Let Your Feelings Show

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

The sky was pitch black as the alarm broke the silence of the early morning. Soon-Bok groaned and complained under the covers as I groggily pulled the cord, silencing the continuous beeping. Opening my eyes tiredly, my vision began to sharped in the dark as I stood up, stretching my legs. Walking towards the the only sours of dim lighting, I entered the bathroom. Inside, the light flickered briefly as I stared at my reflection.

Brushing my teeth, I breathed deeply as I thought of yesterday. In due time, I knew my life would become hectic if everything was revealed. I wasn't sure if I could handle something like that. Just what sort of reaction would come from the media, the public, once they discover that Han Yoo-Jin, the lonely superstar with no past had a secret child?

Washing my face with cold water, I forced myself to rid of the thought, already afraid of the idea. Quietly walking around the dorm, I finished packing the remaining things left on the list, curious as to where we were going. Dressing in a light blue V neck and white skinny jeans, I searched for the khaki coat which was laid in a heap on the ground. Zipping up the now filled suitcase, I glanced at my phone, the digital clock shining 2:45 brightly.

Outside in the hallway, I closed the door behind me, moving with more precaution  then usual. It was so quiet as I passed each door that my every footstep echoed softly along the walls. The  phone in my pocket vibrated loudly as I received a message from Joori.

R u awake??? I'm with Minwoo and Dong Hyun in the lobby. I bought you coffee :)

I yawned than smiled, amazed at how she was still able to sound energetic at three in the morning. 

………………………..

 

Like she had said, I found them sitting comfortably by the vending machines.  She  waved at me, handing me a warm can of instant coffee. I thanked her, grateful for the soothing warmness. I placed my white suitcase besides Joori's  bright blue luggage and sat besides her, sighing. "Tired?" Dong Hyun asked, his voice surprisingly lively.  I nodded closing my eyes, feeling myself fall asleep.

……………………………………………..

 

Kwangmin's point of view

 

The hot water ran against my body as I brushed back my hair. I opened my eyes, staring at the tan tiles as I rinsed the remained soap buds from my chest. Turning off the shower, I stepped out into the foggy bathroom, wrapping myself in a towel. I shivered slightly as I greeted the chilly air topless.

 

Youngmin sat on his bed, staring out towards the wall, his expression the same as yesterday. I dried my hair absentmindly, distracted by the flashback of yesterday.

……………………………………………

 

"Han Yoo-Jin's daughter?" Youngmin questioned in disbelief. I couldn't say anything. It didn't make sense to me. How was it possible that Hayoung was Han Yoo Jin's biological daughter?

 

The rest of the day, I didn't see Hayoung. She didn't come to her classes, or for dinner. Joori had said it was from an upset stomach but I knew it was more then that. The idea of that women being Hayoung's biological mother seemed unreal to me as first, but I thought of it…I began to understand. 

 

Since I first met her, I knew there was something different about her. She wasn't the average country girl that came from an isolated town. Her gifts, her talent..they were the same as…no…even more advanced that Han Yoo Jin. 

Her eyes, her soft smile, they were identical to Yoo-Jin's.  How could I have not seen it? How could I have not guess it before?

 

But that wasn't what made me as shocked as I was now. She was leaving. In a matter of time, my grip on her would break as she disappears from my side. Was there nothing I could do to stop her? Nothing that could change her mind? I knew it was selfish to want her to stay by me, but I couldn't help it. I knew that I may  not have a place in her heart, but I was satisfied just being near her, but….was that also impossible? 

…………………………………………..

 

We packed in silence as I stared at Youngmin's blank expression. Even though I hated the fact that his heart yearned for Hayoung, I was worried for him. I had lived my entire life learning how to separate myself from my emotions, but Youngmin…his actions and his words were all connected to his heart. What was he thinking, knowing that he was losing the one person he loved?

 

He had always been a very emotional person, crying when he was upset with himself when he made a mistake on our debut stage. Even as a child, he was never good at lying. His heart was still innocent and pure, unstained by things like heartbreak. I couldn't help myself but be frustrated with Hayoung for being so oblivious of how much we loved her. How could she not see what we saw? How was she that blind with herself?

 

Youngmin's usual twinkling and bright eyes were now dull and sorrowful. I truly felt that his soul was dying. 

……………………………………………….....

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

My heart hurts. It was the first time that I cried myself to sleep. This pain, this stabbing sensation at the center of my chest wouldn't leave even in my dreams. 

 

I gritted my teeth, my jaw tightening from the tension. All these years, I have never experienced love or ever had anything I could truly call happiness. I was always doubtful of myself, bringing myself down, but for the first time, Hayoung showed me how to believe, how to see myself as an individual and not just the twin of my brother. The other one. 

 

I never expected her presence to be so knotted and woven around my life. Even when I first met her, I thought that these feelings would pass, that they were just temporary, but as the days grew, my attraction towards her bloomed. Slowly, nothing came into focus except her. I felt as if I was going crazy, unable to understand my own feelings, but after I finally was able to see my own heart, I discovered that I had already fallen in love with her…. and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

 

Every time I thought of days without her by my side, my chest ached. I glanced at Kwangmin, who was facing the other direction. My brother, my twin, the one that had fallen for the same girl, what was his heart doing? Was it beating rapidly? Slowly stopping? 

