A New Beginning

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

The sun was barely creeping out of clouds when I returned to my room in a daze. Something in my heart had changed. The inner demons that kept tearing and ripping at my insides disappeared. The worries and anxiety came to a halt. I was no longer in pain. Instead I felt a shed of light glowing in my chest. I would not run away, I will become strong. So until then...please wait for me.

............................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I woke up, surprisingly refreshed. All the stress and worries had dissipated. Instead, a new confidence waited for me. I will no longer doubt myself and bury my own emotions. Even if this was a fairytale with a heartbreaking ending, I will continue to the end. I looked at myself in the reflection of the mirror, wondering when I was able to smile so easily.

In the elevator, we didn't speak. Me and Youngmin had been tense ever since last night, not saying a word to each other. Youngmin sudden spoke. "Kwangmin..Last night doesn't change a thing. You still can't have her." I smiled, glad we were still burning with passion for competition.

............................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I was startled. "Love Like Oxygen" was blaring as we enter the studio. Hayoung was dancing, while Dong hyun watched carefully, analyzing for mistakes. Her clumsy and hesitating steps had become solid and confident. The long hair that hung down her back was gone and cut short. Her gaze was serious and intense. Her body swayed to the beat effortlessly as she perfectly mimicked Onew's signature smile. 

Donghyun clapped his hands, ecstatic. "That was perfect!" My eyes widen, still taken aback.

...........................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I never understood why the main heroine would chop and dye her hair, until I did it myself. Even if it was just the length of my hair, I suddenly felt as if I was becoming someone new. Clutching the ring on my finger, I swore I would not shed useless tears. 

The twins stared at me, shocked. I smiled nervously, touching the tips of my new haircut. "Hayoung?" Kwangmin asked, stunned. "Your hair." 

We started the last rehearsal onstage. I looked outward at the huge room filled with empty seats. I began to feel the anxiety as I imagined the audience.

Could I do it? Did Mr. Smitten really not make a mistake depending on me?

Joori attacked me with questions, freaking out about my new appearance. After loosening her death grip, she calmed down. "Why did you do it?" I looked at her, surprised by the question. I smiled to myself.  I wanted a new beginning. She raised an eyebrow, confused.

........................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

She was different from the Hayoung I knew. She was brighter...confident. My heart raced as her smile. The timid, shy eyes were gone and instead, sparkled and gleamed. I looked at Youngmin's bright red face, not know how to react. Onew laughed when he saw her copy his smile,"Have you been working on that since morning?" he asked. She nodded, wiping sweat with a towel. Dong Hyun hyung elbowed me softly, whispering. "I found her here since five in the morning. She's been practicing before dawn." I watched her as she and Onew rehearsed the steps on the stage.

I stood besides her when we formed the formation. Dong hyun walked around us as the members began to sing their parts separately. Finishing practice early, we were backstage, getting ready. I looked at the watch, sighing. Only two hours left

............................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I looked at the short haired girl in the mirror. I was still nervous and fidgeting as usual in the empty dressing room. Wearing a pink plaid button down and white skinny jeans, I placed the yellow bow tie on my neck. I held the silver ring to my finger, shutting my eyes. I will not disappoint you.

Outside, Youngmin surprised me. I felt my face blush scarlet, remember earlier. I waved slightly, greeting him. He smiled kindly, his blonde hair jelled and spiked. "Are you alright?" he asked. I was about to nod, then halted. I shook my head. "I'm freaking out inside." My voice was small. He laughed, revealing what was behind his back. He pulled out a pink and white peach bun plush doll and handed it me. "What's this?" I asked, taking it in my hands.  He blushed. "It's a congratulatory gift for your first performance...Do you have any idea how embarrassed I was, buying this?" He shouted. I laughed, petting the soft fabric. He turned away, clearing his throat. 

He had always helped me, even with the little things. I felt no matter what I did, I would never be able to repay him. I gathered my courage, wanting to thank him properly. Blushing, I leaned forward, gently brushing my lips against his cheek.

Awkwardly, I ran back into the dressing room, closing the door behind me. I placed my hands on my face, boiling. I looked at the doll, smiling foolishly while poking it. Thank you. 

..............................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I blinked, stunned. I touched my cheek, her kiss lingering softly. I stared absentmindedly at the closed door, blushing. I grinned, my body tingling. I couldn't contain my happiness. Minwoo looked at me as if I was crazy as I plopped on the couch back in our dressing room, smiling foolishly.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, suspicious "Huh~" I asked, lightheaded. I touched my cheek, bitting my lip.

.............................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

The school was in chaos as I searched for Hayoung's dressing room. I looked at the badly drawn map Joori gave me. Hayoung's favorite drink in my hand, I smiled, wondering what she was doing. In large green letters, "B building" was written on the wall. I recognized Hayoung in the hallway. "Ha-" I froze. She leaned over to Youngmin, kissing his cheek softly. She rushed inside, a plush doll in her hands, as Youngmin blushed crimson. My hand slipped, the drink clattering on the floor.

Hayoung?