Eighth

A Mission To Protect You

Kyungsoo could not stand on it anymore. He was determined to find where Jongin are now. Yes, tonight Kyungsoo was ready to come out of his room, wearing his brown coat, he tried to get out of the room. But only one step out, Jongin’s words rang in his brain.

“And I remind you, don’t get out of this room a single step. Stay here and don’t go anywhere until I get back.”

            Remembering Jongin’s words making he was hesitate to step out. His mind was messed up. His heart told him to stay, but his body said otherwise.

“Don’t do trouble for my mission, Do Kyungsoo.”

! Kyungsoo cursed inwardly.

Why dwell on it? You have to look for him and apologize, Kyungsoo!

In consideration, Kyungsoo finally decided to step out of his room without hesitation.

“I wish I could find you, Jongin.” He hissed as he ran out.

Kyungsoo walk around the school grounds. He continued to watch around, hoping Jongin will appear until he can go back to sleep soundly in his room. Kyungsoo knew he should not go out at night. Jongin said it was very dangerous. Many enemies are after him. He himself did not know why he was targeted. Is that concerned with his past?

Kyungsoo was unconscious and did not know that there was someone who was watching him from a short distance away with him. From that distance, the man was ready to press the trigger gun and pointed it at Kyungsoo.

When Kyungsoo eventually have to be within his shouting target, the trigger was ready to be released. And,

“WATCH OUT!”

BANG!

Kyungsoo shocked when he heard the sound of the gun and when someone shouted at him. Someone pulled his hand, took him to running away from the shooting range, hiding in one of the empty classroom, in the dark of night.

Kyungsoo tried to pay attention to the person who pulled him. Brown hair, tanned-skinned, the black suits. Yes, it was Jongin. Reflexes, Kyungsoo cried.

“Jo-Jongin? You're…back?”

***

“W-what?” Kai cried out in surprise, his voice rising. Only this time he let slip talk like that. Everyone in the room was staring at him.

“You see this screen. Enemy’s signal was already inside the school. Only one enemy but unfortunately, signal of the presence of Kyungsoo also very close to him. Kyungsoo was not in his room. He moved out, Kai.” Baekhyun explained, while his hands were busy fiddling with the computer.

“Damn! I have to go now!” And he said, while in a hurry.

“Kai, wait!” Kris called him, making Kai stopped.

Kai paused, looked at Kris, waiting for him to speak again.

“Protect him well and finish your mission!”

“Of course, hyung.”

Kai immediately ran at full speed toward the school. Kai could not understand why Kyungsoo was being so stupid. Kai had not been told Kyungsoo to not to step out of his room when he was not there. Kai did not think that Kyungsoo would be in such desperate.

When Kai finally got to the front gate of the school, he carefully slipped into the school area. He continued to move quickly to the location where Kyungsoo’s now that sent to him by Baekhyun.

Unfortunately, the enemy already knew where Kyungsoo is. When the enemy had pointed the gun at Kyungsoo, Kai moved quickly toward Kyungsoo, hugged him and tried to dissuade him from gunfire.

“WATCH OUT!” He screamed.

BANG!

The bullet was successfully fired. Kai felt the pain on right arm. The bullet managed to scrape up Kai's arm blood flow out.

Damn!

Ignoring the pain, he pulled Kyungsoo’s wrist and ran, brought him to one of the empty classrooms. Kai caught his breath, trying to forget the pain.

“Jo-Jongin? You're…back?” Said Kyungsoo who looked at him while crying.

Kai stared at Kyungsoo, he was relieved that Kyungsoo was fine. Then he reached into a small bag of something in his waist, took a piece of white cloth and tied it on a bloody arm.

“W-wait… You’re bleeding?”

“Yeah. I'm fine. Are you okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded, staring at Kai and then still crying. Seeing the injured Jongin added him to made him cried.

“Don’t cry Soo.” Kai whispered softly, wiping away Kyungsoo’s tears. Kai did not want to see that face was crying again. “I'm sorry.”

