Chapter 8: Little Ms. Jealousy: Pie

Somewhere in Time

After their lunch, Mr. Mindara asked Mrs. Jean to show Kim to her quarters, Pie on the other hand wanted to talk to Kim as soon as possible to clear things out. She wanted to tell her that she did not want to marry Van and that it was all her father's idea, then it hit her. Why should I explain it to her? It's not like I owe her any explanation. And I can't fall for her... again, her! She's a girl. No more fooling around with Kim. “This is your room Kim, oh, by the way, from now on call me Aunt In.” Mrs. Jean smiled at Kim as she handed Kim's clothes to her. “You are my nephew after all.” Aunt In gave an implying wink to Kim. “Alright, Aunt In.” Kim smiled at Aunt In and thanked her. Kim placed her red t-shirt, jeans and black chucks under her mattress, while Aunt In puts her new clothes in the closet. Kim then thought about her arrival in the manor in 2014, it was the same exact room that Mr. Sukrap assigned her to stay in. So, this is meant to be room after all huh?

 

After her lunch with her parents, and their discussion about her wedding, Pie was really exhausted. She did not want to marry Van yet she had no choice, and she was also battling herself about Kim. Maybe I should give Van a chance. Pie thought. She walked towards the living room and found Kim standing against the wall and staring at the window. “Kim.” Pie called onto her. Kim turned her head and greeted Pie. “Hello, Ms. Pie.” “Hey, we're the only ones here, there's no need to be so polite.” Pie jerked at Kim. “So, I guess everything went well?” Pie leaned on the wall next to Kim. “Yeah, everything went well. Congratulations by the way.” Kim said coldly. “Thanks.” Pie replied coldly as well. “By the way, I received another call from Yam today. It seems that she found our notebook.” Pie's eyes widened. “How? Where?” Pie asked. “I don't know either. I have this weird idea, maybe I could communicate with Yam through the notebook.” Kim suddenly became excited and Pie starts to pout. “Is that even possible? And can you trust this friend of yours?” Kim looked at Pie with curiosity and answered. “Of course, I've known Yam since high school. She's a true friend, she was the only one who was there for me when everything fell apart.” “What do you mean when everything fell apart?” Pie's eyes suddenly gleamed with curiosity. “It's a long story. By the way, Yam said she'd send me information about when the next storm is coming, hopefully my battery will last long enough for me to receive it. Heck, I hope I will receive it.” Kim looked at her phone , the wall paper is the same with Yam's, it was her college graduation. Kim was wearing her black graduation gown, she was raising her diploma in her one hand and the other was wrapped around Yam's shoulders, while Yam was giving a double thumbs up sign. Yeah, she was the only one who came. Kim thought as Pie sneaks a peek. Is that Yam? She's pretty, and why is Kim's arm around her? Is she her.. How should I call her? Her lover? Ugh, why do I even bother with these things. I said no more fooling around. Pie's forehead creases and she clenched her fists while Kim's thoughts float someplace else. It was a very awkward moment, then Kim looked at the grand piano and stared at it for a while. Pie noticed this and thought Is she still thinking about Clair de Lune? “Pie? Are you here?” Pie's thoughts were disturbed by a familiar voice, she turned her head and found Jane walking towards them.

 

