Engraved

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

Like promised, I recognized a black mercedes rolling into view by the dorm. I grabbed my coat, exiting the lobby. I hesitantly looked at the suspicious luxury car park in front of me. I sighed, breaking every safety rule in the book. I regretfully  entered the car.

………………………………..

Kwangmin's point of view

Jogging in the chilly weather, I tied my bangs back from my face, looking around the almost empty parking lot. I was about to enter the back door when I notice Hayoung exist the lobby, buttoning her coat. "Ha-" I stopped when she glanced behind her, then entering the black car. I bit my lip, wondering where she was going.

…………………………………

Hayoung's point of view

Finally the silence was broken when we arrived at a huge house, still decorated with christmas lights. In awe, I thanked the driver nonchalantly, gazing at the rows of expensive, colorful cars parked in the front. I carefully stepped around, maneuvering my way to the front door. Large, detailed, white doors held a bronze knocker as I nervously pulled it back, letting it collide with the wood. I flinched at the noise, when a familiar man in black, wearing sunglasses came into view. I raised an eyebrow, wondering where I had seen him.

"Na Hayoung?" He asked dully. I nodded, still nervous. He stepped aside, letting me in the sumptuous home. Marble and white wood covered the entire interior. Except for a few splashes of color, everything was silver and gold, accented by mirrors. I looked around, feeling out of place. "Please wait here." He gestured at the enormous couch by the fireplace. As he left, I began to let my eyes wander, curious of all the trinkets and the awards in the vast glass cabinet. "She's incredible, isn't she." I said, amazed at what kind of women Mr. Yoo-Jin was.

"Thank you." A women in a black, smiled. I flinched, surprised by Han Yoo-Jin's sudden appearance. I immediately stood up, greeting her shyly. She patted my arm as she sat on the armchair besides me, her legs crossed elegantly. She really was a beautiful women. 

Her long blonde hair was braided, hanging gently at her side. Her large brown eyes complimented her pale face like a doll. I stared in awe, when a elderly women gently placed a tray of sweets and a pot of tea down on the silver coffee table.

"Please, make your self at home." Forcing myself to calm down, I sipped some of the warm liquid, pleased at the taste. "Do you like it? I had it shipped from Indonesia a few days ago. It's a very popular flower tea that is very soothing and good for the voice." I nodded, enchanted by the scent. 

She placed the cup down, her expression now serious. "Have you decided?" I bit my lip guiltily that I had denied such kindness but…it wasn't for me. "Yes, I have." I said, trying to keep my voice from wavering. Her eyes brightened, intrigued. "I….will have to decline your offer." I felt myself sunk a little. Her expression was dim, the light in her eyes disappearing.

"Is…that so?" Her voice was empty. "I do not have an interest in being famous…I am sorry." She looked away, her hand resting on her chin. "Could you tell me why?" I flustered, taken aback. "Well…" I began to think of the twins...

"Is it because of them?" She asked, now gazing at me. My eyes widened, surprised. "E-Excuse me?" She smiled softly. "I have seen the way you look at the Jo twins. You love them, don't you?" I blushed, embarrassed. "I.." I didn't know what to say. "Is that why you decided to stay? To be by their side?" I clenched my fists, anxious.

"Yes." I answered honestly, staring at her dark brown eyes. She stood up slowly, walking towards the grand piano, gently touching the surface. I studied her, perplexed. She suddenly grinned, facing me. "A long time ago, on this piano, someone I knew engraved their name on the side. At first, I was upset but do you want to know what that child said?" She gestured me to come towards her. I walked carefully, confused at what she was trying to do.

"That child said…"This piano is like my heart. If I write my name on it, no one can take it away from me." She laughed gently but her expression was pained. I glanced at the letters as she uncovered it from her hand. I gasped in disbelief.  

Na Hayoung