27

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

Suddenly the warm body was gone and Young Jae's eyes flew open, his hand slapped at the bed behind him, but didn't feel anything. He shot up and turned around, the bed was still freshly made, there was no indication that any one had ever laid there. He looked around the room, but it was empty. Young Jae's lower lip began to tremble and tears rimmed his soft brown eyes. Dae, he thought sadly as he laid back on the bed and began to cry again. The feeling was so real, he could actually feel DaeHyun's strong hands holding him, comforting him, but it wasn't real. DaeHyun was still gone. He clutched at his heart as the pain of missing DaeHyun hit him hard again, he doubled over as tears spilled over cheeks.

 

As he cried, he focused all his thoughts on DaeHyun, he thought about the boys charming smile, lively eyes and those soft puffy lips. Picturing DaeHyun's face in his mind helped Young Jae to calm down and the pain to lessen slightly. It still hurt, but if he just thought about DaeHyun, even though he could not actually see him, it made the loneliness a little more bearable.

 

A gong sounded and Young Jae shot up from the bed. That was the breakfast gong. He hurried off the bed and stood to check himself in the mirror. He grimaced when he saw how red and puffy his eyes were.

He hurried into his bathroom to wash his face and apply some makeup. Their father did not like to see them looking sad around him, so they had to put on fake smiles like everything was OK.

He even tried to make them forget about the Choi's as quickly as possible. He got rid of anything that would possibly remind them of the Choi's, but memories were not a physical thing, they are an emotional, mental subconscious thought in your mind that can never be gotten rid of. So even though he removed all physical, personal items of the Choi's from the guesthouse, the memories were still there.

Young Jae took a deep breath and opened his door and stepped out and almost bumped into Him Chan.

 

Oh....excuse me,” Young Jae mumbled and bowed quickly and moved out of the way.

 

Him Chan shrugged slightly, “It's OK.” He fell into step beside his brother.

 

“How are you?” Him Chan asked.

 

Young Jae frowned, “Please don't ask, I just washed my face and applied makeup and I don't want appa to see me crying again.”

 

Sorry,” Him Chan murmured.

 

They reached the top of the stairs and heard the soft click of a door closing, they looked down the hall and saw Yong Guk walking towards them. He looked tired and worn out. There were dark circles around his eyes, as though he was not getting enough sleep.

 

Good morning,” Him Chan called out, as Yong Guk approached.

 

Yong Guk frowned slightly, “Good morning Him Chan,” His deep voice rumbled as he turned his attention to Young Jae, who avoided eye contact.

Young Jae felt the stare and bit his bottom lip, he forced his eyes up.

 

Good Morning Young Jae” Yong Guk said softly.

 

Young Jae nodded slightly and fidgeted with his shirt. “Good morning” He muttered back quietly.

 

Yong Guk cleared his throat, “Well....I'll see you guys at breakfast then” He turned and headed down the stairs.

 

You two should really make up, you should not treat your hyung like this.” Him Chan scolded as he watched Yong Guk go down the stairs.

 

Young Jae wiped at his eyes, “I blame him for DaeHyun leaving and I get so mad. I know I shouldn't but I just miss Dae so much.” He wiped his eyes more and sniffed.

 

It will get better, I miss Jong Up terribly, but we just have to stay strong and believe that it will get better.” He gave his young brother a reassuring hug and the two made their way down the stairs.

 

They entered the dining hall and walked towards the small table. The old, larger table had been taken away and a new smaller table had replaced it. This was done because the boys would often stare at the empty seats next to them and it drove their father crazy. Those sad, long faces. Honestly, how could they be so upset over this, didn't they see how they could not trust those boys?

So he ordered a smaller table for just the 5 of them, but the sad faces were still there. He became frustrated and told them that he didn't want to see them at the table with those faces anymore. So the boys had to put on the fake smiles so he wouldn't be mad anymore.

 

“Good morning, eomma and aboeji,” The two boys said as happily as they could, as they bowed and took their seats.

 

“Good morning” Their parents chorused.

 

“How are you boys this morning?” Their father asked evenly, as he motioned to the maids to begin serving.

 

Young Jae bristled silently. It was the same question every day. He was always checking to see if they were still sad about the Choi's leaving.

 

“I'm fine appa,” Yong Guk's deep voice boomed out.

 

“I'm doing good appa” Him Chan smiled.

 

“I'm Ok appa,” Young Jae managed a smile.

 

“Mmmmm” Their father murmured, “Good, good. I'm pleased to see your happy smiling faces this morning. Perhaps we can go for a ride on the horses after breakfast today....hmm?”

 

He smiled broadly and Young Jae fought the anger that was boiling in him. “That would be fun appa.” He heard himself say happily.

