Tenth

A Mission To Protect You

“Appa?” A five years old child was standing in front of the door which slightly opened, to look into the room with a little fear.

He saw his father, who was busy with a pile of files on his desk, he tried to walk closer to his father.

A man who aged around 28 years old, spell out a white coat, with glasses that frame his eyes were black, looked at his little boy who was staring at him as he hugged his Pororo doll.

“What is Appa doing now?” The little boy asked.

His father turned, opened his glasses, smiling sweetly while holding his beloved son to sit on his lap. “Appa was working on a very important thing. Why was Appa's favorite son still awake at this hour at night?”

The little boy smiled innocently, staring at his father with eyes shaded. “Kyunggie can’t sleep if Appa was not there with me.”

His father smiled and kissed the forehead of his favorite child. “Well, then let's go to sleep. Appa will go with you.”

“Really?” The little boy smiled broadly, his eyes wide as his smile widening.

“Of course. What do Appa not to do to Appa's favorite hero?”

“Thank you, Appa! Kyunggie love Appa!”

“Appa love you more, Kyunggie.”

***

“Kyungsoo is five years old now. He will grow bigger later on. Even though you're not with us, I hope you always pay attention to us here. Look at our hero has grown with cheerful. He was a sweet kid, was great, and intelligent. Looks like he inherited the beauty and goodness of yours. I promise to always take care of and be with him. And this project is being put myself, I hope it can be something to protect him if I did not exist in this world anymore. Do Yuri, I love you, and our children, Kyungsoo.”

“Umma! Kyunggie love Umma!”

***

“Appa, what place is this?”

“It's a secret place that no one knows except Appa and yourself.”

“Well, Appa look! What is it, Appa? What a great machine it?”

“It's a secret weapon. Appa had given specifically to protect my cute son. It is a special gift for Kyunggie.”

“Really?”

“Of course. Well now that promise to Appa that Kyunggie would not tell this secret to anyone.”

“Even it was Mr. Pororo?”

“Yes. Pinkie promise?”

“Pinkie promise!”

***

“Mr. Pororo, I promised Appa that I would not tell the secret to anyone although it was you. Appa said it was a gift for me. Appa would have to work hard. I also promised to Umma to always make Appa smile. I love Appa and Umma, and you too!”

***

Kid Kyungsoo did not know what happened. He is currently being held by his father who was running in a hurry. He saw his father's face was very frightened and anxious.

“Appa? What happened?”

His father did not answer. He continued to run while carrying Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was no longer asked, he just hugged his father tightly while holding his favorite Mr. Pororo.

Kyungsoo remembered what place he was headed now. His father was said to be a secret place. When they came in, his father put him down from the sling. His father crouched quietly, the head of a small Kyungsoo was looking at a plain.

The man had tears in his eyes, hugged his son tightly.

“Why is Appa crying? Appa is sick?”

“Forgive Appa, Kyunggie. Stay here and do not go anywhere.”

“Where is Appa going?”

The man did not answer. He was silent as he stared at his favorite child crying. He kissed his son's forehead.

“Appa will leave Kyunggie? As Umma do?”

The man could not stop crying more. He tried sighed for a moment, staring at his beloved son as he his head gently.

“Promise me, Kyunggie. Although Appa is not beside you, you will continue to smile. You're a strong boy, aren’t you? Appa will always be with you. Appa and Umma will always be watching you from afar. Appa and Umma love you, Kyunggie.”

Kid Kyungsoo who did not know anything could only cried when he saw his father cried. “Don’t leave Kyunggie alone, Appa.”

“Forgive Appa, Kyunggie. Appa can’t protect you. Be a good boy and do what Appa said. Stay here and do not go anywhere. This is the only thing that Appa can do so you're safe. It’s very dangerous out there. You are the only precious son for Appa and Umma. Stay here until Grandpa came to pick you up. Keep our secret. Appa love you.”

The man decided to leave the kid Kyungsoo who just crying while hugging his Mr. Pororo.

“Umma… Appa…”

***

“Hey, look at him! So pity he is. He did not have Mom and Dad!”

“Poor you, an orphan!”

“Poor you!”

“Solitary!”

“Nobody wants to be friends with poor people like you!”

The kid Kyungsoo just sat there on the ground, weeping quietly surrounded by five naughty little children who incessantly insulted.

“Stop it!”

“Don’t bother him!”

“Leave him now!”

Kyungsoo turned to look for the origin of the three voices that defend him. Standing in front of him, three young children who were protecting him from evil stare other naughty children. The three children boldly repel the bad kids.

“Are you okay?” A boy who looks very pretty took Kyungsoo’s hand, stood up and helped him clean up the dirty Kyungsoo’s body because the soil.

“Thank God, you're okay.” The second boy was smiling broadly, revealing a row of his white teeth that look brilliant.

“Don’t smile like that, Chanyeol. You're scaring him.” The last boy who hit the white teeth child's hand slowly.

“Th-thank you for helping me.” Kyungsoo said softly.

