Threat

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

Stumbling back, she pushed me aside, running towards Youngmin as she hugged him tightly. My heart stopped in it's place, shocked. Youngmin, his eyes wide and motionless, stood still as she cooed in excitement. "It's been forever! I missed you so much Youngmin!"

I clenched my fists, controlling myself from throwing her across the room. Kwangmin pulled me back gently, speaking softly. "It's been a while Marie." His usual calm voice was now strained. What was it about this girl that made the twins so tense? 

Hyun Seong stood up from his chair, joining the conversation. " You guys know each other?" His disappointment was obvious. Kwangmin nodded, his eyes distant. Youngmin, who was frozen under her touch, suddenly detached himself clumsily. 

"Back when we lived in Paris, Marie attended the same middle school as us." Kwangmin explained. "And!" Marie interrupted. "After Youngmin and Kwangmin left to Seoul SPA branch, I have been so lonely!" She pouted like a child.

I have never been jealous of someone before, but for the first time I was boiling. This girl had such an involvement in their lives, their past. She knew things I didn't, she had seen things I haven't. Quickly realizing my dark emotions, I pushed them back, convincing myself they were childish. It was just the past...

I studied Youngmin's unreadable expression, who was staring at Marie with a gaze I have never seen before. His eyes flickered a warm brown, drowning in his memories. 

.......................................................

Youngmin's point of view

As if transported to the past, the locked images of the three of us came back in dim memories. What was she doing here?

"Have you not missed me?" Marie asked, batting her eyes. My body became rigid, pushing her away. I averted my eyes from her when I froze, startled by Hayoun's pained expression. She quickly turned away from me, towards Kwangmin. My chest squeezed, annoyed. 

Even if it was just acting, I hated the fact that he was so close to her, that he was able to look at her as a lover. I bit my lips, clenching my fists, containing my anger. Suddenly, Han Yoo Jin clapped her hands together as she cleared . 

"Since it seems the ice has been broken, I believe it is time to start filming. Joori, take Marie to the dressing room please." Joori sighed, but led Marie to the back of the room. Hayoung, who's face was covered by her hair felt so far from me. My eyes widened when Kwangmin raised a hand to her shoulder, his gaze passionate. 

...........................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I watched Hayoung, curious as to what she was thinking. Her expression, an unreadable mystery was colorless and tense. She flinched under my touch as I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" I asked, concerned. I hated Youngmin for always hurting her...if only she chose me.

" I…" She shook her head, revealing her resentment, too mentally exhausted to try to hide it. I smiled, hoping to reassure her somehow. Her eyes flickered back and forth between Marie and Youngmin, her forehead creased with worry. 

"What is she…" She began, her voice soft and weak. "What is she to Youngmin?" I felt a small pang in my chest as she said his name. 

I followed her gaze, studying my brother as he mindlessly flipped through the script at the other side of the room. " They used to date." I began recalling the days when it was the three of us.

"Date? Her eyes grew wide, shocked. I bit my lip, a bit resentful that I had told her, knowing it would hurt her. 

………………………………………….

Hayoung's point of view

I shouldn't have been bothered by it, but I was. I knew that Youngmin had been in past relationships before, just like how I used to have feelings for Minho, but it still hurt to know that there was someone else he used to love. 

Marie; someone famous and beautiful… why did they break up? I watched her come out of the dressing room as Joori following behind, panting. Was she here to take him back? 

I bit my lip, afraid. I had thought it was I that had to leave, that had to disappear from his life but I never expected that it may be me that was stranded behind. I studied Youngmin, his expression unreadable. What was he thinking?

I clenched my fists, forcing myself to calm down. Be reasonable, your acting like a child.

 

"What happened to them?" I asked Kwangmin, whose gaze was distant. He sighed, sitting down on the long couch behind us. " In the summer of our last year in Paris, Marie broke up with him after she was scouted to an agency, saying that she didn't have time to play games. He took it hard, never trusting girls again, but you were different." He turned towards me, speaking with honesty. 

 

"Even though me and my brother are twins, we aren't the same. We have different  mindsets and different thoughts. I have always been stronger then him, always more stable on my own. After he got his heart broken like that, it scarred him. He thought everyone would eventually betray him, so he didn't let anyone close enough to enter his heart." 

 

A lump in my throat began to grow as I learned of Youngmin's past pains. I would have never guessed something like this could of happened to him. " Once he met you, he started smiling again. I didn't realize it at first though, gradually I started to see him change." I blushed, embarrassed. 

 

I couldn't believe it. How was I the reason he smiled so beautifully? So radiantly? It didn't seem possible. Slowly, I started putting the pieces together, trying to understand Marie's intentions. Did she still like Youngmin?

…………………………………………………

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

The crew was already set up in the lobby by the time we arrived downstairs. The extras were in position, the cameras were placed, and Director Yoo Jin was sitting in her black folding chair, reading over the script. 

 

I watched Hayoung as Joori finished her last minute touch ups. It was nerve  wrecking having both the girl I like and liked in the same room. I knew Kwangmin would have already told her by now. I began to wonder what her reaction was like. Was she angry? Upset? 

