Just For You

Our Love Story

 

(Dear Readers, Unfortunately Minho Oppa had to leave for his tour in America with the rest of Shinee after the Centennial Performance, so he will not be present for a while, but don't worry! He will appear once again :) " 

 

Kwangmin's point of view

Her hand was tiny against mine. I blushed, acknowledging my boldness. Even so... even if it was just for a few minutes, I wanted her be close to me. My cheeks were boiling and reddening. I thanked the darkness of the night for concealing my flushed face. Surprisingly she didn't pull away, she stood very still, looking towards the water. I smiled gently...Thank you.

..................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

It still seemed strange to me. If I were someone else, I wouldn't have believed it...that idol twins Youngmin and Kwangmin liked me. I was satisfied enough just admiring them from afar as a fan but my life had somehow entangled into theirs and now they were fighting for my love?

It just didn't make sense. I wasn't a celebrity, I wasn't beautiful...yet they still accepted me as I was. There hasn't been a day where I haven't wondered what I should do. At times like these, the moral "listen to your heart" seemed fitting but it was my heart that made me this confused. This anxious....

.................................................................

I placed the cases of sodas on the wooden table, still flustered. I looked at Kwangmin in the distance, separated by the sliding windows. He was fumbling with the streamers and tape, getting it stuck in his hair. I laughed as I came inside the house, towards him. "Stay still." I told him, carefully picking at the adhesive tape. It was silent as I concentrated on detaching his hair from the sticky mess.

His hair was so soft. It shined a light golden brown under the kitchen lights as I observed it closely for the first time.

"Ah! Got it!" I smiled, waving the tape at him then throwing it away. He rubbed his neck, relieved. "Th..Thank you." His face was rosy. I grabbed the roll of tape and put it in his hands. I stood on a stool, carefully standing up, almost touching the ceiling. "I can do-" I cut him off, unrolling the silver streamer. "Your too tall Kwangmin-shi." I leaned forward, about to place the ribbon into place, when the chair rocked unstably. I gasped as I felt my feet slip. "Watch out!" 

I shut my eyes, anticipating the hard floor. Suddenly, instead of the ground, I was greeted by something soft. I opened my eyes cautiously. Kwangmin was laying on the floor, his hands on my waist. I was on top of him, his head between my arms. I froze. His face was so close to mine. My legs between his were trembling. He stared at me, wide eyed. 

.............................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

Ba-thump.......Ba-thump...Ba-thump..Ba-thump. Ba-thump.Ba-thump.

My heart went to hyper drive. She was pressed against me tightly as I stared into her shocked eyes. My muscles wouldn't move. I was paralyzed under her gaze. Abruptly, she twitched, as if coming back to life. "S-Sorry!" Her face inches from mine. I bit my lip, overwhelmed. 

The door suddenly swung open, pouring in the members and Youngmin like a tsunami. Jaws dropped instantaneously. Joori screamed, excited. "Hayoung?!"

She swiftly sprung up, incredibly jumping back several feet. "It's not what it looks like!" She pleaded. Donghyun and Hyun Seong cheered, mimicking a more version of what they saw. Suddenly realizing what they were doing, they pushed each other away. "What the hell man?" Dong Hyun complained. Hyun Seong scoffed. "You came onto me first." Dong Hyun laughed exageratedly. "AS IF! You wanna get thrown out again? Aishh!" He threatened Hyun Seong with a raised fist and gridded teeth. Hyun Seong flinched then groaned in annoyance. They must have still felt awkward because of the christmas party.

I blushed crimson as Joori exploded with false conclusions. I stared at Youngmin. He bite his lip, trying to hide his pained expression. 

...........................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

After finally calming Joori down, I managed to explain what happened. Still doubtful, she raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure it wasn't anything? You guys even kisse-" I covered desperately, looking towards Youngmin. It's not like that! Don't misunderstand!

He averted his eyes away from me. I felt a pain in my chest.  

..........................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I ran to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Panting, I held my speeding chest. This was too much!

Her body still lingered on me like a vivid memory. I groaned, cursing silently for being a raging teenager in adolescence. I trembled, still feverish. Crap!

........................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I was annoyed, pissed off, upset, jealous, angry...everything rolled into one. Even though I felt like punching Kwangmin a thousand times, I was mostly irritated at myself.

I couldn't do anything. I couldn't complain. I couldn't get mad at her...because she wasn't mine. I hated that others saw her the same why I did. I hated that my brother loved her. I felt the jealousy exploding the more I began to understand how helpless I was. I sighed, drowning Dong Hyun hyung and Hyun Seong's infuriating bickering. I gazed at Hayoung through the window, clicking my tongue. "You don't even know how I feel..." I pouted.

