Thirteenth

A Mission To Protect You

“Baekhyun here! Come back at our first place where we came before! Five signal of the approaching enemy!”

Kai was a bit surprised when he heard Baekhyun said through the communication. He saw Kyungsoo’s face was being scared and panic.

            “W-what?”

“Baekhyun hyung asked us to go back to first place where we came before. There are the approaching enemies.” Kai sighed softly.

“My-my friends? How are them?”

Kai smiled gently at Kyungsoo, gently his head, then kissed the forehead of the dwarf. Kyungsoo’s face flushed after receiving the sweet treatment by Kai.

“Calm down, they'll be fine.”

“B-but Kai, I-I will not forgive myself if something happened to them.” Still blushing, Kyungsoo still panicked and worried.

“You have to learn to trust me, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo heavy sighed, “well then. Let's go there now!”

***

“You wait here. I'll buy chocolate bubble tea for you.” Command Luhan, smiling as he entered into the bubble tea shop.

It did not take long time until the red-haired man's back and gave bubble tea to Sehun, making the blonde smiled at him. There’s still feels awkward feeling between the two. But slowly, the feeling was a bit faded. Luhan did not know what he is feeling. After Sehun saved him from the thugs, he feels very safe to be with blonde man who much younger than himself.

Sehun bored. Kai was out with his favorite target. Sehun knew that the tanned-skinned man that's in love. And he was happy because finally there is someone who managed to make Kai hooked. Kai is a person whom he loved after Kris.

When they both were in silence because no one broach, there was a sound from Sehun’s communication tool. “Oh, sorry. Wait a minute.” He said to Luhan.

Sehun walked a little away so as Luhan can’t hear the conversation later. There was Baekhyun’s voice.

“Baekhyun here! Come back at our first place where we came before! Five signal of the approaching enemy!”

Sehun answered, this time he put a serious face, but still handsome as ever. “Roger!”

Right after that, he immediately turned toward Luhan. Holding his wrist and brought him ran away. Luhan, whose busy drinking bubble tea was surprise over the Sehun’s treatment.

“W-what are you–”

“We have to go now, hyung!”

***

I guess I should also say whether or not you were that boy, hyung? Chen whispered to himself.

“Hyung–”

Chen has not had time to finish his sentence, a voice of the communication tool reads, make him not want to answer the phone.

“Baekhyun here! Come back at our first place where we came before! Five signal of the approaching enemy!”

Baekhyun-sounding voice was in a hurry to make Chen should forget his question. Without much saying, he immediately answered firmly.

“Roger!”

Soon after that, he Minseok who are still busy watching the fireworks. “Hyung, we have to go now.”

Minseok turned with a puzzled look. “Why?”

“I can’t tell you why. But believe me, let's get out of here right now.”

Minseok who actually do not understand anything, smiled gently at Chen. “All right. Let's go.”

***

Baekhyun and Chanyeol has been up to the first place they'd came early. The dwarf was still busy with the tracking tool, while the giant was trying to regulate his breathing after being forced to follow the dwarf ran.

“What really happened? Why did you suddenly take me to run fast?” Asked Chanyeol after his breath returned to normal. He had not expected, the short-Baekhyun can run fast.

“Shut up, stupid giant!” Command Baekhyun, who still struggling with the tracking tool.

It did not take long time until finally all his friends gathered with them.

“What, hyung?” Asked Kai, his face became very serious, while still holding Kyungso’s hands who being frightened.

“Finally, all of you come. Listen to me carefully. There are five enemy signals. Two enemies were directed at 3. The enemy was directed at 6, just behind the vending machine, and the remaining two were directed at 9, two snipers who were on standby from the top of the building.” Baekhyun explained the position of the enemies on his third.

Their talk of course made Luhan, Chanyeol, and Minseok confused. They did not understand what was going on. Only Kyungsoo who had been silent with fear faces.

“What is it actually? Hey, tell us!” Said Chanyeol who are getting annoyed because he did not understand at all what really happened.

Kai, Sehun, Chen, and Baekhyun no one answered. They only paused and glanced at each other with each other. Making Chanyeol increasingly frantic.

“Shut up, stupid giant!” Baekhyun are getting annoyed with the Chanyeol behavior. “Chen and Sehun, immediately go and bring them all to safety place. I and Kai will take care of that and Kai here.”

“Roger!” Said Chen and Sehun simultaneously.

“Kai, what did you bring?” Asked Baekhyun on Kai.

“Two gun.”

“Good. Chen, lend me your gun. I just brought a dagger.”

Chen nodded, then gave the gun to Baekhyun. Luckily he always carries two pistols if being infiltrated. Immediately after making sure everything was ready, they start moving perform each task.

Sehun and Chen immediately brought four other men away from the dangerous area. These four men could do nothing and think because they do not understand anything that was going on. Kyungsoo was yelling at Kai who was preparing to start his action.

“Do not harm yourself, babo!”

