Chapter 22: Fake IDs

Somewhere in Time

After a couple of days of staying in the hospital, the doctors finally allowed Pie to be discharged. They will be staying in the Mindara Manor for the mean time before they go back to Bangkok, where Kim and Yam live. Pie scanned the surroundings as she exits the hospital door, she looked at her old hometown and she could not recognize it. Kim then escorted Pie to her black pick up truck which was driven by Yam. Even the automobiles look different. This is my hometown yet I cannot recognize it, a lot has changed for the past 100 years. On their way back to the manor, Kim received a call. “Hey.. what? You're already there? Okay.. Yep, we're on our way, give us 15 mins.” Then Yam looked at the rear view mirror. “So, you're friend is here?” Yam asked sarcastically. “Hey, hey.. She's your friend too. Play nice Yam, we need her help.” Kim replied. Pie was so busy looking at window for any place that she might recognize, and then she found Puey's shop. It was still in its old place though the shop itself looked brand new. And after a few minutes, she saw it. The ten foot walls and gates of the Mindara Manor, her home, the place she grew up in. It looked as beautiful as it did a hundred years ago yet it felt different. As soon as her foot stepped on the stone tiled floor of the yard, chills went up her spine and her skin pops goosebumps. She stared at her old home, thinking about the parents she left behind. She looked from left to right, everything was the same, except for some minor alterations. On the far right of the estate, Pie saw a young man standing beside a dark green automobile. He was looking their way and she wondered who this person was. Kim called this man to come to them and Yam suddenly grunts.

Kim: “Buddy! Welcome! Thanks for coming in on short notice.” Kim hugs the man.

Man: “Sure, anything for you pal. So, where's the girl?”

Kim: “Here.” Kim presents Pie. “This is Pie Mindara, my.. uhm.. uhmm.. gi-gi..” Kim stutters.

Yam: “Girlfriend.” Yam suddenly barges in.

Kim: “Yeah, my girlfriend. Pie, this is Zee, she is our friend and she will help us.” Zee reaches out her hand to shake Pie's hand.

Zee: “Nice to meet you miss.” Zee smiled at Pie. “Good work Kim! She's hot, does she have a sister? A cousin perhaps?” Zee jested while Pie blushes. Wow, another tom like Kim. So, are there many toms in this era? She looks more manly than Kim though.

Yam: “Shut up Zee, you're embarrassing Kim and Pie. Just do your job.” Yam raised her brow on Zee.

Zee: “Nice to see you too Yam. Missed me?” she grinned at Yam and winks at her.

Yam: “You wish! Still spending nights in jail?” She countered.

Zee: “Still in the friendzone?” Yam looked at Zee with much disgust and walked away. “Yam, wait! Sorry, I didn't mean to..”

Kim: “Really dude? You knew? Anyway, come on, just apologize to her later. We need to work on Pie's IDs Asap.”

They all went inside the manor. They were greeted by Mike and Bai. “Hello Miss Pie! I'm Baifern and this is my brother Mike. You can just call me Bai. Anyways, this may sound weird, but we are the current owner of your manor.” Pie looked at them closely and asked. “Nice to meet you. Please, call me Pie. You own the manor? Are you, relatives of mine? Descendants of my father and mother?” Pie curiously asked. “Uhm, no Pie. We are Van Yupanun's descendants. I think he bought this manor from your father.” Mike answered. “Van? Really? So, who was his wife? Who did he marry?” “Jane Tongborisuth, do you know her?” Bai replied. “REALLY?” Both Kim and Pie answered, they both smiled. “So, I guess you both know her. Anyway, Miss Pie, or Pie. You can stay in your old room. Kim's room will just be across you just like back in 1914.” “WAIT!” Zee suddenly exclaimed. “Oh, sorry Bai and Mike. This is my friend Zee, the one I told you about. She'll be staying with us for just a couple of nights till we finish Pie's IDs.” Zee then suddenly looked at all of them. “What the hell are you all talking about? Her mother and father's descendants? Kim's room is across her room in this house just like in 1914? As in nineteen effin fourteen?! What's up man?” Zee looked at Kim with much confusion. “You heard it right dude. 1914. Pie, she's from 1914, we time travelled together. She'll be staying here, I'll explain all the details later but for now, we need your help. We need IDs, documents and records of her.” Kim explained. “Dude, what the hell are you smoking? Time travel, that's some science fiction movie man. Seriously, you can just say you don't want to tell the truth, I'm cool with it, just don't lie to me man.” Zee rolled her eyes on Kim. “I'm not lying man. She really is from 1914.” Kim explained. “It is true. I am from 1914. I was born on August 7, 1893.” Pie tried to back Kim up. “Uh, uh.. I don't think so.” Zee crossed her arms, still refusing to believe them. “Right, come with me pal. I'll educate you.” Kim dragged Zee Pie's room and there, she showed her Pie's photo and their old notebook. “Here, take a look. This is legit man, you should know. You fake things for a living.” Zee examined the photo and the notebook for a while. “So, will you help us?” Kim asked. “Alright man, I believe you, and I will help you. I take that you want my mouth shut as well?” Kim nods. “Okay pal. Help me with my stuff.” Kim helped Zee unload her equipment from her car, they ate snacks and then right after that, Zee sets up her computer and printers in her room. And then Zee sets up a small studio for her Pie's photos.