 

It should have been me that told her. Even if she did know of Marie, it didn't change the fact that it was Hayoung I loved now. The past was irrelevant, something I couldn't change. I just hoped she knew that as well. 

 

Before we started filming, I went to the bathroom to wash my hands, a habit I had since a child, whenever I was nervous. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, sighing. Why did it had to be Kwangmin? The one person that shared my face to fall for Hayoung? 

 

Outside, I brushed my hands against my pants as I made my way back to the lobby. I stopped in my tracks when Hayoung suddenly appeared, walking out of the girl's bathroom. We stared into each other's eyes, the closest we have been in days. 

 

…………………………………………………………….

 

Hayoung's point of view

 

"Youngmin…" My voice was off guard, surprised. My entire mind was filled with him, that when he actually stood before me, I didn't know what to do, what to say. He said nothing as he stared into my eyes, now gentle, different from this morning. 

 

I swallowed, bitting my lip. " G…Good luck." I wished him, smiling hopefully. When did it become so awkward between us? 

 

"Y…You too." His voice seemed odd, forced. I wanted to run away. " Well then…"  I tried to walk pass him when he suddenly held my hand. " Wait…" His gaze was intense, boring into me. 

 

I flinched at his touch, wondering when was the last time we were so close. " About Marie…" He started. I gulped, already knowing what he was going to say. " It's fine! I know already." I couldn't hide the hurt in my words.

 

I didn't have the right to be angry at him. Even though I liked him, who he dated wasn't my business. I tried to pull away, when he held me firmer. " No, listen." His expression was gentle. 

 

"It's not what you think. Me and her... we're over." My eyes widened as I felt something in my chest lift. Without realizing it, I was hoping for those words, for him to say there was nothing going on. I wondered why I was so relieved. 

 

His hands were warm against mine, the same pulsing heat from the time he had hugged me.

" It's Yo-" The glass door suddenly opened, interrupting him. Marie came out in a dark green dress, smiling brightly. 

 

"Ah! The two of you were here?" She said, leaning towards Youngmin. He let go my  hand, retreating it by his side. "Youngmin, Director Yoo Jin wants to see you." 

………………………....

 

The door closed slowly as it was only us two in the hall. I felt the nervousness coming back, being alone with Marie. "Remember me?" Her voice changed back to that cocky and slyness I recognized back at the cafe. 

 

Something about her intimidated me. I nodded, facing downward. I have never been brave when it came to bullying, even as a child. I was amazed at her ability to fool so many people with her sweet talk and batting eyes. Her true nature was vulgar and detestable. I hated that she was the one that tricked and scarred Youngmin. 

 

"You know... I'd be careful if I were you." She leaned closer, backing me against the wall. " I know theres something going on between you and the twins, and it pisses me off." She placed a hand besides my head, glaring at me. " You should have already heard that I used to be Youngmin's girlfriend." I felt the anger rising in my stomach. 

 

" I'm not here to take part in this stupid music video. I have bigger plans." She smiled coyly. " What are you talking about?" I whispered. " As you know, celebrities feed off on popularity. Being famous in Europe had been all the jazz, but it's been getting boring. Now what do you think would happen if I started dating one of the hottest boy band members in Korea?" She asked. 

 

I remained silent, my eyes locked on her. " I'm going to take back Youngmin, and he's going to help me get what I want and as for you…" She placed a hand under my chin, grinning. " You are going to get out of my way. " I shivered at her touch, grinding my teeth.

 

Suddenly I felt the anger explode in my chest, bubbling through my skin. " Who do you think you are?" I asked, surprised by the harshness of my own voice. Taken aback, she flinched. " What did you say?" I pushed her hand away from me, disgusted. 

 

"If you think I'm going to let you use Youngmin again, your wrong. You could say whatever you want to me, but if you ever hurt him… I swear…" I never felt such power radiating from my body. " You'll regret it." 

 

She took a step back, surprised. Suddenly, she smiled, scoffing. " You really are dumb, aren't you?" I clenched my fist, containing myself. " You don't get it? Your nothing… if your with him, or even Kwangmin for that matter, you'll just drag them down. Everyone thinks your orphan, don't they?" My eyes widened, shocked. 

 

" How did you-" She sighed, turning away. "It's the twentyfirst century dear, I know everything about you." I gulped nervously. " What would your mother do if the public found out she had a secret child with her manager?" She challenged. 

 

"Do the twins know? That Han Yoo Jin is your mother?" I gritted my teeth as I shook my head. " For someone that says I'm in the wrong, you're keeping quite a lot of secrets aren't you? Doesn't it make you tired? Lying all the time?" 

 

I felt something shatter in my heart. She was right. I did do nothing but lie to them. I didn't want to but… I had to. " If you don't want me to reveal your precious little secrets one by one, then be a good girl and disappear." She patted my shoulder as she left me alone. 

…………………………………………………..

 

I collapsed to the floor, drained. This girl… she was terrifying. As if holding me in the palms of her hands, she squeezed tightly, breaking my ribs, entertained by my suffering. I felt a tear drip down my cheek as the desperation overwhelmed me. 

 

It was as if my entire world was breaking apart. She had stripped away all my happiness in a single blow. Just what was she?