Kai smirked briefly, and then quickly ran into the night along with Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo can only follow Sehun and Chen ran towards the hostel. In his heart he prayed that Kai is being fine.

Lord, please, protect Kai…

***

“I'll take one directed at 6, behind the vending machine. Taking care of the two enemies are directed at 3, Kai.” Baekhyun explained his plan before they both moved to perform an action.

Kai nodded and took two pistols he kept his pants pocket. “Okay, hyung!”

Simultaneously they moved quickly. Kai ran fast like lightning, almost can’t be captured by the eye. When almost close to the enemies, he was hiding behind a very small dark hallway. The enemies were not yet aware of the movement of Kai, walked carefully. As they passed through the right hallway, Kai who has been getting squeezed the trigger a second head right towards the enemy.

“Bingo!” He smirked.

Baekhyun carefully stepped back towards the vending machines on the street corner. A little difficult for him to fight because he was used to being in the room, watching from behind the big screen. Cautiously, he crept up to succeed is right behind the enemy hiding behind the vending machine. He took a folding knife that he carried, placed it right on his neck.

The enemy was fear and surprised. Baekhyun was ready to rip his opponent's neck with the knife.

“Do not blame me for kill you. Blame your boss who sent you here this night. Good night, baby.”

With a quick moved, the short man had managed to rip his opponent's neck, making his fell lying with blood coming out very profusely from his neck. Baekhyun annoyed sighed when he realized that his clothes became red with blood squirts out when he tore his neck.

“That's why I do not like to fight and prefer to observe the situation of the room. But yeah, you're still a great fighter, Baekhyun.” He said to himself proudly.

When he was muttering, Kai appears before him. “Stop muttering, hyung. There are two sniper directed 2 hours.”

“Yes, I know. You do not have rifle? It's hard to shoot from a distance with a gun like this.”

Kai shook his head, and then think. “It was easy for me. Follow me, hyung!”

Kai moved quickly towards or building that is right in front of the building where the enemy is located. The darkness of the night was very profitable for them. They would be somewhat difficult to figure seen in the darkness of night. Baekhyun followed Kai, until they felt that they were at the right distance.

But the enemies were not as weak as they seem. Two shots were launched almost on Baekhyun. Make the short man swore and cursed both the sniper.

Baekhyun that upset just pointed the gun at the enemy who were there. Release the trigger and the only one shot, one of the enemies managed to sprawl.

Kai did not let go the opportunity. Before the enemy again successfully fired the trigger, the tanned-skinned man was first releasing the trigger, succeeded in making enemies lying with blood pouring out of his chest.

“Take that, little mice!” Vituperation Baekhyun still upset that he almost shot.

“Stop it, hyung. They will not hear you. Lets come back to where Kyungsoo and his friends.”

“Do not act cold in your hyung who just managed to kill enemies beautifully.”

“Yes-yes, hyung. You're the greatest. Congratulation! Now, let's go back or you're going to stay here alone? "

Baekhyun pouted. But he still followed the fast-moving Kai in the darkness of night.

***

“What really happened? Was there no one among you two are going to explain it?” Insisted Chanyeol want to know what really happened.

Fortunately, Sehun and Chen managed to bring them back to the dorm safely. As said Baekhyun, the enemy was only five and they were just there. Currently they are in the Kai and Kyungsoo’s room.

“Right! Come on tell us! Sehun, tell me!” Luhan this time also chimed asked pertinently.

“Do not shout like that, Lu, Yeol. How will they explain it as you do not stop talking.” As usual, Minseok will always mediate them.

Kyungsoo who had been sitting quietly on his bed, trying to keep a sense of worried. Again Kai was doing a dangerous thing. Although Kyungsoo knew it has become commonplace for Kai, but Kyungsoo still can’t stop worrying.

“Chen, you want to tell the truth on us, right?” Minseok asked softly on Chen.

Hearing soft question by Minseok, especially with the cute face staring at Chen, the camel dinosaur man could barely contain himself. Minseok’s face was too cute for him.

When almost let slip to say, the sudden sound of the window, Baekhyun.

“Stop asking about things you should not know!”

All eyes in the room were simultaneously turned toward the window, looked at the two men who entered through the window. Kyungsoo who viewed Kai entry, ran to hug Kai tightly after ensuring that the tanned-skinned man was fine.

“I'm home, Kyungsoo.”

“Are you okay? You're not hurt? I told you not to harm yourself, you idiot!”

“I'm fine, Soo. I also told you to learn to trust me, isn’t it?”

“Babo…” Kyungsoo hissed softly while burying his face in Kai’s chest.

“A-and-so, sorry to interrupt the intimacy you both. But here there are a lot of things I did not understand at all. Where did you two go before? And what is going on exactly? Then, Kyungsoo, I think you have to explain what happened between you and Jongin.” Luhan asked in a slightly annoyed.

Kyungsoo could only stare at Luhan weak, then change to Kai who stare silent and then just rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo sighed, not knowing what he should say.

