16

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

 The smell of a delicious meal wafted thru the main house and the servants were busy preparing the dining hall for the 6 bodies that would soon occupy the remaining empty seats. Mr. and Mrs. Choi were already seated, sipping mango smoothie's and chatting with Mr. and Mrs. Bang. Mr. Bang glanced at the doorway, but only more servants entered.

 

“Ah, where are the children, the servants called for them 20 minutes ago.” He glanced at his watch before returning his gaze to the door again.

 

Mr. Choi looked towards the door as well.

 

“Perhaps, I should go and check on them....” He began to stand but stopped when he felt his wife tug on his shirt.

 

DaeHyun and Young Jae were entering the hall. The parents watched as the boys greeted them and bowed made their way quickly to their seats. Mr. Choi noticed that Young Jae was walking a little funny and he silently questioned what it could mean. He then looked at his own son, and noticed a rather odd smile on the boy's face. He watched as his son placed his hand gently on the backside of the Bang boy and helped him sit. As he was deep in thought on this matter, Yong Guk and Zelo entered and Mr. Choi looked up and was a little shocked to see that Zelo had the same odd walk, as though he were sore. Well, he thought, it makes sense for Zelo to be walking abnormally, the boy was injured in a house fire and is now recovering, but why is Young Jae walking the same way? His eyes were drawn to the door as Him Chan and Jong Up entered and Mr. Choi's eyes went wide when he saw that Him Chan had the same unmistakable walk. Jong Up's face had a similar smile to DaeHyun's and Jong Up and Him Chan kept glancing at each other and smiling and blushing.

Mr. Choi frowned deeply, there was something going on and he planned to find out what it was after the meal was finished.

 

“Ah, finally,” Mr. Bangs voice interrupted Mr. Choi's thoughts. “How are you boy's feeling this morning?” He looked at Yong Guk.

 

"We are doing well appa, we apologize for our lateness." Yong Guk said, as he bowed again.

 

"Mmmm.  I am happy to hear that you are all doing well.  Why were you late today?"  His father asked, sipping his smoothie and watching him over the rim of the cup.

 

Yong Guk stilled.  "I am sorry to report that we were up late last night appa.  Watching movies, and playing games.  We were having so much fun, and we didn't realize how late it was.  We overslept and moved kind of sluggish this morning."  He bowed his head and waited.

 

He only told half of the truth, they were up late last night watching movies and playing games.  That part was true, but Yong Guk left out the personal affairs that went on after he and Zelo retired to Zelo's room.

 

"Mmmm" His father murmered, as he shifted his gaze to Him Chan.

 

"Why were you late today?" He asked, there was no suspicion or anger in his voice and Him Chan relaxed a bit.

 

"I am sorry as well abeoji, we were also up late last night.  We had so much fun and time flew by so fast."  Him Chan tried to look as innocent as possible.

 

"MmmmMMM"  His father nodded.  He turned to Young Jae.

 

"Up late as well?" He said as he raised his eyebrows.

 

Young Jae blushed slightly.  "Ne, abeoji." He answered in a soft voice.  "It became late so fast and we overslept this morning"

 

"mmmmMMMM"  Their father nodded and placed his cup on the table.  He became quiet

 

The boy's watched him for a few seconds and glanced at Mr. Choi from time to time.  Mr. Bang placed his hands on the table and looked up at his own son's and the Choi boys.

 

"I do expect a prompt and timely arrival to ALL meals, my son's are well aware of this and should know better."  He shot each of his son's a stern, fatherly look.

 

"In the future boy's, please make every effort possible to arrive on time.  Be aware of your surroundings, be alert and focused.  That is the way." He looked at each boy and they nodded to him and the Choi boy's nodded to their own father.

 

He then gestured for the servants, who were waiting nearby to begin serving.

 

"Now, we can begin eating." He smiled, as the food was brought to the table.

 

They were having green onion pancakes and ginseng chicken soup and the servant's brought each person a plate and bowl.  The food was placed before each person and they all began to dig in and eat.

 

Mr. Bang was trying to engage Mr. Choi in a conversation about his position as the VP, but Mr. Choi's eyes kept darting to the strange interaction between his sons and Mr. Bang's sons from earlier.

The secretive smiles, and shy glances. The never-ending blushing....What could it mean?

 

 “Mr. Choi!”

 

The boy's all glanced up, Mr. Bang was staring at Mr. Choi who looked rather embarrassed.

 

"I am sorry, so very sorry" The man bowed his head.  His face was bright red

 

Mr. Bang cleared his throat. “It seems like your thoughts are somewhere else this morning. I do hope that you will be more focused when you are on your job.” He stated gravelly, and Mr. Choi nodded. “Neh, I most certainly will” He glanced around nervously before quietly resuming eating.

 

Mr. Bang nodded. “Good, now we have several meeting's this morning and then you have one with...aahhh.” He consulted his calendar. “Ah...President Soo-Nim with Soo-Nim Industries, he is interested in buying into shares of the department store.”