“Don’t mention it. Well, you're very cute, don’t you know?” The pretty boy smiled softly as he pinched Kyungsoo’s cheek.

“Don’t do something like that, Lu.”

“Yes hyung, he is so cute. Minseok hyung, you would agree that he is cute, wouldn’t you?” The white teeth boy said while smiled brightly.

Kyungsoo could only smiled, and then he came back said quietly, “why do you want to help an orphan like me?”

“Because we want to be your friends!”

“Yes, do you want to be our friend?”

“Come on!”

Kyungsoo grinned, nodded eagerly. “Yes!”

“My name is Luhan!”

“I am Chanyeol!”

“Don’t shout like that, Lu, Yeol. Well, my name is Minseok.”

“I-I'm… Kyungsoo.”

“From now on we were friends!” Shouts Chanyeol.

***

10 years later.

Kyungsoo was standing in front of the funeral of his father and mother. He placed two wreaths on the grave of his father and mother. He breathed slowly, trying not to pull out his tears.

“Umma… Appa… Now I'm 15 years old. Starting tomorrow I will go away to boarding school. Grandpa died a month ago. And now I have to study well in order to continue the grandpa’s company. Now I've got three best friends. I've been told about them on Appa and Umma, isn’t I? Yes, they are Luhan hyung, Minseok hyung, and Chanyeol. They will also accompany me in school. Appa and Umma don’t have to worry anymore. I could definitely keep myself, and they will always be with me.”

Kyungsoo could not stand on it anymore, he cried softly.

“Umma, sorry I could not keep my promise to always make Appa smile. But I think Appa will always smile because now he is be with you there.” He laughed lightly.

“Appa, I promise to keep it. Our pinkie promise, does Appa still remember it?”

He was silent for a moment, like waiting for a reply from his father that he never even heard the answer.

“I always miss you. Well, now I have to go. My friends would be worried if I was too long here. Umma… Appa… Kyunggie will always love you forever. Keep watching me from there, okay?”

***

“Hhh… Hhh…”

Kyungsoo woke up from the dream of his past. Quite a while ago he did not recall it. He woke up, sat up on his bed with panting and sweating quite profusely.

Kai was not sleeping, immediate move closer to Kyungsoo. He looked the beautiful man anxiously. “What happened? You're having a nightmare?”

Kyungsoo turned to Kai. With the initiative, Kai gave a glass of water on Kyungsoo, returning hoped that Kyungsoo can be calm after drinking it.

“Do you have a nightmare, Soo?”

Kyungsoo nodded slowly. His tears came out without realizing it. Reflex, he hugged the tanned-skinned man tightly. Hopes that he can calm down after being in the arms of the tanned-skinned man.

Kai could only replied to hug Kyungsoo tightly, his back slowly.

“I dreamed about it.”

“About what?”

“My past. When two peoples who I love the most left me forever.”

“Who?”

“My father and my mother.”

Kai sighed. He let go of his arms on Kyungsoo. He looked at the beautiful man who was crying. “Don’t cry, Soo. You're not alone here. You've got your friends. And you got me.”

Kyungsoo chuckled, “yeah, you're right, Jongin.”

“Moreover, I will not leave you.”

“Don’t say something like that. You're definitely going to leave me when the mission is complete.”

“You want me to go after the mission is completed?”

Kyungsoo speechless. “Ah-uh-hm, didn’t you be here with me just for the mission? Am I right?”

“Yes, you're right.”

Honestly Kyungsoo felt disappointed to hear the answer. It means that all the sweet and nice things that Jongin has done to him were only for the mission. Kyungsoo could felt there was a sound of “crack” in his heart. His heart was broken.

“That was the beginning. But now I think I am being here is not just for the mission.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes suddenly enlarged, “w-what do you mean?”

“Nothing. Never mind. Go back to sleep, Soo. Tomorrow we have school. You don’t want to be late and make your friends worry about, don’t you?”

“I can’t sleep. I'm afraid if the memories was back spinning in my mind.”

“I will be beside you until you fall asleep then.”

Kai was making Kyungsoo lay down, making the little man can only surrender to the action taken by the tanned-skinned man.

“Close your eyes and forget all the things that make you afraid.”

“Before that, promise me one thing, Jongin.”

“Yes?”

“Don’t leave me alone.”

Kai chuckled, making Kyungsoo’s face flushed. “Yes, princess.”

It did not take a long time until finally Kyungsoo was back asleep. Kai could only sighed of relief. He looked at the cute face of the tiny man when sleeping. Kai stood, staring at the sleeping Kyungsoo and smiling.

“Good night, princess.”

***

 

 

Here's the tenth chapter. I don't know what to say but my KaiSoo feeling is going to burst! I love the pairing too much! Well, thank you for reading this super freaking fanfic. I cried when I saw that there are so many viewers on this ff. Thank you! :'D

Keep reading, subscribing, and giving your upvotes and comments~ :')

See you on the next chapter~