Fourteenth

A Mission To Protect You

NOTE : (The italic words are the past events)

 

Little Chen sat among a small pile of garbage, in a small hallway that looks very rundown. For several days he did not eat anything, did he get a drink from the water bottle ex extant contents of some of the people who pass through the hallway and throw the bottle carelessly.

Little Chen may feel his throat was very dry, his stomach ached with hunger, while his body was very tired, dirty, and started to cause a bit of an unpleasant odor.

The only reason why he was in the hallway slum it was because he was running away from his adoptive parents’ house who recently adopted him from an orphanage where he lived previously. He did not like the adoptive parents. A married couple was being mean and cruel to the little Chen, who has a real name as Jongdae. Jongdae could not stand the treatment, until the end when the adoptive parents were not looking, he escaped. And finally, this is where he is.

Jongdae increasingly holding his stomach ache. Increasingly felt hunger will kill him slowly. More care of his body after a few days of being in the hallway. Prominent cheek bones, making his cheeks look very thin with sunken eyes, reflect the cruel life that he had.

When he feels that he has no hope of getting it again and closed his eyes, resigned to the situation, a sound of footsteps and then stops right in front of him. He tilted his head, turned to the figure of a little boy with chubby cheeks, slanted eyes, thin lips, a cute face, smiling at him as he brought several packs of bread and other foods. On the right hand there is a bag containing several bottles of drinks.

“This is for you. Eat this.” The cute little boy put the plastic bag right in front of Jongdae, making the little dinosaur camel looked at him in confusion.

“For me?” He asked, trying to reassure seemed unsure of what's going in front of him. His eyes were staring and investigating the contents of the plastic bags, more so anyway he felt sick in the stomach.

The cute boy just smiled gently, then back said. “Yes. See you.”

Jongdae tried to scream, tried to call the cute boy who was running away leaving him, but somehow he felt he could not, his voice could not resist the cute kid. He could only stare at the boy's departure, then looked at some of the existing plastic bag in front of him. It contained all kinds, there is a lot of bread, medicines, drinks, and even clothes.

Jongdae was a little confused, but he was happy because he finally can again enjoy a delicious meal.

“I don’t know who you are, but I promise if I managed to find you and to meet you, I will repay you, I'll protect you.” He muttered to himself as he takes the loaves with gusto. Paid off the hunger.

“Chen? Chen!”

Chen suddenly snapped out of his reverie thanks to a call from Lay who also shook Chen’s body.

“Y-yes?” Chen said, rubbing his eyes, trying to wake up from what he was thinking before.

“What are you just thinking before?”

“No, hyung. I'm just sleepy. Yesterday, I was asked to spy all day. It was very tiring.”

“Thank God if you just feel tired, Chen. Well, I would say to Kris hyung or Baekhyun. I'm sure they'll give you a day off for this so you can rest.”

“Yeah, I guess I did have to ask for a holiday today. I planned to walk out today. Thank you, hyung.” He smiled.

Lay nodded, patting his shoulder gently, “you are my partner in work. So, I hope you will come back good as soon as possible.”

“Yeah, hyung. I hope so.” Chen smiled, then walked back to his room.

***

It has been several days since Chen helped Kai with Baekhyun and Sehun. Since then, he could not stop thinking about Minseok. Yes, the man of his size a little shorter than he had made his mind muddled. Minseok actually reminded him of the cute boy who gave him foods and drinks when he almost died in the seedy alley.

For Chen, the boys really had to give him life. If the child was not given food and drink at the time, Chen knew he would not be here today.

Today Chen was given off by Kris. Usually he always did his mission with Lay, because since he was a trainee, he was already close to the plain man who was a hard worker. But this time Chen alone. He walked around the city, trying to refresh his mind.

            That day was already a few years ago, and I do not know where he was. What he really Minseok? He asked himself.

Chen walked into a supermarket. When he was taking a coffee canned, a pat gently landed on his shoulder. Chen looked behind him, a man who faced cute with narrow eyes but felt calm heart.  

“Ah, it's really you!”

Chen enlarged eyeballs when he saw the man in front of him grinning. Chen could never forget the sound of the man in front of him since they first met.

“Minseok hyung?”

Minseok smiled on Chen, “how are you, Chen? It has been several days since then, right?”

Chen could only smile and nodded slowly, “why are you here? Are you alone?”

Minseok nodded, holding up a bag of groceries filled with ingredients to make a cake. “A few more days is Kyungsoo’s birthday. I'm here to buy the ingredients to make a cake. Chanyeol was busy studying together with Joonmyeon, while Luhan has his club activities. What about you?”

“I'm free missions. So I used it for a walk alone.”

Minseok only said “oh” and walked out of the supermarket with Chen. There was a long pause during their walks. Chen was busy with his ​​thoughts, and Minseok did not know how to start a conversation.

“You're not afraid of me, hyung?” Chen finally asked, trying to look as normal as possible.

Minseok looked at him, shook his head and smiled gently. “For what am I afraid of you?”

“I am a spy. I was a killer. You're not afraid to be with a ruthless killer?”

Minseok chuckle, “as long as you're not trying to kill me, I will not be afraid of you.”

Chen laughed at Minseok’s answer. “Hyung–”

Chen's words stopped when he saw Minseok who stopped walking and stared straight into a small hallway that looks dark. There was a little boy who was sitting while leaning against the hallway wall.

Oh, no. Chen thought.

The view was reminded Chen on him when he was little. Just like the boy, sat resignedly as he leaned against the hallway wall. Thin body, curves reveal that just like skin wrapped bones fragile. The sunken eyes reflect the cruel of life.