 

Mr. Choi nodded and focused all his attention on Mr. Bang.  Everyone else, seeing that the issue....whatever it was, had been resolved, resumed eating.

 

DaeHyun glanced at his father and saw him watching him out of the corner of his eye and he blushed. He tried to appear nonchalant and eat his food, but the events of last night kept replaying in his head and he blushed and smiled. He saw his father frown and he looked down and tried to concentrate on his food.

He glanced up again and looked at Jong Up and Zelo and saw that they were sharing smiles and blushes with their counterparts. DaeHyun saw his father watching and he bit his bottom lip in concern. He remembered what his father had told him the previously, but it was just so hard. Young Jae was just so irresistable, he could not just simply hold Young Jae's hand. No...no that was not enough, he loved him deeply and he wanted to do so much more than hold his hand. It was a burning desire that DaeHyun felt like he could not ignore, but what to do about his brother's..they were openly flirting and did not see the looks that their father was giving them.  I must do something, he thought.

 

DaeHyun cleared his throat loudly.

 

“Ah, I am full, I cannot eat another bite.” He groaned as he pushed the plate away and dabbed his mouth with his napkin.

 

“Jong Up-ah, Zelo-ah, He looked at a startled Jong Up and Zelo who stared back at him quietly “We should get going, we don't want to be late.”

 

Jong Up's brows furrowed.  “Where are we going?” He asked as he looked at DaeHyun with a confused look on his face.

 

DaeHyun laughed nervously “We...ah...have...to...ah. Oh! Zelo's physical therapy is today. We don't want to be late.”

 

Yong Guk glanced at his watch. “The session is not for another hour....we have time.”  he shrugged and began to eat again, but then stopped.

 

DaeHyun had shot him a knowing look and Yong Guk seemed to understand that something was going on.

 

“But....ah.” He stood quickly,  “You know there is traffic and DaeHyun-ah is right. We don't want to be late.”

 

Zelo still looked confused “We don't?”  He asked as he blinked at Yong Guk.

 

“We don't.” Yong Guk said quickly.

 

He pushed his plate and Zelo's plate away and Zelo let out a small whimper.

 

“Bu-But I'm not done.” He whined cutely, as Yong Guk took his hand and began to lead him out, Zelo turned again and looked at his plate sadly. DaeHyun grabbed Young Jae's hand and bowed to their parents before he led the pouting boy out.

 

He shot Jong Up a look as he turned to leave and Jong Up reluctantly grabbed Him Chan's hand and they followed.

 

The walked in silence until they reached the living room and each boy took a seat. DaeHyun walked over the entrance and checked to see if the coast was clear, he then pulled the heavy door shut and turned to face the rest of the boys. Yong Guk stood with his arm's crossed, waiting for DaeHyun to explain. Young Jae sat on a chair, sulking. Him Chan and Jong Up were comforting each other over the loss of their meal and Zelo's eyes brimmed with tears as he thought about the delicious breakfast that was cut short.

 

“Well” Yong Guk's deep voice boomed, as he stared at DaeHyun.

 

The other boys all looked at Yong Guk and then DaeHyun.

 

DaeHyun ran his hands thru his hair and sighed “I'm sorry I had to cut breakfast short, but this could not wait.”

 

“What is it?” Yong Guk asked, he had went and sat next to Zelo and placed his arm around the boy.

DaeHyun paced for a few seconds.  “Our father has instructed us to limit our....affections to only holding hands...” He paused. “I saw him looking at me and Jong Up-ah and Zelo-ah during breakfast. We have to be more careful, we were flirting and blushing and smiling at each other and I didn't want him to figure out that um, we might have done more than that.” He blushed and looked down.

 

Him Chan jumped up. “What do you mean, might have done more than that” He looked at Young Jae. “What have you been doing with my innocent little brother” He cried out.

 

Young Jae scoffed “I'm not innocent, Him Chan-gu, calm down.”

 

“Yea, they have probably done no more than what we have.” Jong Up said casually and Him Chan shot him a look.

 

DaeHyun 's eyes narrowed “And just what have you been doing?” He asked Jong Up and the latter blushed madly.

 

“Mmmmm....nothing” He said quickly.

 

“I think we all have done something, because I sure noticed the funny walk that Him Chan and Young Jae had” Yong Guk's voice cut in, “If I noticed, then I'm sure your father noticed Zelo as well.”

 

Him Chan covered his ears. “I don't wanna hear anymore!!” He howled.

 

Yong Guk rolled his eyes at Him Chan.

 

“So if your father instructed you to hold hands only and he saw us behaving in a manner that would suggest another level of intimacy....then DaeHyun is right, we have to be careful”  Yong Guk looked at each boy.

 

“This way, he won't suspect anything. When we are around him, we must limit our affections."

 

There was a loud sigh as each boy, reluctantly faced the fact that it would have to be this way.