True Feelings

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

It was nothing like I had imagined. How could I? Half a year ago, I wouldn't have even believed I'd be somewhere like this. The conference hall was a long rectangular room with a platform at the far right. Behind the long white table was the promotional image of You and I. On the table, ten water bottles and ten mikes stood perfectly segmented. The black cord of the microphones coiled and entangled around each other at the bottom of the platform, tucked in underneath the starch white hem of the stage border. Biting my lip, I peeked behind the main door, counting the number of seats in front of the stages. Noisy and crowded, more then half of the reporters were already sitting down, typing away on their laptops. Look towards the very left of the room, several video cameras of all sizes blinked away, on stand by. 

Sighing softly, I closed the door, unsure if I could do this. Realizing that I was falling back into old habits, I shook my head, determined to try my best. I had to. Everyone was counting on, especially my mother. "2 minutes everyone!" Mr. Yong announced, telling us to line up in seating order. Taking in a last breath, I glanced at my reflection in the mirror doing last minute checks when Joori came up from behind, smiling warmly. " You look beautiful, don't worry." Holding my hands, she had a curious expression that I couldn't determine. 

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried. Shaking her head, she hugged me tightly, putting her chin against my shoulder. " Common Joori… What is it?" I say, chuckling at her sudden embrace. " I'm just happy Unnie. I'm happy to see that you're finally going to debut." Thinking of when I first met Joori, I began to see how much she has matured. " Ok ok girls, let's save the hugs and kisses till' after the conference." Mr. Yong jokes as Youngmin takes my side. Kwangmin besides him, I bit my lip wondering again if I had did something to make him upset. 

"Thank you everyone for waiting. The press conference will now begin." Mr. Kang's voice silenced the chatter behind the opening doors as my mother appeared first among the reporters. Showered with flashing lights of cameras, one by one we took our seats on top of the raised platform. Now in the center of the room, I could really see everyone's faces and their large shiny eyes, eager to flood use with questions. Once the introductions were finished, Yoojin spoke first. " Thank you for all coming. it has been ages since I last had a press conference, I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty now." She joked as the room filled with chuckles. 

Youngmin's point of view

Perhaps its was because Hayoung was here, I was nervous. Press conferences has been something I've grown used to but now… my palms were damp and my heart was thumping as loud as when I first debuted. Debut. Today was Hayoung's debut. After this conference, her face will be everywhere on the papers and news. Even though I should be happy for her, I couldn't help but feel worried. This was a new world for her, even though she's gifted, it wasn't too long ago when she was living in the country. Now suddenly being thrown into this life, I just hoped that she would be able to fight against the pressure. 

What was I say?…. This was Hayoung… strong willed and determined Hayoung that does her best on anything. Staring at her, I smiled. Catching my gaze, her bright brown eyes twinkle as she smiled back. Secretly I silently spoke the words " good luck" as she nodded. "Is that… Shin In-Shi?" Kwangmin whispers, a puzzling look of shock on his face. 

Kwangmin's point of view

Glancing at Marie, she confirmed my theories as she smirked of an unknown triumph. This must have been what she meant. Even though I knew Marie was cunning and deceptive, I had to give her credit for having such a supporter wrapped around her finger. Shin In-Shi, top gossip reporter of Korea Weekly was sitting at the  back row, his assistant besides him clicking away on his camera…who else was playing her henchman? 

Clenching my fist, my brain was skimming through ideas of what to do. As every moment passes, Marie was closer to telling the entire public Hayoung's serious. " New Idol: Na Hayoung, the illegitimate child of Han Yoo Jin." I shivered at the word illegitimate as I imagined the next day's paper headings. I had to do something…but what!

"As the first long MV ever done by Boyfriend, we changed the concept of fresh and lovely to a more darkly romantic. With the new appearances, we hope to show a new side of Boyfriend as being not just gentle pretty boys but charismatic lovers." Yoo Jin explained the new concept when several hands raised. " Is it appropriate to have such a serious concept for members that are still in high school?" Chuckling, Yoo Jin glanced at us before answering. "When it comes to love, the age of a person does not matter, in fact… rather then being too young, I believe it is when you are in high school you truly experience what it is to be in love, and what it is to be heartbroken. Are you telling me that you have never cried over an unrequited love in past?" Using the fact that the reporter was a woman, Yoo Jin smiled as the lady sat back down. 

" As I was saying…" She began again. " Not only is today's press conference about the comeback of Boyfriend's new album, but also it is to introduce a new idol's debut." The reporters straightened up, anxious of the mysterious girl that caused a tsunami over the entertainment industry. " Seventeen year old Na Hayoung will debut as HANA." 

Hayoung's point of view

Suddenly all eyes were on me. Startled, I blinked unsure what to do. Fidgeting, my chest began to hum when another report raised his hand. After a moment, I cleared my throat, finding my voice. " Y-….yes?" I said, surprisingly clear. " Is it true that you will join Ms. Han Yoo Jin's agency?" Nodding, I spoke. " I am inexperienced and have much to learn but I hope that with Ms. Han Yoo Jin's knowledge and the acceptance of the netizens, I will be able to please the public. This opportunity, Im not sure how I was able to receive it but I am graceful nonetheless and plan to do my best." 

After what seemed  to be forever of ask questions and answering, the press conference was coming to a close. " Now if everyone has asked their questions, the conference will now end." Mr. Yong announced. Suddenly, Marie rose from her seat. " I have something to say," Everyone became silent as they stared at Marie. "….regarding Hayoung and her moth-." 

" I LOVE HER!" Again everyone's eyes shifted to Kwangmin, who was now standing, leaning over his chair. Wide eyed, my mouth dropped unsure of what just happened.