Twenty Sixth

A Mission To Protect You

“Ugh…”

After a couple of hours to fall asleep because of fainting, the man with the heart-shaped lips woke up with pain in the head and stomach. Seen around the room where he was asleep before carefully. When he tried to move his hands, he could not. His hands cuffed to the wall, making it unable to move.  

“You’re awake, my dear Kyunggie?”

“Let me go, Yongguk!”

Kyungsoo’s round eyes wide and stared hatefully at Yongguk. For a moment he regretted ever thought that Yongguk has turned into a better person, but it turns out that the blonde becomes more evil than he expected.

Yongguk was laughing out loud as he walked up to Kyungsoo who just sat there in handcuffs. He gently Kyungsoo’s cheek and said, “Did not you yourself who had come on us, baby?”

“Where are Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung?! You’ve got me! You have to let them go!” Said Kyungsoo who was trying to turned away so as Yongguk did not touch him.

“Sorry dear, but at the behest of leader, we can not let go of them easily because if we release them, they will say where is our headquarters and where we lock up you. We do not want that to happen.” Yongguk grinned.

“You’re a liar! You’re lying to me! I hate you!” Kyungsoo was revolt, continued to shout in disgust.

Yongguk kept screaming and laughing at Kyungsoo’s upset. For him, this time Kyungsoo look cuter.

“If Kai come and save me, he would have to kill you!”

Hearing his brother’s name, Yongguk originally had intended to leave Kyungsoo, turned around and stared at the tiny man with a sharp. “Kai you say? You think I’m as weak as he was to be killed by him so easily?”

“Yes! Kai can kill you!”

“Very funny, Kyunggie. If so, we’ll see, who will eventually died.” Yongguk smirked, then turned away to leave Kyungsoo who looked at him in disgust.

Kai, come quickly!

***

“We’re here.” Said Kris, who led the trip.

After a long run and short passing fight, Kris, Kai, Lay, Tao, Chen, and Sehun finally reached the enemy base. They have not been in front of the headquarters of the enemy openly because now they’re hiding behind the big trees to lurk and observe the condition of the enemy base before attacking.  

In terms of numbers, they are far less likely. But in terms of power, they are confident and assured that all those who have been doing training since childhood will not lose easily from weak enemies.  

“Baekhyun, we’ve arrived in front of the headquarters of the enemy.” Said Kris who was being contacted Baekhyun of communication equipment.

“Yes, hyung, I know. You have received a map of the location of the enemy base instead? Follow the red mark there, Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Minseok there. Be careful.”

“Yes, thank you, Baekhyun.”

After closing the conversation with Baekhyun, Kris gestured at Lay to release a grenade and throw it at the enemy base large gate. Once the distance they are quite safe and not affected by the blast, Lay threw the grenade and quite successfully and effectively to make the big gates open.

“The mission begins.” Kris said as he gestured for immediate entry.

***

On the other side…

Yongguk lifted Kyungsoo’s chin, making the little man looked up and locked eyes with him.

“So, Kyunggie baby, tell me where your father was hiding the secret weapon!”

Kyungsoo did not answer, he tried to close his mouth covered as much as possible. It definitely makes Yongguk upset.

“Say it and make this easy, Kyunggie! I do not want to hurt you!” Yongguk increasingly annoyed when Kyungsoo even turned away, did not staring at all Yongguk.

“I’m not going to say anything to you!” Kyungsoo finally opened his mouth.

Yongguk was already very upset, raised his hand about to slap Kyungsoo’s face hard. But a very big voice makes it stalled.

BANG!

“Intruders! Intruders! Immediately go to the gate!”

Sound from the speakers of the room made Yongguk sidetracked. A smirk on his lips. “Finally they came.” He grinned.

Kyungsoo eyes widened hear the sound from the speakers. He seems to know who the intruders are. Instantly he imagined the face of a tanned-skinned man whom he wants to save his arrival.

Kai? Finally you came. He hissed silently relieved.

Yongguk moved, stood still with his terrible smirk. “If you do not want to say anything, I’ll make you say when you see the man you loved was killed in front of you, Kyunggie baby.”

Hearing this threat, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. But a moment later, he even smiled sarcastically. “You think you can so easily kill Kai? He was not a weak man, as you imagine, you idiot!”

“We’ll see, who would eventually die. I hope you do not regret saying it.”

Kyungsoo wanted to reply, but he did not reply to his words at all. That was on his mind at this time is the figure of his favorite tanned-skinned man.

