Confessions

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

Minho closed his phone as he smiled. "I just talked to Dong Hyun hyung. I told him you weren't feeling well. He said to rest for the day." I nodded, "Th..Thank you." I said softly, looking at the ground, embarrassed of my current state. My eyes were red from crying. "Have you stopped crying?" He asked gently. I looked up into his warm brown eyes. "Yes, I am fine now." He pursed his lips, unconvinced. "That's a bad habit, you know?" he frowned "What habit?" I asked." Even when we were younger, you said you were fine when you weren't. I don't know why you do that. You still end up crying afterwards." He laughed. I smiled, laughing lightly. "I remember."

I looked around, eyeing the instruments scattered throughout the room. "Where is this?" I asked, curious. He stood up, opening the window, letting the refreshing breeze in. "I found it earlier when I was looking for the studio." I walked around, and stopped in front of the huge cloaked object in the center of room. I touched the surface, brushing the layer of dust lightly. "It looks like no one has been here for a long time." 

I slowly began to uncover the mysterious object, surprised at what was underneath. "It's a piano." I said, enchanted. I pulled off the dark green fabric, placing it aside, coughing in the cloud of dust. The white piano sparkled in the sunlight. I gently felt the cool wood on my fingertips, carefully lifting the keyboard cover. I pressed gently on a key as it rang like a bell. I pulled the stool beneath the piano and sat in front of the black and white keyboards. 

Minho walked towards me, his hand on the surface of the piano. "Remember?" I turned towards him. "I first met you by a piano." I smiled at the memory, I had forgotten all this time. "It was white like this." I began to wonder if it was still there at the orphanage. "Remember this?" i slowly placed my hands on the keyboard, playing the song from three years ago...

........................................................

Minho's point of view

Just like in the dream, I felt as if I was in the past. The sun was shining on her as her fingers danced, playing the same melody from that time. I felt my heart tighten. I never realized how much I missed her until she was in front of me.  She smiled and closed her eyes as she was absorbed into the music. " When you tell me that you love me..." she began to sing. I watched in awe, as the same lyrics filled the room. Without realizing it, I hugged her from behind, weak against my longing.  My chest pounded rapidly. She stopped playing, frozen. "M-Minho oppa?"

.......................................................

Hayoung's point of view

His arms wrapped around me gently, startling me. Blushing, I stuttered. "M-Minho oppa?" He was silent.

"M-Minho?" My voice was high pitched and weary. "All this time..." He began. His breath was warm against my neck. Flustered I blushed. "All this time... I have love you Hayoung." I felt as if time stopped. I couldn't understand.

Minho oppa is in love with me?

I slowly regained awareness as I gently pulled his arms away. His gaze was intense as I stared into his eyes. I felt my face redden. "Minho oppa, what are you talking about?" I couldn't believe it. "I didn't realize it until you were no longer in my life. When you disappeared, I felt as if something was missing. I don't want to lose you again..."  My face deep red, I felt my body become feverish. 

"Will you stay by my side?" he asked, reaching for my hand. Youngmin's face suddenly appeared as I stared at his dark brown eyes and light blonde hair. It wasn't until then that I came to understand my own feelings.

"...It's true you were my first love Minho. That time three years ago, you have given me special memories I will always keep in my heart but..." I tender pulled my hand away. "I cannot return your feelings."

...........................................................

Minho's point of view

It hurts. This sudden pain pricked inside my chest as I watcher her pull away. "I cannot return your feelings." Her eyes were sad and apologetic.

I had come for her too late..I had already lost her. "Is it because of Youngmin?" I asked softly, looking away. Her eyes grew wide, "How did you-?" I placed a finger to her lips, not wanting to hear it.  

We were silent as I walked her towards her dorm. The snow crunched under us as I stared at my feet the entire way. When we at the entrance, she awkwardly stopped, looking away.

Gathering my remaining courage, I spoke. "Hayoung..." She looked up at me. "You love Youngmin don't you?" She blushed as she gently smiled, her eyes glittering. "Yes...I do." I forced myself to smile, still feeling the pain pricking at my heart. "Don't give up." 

..........................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I watched his hurt expression disappear as he grinned. Taken aback, I stared at him surprised. "Even though I lost, I won't liking you." I blushed. "I-" He interrupted me. "I feel so much better now that I told you. You know what kind of person I am. I'm stubborn and likes having things go my way." I nodded, relieved he was returning back to his normal self.  He pulled me swiftly as he kissed my forehead. Paralyzed, I watched him turn the other way, breaking into a run. "Bye!" he yelled. I smiled, whispering softly. "Thank you." 

...........................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I headed towards the dorms after Dong Hyun told me Hayoung wasn't feeling well. I planned on checking on her when I suddenly hid. I listened recognizing Hayoung's and Minho's voice. I bit my lip, remember earlier. 

"Hayoung..." Minho's tone was serious. "You love Youngmin, don't you?" My heart froze. What's going on?

It was silent. The only sounds were the birds chirping in the trees and the leaves rustling in the breeze. Hayoung's voice was clear. "Yes...I do." 

The world stopped as my breath disappeared. Lightheaded, my legs trembled. I leaned against the wall, stunned.

She was in love with Youngmin.