 

Pie asked Kim to stay in her room for the time being, she was afraid in this new world. Although it is her home, she felt like a stranger to it. Pie held the photo frame, where she was smiling and examined it. “You know Kim, this is the only photo where I smiled. And it's all because of you.” Kim hugged Pie from behind and kissed her cheek. “I'm so glad I found that photo, it led me to you. After all these, we'll go to Bangkok and I'll take you on a 21st century date. But for now, I need you to take another photo, alright? I know you're uncomfortable with this but we need to. If you will stay here you will need IDs and documents, that's how it works here, Pie. So, can you do it?” Kim kneeled and kissed Pie's fingers. “I'll do it Kim. As long as you're with me, I can smile in front of any camera.” Pie smiled sweetly at Kim. “There's my brave princess. Just smile like that, alright?” Kim hugged Pie. “Pie, I'm glad you're here with me now. We can start a new life, you can live with me in my apartment. I can send you to school so that you can also have career that you want. I love you Pie, l'll take good care of you, I promise.” Oh Kim, I'm happy as well but I cannot stay. Mother and father need me back there. I can't just leave them. This is what I want, but they are my family. I can't just leave them behind without anyone taking care of them. I'm so sorry Kim. I just don't know how to tell you. Pie could not say anything except.. “I love you Kim, no matter what happens, I love you with all my heart. Please remember that.” Kim looked deep into Pie's eyes, caressed her cheek and then kissed her. Pie's arms reached for Kim's neck and then she pulled herself closer to Kim. Kim's hand starts to wander on Pie's back as she kissed her more passionately. Knock! Knock! The knocking on the door broke their kiss. “Buddy, we're ready.” Zee said. “Okay!” Kim replied. She kept Pie in her arms, she looked at her face. Her skin like porcelain, her cheeks were blushing and her lips were cherry red from their kissing, she brushed Pie's curly hair back on her ears and kissed her lips deeply again, but only quick. “We'll continue this later. Let's get your fake IDs for now, alright?” Pie nods. “Kim, what did you mean when you said I was your girlfriend?” Pie held onto Kim's arm. “Girlfriend is a sort of term used for a girl who is in a relationship. Like a wife, but not married, so instead, we call it girlfriend. If a man is in a relationship with someone and is not married, then he is a boyfriend. Do you understand?” Kim caressed Pie's cheek. “Yes. So Kim, does that mean you are my girlfriend?” Pie curiously asked. Kim smiled at her and pinched Pie's nose playfully, she cannot help but feel all mushy inside when Pie called her her girlfriend. “Yes, I am your girlfriend and you are my girlfriend.” They both blushed and smiled.

 

In the studio room, Zee prepared a white background surrounded by lamps and lights, she also prepared her DSLR camera for the shoot. On the side, there was her laptop and speakers. Kim brought some clothes that she borrowed from Bai to use in the photo shoot. Mike and Yam was there as well to watch. “Okay guys, let's start.” Zee said as pressed the play button on her laptop, cue in “My Girl” song. { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZh7nRw6gl8 }

 

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.

 

Pie first started to post for ID pictures, she was glowing because of Kim's kiss earlier.


I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

I've got so much honey the bees envy me.
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees.

Well, I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

 

Then she started posing for Facebook photos, and then Zee asked Kim to come in and pose with Pie. They posed like the cute couples on Facebook, they were very playful. And then Mike, Yam and Bai joined in, they were playful as well, posing wacky and funny. Then Zee joined in the fun.

Hey hey hey
Hey hey hey
Ooooh.

I don't need no money, fortune or fame.
I've got all the riches, baby, one man can claim.

Well, I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
With my girl.
I've even got the month of May
With my girl
Talkin' 'bout
Talkin' 'bout
Talkin' 'bout
My girl
Ooooh
My girl
As long as I can talk about my girl...

 

They finished at around 8pm, then they made a Facebook account for Pie and posted the photos they took that afternoon. Then on the album of her and Kim's photos, Pie suggested to name it “My Girl.”