Seventh

A Mission To Protect You

Kyungsoo could not sleep all night until finally he decided to try to close his eyes in order to fall asleep, hoping that when he wakes up in the morning, Jongin will go back to their rooms.

Hope was hope, and Kyungsoo did not get it. The tanned-skinned man was not in the room when Kyungsoo opened his eyes. Kyungsoo felt sad. He felt guilty.

Where are you now, Jongin?

***

“Soo? Kyungsoo? Do you hear me?” Many times Luhan was waving his hand in front of Kyungsoo’s face but the man with a ​​heart-shaped lips, did not budge one bit.

Until finally after a slow clap of Chanyeol on his shoulder, he realized. “W-what?”

“What's with you? You're weird these days. This morning you didn’t touch your breakfast at all. And you just keep daydreaming during school hours.” Asked Luhan worried because he was not used to seeing Kyungsoo like this. Luhan knew there were some things going on Kyungsoo’s minds.

“Yeah, right, hyung!” Added Chanyeol. “Come on, tell us, Soo!”

Kyungsoo was not answer, just silence, trying to smile.

“Your smile is always beautiful and nice, Soo. But what we want is your story. Tell us what happened to you!” Minseok, who usually just shut up and be a mediator because he is the oldest, speaking softly while staring at Kyungsoo. A very good oldest brother for the boys.

Kyungsoo remain silent. Especially when his eye caught the existence of Joonmyeon who sitting right in front of him, he did not know what to say.

“There's nothing. I'm just a little tired.” He hissed, still holding his smile looks so forced.

“What is your problem and it concerns Jongin yesterday?” Asked Joonmyeon.

Yes! Jongin went after I politely said that I hate him! And it's all because I did not want him to suspect you!

Kyungsoo would have loved to say that to his friends, especially Joonmyeon who becomes the prime suspect. Still, Kyungsoo can’t say it.

Kyungsoo did not want to believe what Jongin said that Joonmyeon is his enemy, but he could not hold back his fears. Not that it also suspicious Joonmyeon, he only feared that one day what was Jongin’s words come true.

“There's nothing, hyung, really.”

“Then where is he? Where was Jongin be? I didn’t see him at school or in the dorm today. There must be something was going on.” Said Chanyeol, investigated in depth.

“I told you, no matter what happens. Jongin is there in our room. He did not go to school because he was sick and did not want anyone to see him. Well, I guess I have to go back to the room now. See you.”

Kyungsoo rose from his stool, took his bag, and walked out of the room at a brisk pace.

Jongin… Where are you?

***

After Kyungsoo was shouting that he hates Kai, the tanned-skinned man felt that was one part of his heart felt sick. Indeed Kai felt that he was one of anger for no apparent reason at Kyungsoo to made Kyungsoo’s wrist pain, but Kai felt that he was just doing things that he should do.

His main priority is to protect Kyungsoo. Make Kyungsoo distanced from his enemy, whoever it is.

However Kyungsoo was like refusing his protection. Kai felt disappointed and a little sore. Until finally he decided to return to the headquarters.

“Why did you come back, Kai? What’s about the target? You're leaving?” Baekhyun who was to be the only person who was in the monitoring room was attacking him with questions.

“Yes.” Kai said simply and nodded.

“Why? What happened?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“Hyung, I'm tired. Let me rest.”

“You can’t leave him, Kai. You know that our enemy that is the code name is Suho there has been infiltrated and is very close to the target. What if he suddenly attacked our target? You–”

“I will rest here tonight.”

“But Kai–”

“See you, hyung.”

Kai walked out of the room, leaving Baekhyun whose could only sigh and looked at him confused.

***

Kai was lying in his room that he missed a little bit because there he left for a mission. Yes, the mission to protect Kyungsoo. He could not sleep that night, just be staring at the ceiling, thinking about how are Kyungsoo whom he left alone.

Actually he did not want to leave Kyungsoo alone there. However Kyungsoo said that he hated Kai, and Kai felt that Kyungsoo did not want Kai to be nearby. Kai was disappointed.