“I-I–”

“Information is critical to you guys that I, Jongin, Sehun, and Chen are spy agents and we are here to perform our mission which is to protect your friends, Do Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun replied, his gaze sharp, very serious this time.

“But why? Why you should protect Kyungsoo? Then, why are you covered in blood like that, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol this time back asked, very excited.

“Yes, why? And why did you do that? Who are those people?” Luhan added.

Minseok can only soothe both softly patted their shoulder. He glanced at Chen who was looking confused.

Chen tried to open his mouth, “because–”

“Enough! That's all you can know. You need to know one more thing, do not ever say this to anyone. If not–” Baekhyun took his gun, directing to Kyungsoo friends who were looking at him as they fear. “You guys will not be able to see the sun in the morning and evening star in the future.”

“W-what are you–”

“Shh!” Kai tried to make Kyungsoo remain calm.

Sehun glanced at Kai who also glance, they looked at each other until then Sehun whispered to Kai. “He started it again.”

Kai could only shook his head and said, “let him.”

Chen, who could not bear to see the third Kyungsoo’s friend who was staring at Baekhyun with fear, trying to stop the rude attitude of Baekhyun.

“Stop, Baek. You make them afraid.”

Baekhyun grinned, “I'm just doing my mission.”

“You're being redundant. I'm sure they would not say anything.”

Baekhyun did not answer, and then re-store the gun in his pocket, then turned around, preparing to step out through the window.

“I hope you know what you should do.” He said stick with cool tones on the third Kyungsoo friends. “See you, Kai. Let's go, Sehun, Chen!”

Chen and Sehun could only sigh. Sehun ran on Kai, as always embraced the tanned-skinned man and smiled cheerfully when the tanned-skinned man was ruffled his blond hair.

“See you, Kai. Take care of yourself and let me know if you need help.”

Kai smiled at his favorite junior. “Of course. Say my hello to Kris hyung.”

Sehun nodded, then turned to the red-haired man who had been afraid and put his face to hide while standing behind the giant, Chanyeol.

“See you, hyung.” Sehun said to Luhan then at the later followed Baekhyun who are preparing to go.

Chen who had been feeling a little guilty at Minseok whose face became pale after a gun mugged by Baekhyun earlier, could only smiled gently at the shorter man.

“I'm sorry, hyung. Forgive Baekhyun because he was very foolish.” He hissed immediately rewarded with Baekhyun sharp look.

“Chen!” Baekhyun shouted annoyed.

“Bye, Minseok hyung.”

“Oh yes,” Baekhyun back talked, turning on to the giant who stood at the front, trying to be protective of his friends who had been put on a face pale and frightened. “Thank you for being a gentleman. Goodbye, stupid giant.”

Within seconds, three human figures disappeared from view. Just like Kai, the three of them darted quickly in the dark of night, leaving four pairs of eyes watched them restlessly, and one pair of eyes staring at them with a sigh.

There was a pause between them for a split second until finally Minseok who started to open his voice after a pause of fear induced Baekhyun earlier.

“Maybe we should go back to our rooms.” He said, pulling both his two friends’ wrist that still did not move.

Kyungsoo nodded, a small smile on his lip. “Yeah, see you, hyung.”

The three men disappeared from sight along with the sound of Kyungsoo’s room door closed. Kyungsoo slumped on his bed, watching the tanned-skinned man who was closing the window of their room.

“I think your friends were good person.” He whispered weakly. He felt too tired to understand what just happened.

Kai opened his clothes, making Kyungsoo blushed briefly while not covering his face this time. The tanned-skinned man was changing his clothes, then walked slowly and sat right next to Kyungsoo. His hand was circular on Kyungsoo’s skinny waist.

“They're a good person, Soo. Trust me. Although Baekhyun hyung say that, but actually he is a good person. I guess he just did not want to involve your friends in this mission.”

Kyungsoo sighed heavily, his eyelids felt heavy but can’t close his eyes. He leaned his head on Kai's shoulder, trying to close his eyes. “I hope what you say is true, Kai.”

Kai smiled softly, then kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead, then lay the little man and pulled the blanket to cover Kyungsoo’s tiny body.

“You must be tired and sleepy. Go to sleep. Schools holiday from tomorrow, is not it? You have enough time to rest.”

“I do not want to make my friends involved. I do not want them to get hurt.”

“I know you do not want that to happen. As long as they can shut their mouths, I guarantee they'll be fine.”

“If there is something bad happening to them, I swear I will never forgive myself, Kai.”

“Yes, you're not going to and I know it. Now go to sleep.” Kai looked down, his face close to Kyungsoo’s face, gently kissed his forehead.

“Good night, Kyungsoo.”

“Good night, Kai.”

***

 

 

THANKS FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU GUYS! AAAA :D

Keep reading, subscribing, giving your upvotes and comments! :)

 

 

P.S : The next chapter is about XiuChen :3 Be glad to wait and read~