Threat

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

The bus ride lasted seven long hours of karaoke, eating, and sleeping. Taking the opportunity to rejuvenate myself, I slept a long 4 hours, exhausted from my mental fatigue. I couldn't understand Youngmin. Why was he acting like this?

I knew that I didn't tell anyone about my mother, or going to America, so why was he so angry? Nothing was going the way I had planned it. Spending the last remaining days together, leaving all the regrets behind until it catches up to us. I bit my lip, frustrated. The hourglass of the remaining moments I had left was emptying and there was nothing I could do about it. 

……………………….....

The bus stopped slowly in front of a fancy, luxurious hotel. My mouth dropped as I stared at the marble columns and the golden carpets. As Mr. Yong retrieved all our belongings from under the bus, he passed out a schedule sheet. 

"Today is the first day of shooting, but you will all have a four hour break before we begin, to freshen up. Look around and grow familiar with this hotel because we will be here for the next week." He suddenly stopped when the automatic doors opened, revealing my mother. "I see everyone has arrived safely." She stood besides Mr. Yong, smiling kindly.

"Yes, thank you for letting us stay in this hotel. It's truly beautiful." He blushed, scratching his head. Hyun Seong gasped, looking around. "This is Ms. Han Yoo-Jin's hotel?" My eyes widened in shock. She laughed, and waved her hand modestly. "Please, don't mind that. Just enjoy your stay comfortably." 

This women was incredible. Not only was she an actress and a director…but also owned a hotel? I could feel myself shrink smaller and smaller. No one would believe I was her daughter. This country like and simplistic girl, related to the famous Han Yoo Jin? I could already imagine the head title on the newspaper. 

………………………………….

With Joori, we entered the hotel room that we were sharing. Pure white and highlighted with cool grays and red, the room was large with two luxurious beds on each side. I placed my luggage by the doorway, pulling off my heels. The carpet was soft and warm from the built in floor heater. Joori squealed when she walked in the bathroom. "Hayoung-unnie! There's a six hydro bathtub with bubble foam!" I laughed, not able to help myself but take in her energy. It really was an extravagant room. 

I stepped outside, on the balcony, greeting the warmer air. The chilly weather was disappearing as the sun rose high in the sky. I looked towards the scenery, breathing in the vast view of the jagged mountains and the crystal blue ocean. 

The sliding door slid open as Joori stepped out, joining me. "We have a couple hours of free time unnie, what should we do?" I pulled out the thick schedule from behind my back pocket, studying the content. "It says that there is an indoor beach and garden here." Joori smiled in excitement. "Really? Let's go!"

I regretted mentioning it as  I began imagining myself in a bikini. Just the thought made me shudder from discomfort.  "Can we go? Can we? Can we?" I felt her offense attacking my defense.  "But…" I tried to reason with her. She clutched onto my arm like a child. "Common! It'll be-" Her phone blared 2PM's heartbeat. 

"Hello?" She released me from her death grip. "Oh, Dong Hyun oopa. Yes, we are in our room.." Something he said made her excited. "Really?! We were planning to go there now!" She looked at me, throwing in the victory sign. I sighed, understanding the conversation. 

………………………………………………….

Youngmin's point of view

I pulled a white tank top over my neck as Kwangmin came out of the bathroom in his green plaid swimming trunk. I sighed, not really feeling like going anywhere. Dong Hyun had caught us in the elevator, commanding us to go to the indoor beach, forcing his leader card on us. 

We met up with Hyun Seong and Jeong Min in the hall since there room was right next to us. As I predicted, Jeong MIn and Hyun Seong were topless, flaunting their polished abs. I pursued my lips as I glanced at my tank top, embarrassed to walk around half . 

Dong Hyun and Minwoo were already by the entrance of the indoor beach, wearing more age appropriate attire. They handed us each a rubber bracelet that Dong Hyun explained was our tickets. I strapped mine on my ankle when I noticed Joori walking out of the girl's bathroom. My eyes widened when I saw Hayoung close behind, covering herself with a hello kitty towel. 

I blushed at her long exposed slender legs. I turned around, facing the waves, trying to calm my heart.  

……………………………………….

Kwangmin's point of view

I was taken aback when I saw Hayoung. I always knew she was pretty but I have never paid attention to anything except her face. It was shocking to see how slender and long she was. Blushing, I felt my teenage hormones kicking in embarrassingly. 

She and Joori approached us, covering her upper torso in a towel, looking down. Joori, on the other hand, was proudly walking around in a bikini that looked too revealing for her age. I sighed, imagining what hell Hayoung had to go through with Joori always trying to dress her. Dong Hyun handed them the remaining bracelets as she struggled to put it on her wrist and keep the towel wrapped around her.

I grabbed her hand gently, careful not to look elsewhere. Her skin felt hot under mine. Blushing, I mumbled. "Be careful aroung Hyun Seong and Jeong Min, there are relentless when it comes to girls." She smiled, thanking me. "Kwangmin is always helping me." 

I looked up at her, into her warm doe-like eyes. "That's because you're always making me worry." I felt my heart beat slowly fasten. Those bright eyes, that ivory skin, those soft lips… will I really never see them again? 

……………………………………….....

Hayoung's point of view

 

I have never been excellent in being confident with myself, especially when it came to showing skin. It was uncomfortable and embarrassing but… when it came to Kwangmin, he made me feel relaxed. His touch, his gaze, it made me forget about my insecurities. I knew that once it would come for me to leave, I would miss this sense of tranquility I felt around him. 

 

From my peripheral, I watched Youngmin. Once again, I felt him avert his gaze from me, always turning the other way. His back was so broad and distant, compared to his warm chest. It was strange that just him looking away made my heart squeeze painfully. 

