Chapter 6: Knight in Shining Armor

Somewhere in Time

Pie took Mrs. Jean and Kim to the town for shopping, they rode a carriage driven by their chauffeur. The town was very lively, there were many stalls that sell all kinds of goods, children were running around and playing.

Kim: “Pie, are you sure this is alright? It's really embarrassing, I don't have money.”

Pie: “Yes Kim, don't worry about it. You can return the favor when we go back to your home.” Pie smiled at Kim as the chauffeur stops the carriage in front of the clothing store. Kim got out first and then assisted Pie and Mrs. Jean. “Ms. Pie, Mrs. Jean, I will take back the carriage for some repairs. The wheels were damaged by the broken road. I'll be back in a few hours.” The chauffeur said, Pie nodded and the carriage left.


 

They entered the store and they were immediately greeted by the store owner. “Ms. Mindara! What a pleasant surprise, you're becoming more beautiful every time I see you.” The store owner was an acquaintance of Pie, he was the same age they were, his wall tall with a slender built. “Hello again Puey! It's nice to see you again.” Pie greeted Puey. “Puey, do you remember Mrs. Jean, my nanny?” Puey nodded and greeted Mrs. Jean. “Puey, this is Mr. Kim Jittallela, he's actually buying some clothes today.” Kim greeted Puey and smiled. “Hello. What can I do for you today?” Puey asked Kim. “Well, I'm not really sure. Hehe.. I just need to look very presentable. I'm actually applying for a job in Ms. Mindara's house.” Kim replied. “Actually, he's Mrs. Jean's nephew from abroad. He just came here the other day. You know what father likes Puey, do your magic.” Pie winks at Kim and Puey and starts to browse the clothes hanging around the store. Puey then starts to take shirts, trousers, coats and ties and starts matching them on Kim, he measures Kim's body with a tape measure. Omigod, he might find out, chest in! Chest in Kim! Kim thought to herself as Puey measures her chest then shoulders. Puey raised his eyebrow, “Mr. Jittallela, you have a very slender built.” “Uhm, I don't really eat much. Hehe.” Kim answered nervously. Puey nodded, “Here, you can try these on. We have a fitting room. You can come out when you're ready.” Puey handed a set of clothes on Kim. After a few minutes, Kim came out wearing a charcoal gray suit with a white shirt inside matched with a black tie and black leather shoes. “How is it?” Kim asked everyone. Pie was in awe. Wow. She would actually pass for a gentleman. “Mr. Jittaleela, are you really just applying for a job? You look like a gentleman if I may say so myeslef.” Puey commented. “So, Ms. Mindara, what do you think? Ms. Mindara?” Pie was still in trance with Kim, suddenly someone shook her shoulder. “Ms. Pie, my nephew looks handsome right?” Mrs. Jean looked at Pie. “Y-yes. It's perfect. We'll take it.” Pie came back to her senses. Kim went back to the fitting room and took off the new clothes, and put on the old clothes back. Puey wrapped the new clothes in paper bag and added another set. “Mr. Puey, we'll only take one.” Kim said. “Oh, this one's on the house. I liked they way you wore it, think of it as a gift.” Puey handed the paper bags to Kim “Thank you, you're too kind.” Kim bowed and went to Pie. “Thanks Pie.” Kim whispered. Pie smiled at Kim and nodded. They went out to the street and strolled around, they bought many trinkets. Pie bought a scarf for her and Mrs. Jean, hours have passed and they were tire, they decided to rest in the park and sit on a bench under a tree. “Let's go back to Puey's store after we rest, the chauffeur might be waiting for us.” Kim said as she placed the paper bags on the bench and stretched her arms. It was very quiet, the chirping of the birds fill their ears with music, the park was a bit secluded from the busy streets of the town.


