20

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

They arrived just a few minutes late for breakfast and bowed to everyone before sitting down.

Mr. Bang looked at his son.

 

“You are a little late today, not much but still late.” He tapped his fingers on the table top.

 

Yong Guk paled and bowed his head.

 

“I am sorry, appa. We were still in our pajamas when the maid came and informed us that we had 5 minutes to get ready. I sent word by her that we would be a little late.”

 

Mr. Bang huffed. “I did not say anything about you having 5 minutes....and,” He motioned to the head maid, “I did not receive any word of your being late.”

 

The head maid quickly made her way over and bent as Mr. Bang whispered in her ear. Her eyes went wide and she hurried off.

Yong Guk relaxed a little and breathed a silent sigh of relief, he glanced around and saw Mr. Choi looking at him. He acknowledged the older man and bowed his head. Mr. Choi frowned slightly and bowed back quickly before returning his attention back to his meal.

 

“Now that will be dealt with later,” Mr. Bang  murmured.

 

“Ah, Mr. Choi” Yong Guk's father called out, as he turned his attention to Mr. Choi. The older man turned.

 

“Shall we head off then?” He smiled broadly at the man and the man returned a rather strained smile.

 

“Yes, I am ready.” He turned to his son's. “I will see you boys later, arasso?” He embraced each one lovingly.

 

“Good bye appa, have a good day at work!' They all called.

 

He then embraced his wife, as Mr. Bang did the same with his wife.  They all waved goodbye as the men left for work.

The rest of the family finished their meal and when they finished they all walked into the hallway.  The two women looked at each other with knowing smiles.

 

“Mrs. Bang, shall we go and finish that “project” now hmmmm?” Mrs. Choi said, as she waved the woman over.

 

“Ah, ah yes, yes. Boys we will see you later. Ok” She hurried over and they giggled as they scurried out of the room.

 

The boys watched them go. “O...K?” Him Chan said slowly. “What the heck was that about?”

 

Zelo and Jong Up exchanged quick glances and smiled quickly at each other. Yong Guk saw the looks and made a mental note to ask Zelo later.

 

“Well, me and Jong Up have to go back to my room....we have a “project” of our own that we need to finish. Right Jonggie!?” He grinned and wiggled his eye brows at Jong Up, whose eyes crunched into crescents as he grinned and blushed.

 

“Oh, what kind of project?” Zelo asked innocently.

 

“A private one Zelo-ah” Yong Guk said quickly as he took the boys hand.

 

“We are heading off too. See you guys later” He flashed them a “peace sign” and led the way to a part of the main house that Zelo had not been to.

 

“Where are we going?” Zelo asked curiously as he looked around.  

 

Yong Guk was leading him to some stairs and he stopped at the foot of the stairs and turned to face Zelo.

 

“Since you are doing so well and you can walk so good, I want to take you to a part of the house I promised you would get to see one day.”

 

Zelo's face scrunched up as he tried to remember where this special place was, his face lit up as he figured it out and he grinned broadly at Yong Guk.

 

“Are we going.....!!??”

 

“Yep, Yong Guk grinned a huge bright gummy smile, “I want to take you to my room.” Yong Guk said proudly as he began to walk again.

 

Zelo was really happy to be going to Yong Guk's room. The place where he sleeps and listens to music, and just hangs out. The one place in the whole house that is Yong Guk's private place, a place where Yong Guk's unique personailty can be seen.  He would get to see all the cool things that Yong Guk has, and get to see just how amazing he is. He was so excited and it was very evident on his face.

They began to climb the stairs and Yong Guk went slow and kept his arm's around Zelo to make sure that he was OK.

 

“How are you doing? Is this too much? Do you want to turn around?” Yong Guk asked.

 

Zelo shook his head furiously, “Aniyo” He said quickly.

 

He climbed the stairs with a determined look on his face, there was no way he was going to miss this chance to see Yong Guk's room.

The reached the top and Zelo paused to take a breath, Yong Guk watched him and when he saw that the boy was ready, they set off again. They passed a door with an interesting collection of various types of black, gold and red colored music notes decorated across the door.

 

“Whose room is this?” Zelo asked, as he admired the door.

 

“Him Chan-ah's” Yong said. “We can come and see him later, I'm sure he's busy with Jong Up.”

 

Yong Guk continued on until they came to another room. This door had had been painted a sort of off white color and had been splattered with many different, shades and hues of paints. It was very bright and lively and very beautiful.

 

“Wow!” Zelo exclaimed. “It's really cool.”

 

“Yes, Young Jae painted this door himself.” Yong Guk said as he looked at the door. 

 

“Wow” Zelo breathed, he gave the door another glance as they continued on.

 

They came to the last door and Zelo stared.

The door was a beautiful cherry oak wood and had beautiful, intricate etching's on it. The etchings were dusted with a light reddish color and stood out beautifuly against the dark wood.  In the middle of the door was a gold intricate carving of the initials BYG. 

“Bang Yong Guk." Zelo read as he pointed to each letter. "This is really beautiful.” Zelo said, as he ran his hand against the smooth wood.

 

Yong Guk grinned from ear to ear, pleased that Zelo liked the door.

 

“If your door is this beautiful, I can't imagine what the inside looks like.”

 

Yong Guk grinned even bigger “Well, let's go in.”

 

He opened the door and led Zelo inside. The first thing that got Zelo's attention was the smell. It smelled like Yong Guk, a strong and fresh odor that when it passed thru Zelo's nose, made him smile a dreamy smile.

He looked down and saw that he was standing on a plush red carpet, it was so plush, his feet disappeared in the thick fabric. He squished his toes in the soft carpet fibers and giggled.
He looked up and took in the sight of the large room, it was so big! It was waaaay bigger than his old room, it was bigger than his living room in his old house, it was perhaps bigger than his old house! Ok not that big, but it was big!