I hope you are not endangering yourself too much, Kai.

***

Right after the explosion, Kris gave command to Kai, Lay, Chen, Sehun, and Tao to immediately enter into their enemies headquarters through the slit open with a big explosion. But they are not so easy to move because when they enter, some of the enemies were in before they were ready with their weapons which lead to Kai and his friends.

But it is easy for them because they can easily escape from the advancing fire and reply to make the enemies lying helpless. They resumed their pace, enters the headquarters of the corridor hallways were quite long.

Entering the hall enemy bases is not easy as entering their own headquarters corridor because every few steps and a few turns, the enemies will appear quite troublesome due to the rapid fire attack.

“Sehun, Chen, follow two red mark on the map the location of Baekhyun sent to you. Based on the analysis of Baekhyun, there is a place where Luhan and Minseok held. Save them and be careful.”

“Good!” Obediently, Sehun and Chen rushed away immediately following the red mark on their demonstrated Kris.

Kris, Kai, Tao, and Lay resumed their steps carefully while continuing to pay attention to the point that the enemy locations are shown on their watches. Fourth tough man entered a room where a man’s stature is not too large, the size of him as small as Kyungsoo stood staring at them with a complete weapon, a pistol in each hand and a long sword on his back.

Kris enlarged eyes staring at him, and said softly, “Su-ho?”

Suho grin. “Long time no see you, Yifan.”

Kris paused for a moment to hear the greeting from Suho with his original name, but then he woke up and stared back at his three colleagues were also silent waiting for the cue from him. “Kai, Tao, Lay, continue your steps. Let me take care of here.”

Kai, Tao, and Lay stared at each other but did not say a single question. They obey Kris and then ran out of the room.

“So, want to talk with me?” Ask Kris seeks calm as possible. Behold how he could calm if the male that had appeared before him he missed again and Kris knew, Suho hate him so much.

“There’s nothing to be discussed, Yifan. Finish this quickly. Me or you will die today.”

“I do not want to kill you, do not even want to fight with you.” Kris sighed heavily. “I’m sorry about that. About uncle’s death–”

Hear the words of Kris, Suho anger overflowed. He raged. He drew a long sword on his back and ran towards Kris. But Kris is not as weak as it is. Fortunately he is because he also carries a long sword that he’d been on his back wrap.

Sound of swords clashing sounds loud enough sharpness in a room that only contains two people who were looking at each other. They fight with each other, a sword fight with equal speed and agility. There is talk in the sword fight between them.

“Listen to me, Suho!”

“I do not want to hear anything from you!”

“On the death of uncle–”

“YOU WHO KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED MY FATHER!”

“It’s because he died to protect me but you have to know something, Suho! The message conveyed uncle to me for you!”

Suho was increasingly berserk. Flash of his sword intensified, the faster, make fewer Kris trouble. Kris is not as weak as it is. As an organizational leader best spy agency, he would have to be a strong fighter and leader. Then with a flash of the sword, he managed to make a sword in Suho’s hand and fell apart. He kicked the sword as far as possible to Suho no longer have any weapons in his hand, he was cornered and cornered in a wall. His back was against the wall.

When Suho was trying to take his hand in his pocket pistol, Kris’s sword was right in his neck, his eyes widened. Then he said softly. “Kill me, Yifan.”

Kris shook his head, “no, Suho. I will not kill you. I want you to know what your father want to say to you.”

And their eyes met, looked at each other and circle back memories of the past in their minds.

***

10 years ago…

Kid Kris 10-year-old ran over backwards. Gasping for breath, his head occasionally looked back, saw the far greater stature than he was running toward him.

At a very young age, Kris got the first mission to spy on a large house which was subjected to the organization. But Kris failed his mission to infiltrate. As a result, he is currently running from the mansion guards who wanted to arrest him.

“Toward here, Yifan!” Shouting someone making him turned and ran towards the man.

“Uncle!” Shouts Kris, his smile appeared and began to cover his relief.

A man about 30 years old stood and waved to him, after then ran with Kris. Every now and then the man opened fire on those who pursue Kris earlier.

Fortunately, they can run fast so separated from the pursuit of these people. They hid in a small alley which is very dark, especially when it’s late day, add to their advantage so that the people who had chased the trouble to find them.

“I failed, uncle. I’m so sorry.” Kris hiss as he bowed his head. He felt very weak and foolish at this time. He blamed himself for to be a weak and can not only to infiltrate alone. “It turns out I’m not that strong, uncle.”

