Chapter 5: Clair De Lune

Somewhere in Time

Damn, what the hell was I thinking? I almost kissed her. She always does this to me, I must be more careful. I need to focus on figuring out how to go back to my own time. Kim said to herself as she finishes her breakfast. They spent the whole day in the library, Kim was looking for anything that involves her situation or time travel. She and Pie searched the entire library, but to their dismay, they only found fictions and no scientific reference. Kim sighed, she sat on the chair, stretched her legs and leaned her head back, she closed her eyes. “Kim, are you alright?” Pie walked towards her and looked down on her. Kim slowly opened her eyes and saw Pie's face on top of her, she smiled “I'm fine princess.” She then stood up and rubs her chin, I guess I'll be staying here longer than I thought. I can't stay in Pie's room forever.

Kim: “Pie, I don't think we'll find any answers soon. My best guest is that if a storm of the same magnitude hits this place again, that's the only time the wormhole will open again. So until then, I'm stuck here and I can't stay in your room forever. People will find out sooner or later, and we can't let that happen. I know you know why.”

Pie: “You're right. But, I think it's best if you stay close, so that we can investigate more.” And I don't want to be here alone too. Pie thought to herself.

Kim: “Yeah, you're right. Perhaps I can apply for a job here?” Kim suggested.

Pie: “Uhm, I'm not sure Kim. Job opportunities are very few here for women like us.”

Kim: “Who said I was gonna apply as a woman?” Kim said in a deep manly voice.

Pie: “Crazy! What if they find out?”

Kim: “They won't. Maybe I can apply as your body guard slash driver? We can say I'm Mrs. Jean's nephew from abroad that needs a job. I'm sure Mrs. Jean will vouch for me.” Kim grins.

Pie: “Body guard? Can you even fight? You flinch when I punched your stomach. And drive? Do you know how?”

Kim: “I studied different martial arts since I was 6, and I have been driving since I was 16. I can handle this.” Kim said proudly while she shows off her biceps. Pie giggles while Kim shows off.

Pie: “You're so silly Kim! Hehe.. Hunger must be affecting your brain. Let's eat some snacks.”

Kim: “Oh, by the way Pie, we need to hide our journal. We can't let anyone see that, who knows what will happen if anyone sees it. And when will your parents be home?” “They will be gone for a week, they are attending a ball in the capital, it was a royal ball. I was supposed to come with them but then I became sick.” Pie giggles, then they went to Pie's room, Pie showed Kim a loose wood panel on her flooring. Kim carefully opened it and examined it. “Well, it seems safe. Let's put in a box just to be sure.” Kim said as she placed the notebook in a wooden box that Pie used to keep her jewelry. She then placed the box inside the loose panel then covered it with the wood then later with the carpet.

2014

Kim? Kim can you hear me? Hello Kim?” Yam looked at her phone Kim where are you? Yam was very worried, Kim has been gone for two days and she has no idea where she is. She said she's in the 1914 version of the manor. What did she mean by that? Jeez kiddo.. Yam looked at her phone, the wallpaper was her and Kim, it made her smile. It was the day she graduated, I was the only one who came for her. She's a smart girl, but what if she's in trouble? Yam sighed as she walks through the hall way outside the Grand Dining Area, she passed through the ink blots that Kim made.

1914

Kim and Pie just finished eating their snacks. They were staying in the living room, its walls were all white and were decorated with paintings. The furnitures were all victorian, tall windows cover the left corner of the room. Sunlight punches through and it glistens the clear stones that hang from the chandelier in the middle. Kim found the old grand piano that she was assigned to restore after the arch. Pie went to the piano and sat on its chair, she opened the cover and starts to play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o Please open the link so that you can experience the mood of the setting} Kim was watching closely as Pie bathes in the afternoon sunlight, Kim felt a warm cozy feeling as the music plays, each note strikes a picture of Pie in her heart. This is where I belong, I'm home. Kim thought as Pie gracefully taps the piano keys, she found herself touching Pie's face and her hair. Pie stopped playing yet the music was still there, in Kim and Pie's minds. Kim was looking straight at Pie's eyes and their breathing was heavier, their hearts beating faster by the second, then Kim closed her eyes and her lips starts to reach for Pie's. Their lips were about to reach each other but Pie accidentally taps on a piano key. They both became conscious about what's happening, they were both warm and their cheeks red, Kim's hand withdrew from Pie's cheek and then she stood up, Kim went to the window and tried to recollect herself while Pie bites her lips and tries to breathe deeply, they both try to calm each other. There was an awkward silence, they both did not know what to say to each other. The silence was only broken when Mrs. Jean came with some news. “Miss Pie, I have news. Your parents will be coming home earlier, they will arrive the day after tomorrow.” Pie became nervous, then Kim interfered “Pie, we have no choice. We must tell Mrs. Jean our plan.” Pie agreed and Mrs. Jean agreed as well. Pie and Kim set aside the incident with the piano and focused on making Kim a man of their era, a man that can convince her father to hire her. Mrs. Later that evening, Kim walked on the balcony to get some fresh air, the moon was full and the breeze was cool. She then thought about what happened with the piano Clair de Lune. Kim whispered. Then Pie came to her side and takes a deep breath. “It was Claire de Lune, wasn't it?” Kim asked Pie with a hint of nervousness. “Yes, how did you know.?” Pie replied. “I heard my mother played that when I was young.” Kim smiled. “Pie, about.” Pie interrupted Kim. “Kim, let's just focus on convincing father to hire you and how to get you back to your own time.” Pie answered, she was shaking a bit. Kim nodded, she understood Pie's dilemma. Then Pie entered her room and lied on her bed, Kim was still in the balcony. What was that? I never felt anything like that before, and from a girl? I have a fiance, he is from a good family. But Kim, oh dear God, Kim. I barely know her yet it feels like I've known her my whole life, I feel like I'm home. The scene from the piano keeps playing over and over again in her head, she tried to forget it but she just ended up kissing Kim in her mind.

The scene keeps playing in Kim's head as well. What have I done? I wasn't thinking right, she's a girl. If it's taboo in my time, then like hell it's taboo here. Pie will get in trouble if I continue doing this, but I do feel something for her, it's like I've known her forever, I've felt it since I saw her photo in the room. Stupid Kim, there is no future for the both of you! This is no long distance relationship, we live in different eras, a hundred years apart. I wish, we could have lived in the same time.. Kim sighed and walked inside the room, she looks at Pie “Goodnight Princess.” Kim whispered, as she walks towards the couch. Goodnight, Prince. Pie thought to herself, though she would never allow the words slip through . The moon shines brightly, Kim and Pie closed their eyes with one music in their hearts.. Clair de Lune...

 

-- Here's the link for Clair de Lune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o

I do not own this video, credits to the owner.