24

3 Rich Brothers & 3 Poor Brothers(3 풍부한 형제 & 3 가난한 형제)

Yong Guk moved to the side of the bed and stared at the display case. Where is my necklace? He jumped off the bed and ran over to the case and tore the top off. The necklace was not there. Yong Guk looked around in a panic for the necklace, he checked around the display case and on the floor. It was not there. I didn't remove it, He thought to himself. It should be here. My grandfather gave that necklace to my father and then he bestowed it to me. That necklace had been passed down thru the family for many generations. It is very important to me, which is why he made sure to grab it and keep it safe when they lost their house but now it was gone. Yong Guk ran out of the room and down the hallway towards his father's office. He didn't knock on the door, he just flung it open and rushed inside. His father was seated at his desk and Mr. Choi was seated in front of him, both men quickly stood when Yong Guk rushed in.

 

Yong Guk...?” His father began to ask, but Yong Guk cut him off.

 

“Appa! Appa! My necklace is gone. I don't know where it is.” Yong Guk was crying and he showed his father the empty display case.

 

His father's eyes went wide when he saw the case. He came from around the desk and grabbed it from Yong Guk.

 

“Are you sure?” He asked as he inspected the case.

 

Yong Guk nodded and wiped tears from his eyes, “It's not there. I looked all around my room.”

 

His father frowned deeply, “When was the last time that you saw it?”

 

Yong Guk became silent as the thought about it, “It was earlier today, I was showing Zelo my room and I know it was there because he....” Yong Guk stopped and his face went pale.

 

His father peered at him and narrowed his eyes. “He what?” He asked slowly.

 

Yong Guk swallowed hard, his heart hammered in his chest. “He what!?” His father asked again, more louder.

 

Yong Guk swallowed hard again, “I mean...he was looking around at everything. I showed him my bathroom and my closet and my Tiggers.”

 

His father folded his arms across his chest. “Did he see your necklace?”

 

Yong Guk fidgeted, he didn't like where this was going. “Well...I mean yes, he saw everything appa.”

 

His father held up his hand to silence Yong Guk. “I think we should perform a search of the house. I think someone has taken it.” Yong Guk really didn't like where this was heading. “I am going to call the guards together and we are going to search everyone's room's until we find the necklace. If you just saw it earlier today, then the thief would still have it here. No one has left the house today.”

 

He strode over to his desk and lifted the receiver and dialed a number. “Yes, get the head guard on the line. Yes, someone has stolen a necklace from Yong Guk's room and I want a search of the house done immediately. Yes, it was the necklace in Yong Guk's room in the display case.”

 

He became silent as he listed to the head guard “Yes, that's the one. I want to start the search in......Zelo's room. I will meet you there.”

 

At the mention of Zelo's name, Mr. Choi jumped up from the chair and strode over to Yong Guk's father. Yong Guk's father tensed as the man approached. “Why are you searching my son's room?” He shouted.

 

Yong Guk's father crossed his arms, “We are searching all the rooms.” He said evenly. “Zelo's room will just be first.”

 

Mr. Choi frowned “My son is not a thief, I heard you talking. I heard you ask him...if Zelo saw the necklace.”

 

Mr. Choi pointed to Yong Guk. “Do you think my son took your necklace?” He asked, his face was bright red. Yong Guk opened his mouth to say something but his father cut in.

 

 There is only one way to find out.” Mr. Bang said as he walked towards the door.  Zelo's father grabbed a hold of Yong Guk's father arm and the man stopped and turned around.

 

My son is not a thief, the necklace is not there.” He said thru clenched teeth.

 

Yong Guk's father glanced down at the man's fingers that were digging into his arm and he slowly brought his eyes back up. “Well, then...you have nothing to worry about.”

 

He roughly shook the man's hand off of him and strode quickly out the door. “Yong Guk!” He called over his shoulder.

 

Yong Guk glanced helplessly at Mr. Choi and the man shot him a dark look as they both followed his father out the room. Yong Guk followed silently behind his father, he was very nervous. Why should I worry? He thought to himself. I know the necklace is not there....Zelo didn't take it. We will get there and we won't find it, but then we would have to figure out again who could be the thief. I really don't care, as long as it's not my baby. 