 

………………………………

 

We didn't say anything to each other the rest of the way to the lobby. I recognized Donghyun and Joori sitting on the couch as I approached them. My heart skipped a beat as I found Hayoung sleeping soundly on a black leather stool, her head resting on the wall. I studied her long eyelashes, her rosy cheeks, her pink lips… those lips that I secretly kissed. 

 

She shifted slowly, her head sliding downwards. Without realizing it, I rushed down, catching her with my shoulder. She softly breathed on my neck as her hair fell down her face. Gently pulling the strands away, I tucked  them behind her ear. My heart began to race once again, painfully pounding inside my chest.

 

You are so cruel…You come into my life and now you're suddenly going to disappear from it?

 

……………………………………………..

 

Hayoung's point of view

 

I regained consciousness slowly as I discovered that I had fallen asleep. Hyun Seong and Jeong Min had already arrived, sitting besides Dong Hyun on the floor. I recognized immediately the matching yellow and blue suitcases of the twins. I studied the room, looking for them but finding that they weren't there. 

 

In the distance, the man from yesterday that I recalled being Mr. Choi's secretary came in from the automatic doors. Joori appeared with the twins, holding plastic bags of snacks and drinks. His eyes caught mine as we stared at each other. He broke the gaze suddenly, turning away. I suddenly felt a sudden chill down my spine.

 

Brushing the strange hostility away, I rolled my bag outside to the coach bus waiting at the curb. I pushed the long metal handle down, about to pull the heavy suitcase in the compartment, when Kwangmin took it from my hands. "Be careful. There's a piano scene, isn't there? What would you do if you hurt your hands?"He smiled as I blushed softly.

 

"T-Thank you," I said quietly. Joori joined me, handing me a yellow container with strawberries. "Breakfast?" She offered. I took one, eating it absentmindedly as I stared at Youngmin, who was busy loading things into the bus along with the secretary that I learned was named Mr. Yong. 

 

"Did you thank Youngmin?" Joori said, biting a large dark ripe strawberry. I turned towards her, picking a smaller strawberry from the plastic box. "Youngmin?" I asked. She nodded, munching glutinously on another blood red strawberry. "You nearly gave yourself a concussion when you almost fell off your chair when you were sleeping. Youngmin caught you and rested your head on his shoulder all morning." My eyes widened, surprised. "Youngmin did?" I touched my face, suddenly embarrassed. 

 

Nodding, she stopped chewing and pursued her lips. "You know..Youngmin and Kwangmin treat you awful well…are you sure there isn't anything going between you guys?" I raised my hands, assuring her there wasn't.

 

Disappointed, she joined Hyun Seong and Dong Hyun on the bus. Youngmin brushed his hands against his jeans as he headed inside. I swallowed, clearing my throat as i quickly followed him afterwards.

 

"Youngmin.." I called out before he got on. He turned around, facing me as noticed his disheveled bangs. My cheeks stung against the slight breeze. "About this morning, I'm sorry I troubled you."

 

"It's fine." He turned away, giving me the cold shoulder. Surprised, I felt uneasy. Did I do something wrong? I couldn't help but feel as if he was angry with me. Did I say something weird while I was sleeping? I knew I had a tendency to talk in my sleep ever since I was a child.

………………………………...

 

Inside was very spacious for a bus. Joori waved at me, signaling for me to sit besides her. Youngmin who was sitting by himself, didn't even glance at me. A sharp pinch inside my chest made me wince. I had never seen Youngmin give off such a hostile aura. I continued to pass him, confused and saddened.

……………………………………….....

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

I blasted the music in my ears, trying to drown out her voice from my mind. Just looking at her, just hearing her voice made my chest burn and tremble. I knew it was wrong of me to treat her this way but… I couldn't help it. If I looked at her now, I was sure she'd be able to read what I was thinking. Not wanting her to leave, wanting to yell at her for making my heart ache so much, the need to hold her in my arms and tell her to stay with me… I was afraid she'd be able to see everything.

 

Kwangmin sat at the other side of the bus, talking to Minwoo about the run-through of the music video. The song You and I was about the ending of a love and the pain that came with it. Whenever I would sing the lyrics onstage, I tried to understand the meaning to the suffering of separation. It never occurred to me that I would really experience it. 

 

The song didn't do it justice, this weight in my chest, Besides my heart tightening constantly, it was hard to breath, difficult to keep myself from looking back. 

………………………………………………

 

 

Kwangmin's point of view

 

Like a child, Youngmin's expressions were obvious. I knew he would try to hide his feelings, resulting in him distancing himself from her. Honestly, I was disappointed at him.

 

 Even if he was hurting, he was enwrapped only in himself, not realizing that there was probably a reason to why she didn't tell us. I stared at Hayoung, who was reading a book besides Joori. Oblivious of that fact that we already knew that she had plan to leave, her eyes focused on the pages. 

 

When are you planning to let us know? Are you going to keep us in the dark forever?

 

Whenever I see Hayoung, I can imagine this bright white light shining in a dark room. She, herself, can only see the darkness, while I, can see just how much she can illuminates the shadows. She always had a tendency to keep everything to herself, never saying what was in her heart. I knew it was from being alone all her life, and it bothered me that I could never tap into her mind. 

 

Someone like me, someone that could read your emotions like an open book, was clueless whenever it came to her. Perhaps it was because I myself, couldn't understand my own emotions. I stared at Youngmin who was pretending to sleep.

 

If you don't want her to leave… tell her. If you don't want to lose her…. show her.