 

“Yea, yea...a lot of fun” Him Chan said with a little enthusiasm. His father eyed him and Him Chan straighten up in his chair.

 

Chung Do cleared his throat “Everyone is in agreement then?” He looked at each boy and they nodded, it's not like they had a choice anyway.

 

Chung Do smiled and they all began to eat.

The head butler suddenly entered and cleared his throat. They all stopped eating and looked up. “Excuse..Master Bang.....but there is a visitor.” The man said nervously.

 

“What...we are having breakfast now. Who would come during breakfast?” Chung Do said angrily.

 

The head butler fidgeted, “I tried to tell him, but he insisted that it was an urgent matter.”

 

Chung Do paused and leaned back in his chair. “Let him come in then,” he said thoughtfully.  The head butler disappeared around the corner.

 

“Who could come this early with an urgent matter. They could not call? They had to come to my home?” Chung Do wondered out loud.

 

“Are you expecting someone yeobo?” His wife asked.

 

“No no, I'm not expecting anyone” He answered, shaking his head.

 

They heard footsteps and they all looked towards the door as a tall man entered. He was dragging a young girl behind him and she walked with her head down. She looked embarrassed and very sad.

 

“Lee Sebum!” Chung Do exclaimed in surprise. What was he doing here?  

 

Lee Sebum bowed deeply and tugged at the arm of the young girl next to him and she bowed as well.

 

“He-Hello,” He said nervously to everyone, “I'm very sorry to come at this hour Bang Chung Do, but this was a matter that I felt was urgent.”

 

Chung Do stood. “Is there a problem at your store. Let's go to my office and we can talk there.”

 

Sebum held up his hand. “No, no....the store is fine. This is a matter that I think everyone should hear.”

 

Chung Do frowned, confused as to why this was a message for his whole family to hear.

 

Yong Guk looked at Mr. Lee and the girl standing next to him, her head was held down low and her hair was covering her face, he couldn't see her face clearly, but she still looked familiar.

 

“What is this important matter?” Chung Do said as he sat back down.

 

Sebum cleared his throat. “I'm afraid that I have some very upsetting news.”

 

Everyone was quiet as he continued.

“This is my youngest daughter Lee Hae Sonn.” The girl lifted her head and Yong Guk gasped.

 

She's one of our maids” He said out loud.

 

Sebum nodded, “I'm afraid that she had done something that has upset this household. She has made a foolish decision.” The man said angrily. He turned to his daughter.

 

Lee Hae Sonn.” He nodded for her to speak. Hae Sonn looked up at her father and began to cry.

 

Yong Guk stared at the girl waiting for her to speak. What could it be, He thought, she looks very upset.

The girls head was bent low and her shoulder's shook as she continued to just stand there and cry.

 

Lee Sebum!?” Chung Do shouted, his patience was gone “What is going on!”

 

I...I did it.” the girl said in a voice barely above a whisper.

 

Did what!? Just what is she talking about Lee Sebum!” Chung Do shouted.

 

I stole the necklace and hid it in Master Zelo's room!” She began to cry harder.

 

They all looked at her in stunned silence.

Wha-what” Chung Do stuttered as he rose from his seat.

 

She took the necklace....not Zelo? Yong Guk stared at the sobbing girl in shock.

Chung Do walked over to Sebum and Hae Sonn and stood directly in front of the crying girl.

 

“You-you took the necklace?” He said unbelieving.

 

The girl nodded and wiped her eyes. “I went into Master Yong Guk's room and took it. I placed it under Master Zelo's pillow so he would get blamed.”

 

Chung Do shook his head. This didn't make sense, what did this girl have against Zelo. Did she know him from the past as well?

 

“Why!!!???” Yong Guk shouted and all heads turned towards him. He had stood and was storming over to the girl and she took several fearful steps back.

 

“Why did you do that!!?? What did Zelo ever do to you to make you do such a horrible thing!!” He shouted at her.

 

The girl's facial expression changed and she glared angrily at Yong Guk. “He did nothing. It was you!” She spat.

 

“ME!?” Yong Guk shouted, stunned that the girl blamed him.

 

“I did it, so that you would hurt like you hurt my sister.” She cried out. “It was all your fault. You treated her so horribly.” She began to cry again and Yong Guk stared in stunned silence.

She is not making any sense, Yong Guk thought. She must be crazy.

 

“I have not treated anyone horribly, I would remember it.” He shouted.

 

You hurt Zelo......a thought drifted into his mind. Yong Guk frowned and pushed the thought away.

Three times.........Yong Guk told his mind to shut up. That is different because what happened with Zelo was a long time ago, maybe longer than when this girl is saying I did something to her sister. He thought to himself

 

“When did I hurt your sister?” He asked.