She clumsily reached for a plate on the shelf, tippy toeing. I wanted to to help her. Quickly, I threw the thought away. "No! Your suppose to be mad!" I nodded, reassuring myself. But I really want to...

.......................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I couldn't concentrate. I kept glazing at Youngmin's back from the screen door. His blond hair was glowing under the patio lights. I bit my lips, anxious.

Please don't be upset.

Cutting the vegetables on the shaky chopping board, I sliced quickly, my thoughts elsewhere. "Ah!" I cried out, flinching. I gulped at the dripping blood from my palm. Secretly, I wrapped the wound with a paper towel. The blood began to spread out on the white napkin. "Hayoung, are you-" I hid my hand behind my back from Youngmin. "What was that sound?" He stepped closer. I scooted back nervously. If he saw that I cut my hand, it would only fuel his anger.

.........................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

"Ah!" I snapped my head up, sitting up on the grass. I observed through the window at Hayoung, hunched over. Without thinking, I ran into the house. "Hayoung, are you?" She quickly faced me, panic painted on her face. "What was that sound?" I asked, suspicious. She shook her head, biting her lip. I walked towards her as she stepped back. I glanced at the counter, at the drops of red liquid. I widen my eyes at the blood. Pulling her hand away from her back, she winced in pain. Her hand was smeared with blood. "Are you stupid?!" I yelled. I grabbed her unwounded arm, pulling her upstairs.

"Youngmin, I-" "Be quiet!" I was beyond angry. Why would she lie to me, hiding her injury? I opened the door to the bathroom, closing it behind me. Her face was red, her eyes watery. I the water, gently putting her hand under the faucet. She flinched, groaning slightly. "Does it hurt?" I asked, concerned. She was about to shake her head but stopped, looking at me. In a small voice, she nodded. "Yes." 

........................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I felt the tears forming as he pulled me into the bathroom. I had made him angry again. I have never heard him raise his voice. It scared me. He put my hand into the water. I winced at the sharp pain. "Does it hurt?" His voice was surprisingly tender. "N-" I stopped, biting my lips. "Yes." I confessed, ashamed. He began to wash the blood away. "Dont! It's dirty..." I tried to pull back but his grip was firm. I never realized how strong he was. "Stop moving." 

His touch immediately started to numb the throbbing. I looked at his focused expression. His forehead was creased with worry. "I..I'm sorry. I made you angry again." He stopped, looking at me. "No... It's not your fault. You didn't make me angry because of this." He sighed. We were silent as he wiped the remaining blood away. 

Turning off the faucet, he gently dabbed with a towel, drying my hand. Outside the bathroom, he sat me on the couch, opening the first aid kit. My gaze was fixed on him. 

.........................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

With a Q-tip, I carefully applied the ointment on her cut, grateful it wasn't a deep wound. My heart began to calm down now that the bleeding had stopped. Unwrapping the largest bandage in the kit, I cautiously placed it on her hand, gently smoothening it on her palm. I looked up at her, my angry subsiding. I felt guilty for yelling at her. I was about to apologize when a tear dripped from her face.

"What's wrong? Does it still hurt?" I asked, panicked. She shook her head, her tears falling faster. "I always mess up and make you angry. Even with the misunderstanding with Kwangmin." She trembled softly. I felt a pang in my heart. "I.." I didn't know what to say. It was true I was upset about what happened earlier with Kwangmin but I was even more angry that she hid the fact she was hurt from me...

"Hayoung?" My voice was soft. "It's true I worry about you a lot but its not because I'm forced to. I do it because I care about you... As for Kwangmin, I won't deny it. I was frustrated." She grimaced. "But not because of you... I was frustrated at myself, because I couldn't do anything. As much as I wanted to punch Kwangmin... he's still my brother." I sighed, holding her wounded hand in mine.

"But the reason I was upset with you was that you pretended to be fine, even when you weren't." I bit my lip, my chest aching. "I don't want you to lie and say everything's alright when it's not. How am I suppose to protect you when you leave me in the dark?" Her tears stopped as her eyes widened. 

"You were angry because I kept it from you?" She asked, surprised. I smiled lightly. "Silly girl..I'd never be angry at you for being clumsy. That's what draws me to you." She blushed, flustered.

Also embarrassed, I pulled her towards me, kissing her forehead, hiding my reddening face. I chuckled silently, remembering how I used to cringe at sappy moments like these, but somehow I ended up like this...just for this one girl.