“I should be asking for forgiveness, Jongin. I should have done things you've asked, and dwell in the waiting room. I–”

Kai hugged Kyungsoo, making Kyungsoo’s face was on his chest. “Calm down. I'm fine, Soo.”

Kyungsoo did not know what he felt. His face flushed with embarrassment, but he felt warm in the arms of Kai. “You're not okay, babo.”

Kai chuckled. He let go of his arms on Kyungsoo, then looked at Kyungsoo gently. He was grateful to finally Kyungsoo stopped to crying.

“Now you just wait here and do not go anywhere. I'm going to finish this quickly.”

Kyungsoo hold Kai’s wrist. “Please don’t go. Don’t harm yourself.”

“Trust me. I'm strong, you know.” Kai whispered as he scrambled Kyungsoo’s hair, making the little man flushed with embarrassment. “Well, I should go now. Remember, don’t go anywhere.”

Kyungsoo could only stare at Jongin’s back. Reminded when first he learned Jongin was a spy agent.

Dear God, please protect him…

***

Kyungsoo awakened from sleep because the sun rays coming through his bedroom window. Yes, Kyungsoo now in his room. Kyungsoo did not know what happened last night after Jongin leave him alone in the classroom.

Jongin? Oh no!

Kyungsoo woke up, sat up in his bed. He saw the whole room and did not find the figure of the tanned-skinned male. He stood up and walked to the bathroom, hoping that Jongin be there. Without hesitation he opened the door.

The result is nothing. Jongin was no matter where in the room. He wondered where did the stupid man. Kyungsoo was increasingly concerned especially considering that last night Jongin’s arm wounded by a bullet fired by someone overnight.

When he was at the peak of the confusion and fear, suddenly the bedroom door opened. Kyungsoo sighed of relief when he saw a figure of a tanned-skinned male was standing in the doorway with two bowls containing hot soup.

“Looking for me?” Jongin smiled.

“No, babo. Where have you go?”

“Cafetaria. I bring you this warm soup.” Jongin walked in and then handed him a bowl of soup. “Eat it.”

Kyungsoo who still paid attention to the condition of the Jongin’s body carefully, he received a bowl of soup. “How's your arm? Are you okay?”

“Of course.”

“I'm sorry because of me so you're–”

“Don’t blame yourself. A little injury like this is nothing for me.”

“But if I don’t go out that night, you're not going to be like this.” Kyungsoo bowed his head, back tears.

“I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. Sorry to worry you because I went without saying anything.”

Heard an apology from Jongin which sounding sincere, make Kyungsoo could not help crying. And he began to cry. Not painful cried, but cried happy and relieved.

Kai was confused when he looked that Kyungsoo cried, immediately he put the soup and embraced Kyungsoo to stop crying. The only way he could think of and deemed effective to stop the crying Kyungsoo.

“You really like a cry-baby. You like to cry, huh?”

Kyungsoo was crying in the Kai’s chest, reflexively hitting his injured right arm. Making Kai was screaming and in pain.

“I-I'm sorry. I did not mean. Are you okay?” Kyungsoo immediately worried again after hearing Jongin’s screamed who groan in pain.

Kai was his arm pain, and said, “never mind. I'm fine. Now stop crying and eat, then go shower. You look bad, you know.”

Kyungsoo pouted. Then began to eat his soup. Kai could only stare at Kyungsoo with a smile of relief.

“There’s no school today. What would you do?” Asked Kai after finished to eating the soup.

Kyungsoo which also have finished to eating his soup, then think. “I want to get out. Going outside.”

Kai’s expression looked so hesitated when he heard Kyungsoo. Seeing Jongin’s face that seemed did not allow him to come out, Kyungsoo talked again.

“I-if it's dangerous, it may be better forget it.”

Kai shook his head, “no. The enemy will not move during the day, you know. Anyway, I'll protect you.”

Kyungsoo face reddened like tomatoes. He smiled brightly. “O-okay then.”

“Now go shower.”

“A-alright.”

***

 

 

UHOOO The eighth chapter here~ The next chapter is about Kai and Kyungsoo's date!

Thanks for all the subscribers and comments>o< I love you guys~ Keep reading :)