Hello Pie! It's nice to see you again.” Jane yelled as she rushed towards Pie and gave her a hug. “Pie, who's the handsome gentleman there? Is he your fiance?” Jane curiously whispered. “What handsome gentleman? Him? No, he's my new bodyguard. He's Kim Jittaleela.” Pie annoyingly answered. “Good afternoon, miss.” Kim politely greeted Jane. “Oh, no need for any formalities. You can call me Jane.” Jane was immediately struct with Kim's charms, she was giggling and blushing and Pie notices it, she pulls Jane to the hallway and left Kim. “Hey, wait Pie. Ow! What's the hurry?” Jane complained. “He's my bodyguard Jane and you're a lady of a prominent family.” Pie tried to reason out. “So what Pie? Seriously, can't you see his face? It might be bruised but still very handsome. And he does not look like a bodyguard. He looks like a perfect gentleman.” Jane replied eagerly, Pie is starting to get really mad. “What ever Jane. What are you doing here anyway?” Pie tries to change the topic. “There have been revolutions near our estate, we can hear the gunfires and fighting. Then one night, some armed men climbed our wall and tried to rob our house. Father had them shot, he was furious. He said that he'd clear things out in the estate while me and mother stay here for the mean time. He sent word to your father, I guess it did not reach him.” Then Mr. Mindara came with Jane's mother. “Pie, they will staying here for a while until Mr. Tongborisuth fix the security issues in their estate.” Pie and Jane's fathers have been friends since they were young, if one of them were born a man, they will surely be married but alas, they were both girls. “Mr. Jittaleela, please help Ms. Tongborisuth with their luggage, your aunt will show you to their rooms.” Mr. Mindara commanded. “Yes sir.” Kim replied and grabbed the luggages on the floor while Aunt In guides her to their room. “Pie, it's best you show our guests to their rooms.” Mr. Mindara added. Pie nodded and asked Jane and her mother to follow her. Aunt In opened the room next to Kim “Ms. Jane, this will be your room.” Kim unloaded Jane's luggage on the floor and then on the next door, she unloaded her mother's luggage. “Would you care for some refreshments, Ms. Pie?” Aunt In asked. “Yes. Please bring them to the garden, we'll be staying there.” Pie replied. “Pie dear, I would like to take a bath first, please excuse me. Jane, go on with Pie.” Jane's mother said. The three of them went to garden and Jane started to ask Kim some  questions and starts to cling to her, it made Pie very uncomfortable and though she refuses to admit it, it made her feel jealous. Stupid Kim, why is she letting Jane cling to her like that. Pie crossed her arms and frowned while she watched Kim and Jane giggle and talk.

 

2014

Yam has just finished her work with grand piano, she volunteered to restore it since Kim is still not back. She went to her room and opened her laptop and internet router, she immediately searched for any storm that has occurred in 1914. She found the storm that raged the manor when Kim travelled back in time, the she found out that there will be three major storms that will occur in the next two months. Yam wrote it down then she starts to type again, this time she typed “Time Travel”. Yam read the about the theories of traveling back and forward in time, and she also read that in most theories, a time machine is needed in order to time travel. “Kim never mentioned that she travelled by a time machine.” Yam thought to herself and it made her very confused. She read and researched more but it provoked more questions than give her answers. She checked the leather notebook if Kim added something but it was untouched. Yam took her phone and composed her message for Kim:

Kim, 3 major storms will hit the country in August and the next two months. The first is on Aug. 28, the next is on Sept. 21 and the last is on Oct. 24. Please be prepared, I hope you will receive this and if you do, please write on the notebook, I hope to hear from you soon. These all seem crazy Kim, I miss you, come back soon, take care teenager.”

Yam went to the hallway near the Grand Dining Area, she looked for the inkblot and opened her phone and sends the message to Kim. She took a deep breath and prayed that Kim will receive her message.

 

1914

Later that evening, Kim went to the Wormhole, she checked if there were any people around before she takes out her phone from her pocket. She checked it and found one new message from Yam, she read it and she was very happy with the message. She slid her phone back to her pocket and knocked on Pie's door. “What are you doing here? Why are you not with Jane?” Pie sarcastically asked. “Huh? What? Anyway, she's asleep and I need to borrow the notebook. I need to add today's events and I also received a message from Yam.” Kim replied, Pie lets Kim inside her room and locked the door. “So, what did she say?” Pie asked. Kim took out her phone and showed Yam's message to Pie. I miss you? Come back soon, take care teenager? Who does she think she is? First Jane now Yam? Oh Pie, just stop with these silly thoughts. “Look, she said when the next storms are coming.” Kim showed her that and Pie just nodded. Kim took a pen from Pie's desk, when she was about to write, Pie pulled Kim's sleeve. “Kim, I'm really tired. Can you just do that in your room instead?” Pie spoke with a hint of sadness. “Alright, I'm sorry to disturb you Pie. Goodnight.” Kim stood up and walked out the room, while Pie curled up in her bed. I don't want to fall for Kim but I don't want her with someone else. I'm sorry Kim, I just can't. Pie forced herself to sleep while tears start to fall from her eyes.