Chapter 10: Romeo and Juliet II

Somewhere in Time

Kim and Pie kissed passionately and held each other close, Kim's arm were around Pie's waist while Pie's arms were around Kim's neck. As their lips part, the warmth of their bodies stayed, their eyes opened and locked on each other. They were both in a state of happiness and disbelief, no one spoke, both were just looking at each other, their arms still wrapped on their bodies. Everything was silent, it is as if they were in a world of their own. Then Pie starts to smile, her face started to show relief and calmness. “I guess there's no denying it.” Pie said as she lays her head on Kim, she could hear her heart beat and feel her breathing. “I love you Pie.” Kim whispered, Pie looks at her, lifts her head from her chest. “Kim, I don't know what will happen after this. As you know, I'm still engaged with Van. And Kim, we still live in different worlds, in different times. I'm not really sure if there's a future for us.” Pie then lifts her hand and feels Kim's cheek. “But I know I want to be with you. I feel it.” Pie slowly grabs Kim's hand and placed it on her left chest. Kim could feel Pie's fast heartbeat, both their faces start to turn red. “I'm just afraid Kim. For the first time, nothing in my life is certain anymore. This was not planned, but I'm happy this happened.” Kim then gave Pie a reassuring smile. “You said before, I was brought here for a reason, I'm pretty sure this is it. I've loved you even before I met you. I've travelled a hundred years to meet you Pie, I don't think that is coincidence.” Kim caressed Pie's cheek and brushed her hair behind her ear. “I won't let a little engagement and a hundred year difference get in our way, princess.” Kim pecked on Pie's cheek and helped her stand up, Pie can't help herself but to smile and hug Kim. “Hey princess, we need to wake up early tomorrow.” Kim rubs Pie's back and kissed her hair. Then they walked back to their rooms, before they go in their separate rooms, Pie looked around and pulled Kim's arm and gave her a peck on the lips. “Goodnight, prince.” Pie winked at Kim. “Goodnight, princess.” Their hands slowly lets go and they both went inside their rooms. They both forced themselves to sleep, what happened that night kept their energy levels high.

 

It was daybreak, Kim was already awake and loading their things in the car. Van was also there but he was speaking with Mr. Mindara, Pie was still in her room with Jane and Aunt In. Before their departure, Kim sneaks heads back to the manor, she knocks on Pie's door. “Good morning Ms. Pie.” Kim greeted Pie. “Good morning Kim. What do you need?” Kim was about to speak when “Hi Kim! Good morning!” Jane greeted her with much excitement, Kim just smiled awkwardly and greeted her back. “May I speak with Mr. Jittaleela privately?” Pie said. Aunt In and Jane left the room and Pie closed the door. Kim then hurriedly hugs Pie and gave her a peck on the lips. “Crazy..” Pie smiles tightens her hug on Kim. Then Kim takes out a cloth bag. “Pie, can I hide these here?” Kim brought her things and their notebook. Pie nods, Kim lifted the wooden panel and puts in the clothes and the notebook then she fixed and returned it back. Kim hugged and kissed Pie again. “Don't let Jane cling on you again. You hear me?” Pie pouts and narrows her eyes on Kim. “Yes, my princess. I wouldn't allow her to cling on me.” Kim gives Pie a peck, the both smiled and fixed themselves then went to the front yard of the manor. Van hired a driver for them, he sat on the front passenger seat while Jane, Pie and Kim sits at the back. Pie sits between Kim and Jane.

 

After three hours long, they arrived in the city. The streets were filled with people, cars and carriages, there were many stores on each side of the street. After a few blocks, they arrived at the hotel. It was the most well known hotel of its time, it was very luxurious and the people that stayed there were not from ordinary backgrounds. “As you can see my dear, I spared no expense on this trip.” Van boasted and Pie feigned a smile. What an arrogant creep. I can afford hotels fancier than this, heck I can even buy this in my own time if I never did that. Kim thought.

A bell boy helped them with their luggage and showed them to their rooms. They were on the 18th floor, Van, Pie and Jane's rooms were adjacent to each other while Kim's room was just across their rooms. “We can rest and change our clothes before we proceed the restaurant for lunch. The play will start at 7:00 this evening, the theatre is just a few blocks from here.” Then Van hugs Pie, it caught her off guard. “Isn't this romantic, Pie?” Van tries to snuggle her but Pie removes his arms around her. “Let's rest first?” Then she went inside her room Kim was furious, her hands curled into fist, then she calmed herself and went inside her room, she was very annoyed that Van did that to Pie and that is paying for her stay, she hated it. She took off her tie and coat, she opened three buttons of her white shirt, and then opens the faucet of the bathtub then she lies on the pillow and closes her eyes.

 

Then there was a knock on her door. She opened it and found Jane outside. “What is it Ms. Jane?” Kim hesitantly asks. “I'm just wondering if your room is alright. Are you bored? Do you need some company?” Jane was very excited. “Uhm, thank you for your concern, miss. I'm doing fine here, and I don't think I will be needing company in the bathroom.” Kim replied. Jane's face was filled with disappointment. “I'll see you in lunch then, miss?” Kim tries to cheer her up and it worked. Jane smiled and nods then proceeds back to her room. Kim closes the door and checked on the tub, it was almost full so she closed the faucet. She opened her entire shirt and when she was about to remove it, there was another knock on the door. She closed her shirt and proceeds to open the door. Oh Jane.. Kim was surprised when she opened her door, it was Pie. She was holding a set of black tuxedo, she went inside and Kim closed the door. “What is that for?” Kim asked. “For the play of course.” Pie replied as she placed the tux on the bed, she then turns back on Kim and hugged her. “You looked surprised, prince.” “Oh, I thought it was Jane. She came over just before you.” Pie's eyes narrowed. “H-hey! I didn't let her in. I swear!” “Alright. I believe you.” Pie then sits on the bed. “Van thinks he's such a romantic rich lover boy.” Kim blurted out. Pie grins. “Why do you say that?” Pie was smiling, this is the first time she'd seen Kim jealous. “Sparing no expense on this trip, I can buy this hotel any time I want. And what's so romantic about two teenagers killing themselves because of miscommunication?” Pie just looks at Kim with amazement and smiles. “So, they died?” Pie teases Kim. “Oh, you didn't know? I'm sorry for spoiling it. I didn't mean to. Damn..” Kim looked at Pie with much regret. “Hehe, I'm just kidding Kim! I know, I've read it.” Pie laughs at Kim. “By the way, what did you mean you can buy this hotel huh? Is your father a rich business man or royalty?” Pie teased Kim but her questions hit her hard. “Actually, both. Yes.” Pie was in disbelief with was she heard. “So, why are you working as a restoration architect then?” Pie curiously asked. “The thing is, I was sort of disowned by my father.” Kim sits next to Pie, she was hesitant to tell her story. “It's alright Kim.” Pie rubs Kim's back. “My father is one of the bastard sons of the current crown prince of Thailand. He is the largest contractor in the country, he also owns a construction company and a number of hotels and resorts. Even being a bastard, he still has the perks of being royal, of course except being in line to the throne.” Pie's eyes widened, it was took her a long time to process what Kim just told her. “Pie, lets talk about this later. We need to get ready for lunch.” Pie nods and kisses Kim, she noticed that Kim was not very comfortable talking about her family. “I'll see you at lunch, Kim.” Pie just realized that Kim was sent back to time not just to save her, but for her to save Kim as well.