Ninth

A Mission To Protect You

Kai was a bit confused when Kyungsoo said that he wanted to walk out of the area because today is holiday. Indeed, during the day the enemy will not move with striking, but it is still dangerous. However Kyungsoo slightly sad face and said they'd better not go, making Kai did not have the heart. He also approves of it and proved, Kyungsoo was smiling back brightly.

While waiting Kyungsoo who was bathing, Kai contacted headquarters, asking Baekhyun to monitor the movement of enemies around them later.

“Where do you want to take him around, Kai?” Asked Baekhyun from the communication screen.

“You want to date, don’t you?” The voice that answered a question from the other end sounded clear, making Kai's face slightly flushed.

“Shut up, Tao!” Kai said sharply. Then he turned back to the Baekhyun, “today's school holiday. Kyungsoo want to get out and walk around. There will be not too far, hyung. Although the enemy is not going to move significantly during the day, but I guess I should still be careful.”

“Yeah, you're right, Kai.”

“So please hyung, continues to monitor the movement of the enemies and call me if they were close to me later.”

Baekhyun nodded, “okay.”

“Thank you, hyung. All right, see you later.”

Kai closed the communication tool and saved it back into his bag. Kyungsoo that just came out of the bathroom could hear Kai talking to someone, asked him.

“Who are you talking to just now?”

“My friend at the headquarters.”

“Oh.” Kyungsoo could only said it while busy drying his black hair with a towel.

Kyungsoo’s face that looked fresh after a bath with fragrant scent almost drugging Kai, making the tanned-skinned man looked at him without blinking. For a moment there, Kyungsoo looks... y...

“Don’t look at me like that. You scared me, .” Kyungsoo was aware that he'd been staring from Jongin at him and said that while covering his face flushed.

Kai realized, “ah-oh, sorry. So, what place do you want to go?”

Kyungsoo thought for a moment, then said, smiling excitedly, “I want to sing. Let's go to karaoke room!”

Kai smiled, “Okay, let's go.”

***

Kai could only smiled at Kyungsoo who was running cheerfully before him. Though a few hours ago, the beautiful man had been crying, but now he looks better and cheerful. Kai sighed in relief.

“I'm happy to finally be able to devote all of my feelings today. I have not sing as good as this.” Said Kyungsoo as he turned around, looked at Jongin with a cheerful smile.

“Do you love to sing that much, huh?”

Kyungsoo nodded happily, “very much!”

Kai could only laughed at the beautiful man who smiled brightly. For now Kyungsoo looks even a hundred times sweeter than usual. For the first time he saw Kyungsoo was being like a kid.

Kai suddenly heard the sound of a hungry stomach. In front of him, Kyungsoo could only put a face flushed with embarrassment. Kai could only chuckled.

“Are you hungry?”

Kyungsoo nodded embarrassed.

“All right, let's eat.”

Kai immediately withdraw Kyungsoo’s wrist, took him to walk into a restaurant. Naturally Kyungsoo’s hunger, is shown at 12 o'clock noon, was already in the lunch hour. And this morning they only ate a bowl of hot soup purchased from the canteen.

“So, what's your hobby?” Asked Kyungsoo while eating his food.

“Hobby?”

“Yup! Just like me who love to sing, what's your hobby?”

“Shooting.”

Kyungsoo choked hear from Jongin’s short answer. “What kind of hobby is it?”

Kai could only chuckled when seeing Kyungsoo dying due to choking. “It's just what I did when as a child.”

Once calm, Kyungsoo asked. “You have entered into such an organization since childhood? How could it be?”

“A long story. I was just a little boy who dumped by my parents. So that day, I met with Kris hyung and his father. They took me to the headquarters and trained me a variety of things required to be a reliable spy.”

“Kris-hyung? Who is he?”

“The supreme commander at headquarters. He succeeded his father who had died. The man who are most respected by all agents at headquarters.”

“He seems like a good man.”

“Yes, of course.”

