2

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

The next morning Yong Guk awoke and stretched his lean body under his plush comforter. The servants would be arriving soon and he was always awake before they arrived. He waited and in about 5 minutes his door flew open and 5 maids briskly walked in followed by his 5 personal female servants. The servants greeted him.

 

“Good Morning, Master Bang Yong Guk-ssi” they sang unhappily.

 

Yong Guk didn't care, he glared at each of them harshly.

 

“Shut up” he snapped “and get busy.”

 

They all began to prep the boy for the day, today he was to go horseback riding with his brother's and parents. While Yong Guk laid there, one of the servants peeled back the comforter and placed his plush slippers on his feet. She then held his legs and gently swung them off the bed onto the floor, before she did this though Yong Guk grabbed his swatter. It was a plastic tube that looked like a very small baseball bat. As the girl gently placed his feet on the floor, Yong Guk smacked her quickly on the top of her head.

 

“You moved my feet to fast, I could have been hurt or worse” He glared angrily. The girl began to bow and apologized, but Yong Guk waved her away, disgusted.

 

“Ah, you are no good, Go away, leave my room and my home, you are fired.”

 

The girls eyes shot up and tears rimmed her eyes, but she bowed again and quickly left the room. Yong Guk, satisfied, watched her leave, a smug smile on his face. The other servants glanced nervously at each other afraid to move, afraid to even touch the young master and possibly suffer a similar fate.

 

Yong Guk glared at them all and shouted “What is everyone waiting for, a ing invitation!  Get to work!"

 

They all bustled at once, one brought his toothbrush and toothpaste and began to gingerly brush his teeth. Another ran warm water and brought it into the room to wash his face after the 1st was done. Another began bringing out clothes for him to select to wear. The girl who was fired would have prepared his bath, but the girl who selected the clothes performed that task.

The other girl was massaging his shoulders and back. As this was going on, the maids busied themselves cleaning and polishing his room to a pristine shine. They sanitized and scrubbed and by the time the female personal servants were done they were done as well. They worked like a well oiled machine and as they all exited as one as the male servants entered to prepare the master for his shower and dressing.

Yong Guk did not at any point lift a finger, well except to swat a servant here and there. He complained and whined during the whole ordeal and would often refuse to do anthing except sit and sulk, and the servants would have to beg and plead with him to cooperate.

His brother's had went thru the same morning ritual and had arrived not to soon before Yong Guk, each looking extremely bored and put off.

 

“Well shall we?” their mother said cheerily and the group began their morning trek across their land. They rode their horses on the trails behind the house and the mother and father as usual ooh'd and aaah'd at the scenery. The boys stared straight ahead, expressionless and Yong Guk was making an attempt to flip thru his phone and hold onto the reins at the same time. His father seeing this, rode up to his oldest and snatched the phone away. Yong Guk glared at him and huffed and crossed his arms.

 

“Look around you my boys, look at this beautiful view.”

 

His father gestured with his hands at the vast expanse of wilderness in front of them. The boys only yawned and looked uninterested as they looked around.

 

“Aish!” The father exclaimed “You boys won't realize what you have until it's gone.”

 

At this, the boys broke out into hearty laughter and grasped their sides. As if that would ever happen!!  They all rolled their eyes. Their parents shook their heads and continued on as the trail circled around and they soon saw the house in sight. The horses instinctively knew where to go and the servants were on hand to lead them to the stable. Stools were placed at their sides and each family member used a servants hand as a step before landing softly on the stool and then the ground. They were lead into the house and seated at the table which was already set. Their mother and father sat at opposite ends and the boys sat sparingly in between them. Breakfast soon arrived and they began to eat quietly. The boys had their heads bowed concentrating on their plates. A silence filled the room, the only sound was the scraping of forks and chewing of food.

 

“So” their father cleared his throat, hastily wiping his face with his napkin “How is school Yong Guk-ah?”

 

The boys did not go to any public school, they each had private tutors that would come in Mon-fri for 5 hours. Everything they learned was advanced, they were currently studying foreign languages like English, Mandarin, and French for starters. The boys were very intellectual and excelled in all their studies.

 

“Fine.” he said shortly, continuing to eat, not looking up.

 

His father frowned at him and his mother rubbed her forehead.

 

“How about you, Him Chan-ah?” Chung Do asked, as he swiveled his head towards his next son.

 

Him Chan glanced up at his father, “Fine”, he said simply and went back to eating.

 

Their father, face beet red, turned hopefully to Young Jae.

 

“Young Jae-ah..?”  He questioned.

 

 “Fine.” came the soft reply and their father sighed deeply and looked tiredly at his wife.

 

She glanced at each boy before shaking her head and resumed eating.

 

“I'm finished and I will leave first.” Him Chan said and stood without another word and left the room.

 

Yong Guk was next to leave and then Young Jae. After they left, the mother and father shared a moment.

 

"What am I to do with those three?” he looked in the direction they had gone.

 

“Patience dear, they are actually showing some improvement”.

 

The boys were terrible when they were younger, they got everything they wanted which they would promptly destroy or toss away and then want the next newest thing. They cried and stomped until they got their way.

 

“Ah, yes, I always warn them, you never realize what you have until it's gone.”

 

The mother smiled softly. “Well, I am going now my beautiful buin” he gave her a light kiss on the cheek.

 

He held her hand as she rose and accompanied her into the living room and she waved him off as he got into the back of their car. How lucky we are she thought blissfully.

 

 

Young Jae first went to his room and finding nothing to do there, went to find Yong Guk. He found the older outside lounging by the pool, on his phone again.

 

“You are on that thing too much.” he scolded.

 

The older just scoffed and flipped faster.

 

“Im booored,” Young Jae whined pushing his soft lips into a pout," Can we go somewhere?”