The man smiled, he patted Kris’ head gently and said, “you’re not weak, Yifan. Lift your head and smile with pride.”

“I’m embarrassed to go back to base. My father must have disappointed me.”

“Trust me, he will not be disappointed in you. Instead, he would be proud and commend your work.”

“But I failed a mission, uncle.”

“Do not worry about it, Yifan. Failure is the beginning of success. Nothing is perfect in this world. Moreover, this is your first mission. Make this lesson so that you no longer experience a failure. Do you understand?” His uncle smiled at Kid Kris.

Hear the words of his uncle, Kris’ smile slowly appeared. But when he was about to say thank you to his uncle, the sound of pistol shots rang out, making his eyes wide.

BANG!

The bullet lodged right in the heart of his uncle, making the man fell down. Kris’ eyes dilated, his tears flowed when he see his beloved uncle fell helpless with blood pouring out.

“UNCLE!” Kris yelled.

His eyes saw a male figure in black who stood holding the gun right at the end of the alley. He was the man who releases the bullet that lodged in his uncle’s heart. Kris accumulate anger, emotions peaked. He reached into his pocket, took a pistol that he had and pointed it at the man.

Kris is 10 years old today. But his greatness and brilliance that makes selected for a mission at such a young age. Especially when emotions peaked, then with one shot, he managed to break the bullet that made the man’s head is hollow.

After successfully killing three people after him, which makes his uncle was shot, approached his uncle Kris back. The tears flow, felt sad and scared if his uncle could not survive due to loss of blood.

Kris’d been trying to contact his headquarters, asking for help to come soon so that they can bring his uncle lying.

“Hurry up and come here! I sent the coordinates of its location! Uncle Leetuk was being shot! Immediately come here!” Kris is busy talking on his communication tool.

Suddenly, his hand was holding by the hand of his uncle. Kris turned, still with tears.

“You do not need to call them, Yifan. Uncle will not last long.” Uncle’s voice was hoarse. Gasping breath.

“Do not talk like that, uncle! I will not let you die! Suho was waiting for you!”

“N-never mind, Yifan. It is useless. The bullet penetrated almost on my heart, I would run out of blood. N-now listen to uncle. Uncle want you to pass this message on Suho.”

“W-what is it, uncle?”

“Be good, strong, tough, and unbeatable. Believe in yourself and keep trying. I love you.” Said uncle with panting. “Tell it to him.”

“W-well, uncle. Definitely I will tell! Hang on a minute, uncle!”

“Yifan…”

Kris turned around, he tried to hold back tears.

“Please keep Joonmyeon. I leave Suho at you.” At the same sentence, uncle last breath.

Kris eyes dilated, he shake the body began to stiffen it, but there are no results. No more movement. Kris screamed loudly.

“UNCLE!!!!!”

***

“That’s what uncle wants to say to you.” Said Kris weak.

Slowly but surely, Suho’s tears were pouring out of his eyes. After heard the story, he felt sad. But on the one hand, he was very happy to hear the last words of his father. He remembered once when he learned that his father died and he knew that his father died of a shot during a mission to help Kris, he became hated Kris and all colleagues at the agency. That’s why he went and disappeared, to enter into his spy organization that now.  

Kris saw the tears that began to come out, put his sword back and wrapped it back to his back. He gently hugged him as he gently rubbed his back, trying to calm him down.

“M-my father told it to me?” Suho was crying.

Kris nodded. “I want to tell you that but after your father’s funeral, you disappeared. When I knew you were coming into the organization that became the mortal enemy of our organization, I feel sad and guilty. I’m sorry, Suho. Maybe it’s cause I’m killing uncle.”

“No, Yifan. My father was such a man. He is a very kind-hearted, even too good. Hearing the last words, I know that’s its nature. It was not your fault. I’m sorry for blaming you.”

Kris smiled softly. “Will you come back with me?”

Little doubt read from Suho’s eyes on Kris. But he tried to ward off the doubts. Then he nodded with a smile. “Sure.”

Kris smiled. “Welcome back, Suho.”

***

 

 

 

 

Hello readers~ This is the twenty sixth chapter. And well, after this chapter I will be on a hiatus for a week due to my final test that I will face at this monday. Please support me and pray for my luck. And please keep waiting and reading and also supporting this fanfic well. 

Thanks for all of you who keep reading and subscribing, even give me your upvotes and comments. Those were really make me felt so glad. Thankyou. :)

See you on the next chapter~