Chapter 4: The Back to the Future Project

Somewhere in Time

It was Kim's second night in 1914, everything was still strange and confusing to her yet Pie's presence soothes her. They just finished eating their dinner and they were preparing for bed, Pie lied down on her bed while Kim lies down on the couch and Pie closes her lamp. Kim, covers herself with her blanket and Pie noticed this.

Pie: “Afraid of the dark?” Pie whispers.

Kim: “Uhm, not the dark but ghosts.”

Pie: “Kim, this is a new house and me and my family are the first ones to live here. There are no ghosts here.” Pie tries to comfort Kim.

Kim: “Y-y-yeah, thanks Pie.” Kim replies reluctantly.

Pie: “Future girl, you have all the knowledge and technology in the world yet you're still afraid of ghosts. Hehehehe.” Pie giggles. “I guess some things never change huh?”

Kim: “Yeah, I guess you're right. The unknown still frightens us humans.”

Pie: “So, are you afraid of what's happening now? Are you afraid of me?”

Kim: “I'm not really scared, I'm just confused by everything that's happening. You, no, I'm not afraid of you. I felt comfortable with you right away. How about you?”

Pie: “Curiosity is all that I felt when you came. And I felt comfortable with you right away too.” Pie wouldn't admit it to herself.

Kim: “You're curious about me? Hmmm..” Kim chuckles.

Pie: “Crazy!” Pie throws a pillow at Kim and pouts. “Let's sleep now. Good night!”

Kim: “Is this how people say goodnight in the past? Throw pillows? Hehe..” Kim looks at Pie and smiles “Goodnight princess, sweet dreams.” There she goes again, calling me princess and being sweet. Gosh Kim. Pie thought to herself and closed her eyes.

The morning sun greeted Pie with it's bright lights. Pie yawns and stretches her arms and looks out the window, her parents's car just left. Then she looks at Kim who is still sleeping. Lazy kid. Pie thought to herself. Pie then went to her bathroom to freshen up and walks towards Kim. “Hey Time Traveler, wake up!” Pie shook Kim as she slowly opens her eyes. “Morning Princess. You look so good in the morning” Kim smiled at Pie which made her blush and then Kim stretches her arms and legs and stood up close to Pie. Wow, she's tall. I didn't realize that with my shoes on. “My parents are gone, I guess we can investigate now. But I'll go first just to make sure.” Pie said as she opens her door. She went to the dining area and asked their servant if her parents left, they answered yes. Pie then hurriedly ran back to her room and opened the door, Kim has just finished fixing her bed. “Let's go.” Pie pulled Kim's arm towards the hallway where they bumped on each other. They stood there and looked around for any clues, everything seems to be in place.

Pie: “Kim, you said a bright light blinded you just before you bumped on me right?”

Kim: “Yeah, why?”

Pie: “Well, a bright light blinded me too just before you came.”

Kim: “Really? Hmm.. I've been thinking since last night, maybe there's a wormhole here that connects my time to your time. Was it storming the night I came?”

Pie: “Yes, there were thunders and lightnings. And right before you came, I heard two thunder claps then a third one when you bumped on me. And what is a wormhole?”

Kim: “It's the same with me. So I guess the storm must have opened the portals to my time and yours.” Kim scratching her head.

Pie: “What is a wormhole Kim?” Pie impatiently asked as she tugs on Kim's sleeves.

Kim: “Easy princess, a wormhole is a bridge between time and space, a bridge between worlds, in this case, our worlds. The storm must have triggered it to open and I was in, but why weren't you?” Kim looks at Pie, they were both confused.

Pie: “Why was I not in your time? Yes, I wonder that.”

Kim fell into deep thoughts Is it just a one way street? No, it can't be. The portals from both sides have to be open in order for me to cross, then maybe, just maybe, if another storm comes, I might be able to come back and take Pie with me.

I make them good girls go, I make them good girls go bad, I made them good girls go, good girls go baaad.” Kim was surprised to hear her ringtone, Pie was surprised as well. Kim took out her phone and answered it. Pie watched curiously.

Kim: “Y-y-yam?! Hello!”

Yam: “Kim! What the hell? Where are you? Mr. Sukrap is really about to blow, you just disappeared.” Yam's tone slowly changes “I-I- I.. we were worried about you.”

Kim: “I don't know how to explain this to you, but I'm in the manor right now, in the 1914 version of the Mindara Manor.” Wow, good reception here huh.

Yam: “What are you talking about? Kim come back here now, I can't cover for you forever. Mr. Sukrap will fire you.”

Kim: “I can't Yam, I don't know how. Thing is, I'm in 1914. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. Yam? Yam can you here me? Hello?” No network connection “Damn it! I lost her. But that means the wormhole is still open. May be just not big enough for a person to cross.”

Pie: “Who was that? Did you just get a call from the future?”

Kim: “Yeah, I just did. It was Yam, my friend. I don't know how it happened but I guess there really is a wormhole here. Let's mark this area.” Kim searches her pockets for markers and she found none. “Pie, do you have any paint or anything we could use to mark this spot and a ruler.”

Pie: “I got just the thing. Wait here.” Pie ran back to her room and grabbed her ink bottle and a wooden ruler. “Here.” She handed the materials to Kim. Kim then marked the floor with small ink blots, she marked them every 12 inches until it reached the wall, then at the wall, she placed a larger blot. “There, a first step to our Back to the Future Project.” Kim smiled and Pie ran back to her room, she came back with a brown leather notebook and wrote:

Back to the Future Project

by Pie Mindara and Kim Jittaleela

Day 1, 8th of August 1914

Kim received a call from the future, from a woman named Yam at 8:45 am in the hall way to the Grand Dining Area.

Pie smiled, “Here Kim, so that we can keep track of our progress.” Kim was very impressed with Pie, she puts her phone in silent mode then puts it in her pocket and asked Pie to eat breakfast.

While eating:

Pie: “So Kim, you make good girls go bad?” Pie grins at Kim

Kim: “Huh? What?” Kim asked confused.

Pie: “When Yam called, your phone was saying I make them good girls go bad” *Pie singing it the way she heard it.

Kim: Crap, she understands english? Oh that, it was just a ringtone. I don't mean anything by it.”

Pie: “Nice choice of ringtone, huh. So you'll make me go bad?” Pie gave Kim a seductive look, Kim almost choked, she drank a glass of water.

Kim: “No, gosh Pie. It was just a catchy song.” Kim still choking and her face turning red.

Pie: “Hehehe! You should have seen your face! What's with you Kim? I was just kidding!” Pie laughs hysterically as Kim pouts. Then Kim stood up, she leaned forward on Pie and gave her the I make them good girls go bad look and smiles. Pie's heart beats triple time as Kim moves her face closer to Pie, their lips just an inch apart. Pie was breathing heavily then suddenly Kim backs away and laughed hard at Pie. “So, still want me to make you bad?” Kim giggles while Pie was burning red. She then punched Kim on the stomach. “Crazy! Just eat Future girl!” Pie pouts, she was still trying to control her breathing and heart beat. Silly Kim, she really got me.Stop it heart! Kim's a girl and you're getting married.But she's just too adorable especially when she blushes and panic, and that look, my heart almost fell. Waaah! Pie, stop it! Stop!

Fate moved its second piece and Time is cooperating, Past and Future entangled in the Present.