 

He was not old enough to drive only Yong Guk was and he begged the older frequently to drive him somewhere, anywhere. Yong Guk ignored him as Him Chan came around the corner and smacked Yong Guk on the back of his head.

 

“Yah!” he yelled “I'm bored, let's go for a drive.” He stared at the older, arms crossed.

 

Yong Guk sighed and looked at them both, Him Chan looked cross and Young Jae had a huge grin on his face.

 

“Fine” he huffed and they set out. The climbed into Yong Guk's Ferrari and sped off. They had the top down and the wind whipped thru their hair. Ah, life was good. They were rich, riding in a fancy car and could do whatever they wanted. Young Jae leaned forward, elbows on the seat.

 

“I'm hungry.” he pouted “can we get something to eat?”

 

They stopped at a eatery and ordered and were soon on their way. Yong Guk just drove with no clear destination in sight and they soon found themselves near the poor side of town. As they approached a stop sign Him Chan caught sight of a tall, scrawny looking boy with dirty blond hair that hung limply over his eyes. The boy was going from car to car begging.

 

Him Chan made a face, “Ugh, so disgusting. If he got a ing job he would not have to beg, he must be at least 17.”

 

They stopped and Yong Guk smirked and glanced at his brother's. He pulled a 50,000 won from his wallet and held it out. He watched in his rearview mirror as the boy noticed the money and hesitated not believing his good fortune. Yong Guk watched as the boys face lit up and a huge grin broke out on his face and he eyed the bill hungrily. Yong Guk waved the bill and the boy hurried over smiling widely. He bowed and held out his hand and Yong Guk frowned deeply.

 

“What the do you want?” he said nastily.

 

The boy blinked. “huh?” his eyes wide, he shuffled his feet awkwardly, he was clearly confused.

 

He withdrew his hand and stood awkwardly.

 

Yong Guk laughed and Young Jae and Him Chan soon joined in. The boy looked very uncomfortable.

 

“Do you want this money?” Yong Guk spat out and the boy looked up uncertain and hopeful. “Neh, I need it for my family”

 

“I need it for my family.” Him Chan mocked and the boys laughed again.

 

“Ok, here take it.” Yong Guk said casually and held out the money.

 

The boys eyes went wide again and he stuck out his hand but before he could grab it Yong Guk revved the motor and the car lurched forward a few inches placing the money just out of reach. Yong Guk shook the money again and the boy took a few steps forward eyes on the money and again Yong Guk moved the car forward. The boy, not watching were he was going, stumbled and fell hitting his knees painfully on the ground, he winced and remained on the ground with his head down.

 

“Aw, did you fall down?” Young Jae called, getting out of the car.

 

He grabbed his drink from the car and walked over to the boy and stood over him with a nasty expression on his face.

 

“Maybe this will help.” and he poured the entire drink over the boy. The boy gasped at the sudden impact of the coldness on his skin and his head bowed even further. The brother's laughed hilariously and Young Jae jumped back into the car.

 

“Get some soap and you can take a bath.” Young Jae sneered.

 

The boy raised his head, a look of extreme sadness on his face, and eyed each of the boys as tears rimmed his brown eyes. He rose painfully to his feet and walked away quickly.

 

“Get a ing job, loser!!!” Him Chan yelled as they sped off still laughing.

 

 

The words rang in the young boy's ears as he made his way back home, empty handed. Loser. I'm not a loser he thought unhappily. As he walked, he passed dilapidated houses, some look like they were about to collapse any minute. He passed small children playing in the streets, many had no shoes on. The ground was dirty and littered with trash and other rubbish. There was an odor in the air, but the boy was used to it. He continued walking until he came to a very small forlorn looking house. He pushed the door open and stepped in.

Inside, the home consisted of only two rooms, the living room and off to the side was another door with lead to a very small bedroom. There was barely any furniture, only a wooden chair in a corner and a small table with dirty cushions around it. There was no TV and 2 small window's. The walls were dirty and the floor was made of wooded planks. The kitchen, if you could call it that, was small and there was no refrigerator, only a small hot pot and a small wash basin. No cabinets, but there was a small 3 level shelf pushed against the wall that held a few canned foods.

The boy sat down on one of the cusions at the table and finally let the tears come as he held his head in his hands. The door to the other room opened and another boy walked in, he was kind of short and skinny and had brown hair that needed a cut. He had small brown eyes that creased upwards on the sides and an angelic smile on his face. His smile stopped when he noticed the other boy. He rushed to his side concerned.

 

“Zelo-ah,” he asked gently, “What's wrong?”

 

Zelo completely broke down then and sobbed into his older brother's shirt. Zelo's brother held him as he began to calm down and recounted what happened “....and then they called me a loser and sped off Jong up-ah.” The boy finished sadly.

 

Jong up frowned and wished his little brother had not been subjected to such harsh treatment.

 

“Please don't cry Zelo-ah.” his brother whispered and ran a hand softly over his hair and the younger calmed down some more. It was at this moment that another boy entered holding a brown bag. He had short dirty brown hair and lively eyes and a cute little smile. His smile disappeared when he caught sight of his brothers.

 

“What's wrong?” he asked and Jong Up recounted what happened.

 

“Ah, Zelo-ah, I know what will make you feel better.” he grinned widely. “I have your favorite snack.”

 

Zelo looked up and smiled. “What is it DaeHyun-ah?”

 

The boy reached into the bag and brought out cherry tomatoes. Zelo's eyes became two perfect crescents as DaeHyun gave him the tomatoes.

 

“Where did you get these?” he breathed, staring at the snack as though he could not believe it.

 

“Ah, the grocer gave them to me, they were nearing expiration and he said I could have them.” the boy beamed proudly.

 

Zelo munched happily on the tomatoes and he forgot all about the mean boys and their flashy car.