When he was busy thinking about it, someone knocked on the Kai’s bedroom door.

“Kai, you in? May I come in?” Kris's voice came through the door, making Kai sat on his bed.

“Of course, hyung.”

Kris came into Kai’s room and took up positions sitting right next to Kai. “What's with you? Baekhyun said you go back a few hours ago.”

“I'm sorry because I left my mission, hyung.”

“Tell me what happened to you.”

Kai was silent. To be honest he did not want to tell anyone about this, but Kris’ eyes were looking at him makes him could not hide it. “He hates me.”

“He? Who?”

“Do Kyungsoo, our target, the person that I have to protect, hyung.” Kai hissed softly.

“Why?”

“I saw Kyungsoo was embracing our enemy, Suho. Without realizing it, I instantly felt angry and upset, then pulled away and took him away from his friends. And then he cried. He told me that I was wrong to suspect his friends. And then he said that he hates me.”

Kris who listened to the Kai’s story, a small smile, and sigh softly. He then ruffled Kai’s brown hair as he said, “it does not mean that he hates you in the bad thing, Kai. He just saddened by the attitude.”

“I know I'm wrong, hyung. It's just, I do not know why, there was a feeling of angry and upset when I saw him laughing and hugging someone. I do not know what it is, hyung.”

Kris chuckled. So innocently Kai who didn’t understand this sort of thing. “You're in love, Kai.”

Kai suddenly choked and coughed when heard the Kris’ words. “I-I do? Falling in love with him? Don’t be kidding, hyung!”

“It's like that falling in love, Kai. Feeling angry and upset when seeing our loved ones happy and laugh with others. Then, did you ever feel happy and your heart warmed at the sight of his face?”

Kai paused, his mind, recalling an incident this morning when he almost kissed Kyungsoo. “Y-yeah. I guess…”

“Well, you're in love, Kai. You fall in love.”

“Maybe, hyung. I don’t know it, well.”

Kris laughed again. His little brother who never shows his emotions on anyone eventually falls in love with the target he was supposed to protect.

“Now go to sleep. If your feelings and your heart are calm, go back there. Maybe he was worried. Return to protect him before he can never go back to you, like that person…”

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“Nothing. All right, see you, Kai.”

Kai could only stare at the departure of Kris with a smile. It was a relief after telling everything on Kris. Kris only the one who could make him felt relieved like this. Because of him, Kris is the only one who he believed and can understand him.

***

Despite all the problems on Kris told overnight, but Kai still did not want to go back to the dorm, back to the mission to protect Kyungsoo. Kris said that Kai fell in love. And Kai still do not dare to stare back at Kyungsoo.

He wondered what is being done by Kyungsoo now. Was he crying because of worrying of Kai?

He hates you, Kai…

Kyungsoo whiny, crying easily, at least that's what Kai knew after getting to know him. But Kai can be a little relieved and not worried about Kyungsoo. Last night, after a conversation with Kris, Kai met Baekhyun. Asked him to keep an eye on the school grounds as long as he was not there. And so far, there has been no sign of danger from Baekhyun.

To clear his mind that is screwed because of Kyungsoo , Kai finally decided to spend the whole day in the gym, practicing and shooting. Just the way that occurred to Kai to refresh his mind.

One shot, two, three, and finally managed a shot on the fifth board right into the target. Yes, Kai is a sniper. Without seeing any, he can feel where the target is located.

When preparing to shoot back, the door was open with haste, making Kai turned to find out what happened.

Sehun was standing right in front of the door, catching his breath after sprinting, then finally spoke.

“Into the monitoring room now, Kai. Hurry, It’s an emergency.” Said him panting.

Kai quickly ran into the monitoring room and followed Sehun who first ran in front of him. When he got there, everyone was already assembled there. Tao, Baekhyun, Lay, Chen, and even Kris.

“What happened, hyung?” Asked Kai on Baekhyun who was busy staring at his screen.

“Go back to the dorm, Kai. Kyungsoo is in danger.”

“W-what?”

***

 

It's already the seventh chapter~ Keep reading and don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and comments :) Thank you~