 

He glanced at Mr. Choi out of the corner of his eye, Mr. Choi looked furious as he followed and Yong Guk thought about the conversation they had earlier and his heart ached at the memory of what Mr. Choi told him. He didn't know that Zelo and his brother's cried when they left, he had no idea that they had made that much of an impact on their lives. Mr. Choi had to understand that he didn't fully understand what had happened between him and Zelo at that time, but now he did. Zelo was perfect for him, he had kind of saw it back then but he didn't really know it. His eyes were a bit clouded, but he can see it clearly now. He can see just how perfect Zelo is and his father would soon see too and then he and Zelo would be happy and put this whole mess behind them.

Him Chan was sitting in the living room when he saw the three men rush past, he jumped up and ran to catch up with them.

 

Yong Guk?” He whispered “What is going on?”

 

Yong Guk frowned, “My necklace is missing and appa is going to search thru everyone's rooms.”

 

Him Chan's eyes went wide “Your necklace that appa gave you?! That necklace is irreplaceable! It is priceless, there is only one in the world!”

 

It was in my room earlier when.....” Yong Guk paused “When I was showing Zelo around, and I just noticed it was missing, so appa thinks it was stolen and the thief would still have it, so we are going to search everyone's room for it”

 

Him Chan frowned “This is very serious, do you have any suspects?”

 

Yong Guk frowned deeply and sighed “I think that Appa thinks Zelo took it and he is searching his room first.”

 

Zelo!!??” Him Chan whispered fiercely, “There is no way Zelo took your necklace. Is appa in his right mind??” Him Chan whispered. He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to the other boys to meet at Zelo's room.

 

They arrived at the front entrance and then walked out and towards the guest house. They entered just as DaeHyun and Jong Up rushed from around the corner. Yong Guk's father didn't stop, he walked right past them and towards Zelo's room.

 

DaeHyun and Jong Up glanced at him and then saw their father. “Appa!” They both cried out and rushed over to their father.

 

Yong Guk and Him Chan continued to follow their father.

 

“What is going on?” DaeHyun cried.  His father sighed deeply “Come, I will tell you on the way” He ushered the boys down the hall towards Zelo's room.

 

“I was talking to Chung Do about my decision to take you boys when Yong Guk burst in the room, yelling about some necklace being missing...” He quickly explained as they hurried to catch up with the others.

 

“His father began to question him and thru the course of them talking Yong Guk mentioned that Zelo was there when he last saw the necklace...well Chung Do obviously didn't need to hear anymore and called his guards to search Zelo's room immediately.” The man shot a dark glare at the backside of Yong Guk's father.

 

DaeHyun gasped “Wait....does he think Zelo possibly took the necklace?”

 

 

I think he is positive Zelo took it, I knew my decision to remove you boy's from here was a good one. ” Mr. Choi shook his head sadly.

 

DaeHyun clenched his hands into fist, “Zelo is not a thief, he would not take Yong Guk's necklace!”

 

As they rounded the corner, they saw Yong Guk, Him Chan and their father standing in front of Zelo's door. There were four guard's standing next to a very tearful and scared looking Zelo and when Zelo saw his father and brother's he rushed over to them.

 

“a-appaaa” He sobbed softly, “what is going on?” He lifted his head and looked around nervously.

 

“Shhh...it's Ok Zelo-ah” His father reassured him “Mr. Bang just need to take a quick look in your room and then he will leave you alone.”

 

Zelo glanced at Mr. Bang and then looked back at his father.

 

“why?” He asked in a small voice, he was trembling and looked very scared.

 

Something was stolen from Yong Guk's room and we are searching all the rooms, your room is first.” Yong Guk's father said loudly and he turned to one of the guard's. “Is everything ready to be searched?” he asked.

 

The guard stood at full attention and nodded briskly “YES SIR!” The man shouted. “We arrived and entered with no warning and pulled him from the room. We have already searched him and found nothing. Also, nothing has been removed from the room.” Mr. Bang nodded and moved towards the door.

 

“Wait a minute, you just barged in and dragged my son from his room!!??” Mr. Choi shouted and Yong Guk's father stopped and turned. “The guards went to all the rooms in this manner, that way the thief won't have time to hide the necklace.”

 

I was radioed that the other boys were not in their rooms, so a guard has been posted at each door to keep anyone out until we arrive to search thru them” The guard said to Yong Guk's father.

Good, good” He said murmured as he turned to enter Zelo's room. Mr. Choi made a move to enter and the guard put out his hand to stop him.

 

“I want to bear witness to this, I want to make sure that you search his room fairly.”  the man growled.