“Tell me about your friends then.”

Kai stopped eating, staring at Kyungsoo while a look of confusion. “There are no interesting things that you need to know.”

“Please…” He begged while put a super cute face, making Kai did not know how to hold back his feelings which are about to burst. For now Kyungsoo looks much sweeter.

“Okay okay.” Kai breathed softly. “The person who I call before usually is Baekhyun hyung. He is a very great expert monitoring agent. If you met him maybe you should be thankful to him because he monitors the movement of enemies around you.”

“Well, it looks like he's a very nice person and a great, am I true?”

"No. He was great in terms of monitoring, but he is the laziest agent. He does not like to fight, that's why he prefers to be in Headquarters along the day. And one more thing, there was no one who will stand to hear him chatter.”

Kyungsoo chuckled. “Then what about the others do?”

“There is Sehun, he is my cute junior. He is a very spoiled child, perhaps because he is the youngest there. He's a good boy.” Kai laughed. “There is also Tao, the panda. He is always noisy but very timid in the dark. Proficient in close combat because he was mastering wushu very well. That's why he considers himself as a kungfu panda.”

Kyungsoo back laughing. “Darkness was indeed horrible, I also do not like the dark.”

Kai could only laughed, “there is also Lay hyung. He is a great hyung and good-natured. Although his face was plain and as people who do not understand anything, but when he was on his mission, his personality will change. He is very strong.”

Kyungsoo could only nodded while heard Kai’s story. “Then there is Chen hyung. He is a good person. But sometimes he likes to troling anyone.”

“It seems nice if I could meet and get to know them. “Kyungsoo smiled.

“Yes, even though they are weird like that, but they are my family. The family whom I care about the most.” Kai smiled after saying from the bottom of his heart. Yes, he loved all his ‘brothers’.

Then they lost in their own thoughts as they continued to eat their food. Once finished, they walked back out of the restaurant. When walking, Kai suddenly stopped. He felt like someone was watching them.

“W-what?” Asked Kyungsoo who also stopped when he saw Kai stopped.

“Huss!” Kai made Kyungsoo’s mouth shut. Quickly, Kai looked back, there was no one who looks suspicious behind them other than the person who was also passing by.

“Jo-Jongin? What’s wrong?”

“I feel someone is following us, since out of the restaurant.” Kai was still in a serious mode.

Kyungsoo look behind, “there was no one. Anyway, maybe you were thinking too much.”

“No. Definitely right there.”

“Today is my day off. I want to enjoy it. If you keep suspiciously like that, what's the difference with the day-to-day yesterday? Come on, let's go. Ah, there is ice cream! Come on!” Kyungsoo was pulling Kai’s wrist, making the tanned skinned man that can only surrender walk followed.

Kai knew something was following them. He can’t be wrong. His experience was very much, this sort of thing had often been felt. But slowly, feeling suspiciously disappeared. 's Eyes who had been watching was no longer he felt.

Maybe it's just my imagination. Focus, Kai! Focus!

“Jongin?” Called Kyungsoo awakened from his thoughts in a nutshell. Kyungsoo was ing chocolate ice cream with a smile on Kai. “It's for you.”

“Ah-oh, thank you.”

They sat on a park bench, watching the garden area filled with small children at play. Kai could not think straight. He was just worried if the enemies suddenly attacked him while he was only carrying a pistol which he kept hidden in his pants.

Kai tried to remove the feeling of worry. He saw a busy Kyungsoo’s attention to the children who were playing while eating ice cream with careless. The ice cream was on his nose. Making Kai laughed.

“W-what are you laughing at?” Kyungsoo stared at Kai confused.

Kai did not answer, he took a cream that attaches to Kyungsoo’s nose, then his finger cream in it. “Sweet.”  He said.

Kyungsoo could only be silent and flushed with embarrassment. “Babo.” He hissed.

