Chapter 31: Our Love History II: A Married Life

Somewhere in Time

2016

“Happy Anniversary!” Pie was awakened in the middle of the night by her ever busy wife. She could not help but smile at her. Kim was holding a chocolate cake studded with pink hearts and a pink candle. “Hey, Princess. Thought I'd forget about our first anniversary didn't you?” Kim was grinning like a little kid but Pie could not help but notice the dark circles around Kim's eyes. “Oh, it's our anniversary? I must have forgotten that I'm married. I don't see my wife around so much.” Pie jested. “I'm so sorry Pie, things have been really really crazy at work lately. People are panicking and I've been jumping from one place to another just to meet up with clients. I'll make it up to you, I promise.” Kim held Pie's hands and looked at them. “Kim, look at yourself. You've lost weight since you took over your father's company, you barely eat and sleep. You get home very late and leave early in the morning. The only time I see you is when I wake up in the middle of the night and find you asleep in your suit.” Pie sighed. “Something needs to be done, I'm worried about your health and frankly, I miss my wife.” Kim's eyes turned to meet Pie's. “I know Pie.” Suddenly, Pie took Kim's briefcase and rummages it. “Kim, where's your phone?” Pie held out her hand and Kim searches her pocket. She handed Pie her phone and Pie stated to fiddle with it and made a phone call. Yes. Pie has mastered the mobile phone.

 

Hello Mary, it's me, Pie. I'm sorry for calling you this late. Mary, Kim will not be going to work tomorrow. She's sick and the doctors advised her to take a rest for at least three days. Please cancel all her appointments and offer them our sincerest apologies, please tell them Kim will be back on Monday. Thanks, Mary. Yes, I will tell Kim. Goodnight.”

 

Kim's jaw dropped, she was frozen. “Kim, you need to rest and we need to spend more time together. Three days of rest will not hurt and you own the company! You're the boss, it's not like they can scold you. Besides, someone here might forget she's married since her wife is not giving her the proper attention she needs.” Pie swiped the icing with her index, it seductively and winked at Kim. Kim took a big gulp and composed herself. “Your wife's ignoring you? She must be very stupid to ignore a beautiful woman like you. Such a shame you married her.” Kim swiped icing from the cake as well, looked at it then gave Pie her “I make them good girls go bad” look. The tides have turned and now. Pie took a deep swallow, she could feel her hear beat faster and faster. I can't believe Kim still has this effect on me, I mean we're married! She's making me feel like a school girl sitting in front of her crush! Yes, crush. I learned that word from Zee. Kim was moving in closer as Pie shies away.

 

Tug! Tug!

Tug! Tug!

Tug! Tug!

 

Pie closed her and surrendered herself. Swipe! Pie could feel something sticky and wet on her nose, she opened her eyes and found the icing on her nose and Kim trying to contain her laugh. She cleaned her nose with the tissue and swiped icing on Kim's face as well. Now this time, Pie was laughing hysterically. Then Kim took a swipe from the icing again. “Hey Kim! Stop! Stay right there, or else. or.. or..” Pie was moving away from Kim, her arms raised up as shields. “CAAAAKE FIIIIGHT!!!” Kim yelled and moved in to swipe a large portion of icing on Pie, the petite girl retaliated and swiped a much larger portion and swiped it on Kim, then started to tickle her. Kim used her superior strength and pushed Pie down on her back, she was still chuckling, then she looked on her wife's face. How she missed that beautiful face, those smiley eyes and soft lips. She carefully lowered herself, reaching for those sweet-soft lips as Pie raised her arms and wrapped them around Kim's neck, pulling her closer until their lips met.

 

The morning sun found the two lovers covered by a blanket. Pie woke up first and found the mess they made last night. She looked at Kim's face and caressed it with her hand. Finally. I missed you so much. “I smell cake...” Kim murmured. “Mornin, Pie.” Kim opened her eyes and looked at Pie. “Good morning Kim. Happy Anniversary.” Pie smiled and stood up. “Hey, where are you going?” Kim raised her head, following Pie's movement. “Getting your present.” Pie pulled a red box with a golden ribbon and gave it to Kim. “Wow.. What's this, Pie?” Kim's eyes were focused on the red box. “Open it.” Pie replied. Kim unties the golden ribbon and opened the box. She pulled out an old leather notebook. Yes. It is their Back to the Future Project Notebook that Zee accidentally ruined. It has been stitched together, thick with new pages. When Kim opened it, her eyes widened at the sight of the contents. All their previous entries were there and there were new ones as well. The newest entries were their wedding and honeymoon. The photo that Kim found hidden between the covers of the notebook (the wedding photo of Kim and Pie) was there, except this one was the newly printed, not the hundred year old one. Another was during their honeymoon when Zee took a photo of them walking on the beach with the sky painted by the orange light of the setting sun. “I figured, since we already started documenting our adventures back in 1914, why not continue it? I remembered what the photographer at our wedding said; 'No matter how good or bad a moment is, it can only happen once.' “ Pie said as she watched Kim turn the pages. Kim gave Pie a soft smile. “Thank you Pie. I love it, I love everything about it. You're right, we only live once, let's live the right way.” Kim stood up and picked up her cellphone and walked towards the balcony and spoke with someone. Pie felt a bit annoyed at what Kim did, she crossed her arms and gave Kim a death glare. “Pie, ready your things, we're going on a trip. It's been a long time since we really went on a decent date and it's our anniversary as well. Besides, our notebook has a lot of blank pages that needs to be filled.” Kim smirked at her wife. Pie could not help but flash her sweetest smile and jump on Kim.

 

Krabi Beach, Railay Bay Resort

Kim and Pie stayed in the private cottage where in they have the entire area just for themselves. Both were tired from an entire day spent swimming on the beach and touring the island. The afternoon winds blew in as the sun slowly bids its farewell. Kim puts on Billie Holiday's playlist. Billie Holiday became Pie's favorite singer when she listened to one of her songs from youtube. Yes, she knows youtube now. The first song is “I'll be seeing you”, Pie's favorite song.

 

The couple took a sit on the balcony, watching the sunset, their arms linked with each other. “I wish it could be like this all the time.” Kim broke the silence. “Me as well, Kim. But I do understand why you need to do the things you do. Marriage is not all fun and games. We barely see each other this past year and we had some bad fights.” Pie replied. “I'm sorry about those fights Pie.” Kim gave a sigh. “Pie, after all that happened in our first year of marriage, after everything, do you regret marrying me? Leaving your family and coming with me to the future?” Kim gave Pie a serious look. “No Kim! Why are you asking me this? Of course not. I know our relationship is not perfect but I would never trade it for anything else. Never.” Pie cupped Kim's face. Finally, Kim smirked and kissed Pie's forehead. Kim stood up and pulled Pie, danced to the tune of the classic jazz and Billie Holiday's serene voice.

 

Please play this: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l44_n60QQ8)

2065

The rain keeps on pouring, she her vintage record player. She went back to the piano and took the second photograph. It was her and her wife, walking on the beach and bathing on the sunset. She cannot help but remember how cool the afternoon winds were, the salty taste of air and the warmth of her wife's hand. How she missed those days, how she missed her. Thunder crackled a second time.

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day and through

In that small cafe
The park across the way
The children's carousel
The chestnut trees, the wishing well

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

 

“I'll see you soon.” She whispered.