 

Chung Do snorted “Ah...fine. Let them enter.” He turned and walked into the room and the rest followed. 

 

Zelo, DaeHyun and Jong Up and their father stood inside the room near the front entrance with a guard next to them and Yong Guk and Him Chan stood on the other side with a guard next to them. The other guard and Mr. Bang began to look thru Zelo's things.

 

Appa! Appa!” Chung Do heard someone calling his name and he turned and saw Young Jae struggling to get to them but the guard at the door kept holding him out.

 

Let him enter!” He shouted out to the guard and the guard quickly dropped his arm and Young Jae rushed over to his brother's. “What's going, why is everyone in Zelo's room?”

 

Yong Guk sighed and rubbed his face wearily “There is something missing from my room and they are searching all the rooms. Zelo's room is first.”

 

Young Jae's eyes went wide “Are they searching because they think it was stolen?” He asked, as he watched the men go thru Zelo's things.

 

Yong Guk nodded as he watched and his heart ached. He wished they would hurry so he and Zelo can be alone and he can comfort him. He looked over to Zelo and saw the boy was crying and his brother's and father were trying their best to comfort him. It was very upsetting for Zelo to watch these people go thru his things like that. They were just pulling things out and making a mess and the more they searched the harder he cried. He still didn't fully understand just what was going on. Yong Guk wanted to go over and take Zelo in his arms, but his feet didn't move. He looked back to see his father searching Zelo's bed.

Yong Guk's father pulled the bedsheets roughly off the bed and stared down at the empty bed. He huffed and tossed the sheets on the floor and began to lift the mattress to look underneath, as he lifted, the pillows on the bed slid off and Yong Guk gasped when he saw something very shiny fall beneath them.

No way, he thought. His heart hammered in his chest. I didn't just see that...please tell me I didn't just see that.

 

SIR!” The guard shouted and bent down to retrieve what had fallen. Yong Guk's father let the mattress fall and went over to the guard. The guard handed him the item and Yong Guk's father's smiled a sinister smile.

 

Yong Guk!” He called out and Yong Guk's blood froze.

 

“Yong Guk, come here” His father called, Yong Guk swallowed hard and his mouth felt dry. He began to walk over to his father slowly, his feet felt like they were encased in cement and with each step, dread filled him even more. He approached his father and his father held out something to him that looked like his necklace. It can't be! It just can't be! Is this real? Yong Guk thought as he took the necklace in his trembling hands and brought it up to inspect it closely.

 

Is this your necklace?” He heard his father ask solemnly.

 

Yong Guk began to cry and his shoulders shook, he really didn't want to answer that question.

 

“I will ask again....IS THIS YOUR NECKLACE?!” His father shouted and Yong Guk could only manage a small nod.

 

He heard the Choi's all gasp and he turned and saw the completely shocked faces as they stared in disbelief at the necklace.

 

Its not true!” Mr. Choi shouted “It's not true, my son is not a thief!!”

 

He is a thief, the necklace was found here...in his room!” Yong Guk's father shouted “You saw it....you bear witness to this. It was found hidden here. He stole it!!” Yong Guk's father pointed an accusing finger at Zelo and Zelo shrank away in fear.

 

No...I didn't steal anything...I-I don’t know how that got there. Appa! I didn't steal anything!” Zelo began to cry.

 

If you didn't steal it....how did it get here?!” Chung Do shouted angrily.

 

Zelo shook his head, he was so confused “I- I don't know. I didn't take it. I would never steal from Yong Guk.”

 

Zelo looked at Yong Guk pleading, “Yong Guk, I'm confused. I don't know what's going on. I didn't steal your necklace. Please help me” He sobbed.

 

The eyes that had looked so lovingly at him, were now cold, hard and accusing.   The lips that would always smile that gummy smile, were now set into a hard frown. Zelo's world was falling apart and he could not breathe.  Why is Yong Guk looking at me like that? Why is he not saying anything?

 "You-you said you loved me, you-you said you would protect me." Zelo cried even harder. He said he loved me, does he not believe me??

Yong Guk's eyes became even harder and anger flashed across his handsome face

 

"That was before you stole from me." He growled angrily.

 

 

 

 

A/N::::::::::::So it seems like Yong Guk is confused as well.  Does he really think his baby stole from him?  Is he really going to be that way?  This could be disasterous for the Choi's.  Chung Do does not do well when it comes to someone stealing considering what happened to him.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::