Kai could only laughed at Kyungsoo’s face flushed. Kyungsoo face flushed with embarrassment was very cute and sweet for him. Kai then stood up and said. “Let's go home now. Too dangerous if we are too long to be outside.”

“Y-yes. All right.”

***

“Where have you been, Do Kyungsoo?” Luhan asked with a look of suspicion.

Kyungsoo and Kai stood silent, staring at the four Kyungsoo’s friends who was standing right in front of the door of their room. Kyungsoo could only a small smile, then he looked at Kai who was standing next to him, trying to ask for help in answering his questions. Kai stared back at him, raising his shoulders as if to say, “whatever you say” on Kyungsoo.

“I-I… Came out and spent my day off with going outside along with Jongin. That was it.” Replied Kyungsoo, try removing the smile his most hope that his friends drugged by his super sweet smile.

“Not usually do you go without telling us, Kyungsoo!” Said Chanyeol who also stared at him annoyed.

Minseok as usual trying to hold Chanyeol to continue to be calm and reasonable. No one wants to see the giant raging. “Nevermind. Maybe Kyungsoo forgot to tell us.”

“Do not spoil Kyungsoo like that, Minseok! He must know how worried we are going to him!” Luhan talked back.

Kyungsoo could just head down and said quietly, “I'm sorry, hyung.” He wanted to cry.

Kai who had been silent as he continued to stare at Joonmyeon with a sharp probing gaze, staring at Kyungsoo who was being bowed his head. If Kyungsoo has been like that, it means the little man is about to cry.

“Do not cry.” Kai whispered in Kyungsoo. Holding the little man’s hand, and said to the four friends of Kyungsoo. “Do not blame him. I was the one who took him away.”

Kyungsoo who was almost in tears, staring at Kai who was talking at his four friends while holding his hand. Instead of wanting to cry, he flushed with embarrassment.

“I knew it was you who took him out, Kim Jongin.” Joonmyeon finally reacted after hearing the words of Kai.

“If that is so, what's your problem?”

Both men looked at each other with sharp. Kyungsoo was into a panic. Kai’s eyes that turn out to be very cold and sharp, as if to prey on Joonmyeon which also looked at him sarcastically.

“Come on, hyung. It's my fault that went out without saying anything to you. I'm sorry, hyung. I 'll explain it to you later. But now, could you let us go in and rest. We were tired, hyung. Please.” Kyungsoo said, trying to mediate so that no further fights between his friends.

Luhan sighed, calming himself so that no further emotion. To be honest he could never be mad at that sweet Kyungsoo. They had been friends for a long time. Yes, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Minseok are friends since childhood. For Luhan, Chanyeol, and Minseok, Kyungsoo is a sweet little brother to them. Moreover, they know that Kyungsoo has a past that could be said to be not very good . Since both Kyungsoo’s parents died from the incident, the three hyung was always trying to protect Kyungsoo. That's why they became very worried and upset when they know Kyungsoo went away without saying anything to them.

Minseok, as the oldest hyung, slowly and gently patted Luhan and said. “Come on, Lu. Importantly Kyungsoo is fine. You too, Chanyeol. Stop being angry. If we continue to be angry like this, Kyungsoo was going to be sad. You know how he was our cry-baby little brother?”

Luhan back sighed. “All right, Soo. I hope next time you do not leave without saying anything to us. You know how worried we were when you were gone all day?”

Kyungsoo nodded slowly. “I'm sorry, hyung.”

Luhan smiled and spread his hands. Kyungsoo invited to be in his arms. Kyungsoo back smiling. He also ran to hug Luhan spoiled. Chanyeol and Minseok had come to embrace them both. These four friends were hugging each other, making Kai and Joonmyeon could only stare at them.

“I love you all, hyung.”

After hugged his three hyung, then he stared at Joonmyeon. Although his friend since childhood Joonmyeon was not like Luhan, Chanyeol, and Minseok, but for him, Joonmyeon remains his best friend.

“I'm also fond of Joonmyeon hyung. Sorry you had to join worry, hyung.” Kyungsoo also embraced Joonmyeon.