Chen took a deep breath. He glanced at Minseok who was still silent, staring at the little boy. Then the man reached into something in a bag of groceries, took the five loaves and a bottle of mineral water which he had bought in the supermarket. Chen can only pay attention to the cute man who was walking closer to the boy.

Minseok gave the bread and drink it on the little boy. He gently the boy's head, then smiled. Then he returned to Chen who had been just noticed.

Suddenly Chen was chaotic mind. Shadow of his past when he met the cute little boy his savior, turning in his brain.

“This is for you. Eat this.”

“For me?”

“Yes. See you.”

“Chen? What’s wrong?”

Chen realized, in front of him, Minseok was looking at him with a worried. Chen shook his head, trying to smile, trying to look fine.

“It's okay, hyung. I'm fine.”

“But you don’t look fine. You're sweating a lot.”

Chen did not realize that only by remembering his past he becomes frantic, sweat looks a lot out. “Why did you give the food and drink to the boy?”

“I just could not bear to see a child like that. I can feel their sadness and misery.”

“Do you often give that sort of thing at all street children who did you meet?”

“No. He was the second child that I ever give food and drink.”

Chen eyes a little bigger, he again asked. “Who's first?”

“In the past, when I was a kid.” Minseok smiled, trying to roll back the story of his past.

***

“I want that chocolate ice cream!” Chanyeol was shouting loudly while pointing at a picture of ice cream on the menu board.

“I want the vanilla.” Kyungsoo said in his soft and cute voice.

“I want bubble tea!”

“Here there is no bubble tea, Lu.”

“But I don’t want ice cream, Min! I want bubble tea!” Luhan whine.

“Yes, let Grandpa bought it then.” A grandpa was smiling at the little boy on the fourth. Yes, he was Kyungsoo’s grandfather.

Today the four of them together with Kyungsoo’s grandfather accidentally walk in town and stopped when they saw the ice cream vendor on the roadside.

“It's all right, Grandpa. I could have bought for Lulu.” Minseok as the oldest tried not to bother the grandpa.

“Are you sure you can be alone?”

Minseok nodded with a smile.

“I'm coming, Min!”

“Do not, Lu. Wait, I'll buy it for you.”

Minseok ran away leaving his three friends. Fortunately the bubble tea shop was not too far away. When he finished buying and intend to return to his friends, he was stopped while looking into a seedy and dark hallway. Minseok was not a timid child. That's why he dared to look into it.

A little boy was lying there weak. Minseok felt pity, and he ran away as soon as possible to his friends. After ing his order bubble tea to Luhan, he immediately asked to be in a hurry on his third it.

“Lend me your money!”

“For what, hyung?”

“Yes, what you want to buy, Min?”

“I saw a little boy who was starving in the hallway. Please lend your money. I will replace it when we get home.”

Grandpa smiled gently at Minseok, then shuffled his hair softly. “Let's buy something for him.”

Minseok’s eyes shining brightly, his eyes dilated. “Thank you, Grandpa!”

 

Minseok walked over to a small child who laid in it. He accidentally brought two large plastic bags alone. He asked Grandpa, Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Chanyeol to just waiting on the front hallway. Carefully so as not to surprise the boy, Minseok put the big bag in front of the boy.

“This is for you. Eat this.” He said with a smile.

“For me?” The boy looked at him confused, his eyes were very sunken in cheekbones stand out. His lips was dry, his body was thin and worn.

Minseok who can’t bear to see it, immediately said, “yes. See you.”

He ran away and left the boy alone. He smiled to himself, feeling proud and relieved after giving bags of food, beverages, as well as his clothes.

***

“That's it. The same little boy reminded me of a small child who first I met in the hallway when I was a kid.”

Chen did not move and speechless after hearing the story of Minseok. Reflex, he immediately hugged the cute man, making Minseok bit surprised.

“Apparently it's you was that boy, hyung.”

“W-what do you mean, Chen?”

“The poor boy do you help that time, it was me.”

Minseok enlarged eyeballs, as if not believing what comes out of the mouth of Chen. “Y-you? How can it be? Really?”

Chen releases his arms, then nodded with a smile. “Yes, that's me. The poor little boy that you helped in the dark alley.”

“Really? Ah, thanks God it's you alright since then. I'm relieved.” Minseok smiled, a sigh of relief.

“Thank you for your help that time, hyung. If you do not help me, do not give me food and drink it, I guess I will not be able to see you today.”

“You're too much, Chen. But I'm really grateful because you really fine since then. I can’t stop worrying, and forcing my parents to let me take you with me. But when a week later I was back there, you were not there.”

“Yes, hyung. A few days after that, I met with Kris hyung and Kai. They asked me to go with them.”

“Will you come with me? With us?”

“Hyung, are you sure?”

“Of course, Kai.”

“Hyung, hurry up. If uncle knows we left the workout room, he would be furious.”

“So, you want to come? Come on!”

“Come on!”

“They took me to the training. That's why you can’t find me again a week after that.”

Minseok only nodded in understanding. Chen finally relieved he could meet with his rescuers first.

“Ah, I forgot. I had to get back to the dorm. My friends will definitely be worried if I go too long.”

“I'll take you up to the dormitory, hyung.”

“Do not worry, Chen. I can go home alone.” Narrow man smiled.

“Do not be like that, hyung. I'll drive you.”

Minseok then approved the, “okay then. Come on.”

As I promised before, it’s my turn to protect you, hyung!

***

 

 

As I promised before, this chapter is special for a cute OTP, XiuChen~ How is it? Please give me your comments :-D

Ah, this week I will be so busy because I have my tests on this full week. Wish for my test well please? :)

Maybe I will be on hiatus for a week. Keep reading and waiting okay?

Once again, thanks for all the supports, your love with this story, your upvotes, comments, and subscribing. I will be more fighting! See you on the next chapter~