You Are Mine

Our Love Story

Hayoung's point of view

"Ms. Han Yoo Jin is waiting for you inside." The elderly women slid open the rice paper doors as I stepped in. Bowing formally, she closed it once again, leaving me alone. It was silent as I looked around, wondering where my mother could have been. It was a huge room filled with similar asian inspirations such as the ones in our room, but it was far more grander and refined.

"Hayoung?" I heard a familar voice calling from the back doors, leading to the zen garden. Following the voice, I stepped outside onto the raised wooden porch, greeting my mother who was reading over the script for tomorrow. " Ah, your here." She sat up, smiling kindly. "Would you like some water chestnuts?" She gestured at the peeled brown chestnuts as I shook my head. " Im fine...Is something wrong?" I couldn't understand why she would need me in the middle of the night.

Closing her folder, she set it aside as she patted the floor, for me to sit besides her. Dangling my legs, I noticed that she was wearing a dark blue butterfly traditional japanese styled robe. "How was shooting today?" She avoided my question. " I heard you were filming with Youngmin in the cabin."

"Yes, I had alot of fun. Mr. Kang was a very interesting man." I chuckled, remembering his childish and dramatic character. " He is, isn't he?" My mother agreed, smiling. " But a brilliant director as well."

It was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. " One more day..." Her voice was calm, yet distant. I bit my lip, realizing we were thinking the same thing. It was just one more day before the press conference. Even though some things have changed and I decided to stay in Korea, the original plan to tell the public that I was Han Yoo Gin's daughter was still intacted.

"Yoo-.... mom..." I said awkwardly. It was still strange to call her mother after all these years. " May I ask a question?" She bit into a chestnut, nodding. " Of course." Clearing my throat, I spoke. " Are you disappointed that I decided not to go to America?" She stared at me, surprised by the sudden question." Hmm... honestly speaking, of course I was. I wanted to be your mother again, and I thought that leaving together, we could start over. But I didn't take into account that you already had a life here." She smiled softly, her eyes glistening. " Even though, I was disappointed at first... I'm not now. I can see that your happy here, that the people you have around you really do care about you, and understands you in away that I couldn't... like Youngmin." She took a breath before continuing.

" That's why I don't want to reveal you as my daughter at the press conference tomorrow." My eyes grew wide with surprise. " Don't think it's because I don't want the public to know you're my child... heavens no. I do plan on telling them, but I think it'll be best if we do that after you have stablilize your career as an idol." I began to see what she meant.

If word got out that I was the secret child of the world famous Han Yoo Jin, not only would it cause an immediate frenzy, it could also sabatoge my mother's career. It's wasn't exactly a normal thing to hear. Also, having that kind of attention on me would give me the boost of immense popularity, but it would have nothing to do with my talent. Instead, it would be just the sole fact that I was the hidden child my mother had sixteen years ago that would have my name spread out on papers. A kind of attention I didn't want.

....................................................................................................

(Just to set up the flow of the story, Marie will have a POV section for a little while)

Marie's point of view

"I told you father! This newcomer Hayoung keeps getting in my way! Get rid of her!" Yelling into my cellphone, I remembered seeing Hayoung and Youngmin enter the inn together. Why were they always together? The only reason why I was here in the first place was to be with Youngmin, but that continues to get in my way!

I could feel tears in my eyes, refusing to fall for the likes of that country idiot. As I got off the elevator, about to head to my room to sleep my anger off, I remembered I needed to talk to Han Yoo Jin about the dinner appointment my mother wanted to make with her. Thankful that she was on the same floor, I turned the other direction, quickly reaching her room.

Knocking on her door, I waited for a long moment, wondering if she was out. Placing my ear to the rice paper frame, I swore I could hear voices inside. Sliding it slowly, I crepted in, making light footsteps. Stealthily, I peeked out of the open back doors, startled to see Hayoung and Yoo Jin together. Concealing myself behind a wall, I listened carefully, wondering what was going on.

" I can see that your happy here, that the people you have around you really do care about you, and understands you in a way that I can't... like Youngmin." My mouth opened, shocked. " Did Yoo Jin already know about those two?!" My mind screamed.

" That's why I don't want to reveal you as my daughter at the press conference tomorrow." Horrified, I bit my lip in frustration. My last hope was that press conference, where they would both have been buried alive by the public. But now, Hayoung might really have a chance of being with Youngmin...