“Yeah, me too.”

Kyungsoo did not know that there was someone who was staring at himself in the arms of Joonmyeon with a sharp look. Yes, Kai stood staring at them. When Kyungsoo cuddling with his three friends, Kai did not feel upset or angry at all. Only when Kyungsoo hugged Joonmyeon, Kai felt his temper gather to crown.

Without saying anything, Kai walked past them all to their bedroom. He slammed the door hard to make five other people were surprised.

Kyungsoo who being surprised just sighed heavily. A problem is solved, new problems arise. He hissed in his heart.

“What's wrong with him, Soo?” Asked Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo could only shook his head slowly. “I do not know. Hyung, I'm tired. I promise I'll tell you what I've done this a day later.”

“All right, Soo. Rest well. See you.” Replied Minseok.

Kyungsoo’s four friends walked away, leaving Kyungsoo was alone. Kyungsoo did not know, there was someone who gave a wry smile after seeing the angry reaction Kai earlier. While continuing to run, a sardonic smile on his lips drawn on Joonmyeon. Winning smile.

***

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s soft-sounding called not the slightest made ​​Kai turned to him.

Kai himself did not understand what was wrong with him. When Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon hugged each others, that's when the anger fill your heart and mind. Since meeting Kyungsoo, Kai who never shows his emotions, became angry and could not control his own feelings.

Kyungsoo sighed. Kai saw sitting on his bed with his back to Kyungsoo. This time Kai looks like a little boy who is angry.

“What's the matter with you?” Kyungsoo knew he should not ask because he knew what reason the tanned-skinned man was angry. “Stop being such a child, Jongin.”

Still no reaction from Kai. The man still did not turn around. Kyungsoo re-thinking, seeking ways to make the man look at him again. One thing occurred to his mind. He felt this is a very powerful way to make the tanned-skinned man was staring at him back.

“O-ouch!” Kyungsoo sudden groan in pain.

Spontaneous Kai turned around when he heard Kyungsoo was in pain. He soon moved quickly toward Kyungsoo who sat on his bed, holding his head.

“W-what happened? Are you okay?” Kai into a panic.

Kyungsoo then laughed. “Finally you are looking at me again, Babo.”

“What do you mean? So that was–”

“I lied and you cheated so easily.”

“Tch.”

Kyungsoo back laughing. He patted Kyungsoo’s cheeks softly, and hold it so that the man continued to stare at him. Kai looked away trying not to stare at Kyungsoo. Being in this range, making him unable to move.

“Tell me what's wrong with you.”

“None whatsoever.”

“Oh yeah? You're the worst liar.”

Kai sighed. “Well, I think I've told you not to get too close to the enemy.”

“He is not my enemy, Jongin!”

“You still continued to believe it. I just do not want something bad to happen to you. And you also never believe me. Just do as you please.”

“I believe you, . But at least Joonmyeon hyung never hurt me so far. You must learn to relieve your suspicions.”

“There's no way I could. He was a very dangerous enemy!”

“You can. Should be. You see the evidence, I'm fine.”

“Whatever you say!” Kai pouted. Slightly annoyed because Kyungsoo never believed his warning. But he was relieved that Kyungsoo was fine.

“Jongin…”

Kai stared at Kyungsoo gently. Trying to eliminate anger. “Yes?”

“Thank you for today.” Kyungsoo smiled softly. Kai then hugged him tightly, making Kyungsoo instantly speechless.

A smile on the lips and then imaged Kai, hugged the little man. “Is that only what you're saying?”

Kyungsoo was laughing in the arms of Kai. Kai’s arms made he felt warm. They both laughed warm that night.

I love you, Babo. A short sentence that can only be retained in his heart.

***

 

 

 

Sorry I don't know why but this ff will be more cute and fluffy... Keep reading, up vote, comments, and subscribe! I love youuu!

 

 

P.S : The next chapter is about Kyungsoo's past~