 

“It was right before you had to leave, right before you lost your money” She answered.

 

Yong Guk struggled to remember if he had done anything during that time, like what this girl is claiming, but he could not think of what she was referring to.

 

“I don't know what you are talking about,” He shook his head.

 

 

“I will tell you and you will remember.” The girl said angrily.

 

“Her name is Lee Eun Sil and she was at one of your parties. You were so mean to her at that party and she came home crying and told me all about it. She told me how she tried to invite you to one of our parties but you blew her off and made fun of her in front of your brothers. You all laughed at her. She really liked you, but, she is very shy, so it took a lot for her to come and speak to you”

 

The girl paused to regain her composure and wiped at her eyes.

 

She never got over that rejection and she became so depressed that we had to put her in a mental hospital. I was laughed at by my friends because my sister was in that hospital. I was so angry at you. I wanted revenge. I was planning how to get my revenge when you suddenly lost your money and disappeared. My appa lost his job. I blamed you for that as well. We lost our home and had to live with family on a smelly farm. All that time, I plotted how I would get back at you. Then appa came home one day and told me and eomma that you were found and he would get his old job back. I asked to apply as a maid at your house. I was looking to see how I could get back at you and when I saw how loving and happy you were with Master Zelo. I wanted to break that up. I wanted to wipe that gummy smile off of your face! I wanted you to hurt like you hurt my sister.....so I took the necklace and put in Master Zelo's room hoping that you would think he was a thief and make him leave and you would be alone again. My plan worked and I finally told my sister when I went to visit her in the hospital. I was very surprised when she reprimanded me. She did not agree with what I had done and she told appaaaaaaaa....” The girl began to cry again.

 

Everyone was absolutely shocked at this news.

 

Are you ing serious?” Yong Guk said quietly, his body shook with anger. “Do. You. Have. ANY idea what you have done!!” He exploded.

 

The girl jumped from the sound of his voice, she began to shake and cried even harder.

 

It was a very foolish decision! I am very sorry for the trouble she caused!” Sebum exclaimed and got down on his knees, pulling the crying girl with him. He bowed deeply, placing his head on the floor.

 

Get up....and leave.” Chung Do growled. “You are fired!” He shouted and Sebum lifted his head.

 

“Me?” He squeaked.

 

Both of you!!” Chung Do shouted. “I cannot have someone working for me who has such irresponsible children, who would do such a horrible thing. Get Out! Head butler, these two out of my home!”

 

Sebum stood sadly and turned, tugging harshly on the girls arm, she wailed loudly as her father dragged her from the room.

 

I am shocked, just shocked that she would do something like this. This is very upsetting, very upsetting.” Chung Do huffed angrily, as he watched his ex-employee and his idiot daughter leave.

 

Zelo didn't take the necklace” Yong Guk said quietly, looking at his father evenly.

 

His father stilled.

 

You were wrong. I was wrong. He didn't take the necklace and I didn't believe him. I believed he did take it.” Yong Guk shook his head sadly.

 

We a-all b-believed he was guilty” His father stuttered as he motioned to Him Chan, Young Jae and his wife.

 

Him Chan and Young Jae exchanged looks.

 

The proof was there, the necklace was found in his room. How could we not believe it!!” His father cried.

 

How could we believe it! How could I believe it!!” Yong Guk cried desperately, clutching at his heart.

 

“How could I believe that Zelo would steal from me? I love him so much, and I turned my back on him. I love him so much and I still didn't believe him.” Yong Guk said sadly, as tears rimmed his eyes.

 

People make mistakes, Yong Guk” Young Jae said sadly, “You made a mistake. You can still fix it.”

 

Yong Guk began to cry and his shoulder's shook “Zelo hates me, after all the things I said to him. I'm sure he hates me.” He sobbed loudly.

 

Love is stronger that hate, Yong Guk” His mother said softly “You must at least tell him that we have found out the truth. We cannot have Zelo thinking that we think he is still a thief. I could not bear it.” She said sadly.

 

Yong Guk nodded as the thought about what his mother said. It would be hard to live each day with Zelo bearing that pain that they thought he was a thief. Now they know the truth and he had to let Zelo know, even if Zelo hated him for how he didn't believe him about stealing, as least Zelo could go forward with a clear mind that he was not viewed as a thief by them any longer.  Yong Guk was not sure if he could face Zelo, but he had to.  He had to let Zelo know the truth.

 

I will go and talk to him.” Yong Guk stated firmly.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N::::::::::: Ok, so I've got myself together and I am getting this thing rolling again Woooo!!  So happy.  I love this fic so much, my feels just go nutz!  I hope ya'll are still loving it just as much as I am.  Thank you again for reading, subbing, commenting or just silently enjoying the story!!!