and her face was white as snow. Then everything became black.

 

Pie quickly grabbed Kim to break her fall, but she was too heavy for her so they both tumbled. Pie cut her leg on the broken glass, she carefully placed Kim's head on a towel and called Aunt In and Van for help. Van carried Kim to Pie's bed and Aunt In held Kim's forehead. Van tried to help Pie clean the cut on her leg but she refused. As soon as her leg was bandaged, she quickly ran back to Kim. “Nanny, what is wrong with her? Is she going to be alright?” Pie worriedly asked. “She's burning with fever, child. I don't know what happened to her, we need to call a doctor immediately.” Pie was reluctant to agree because she knew once she called a doctor, their secret will be known to all, known to her father and mother. But she had too, for Kim's sake she agreed. Van called on of his servants and told him to pick up the doctor in town. Aunt In cleaned the wounds on Kim's hands and noticed that the bleeding was not stopping. Very unusual for a wound like that. There were no major arteries placed on the knuckles and it was merely a bit of scratches and cuts. And Kim's nose continued to bleed as well. Pie puts a wet towel on Kim's forehead to help lower her temperature and she keeps on wiping the blood from Kim's nose. Kim.. What is happening to you? Pie thought.

 

The winds blew with the smell of the coming winter. The trees waved their leafy arms, dancing to the tune of the blowing wind. Where is this place? Kim wondered. She felt the galloping of the horse as she moved, only then she realized that she was riding a horse. She looked at herself and found her covered in golden armor. She could hear the tingling sound her armor makes as her horse moves forward. She was in a deep green forest, the land was covered with a thin layer of snow and from the leaves of the trees hang tiny frozen water droplets. The cool wind chills her face.. she was enjoying it. The throbbing in her head was gone, as well as the confusion and everything else.

 

2014

It was a warm clear day, Yam was walking in town with Bai to grab some frappes to cool down. As soon as they got their drinks, a couple of tall men in black suits appeared in front of them. “Miss Yam Klaudiom? Please come with us.” One of the tall men said. Yam felt chills from her spine, she knew who they were. She grabbed Bai's arm and walked right passed the two men, but what she saw surprised her. A man wearing a pale blue striped suit was sitting on the booth next to the door. He was in his early thirties, he had a sharp look on his face. Yam paused and releases Bai's arm. “Bai, you can go on first.” Yam gave Bai an assuring look. Bai, still hesitant refused. “It's alright Yam.” Bai nods and as soon as she reached the door, she gave the man in the striped suit a sharp looks and left. Yam sat to the chair across the man in the striped suit. “Brave girl.” The man spoke first. Yam looked straight at him. “What do you want, Mr. Jittaleela?”

 

1914

It was already 2 in the afternoon, the morning incident still left Pie worried and confused. The night before Kim was well, she even surprised her with a nice garden dinner and now she's pale and burning with fever. Kim never complained about anything before. She was alright. Then it hit her. The first time Kim came here, her nose was bleeding and her head was aching, she was a bit feverish too. But now, she did not complain about anything. Could this be a side effect of her time traveling? Pie thought. She was sitting next to Kim, watching her every move. She was worried because sometimes Kim would wince in pain then her nose would bleed. Pie also regularly wipes Kim's forehead with a wet cloth to cool down her fever. She was in deep thought when suddenly, Van came in her room. “Pie, your parents are here. We better move Kim.” Without any thought, Pie wrapped Kim in a blanket and wiped her face her a wet cloth for the last time. “Where are you taking her?” She asked Van. “To Nanny In's room. Pie, you better fix yourself and got them before they look for you. We may need to distract them when I move Kim” Van explained. Van carried Kim as Pie peaked out the door first to look for any sign of her parents. When it was clear, Van quickly walked out and heads to the servants' quarters. Pie washed her face and her wound, she covered her cut with fresh bandages and puts on fresh clothes. She sprayed a bit of perfume and combed her hair. She took a deep breath and went out of her room to welcome her parents. Kim, please wake up.. Pie thought as walked in the hallway. Every step keeps getting heavier as she closes in on her parents, worst case scenarios keep popping in her mind, she was breathing heavily and her chest was pounding. As she reached her last step, she took a deep breath before she greets her parents. Before she could move her lips, Pie's father spoke. “Pie, what is the meaning of this?” Pie's heart fell as she saw what her father was pointing at.

 

----------Author's Note

I'm sorry guys. Been busy with work, thank you for waiting and for supportning my fic. :)