 

He looked to his left and saw a large enclosed bookshelf along the wall, full of various books and also some pictures. Next to the bookshelf was a walkway.  Next to the walkway was a set of large dressers and a wardrobe closet box, as well as a beautiful antique looking piece of furniture. Next to these was another door, which probably led to a closet. It must have been a large closet because it was a double door. After the double door, Zelo saw a little nook that seemed to jut out from the room. It expanded outwards with a beautiful high ceiling that housed a gorgeous crystal chandelier.

 

The room had a low wooden table with plush pillow seats around it and a large heavy looking plush red blanket covering it in the middle.

 

"Oh!  What is that?!"  Zelo exclaimed, as he walked over and inspected the table.

 

"It's a kotatsu. It has a heater underneath." Yong Guk pointed.

 

Zelo lifted the blanket and inspected the heater.  "How cool!" He giggled.

 

"Me and my brother's like to come here and talk.  When it snows, it will be really nice because we can see the snow so perfectly thru the windows and the heater will keep us nice and warm." Yong Guk grinned.

 

Zelo giggled, "Oh, that sounds like so much fun."

 

He looked at the large cathedral like window that Yong Guk was referring to, it was so beautiful and he could imagine the view that they would have when the snow came.  He looked out the window and gasped. It was a beautiful view. He looked down and saw the pool directly below and when he looked up and scanned the horizon he could see the mountains beyond the tree line. He could also see a river that was cutting thru the forest.  

 

"I bet this will be beautiful when the snow comes" Zelo said, smiling at Yong Guk.  Yong Guk nodded in agreement.

 

There was a love seat in front of the window and end tables with beautiful vases on them was next to the love seat.  Zelo inspected the vases and then looked at the wall next to the nook with an area that was cut into it, creating some shelves. This area had many, many, many different types of a curious looking animal. It looked like a tiger to Zelo, but some were clothed and appeared to be able to walk upright. It had a large pink nose and small black eyes. He saw the words “Tigger” writted on a shirt of one of the stuffed animals. He smiled to himself, how cute, he thought.

 

There was also a beautiful display case that housed what appeared to be a very expensive looking necklace. It was so dazzling, as the light hit it, the prism that it created sparkled on the ceiling creating a dazzling rainbow of colors.

 

"What is this?" Zelo said in awe, looking at the necklace.

 

"This, Yong Guk said running his hand over the case "has been passed down thru many generations.  It is one of my families heirlooms that we were able to save.  We had some other's but they were taken and we have not recovered them yet.  This was given to my father from his father and given to him from his father. It is very old, and one of a kind.  It is priceless."

 

Zelo stared at the necklace a bit longer in amazement and then looked over at Yong Guks huge, and I do mean huge bed. Zelo's eyes went wide when he saw it. I mean really, his whole family would fit quite comfortably on that bed. I'll need a ladder to get on it, Zelo laughed to himself. He looked closer and saw he would indeed need to climb something to get onto the bed. It was as though the bed was on a platform that went around the entire bed. It really wasn't that high though. The bed was puffed up from the plush comforters that was on it. It had so many pillows on it that Zelo wondered how Yong Guk was even able to sleep in the bed. In the corner of the room, adjacent to the bed, was an eye popping entertainment center, which housed a home theater system and more Tiggers.  Zelo smiled as he remembered the name of the stuffed animal. Directly in front of the bed was a very impressive computer desk, with a really cool looking laptop on it. Zelo smiled as he saw more Tiggers, placed neatly on the desk.

 

The room was so neat, everything was placed meticulously in it's place. Nothing was out of order, the carpet underneath the large plush carpet still had vacuum lines in it and Zelo wondered when the last time Yong Guk was even in his room. He has been spending all his time in my room, sleeping with me every night. I guess the servants keep his room clean, so he does not have to worry about it getting dirty. I love him coming, but I wonder if misses his room?

 

“Go ahead” Yong Guk's deep voice startled Zelo from his thoughts “Take a look around some more.” Yong Guk motioned to the room and Zelo hesitantly began to explore the room more.

 

He went the bookshelf and inspected the books and then he walked down the walkway and opened the door at the end and gasped. It was the bathroom and man was it nice! So nice! The tile on the floor was a beautiful, shiney polished marble. The bathroom counters were a breath taking marble gray color with flakes of red. The handles of the sink was an exquiste polished bronze, as well as the handles on the bathroom cabinets. There were various bottles on the counter, all placed neatly. The shower was grand, it looked like it was a walk-in shower but there was a bench inside and Zelo noticed various buttons and dials on the outside.

 

“It doubles as a sauna.” He heard Yong Guk say over his shoulder and Zelo nodded in amazement.

 

“I will let you use it, it will be good for your body, while you are healing.”

 

Zelo smiled happily. “Wow!” He breathed, as looked around the bathroom some more, he noticed the same plush carpeting as in the bedroom. “It's so, so beautiful. So awesome” Yong Guk smiled, pleased that Zelo liked it.

 

Zelo walked out of the bathroom and inspected the dressers and wardrobe box and the antique looking furniture. The carvings on them were so cool. He placed his hands on the wardrobe box and then pulled away, embarrassed.

 

“It's Ok” Yong Guk reassured, as he pulled open the doors.  Inside, Zelo caught another dizzying whiff of Yong Guk's scent, and peered inside. There were various crisp looking suits, some were zipped up in thick plastic bags.  There were some winter coats and boots and some really nice looking ushanka hats. They were so much nicer than the ones Zelo was use to wearing.  He looked at the antique looking furniture and marveled at the exquisite detail.

 

“It's so beautiful.” He said in amazement. “What is it?”