 

This was what it was going to be like. Once I am gone, he would forget and he would no longer look towards me. Was I really able to handle that? Would I really able to stand him being with someone else?

……………………………………………………….

 

Inside, it was huge and almost like  a real beach, except for the large glass dome on top of us. From the heater, it really felt as if we were in the middle of summer, instead of the chilly wind of winter. I have always like the heat and the warm of the sun better then the cold flakes of snow.

 

As I had expected, there were so many people laying around, enjoying the artificial waves. I laughed at two children, playing in a fountain that had a magnificent statue of a dolphin with water shooting out of it's mouth. Surprisingly, I recognized several celebrities strolling around, eating at the restaurants and lying on the sand. This hotel really was incredible.

 

Not only was it huge and luxurious, famous celebrities came here to spend their vacation. I was secretly astonished at how much my mother had grown, from living in a small apartment with barely any hot water, to now owning one of Korea's most prized attractions.

……………………………………………………..

 

After losing in a game of rock, paper, scissors, me and Joori had to buy drinks at the mini cafe. Inside, the tables were filled with teenagers and foreigns enjoying the specialty drink, bubble tea. 

 

I stood by the register with Joori as she orders seven strawberry bubble teas, distracted by the abstract art on the wall. My attention was caught by the table in front of me, four girls looking at me cautiously. One of the girls with a striped yellow bikini stood up and walked towards me. 

 

"Excuse me… some friends of mine and I were wondering if you performed at the Centennial festival." Startled, I  was surprised by her sudden approach. I clear my throat nervously. "Uh… Yes. " I said softly, confused by her intentions. She smiled brightly, looking at her friends. " It's her!"  The group of girls exclaimed in excitement. "Sorry to bother you but..could we have an autograph?"

 

I blinked, completely shocked. "What?" I said, not knowing how to react.  She pulled out a white cellphone and scrolled through the list of music. Stopping suddenly, she handed me the phone as I stared in disbelief. I recognized my voice from the speakers, the piano playing softly in the background. "This is…" She smiled, taking out a notebook and pen. "Your performance at the Centennial was amazing." I looked around, noticing that we were attracting attention.

 

People began muttering to themselves softly.  "Isn't that the girl Hayoung?…

The one that was features in Star's magazine?…" Gulping, I smiled at the girl nervously and took her notepad. "What is your name?" I asked, my voice shivering." Chi-Xhi." I raised an eyebrow. " Wait.. those are chinese characters." I asked, confused. She giggled. "We're from china, we're here on vacation." 

 

My mouth dropped open. Somewhere in my heart, something warm began to swell. This sweet and light sensation filled my chest as I stared at the letters of her name. 

These girls knew me from another country? 

I have always believed there was nothing special about me, that my existence was purely a mistake..but could I have been wrong? Could I also be someone that made an impact on other's lives?

…………………………………….

Youngmin's point of view

I squinted my eyes, trying to see what was going on in the cafe. Hayoung and Joori had been gone longer then expected and I was worried if something had happened. Kwangmin handed me a towel from the customer service counter as I bit my lip, wondering what was going on. Suddenly, Joori and Hayoung came out of store, holding two trays filled with reddish drinks. Jeong Min and Minwoo helped carry them, showing them where everyone was staying. I noticed Hayoung's shirt had a light blue stain along her chest as she placed the tray on the wooden table. 

Joori sighed, annoyance written on her face. "What's wrong?" Dong Hyun asked, looking up from the schedule. "Some idiot purposely spilled her drink all over Hayoung. " I stared at her pale expression. 

Hayoung spoke out, her voice small. "Joori…it was just an accident." Joori scoffed. "Yeah, right! That obviously was jealous." Kwangmin raised an eyebrow, joining the conversation. 

"Jealous?" He asked, curious of the situation. Joori nodded, now smiling happily. "You should have been there. These group of girls were asking for Hayoung's autograph. They recognized her from our school website when she performed at the Centennial. And get this! They were from China!" 

Hayoung placed a finger to her lips, trying to keep Joori quiet. Hyun Seong whistled, placing a hand on her shoulder, an unnecessary gesture. "Eh, that's great Hayoung!"  He complimented. She smiled, blushing softly.

I pursued my lips, annoyed. Even when I was obviously mad at her, she goes around and smiles at everyone? I sighed and turned away towards the water, kicking the sand.

……………………………………….

Hayoung's point of view

I watched Youngmin's back as he walked towards the waves. Lately, that all I have been seeing...

The image of that girl back at the cafe made me shiver. Her words still echoing in my mind.

……………………………………………..

I handed Chi-Xhi her notepad back as she thanked me happily. Honestly, I was a bit proud that I had such a precious fan. Joori joined me and handed me the second tray filled with red bubbly drinks, smiling. "Wow, that's incredible." She complimented. "Not even Boyfriend has international fans." 

I laughed modestly, heading towards the door, when someone bumped into me, spilling their blueberry ice tea on my chest. The small, thin blonde girl smiled innocently. 

"Oh? I'm sorry.. Are you alright?" Her words were sarcastic. I felt my face grow warm, noticing the visible blue mark on my white shirt. "I-It's fine." I said, trying not stir trouble. She smirked and whispered softly, so only I could hear. 

"Don't think you're all that. Just because some dumb idiots like your joke of a performance doesn't mean your good enough." She patted my back, throwing her empty cup in the trash can. I felt that sweet bubbliness disappear immediately and instead replaced with shivering fear. 

I turned back, staring at the swinging doors. Who was she?