9

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

The next morning as the sunlight fell on the two sleeping beauties, Zelo began to stir. His eyes fluttered as he awoke. He had slept so peacefully in the bed, it was so plush and comfortable. When he was in his old home, he would have to share a single bed with Jong Up and DaeHyun, it was uncomfortable but they never complained. Sleeping in this bed with Yong Guk's warm body behind him gave him a sense of comfort that he had never known. He grinned as he savored the moment and without thinking he stretched, he forgot about his injuries and cried out in pain. The noise woke up Yong Guk who shot up in alarm.

 

“Zelo-ah, what is it!!” He cried, inspecting the boy. Zelo had tears in his eyes and was shaking from the pain.

 

“I-I tried to stretch and pulled some sk-skinn. Uuhh.” He moaned and Yong Guk, pulled the cover's back.

 

“Where” he asked, his voice was full of concern.

 

“Here” Zelo motioned to his chest.

 

Yong Guk inspected the bandage and noted a tinge of red showing thru.

 

“I will call for our doctor to come, it looks like something has torn and you are bleeding a little.” He ran his warm hand over Zelo's chest to see if there were any other new injuries. Seeing none, he grabbed his phone to call their private doctor and also to let his father know.

 

“He will be here very shortly, he lives very close to us. How are you feeling. Can I get you anything at all?” Yong Guk asked.

 

Zelo nodded as tears continued to stream down his face. “Maybe a n-new body?” He managed a small smile and Yong Guk took a few seconds to realize what Zelo just requested.

 

“A body, Ok I'll call.....wait. A Body!?” He began to laugh and wiped at his eyes. “Ah, that was funny.”

 

Zelo giggled softly. “I'm gl-glad you li-liked it”

 

“I really cannot stand to see you in pain like this, I wish I could take it away” Yong Guk looked sad and Zelo grabbed his hand.

 

“Don-Don't be sad.” He paused to take a breath. “Pl-please.”

 

Yong Guk felt tears rim his eyes and he quickly wiped them away. Someone knocked on the door and Yong Guk went to open it. There stood his father, and the doctor, they both rushed in.

 

“Yong Guk, how is he?” His father asked as he gazed at Zelo.

 

“In pain, he tried to stretch and pulled some skin” He flinched as he remembered the way Zelo cried out.

 

The doctor walked over to Zelo and sat down his medical bag.

 

“Where are you hurting?” He asked softly.

 

Zelo pointed to his chest and the doctor carefully inspected the area.

 

“I will give you some pain medicine and then change your bandage. You should be fine after wards, just be careful” He smiled warmly at Zelo.

 

Zelo nodded.  The doctor put on his gloves and then took out a syringe and filled it with a clear liquid.

 

“I will need to give you this pain medicine before I change your bandage, so you won't be in any pain”

 

Zelo nodded again.

 

The doctor then prepped Zelo by wiping his arm with an alcohol wipe. Yong Guk and his father watched quietly.

 

“Ok, I will give the shot now” the doctor advised and Zelo paled.

 

“Wait, I-I” He faltered and began to cry again.

 

Yong Guk rushed to his side. “Zelo-ah, please tell me what's wrong” He gently rubbed the top of Zelo's head.

 

Zelo buried his face in Yong Guk's side.  “I'm scared” came the muffled reply.

 

 “I will be here by your side.” Yong Guk took Zelo's other hand and gave it a squeeze.

 

Zelo brought his face out and blinked up at Yong Guk, he smiled and nodded to the doctor to continue.

 

The doctor administered the shot and then they both helped Zelo sit up so he could remove the old bandage.

 

Zelo gasped and panted and his face was all scrunched up in pain, Yong Guk helped his as gently as possible and held his hands while the Dr. removed the bandages. As the bandage peeled away, Yong Guk prepared himself, this would be his first glimpse of Zelo's injury.

The Dr. carefully peeled the bandage away and Yong Guk fought the urge to break down completely, his heart was aching as he gazed down as Zelo's injured body came into view.

The skin was an angry red color, raw and Yong Guk could see area's where Zelo's skin was completely gone, there was nothing there to cover his raw nerves that were exposed. He looked at the bandage and realized that there was skin attatched to it.  Yong Guk could not stand to see it and the tears poured over his cheeks.

 

With each painful gasp that Zelo emitted as the bandage pulled at his skin, Yong Guk would wince and just hold him. That was all he could do, hold him. Yong Guk's mind suddenly had an image of Zelo in the burning house as the fire rained down upon him, he could hear Zelo crying, perhaps calling for him?

The house was full of smoke and he could see Zelo on the ground his hand was trapped under the burning debris and it was painful, so painful. The flames at his delicate skin, scorching him and creating scars. Where was I? He thought dazedly. His head reeled and he fought the urge to vomit. Where was I? I was not there for him, I should have been there.

Zelo glanced over at Yong Guk and fought to focus on him thru his pain. He saw a pained and hurt look on Yong Guk's face and feared that the older was in some kind of physical pain.

 

“H-Hyung?” He wheezed. “Are y-you....ok?”

 

Yong Guk's eyes flew open and pushed himself closer to Zelo.

 

“Neh, I'm fine” he lied quickly. He wiped at his eyes and forced a small smile.

 

Zelo shook his head. “I kn-know you are not tell-telling....” A pause “...the truth”

 

He took a few deep breathes to steady himself, the pain was unbearable, even though he received pain medicine, he still felt every nerve that was exposed.

 

He looked over to Yong Guk again. “Don-don't be sad.” Suddenly Zelo's eyes rolled back and he gasped, his body went slack and he became limp in Yong Guk's arms.

 

Yong Guk stared at Zelo in disbelief. What is happening!!

 

“Zelo-ah!!” He screamed.

 

“Zelo-aaaahhh!!”

 

He looked helplessly at the Dr. “Do something!!!” His deep voice boomed.

 

The Dr. took his hand and felt Zelo's pulse, he sighed in relief.

 

“He is Ok” He said reassuringly to Yong Guk. “He just passed out from the pain”

 

“My baby” Yong Guk whispered. “My baby”

 

The Dr. finished dressing Zelo's wounds and the two laid him down to sleep.

 

“He just needs to rest, I will come back in 3 days to change his dressing. He is healing nicely. There won't be many scars.”

 

The Dr. removed his gloves and turned to Yong Guk's father.  Yong Guk's father came and stood next to his son and the Dr.

 

“Thank you Dr. Please just charge it to my account” He bowed and the Dr. bowed back to him and Yong Guk and left.

 

Yong Guk's father gazed at his son. Yong Guk was staring at Zelo and running his hand lovingly over the boys soft face.

 

“You really care for him?” His father asked quietly.

 

Yong Guk looked up at his father and nodded. “I do, very much so”

 

Yong Guk's father smiled “I am happy for you. I don't care that he is poor. I love how you have changed. You are not the same, this boy has changed you. You two are fated.” He smiled at Yong Guk again and Yong Guk nodded.

 

“I agree father” He looked down at Zelo again.

 

“I agree”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:::::

Woooooooo!   How is everyone enjoying the fic so far????  I have seen sooo many awesome, positive comments and it really gives me the drive to write this story.  Thank for you patiently waiting while my minds cranks out more chapters, I don't want to rush.  I want it to be perfect for you guys.  Once again THANK YOU for the uplifting comments and subs ^.^