The Hardships We faced

Our Love Story
Kwangmin's point of view

She charged past me, her face flushed. I didn't realized what I had done until I was already kissing her lips. Being so wrapped in my temptations, i crumbled being so close to her. I began to feel the guilt seek into my blood, like a shot of ice water. Breaking into a run, I went after her. Outside, I searched the dim streets, looking for her.

.................................................................................

I searched through the drifting snow. Finding her in an empty playground, I slowed to a walk, approaching her carefully. Nervous, I felt my throat tighten. Hesitating, i stopped in front of her. She looked up, her watery eyes peering at me.

..................................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

The breeze gently whistled as it rustled the dead leaves on the ground. I stared into Kwangmin's gentle eyes, blushing. I felt my heart pounding softly as he sat besides me. We didn't say anything. The snow continued to fall from the sky like cotton. I raised a hand in front of me, catching a single snowflake. I turned towards Kwangmin as his eyes met mine.

"Why did you do it?" My voice was surprisingly clear. His expression softened, looking down. "Can I tell you a story?" he smiled gently.

" A long time ago, there was a boy that lived his entire life emptily. As the years passed, it became easier to ignore his emotions. The Pain. The Happiness. The Anger. Concealed, and hidden away...he believed he could live life just as it was, detached from his heart.

Living without a purpose, without love, he became a man that no longer cared. This man had a brother. Deep inside, he envied him. He also wanted to become someone that expressed himself freely and loved so easily but he was afraid. He never learned how to love. Slowly, he became a coward, always afraid, always ashamed...Then everything changed." Kwangmin gazed at me.

"...He met someone that came into his life uninvited, unexpected. She exposing his vulnerabilities and weaknesses. The heart that had stopped beating, began to pound desperately. He felt the pain, the happiness, and the anger all at once. He couldn't understand what was happening, he became afraid of what she was doing to him. He tried to distance himself, doing whatever it took to run away but it was useless. He had already fall in love with her."

........................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I felt myself quiver as I finally revealed my deepest secrets. I looked up at her as a tear dripped down my cheek. The wind stopped whistling. The leaves stopped rustling. It all became still. Her breath was light, her eyes were kind and affectionate. Stand up, her back faced me.

"My entire life, I lived wondering why I was born. I was all alone, I felt I shouldn't have existed. Growing up, I pretended to smile, I told myself I was fine, but inside, it was as if I was dying. I wanted to shut away the hurt I felt but I couldn't, I felt too much. It overwhelmed me. The pain. The sadness... I wanted to die." She turned towards me.

"Then two very special people entered my life. They taught me how to smile, how to laugh, how to sulk. All these new emotions kept pouring into me. I began to enjoy life, to look forward to it. I didn't know what was going on... until my heart was torn into two. I had fallen in love with both of them." 

.......................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

The entire time I had started this life, I entered a different world. I began to collide with my past, changing and morphing to someone new. Someone that never cared for love, suddenly became engulfed in it. It felt as if I was reborn, given a chance to live again.

Meeting Youngmin and Kwangmin, they both gave me the most precious memories. Whenever they touched or looked at me, I felt my heart race. Maybe it was because I was naive, I didn't realize it then. I had thought it was only Youngmin that I felt this endearment for but it all changed when Kwangmin kissed me tonight. Like a burst of lightening, my body shuttered. My heart raced. It was then, I knew they had both came into my heart, fighting and tearing inside.

I felt guilty, angry with myself. I was selfish, I wanted both of them to be with me and I was causing them grief. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, as the tears began to drop. "I'm sorry. I didn't want this to happen..." My voice quivered.

............................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I clutched the tree bark in my hands, watching Hayoung's tears drop onto the snow. A sudden sadness drowned me suddenly. How did things become like this? It was as if we were the characters in an epic romance, our hardships and emotions read as entertainment for the reader. I kneeled on the snow, cursing silently. Why was our love so complicated? I gazed at Hayoung, ashamed. The entire time I have been consumed in what I felt, in what I wanted, I never saw the pain she was in.

To fall in love with both of us, it ripped her heart to shreds.

God, how could something like this happen to us? Why have you put us through such hardship?

I pulled out the small box from my pocket, opening it. I held the sparkling ring in my fingers. I read the engraving softly.

To my love and life, Hayoung. I clenched it in my fist, silently crying.