Suddenly, my mouth twitched upwards evily. " Not if I can help it....."

.......................................................................................................

   Kwangmin's point of view

  "Can you get the lighter in my room, Kwangmin?" Sighing, I asked where it was as I stood up, having to listen to the older hyung. " On the counter, I think, if not, just look around." Exiting the elevator, I entered Jeongmin's messy room, surprisingly finding the lighter quite easily. Before having to take it to him, I decide to get some fresh air. I could help but wonder what Yoo Jin wanted with Hayoung at this time. Glancing at my watch, it was already past twelve.

Outside, the breeze was cool as I breathed in the refreshing country wind. " Hello?" My ears perked up at the sudden sound of someone familar. By the fountain, Marie was on her phone once again, whispering to someone secretly. " In-Shi, its me Marie. I have something very interesting that I believe will have some importance to you.... Tomorrow at five o' clock, be here at the Butterfly Hot Springs Ryoko and make sure to bring all the reporters you know." Hanging up the phone, she chuckled devilishly as she turned around, gasping to see me standing behind her. " Holy cow, Kwangmin!" She held onto her heart in a panicked motion. " Every heard of private conversations?" She barked.

I raised my hand nonchantly in a half hearted apology. " What are you planning now Marie?" I glared at her, wondering what business she had to invite Korea's top reporter to Boyfriend's press conference. "That is none of your concern." She turned to walk away, when I held onto her arm. " As a member of Boyfriend, I believe I should know who you have called to the conference...unless you would like me to ask Han Yoo Jin instead." She tried to shake my grip, when I continued. "You were whispering because you were planning something, weren't you? Something that Yoo Jin doesn't know about?" I lowered my voice, threatnening her.

" Fine! I'll tell you." Suddenly, she smiled. " Remember when you said trickery won't get me anywhere?" She grinned, recalling the event that happened not too long ago in this very same spot. " What are you getting at?" I asked, refusing to play her games. " Well, you were wrong. In just a matter of time, everything will end up in my hands." She laughed. Tightening my grip, I could feel an anger boiling inside me. " If you dare to do something to Hayoung, I swear I'll-"

"What? You swear you'll what?" She challenged, successfully escaping my grip. " Thank me?" She continued. " Listen, you and I both know that if things continue the way they are now, Hayoung will really end up with Youngmin. Even as much as you hate me, and even as much as I hate you... we are facing the same problem." She breathed in deeply, brushing back her hair. " At the press conference, Yoo Jin decided not to tell the public about Hayoung being her daughter. If I allow this to happen, then Hayoung will peacefully become an idol, and I will be forced to give up Youngmin. And as for you, you'll have to give her up completely, because once the press conference is over, their relationship will go public." I felt a lump in my throat.

" You already know, don't you?" She asked in a hushed, quiet voice. " That Hayoung loves Youngmin too? More then she loves you?" I felt a pang at the center of the chest. It was true, somewhere deep inside, I already know what Hayoung was thinking. I was just waiting for her to say it. Even the blind could see the feelings she had for my brother, and even if I were to deny it, I knew it was still there. It had always been Youngmin.

" I thought so." She looked at me with sympatheic eyes. " At the conference, I'm planning to tell the reporters. It's the only way I can beat Hayoung, and it's the only way you can seperate her from Youngmin." I began to see the sense in her words. In a strange twisted way, she was right. " You can't do this..." I pleaded with her. " I have to!" She yelled, with tears in her eyes.

" Breaking up with Youngmin was the worst decision in my life.... I need him as much as you need her." Her tears were rolling down her face desperately. " Please dont stop me Kwangmin! This is the only chance I have..." For the first time, I began to see Marie as a person. She too understands what it feels like to be lonely and regretful, even as spoiled as she was.

Deep inside, I too knew this was my only chance. Everyday, I could see her getting closer to him, falling more in love with him. I thought I could convince my heart that I could deal with it, that I could teach myself to be satisfied, but as I began to realize how desperately my chest throbs for her, I am less and less willing to be the good brother. I too want to be happy, why did Youngmin have to get everything? Do I have to back down and give up the girl I love as well? Just as I have done with all the other things Youngmin wanted from me?

Closing my eyes, I felt a tear threatnening to fall.

No, I wont let him win.