 

Suddenly, a group of three drunk men came from the other side of street. Kim noticed it. “Pie, Mrs. Jean, it's time to go.” Kim whispered. They all stood up and started to walk towards the exit. Suddenly, someone grabbed Pie's hand, she winced in pain. “Hey! Let go of my hand!” Pie shouted. The man was laughing and without warning, a fist hits his face hard like a sledge hammer, his hand lets go of Pie. It was Kim, she grabbed Pie's hand and ran but Mrs. Jean fell behind, Kim lets go of Pie and heads back for Mrs. Jean while Pie runs towards the streets for help. Suddenly, one man grabbed her by the arms and the man she punched walks towards her, the other man was holding Mrs. Jean. The man she punched grinned. “Skinny boy, you dare to hit me? Don't you know I am?” His hands curled to a fist. “Nope, stinky.” Kim answered jokingly. Then the man hits Kim on her stomach, Kim almost threw up but she just laughed. Kim then steps her heel on the man's foot and gave him a headbutt on the chin. He lets go of Kim so she ran towards the man who's holding Mrs. Jean and gave him a punch on the neck, the man chokes and lets go of Mrs. Jean, Kim grabbed her but when she turned, the man she punched was in front of her with a fist heading for her cheek. She tried to evade it but it still caught a part of her cheek, she fell on the ground with her head spinning. Mrs. Jean grabs Kim and tries to help her stand but the man slapped her causing her to fall. Kim, still trying to regain her senses sees the man walking towards her, in her instinct, she kicked the man's knee and broke it. The man fell and squealed in pain, Kim tries to stand up but her head was still spinning. Pie finally came back with the police and cuffed the three men.

Kim: “I told you, I can fight.” Kim's head was still spinning, the punch bruised her cheek and her lips were bleeding, she was also holding her stomach which was bruised. “How are you? How's Mrs. Jean?”

Pie: “Silly boy! You should have just called for help. Look at you, you're bleeding. Don't worry about me, I'm fine, Mrs. Jean is fine too.. thanks to you Kim.” Pie brushed Kim's cheek and examines her injuries.

Kim: “You hit way harder Pie. Hehe..” Kim joked as Pie puts Kim's arm around her neck while Mrs. Jean picks up the paper bags. One police officer offers them a ride back and they accepted. “You did good back there boy, those thugs were notorious. It's a good thing the ladies here have you with them.” The police officer commented as he helps Pie carry Kim. Then, their chauffeur came. “What happened?” The chauffeur was shocked. “Sir, let's get them home first. We can talk later. Let me you.” Kim's head was still spinning while they were in the carriage, Pie notices it and lets Kim rest her head on Pie's shoulder. Silly Prince. Pie thought as she caressed Kim's cheek.


 

When they arrived in the manor, the police officer bid farewell and left. Kim was feeling better though her body was still in pain. They immediately went to Pie's room, Mrs. Jean grabbed a basin of water and some cotton and alcohol. “Let me do it, I'm fine now.” Kim insisted. “No, Kim. Just sit still.” Pie insisted as well while she was tugging at Kim's shirt. Mrs. Jean noticed the tension between them and excused herself. “Kim, just let me do it. Don't be such a hard headed child.” Pie scolded Kim. “Yes ma'am.” Kim just agreed. Pie wiped Kim's face with wet cloth first, Kim stared at Pie which made Pie a bit conscious so she proceeds to clean Kim's knuckles, they were bleeding as well. You must have hit them so hard to make your hands bleed. Pie thought. Then she cleaned them with alcohol and wrapped them with bandage. Then she proceeds to Kim's stomach, she slowly s Kim's shirt and by the time she reached Kim's chest, she saw Kim's binders then she became conscious again. “I guess it's better if I clean that part.” Kim was blushing and Pie as well. Kim buttoned her shirt again, she grabs the wet cloth and wiped her face with it, then she pressed it hard on her cheek. “Are you alright?” Pie asked, still blushing. “Don't worry princess, I'm fine.” Kim smiled and removed the cloth, as she bends down to place the cloth on the basin, Pie kissed Kim on her other cheek. Pie's lips were soft, gentle and sweet. Pie then parts her lips form Kim's cheek “Thanks Kim..” Pie smiled and hurriedly ran out of her room. Kim was dumbfounded, it took a few seconds for her to register what was happening. She just stood still and touched the cheek that Pie kissed, her face up to her neck were all red and warm, her heart beating fast, pumping through her chest. Kim smiled OH YEAH! She thought to herself as she punched her fist through the air. Meanwhile, Pie was sitting on the piano, pressing random keys, her cheeks were cherry red. She was smiling as she her lips, a sweet taste filled her senses. Thank you Prince..