Don't Ever Leave My Side

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

Its cold. My entire body was freezing to the point of numbness. I heard a distant voice echoing from somewhere close. Who was it? It was hard to breath. My lungs coated in ice, painfully expanded little by little. I opened my eyes slightly. Who are you? I tried to speak but nothing came out. Everything was a blur. I saw the snow pass like rain. It felt like I was running but I wasn't moving. I looked up stiffly, trying to make out who was holding me. I felt my eyes closing again. It was so hard to breathe.

.............................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I couldn't stop my panicking heart. Inside the hospital, I sat in the waiting room, impatiently checking the clock every minute. I could still feel her freezing skin on my hands as I prayed silently she'd be okay. "The doctor said it was moderate hypothermia." Youngmin sat besides me, deflated.

All the color in his face disappeared. We sat in silence, startled by the vibration in my pocket. I picked up the phone. "Hello?" Joori's frantic voice rang in my ear. "Where are you guys?! There was an ambulance at the dorm, everyones going crazy. I heard someone collapsed in the snow." I sighed. News sure spreads fast. " We're in the hospital." "What? Why? Are you hurt?" She asked, worried. " No, not me. Its Hayoung." I felt the dullness in my voice. " Hayoung?! What happened to her?" I told her to calm down. "Dont tell anyone but she was the one that collapsed in the snow. I found her fainted in the courtyard." Joori begged to come. "No, it'll only bring more unwanted attention towards the situation." After complaints and continuous whining, she finally calmed down.

 I saw the doctor walking towards us. "Hey, I gotta go." I shoved the phone back in my pocket. Me and Youngmin both stood up as soon as the doctor appeared. "Are you the ones that came with the patient?" he asked. I nodded. "Is she alright?" He smiled, "She fine now. She's in stable condition. She's sleeping but you may see her." I felt the weight in my chest lift suddenly.

"But if I may, could I ask a question?" We gazed at the doctor as he spoke. " If you are not her relatives then by any chance do you happen to know if there is someone we can contact? Her parents?" I thought for a second, trying to remember if she mentioned any family members. "There isn't any." Youngmin said softly.

....................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I felt myself doleful when he asked for her family background. Again I felt the pain during that time in the tent restaurant. Did she really have no one? As we followed the nurse to her room, I began to wonder why Hayoung fainted in the courtyard. The nurse quietly opened the door, placing a finger to and walked away. Hayoung was sleeping in the bed with an IV in her wrist. Finally she regained the usual rosy color in her face. Kwangmin excused himself and left the room when he received a phone call from Dong Hyun hyung. I carefully pulled up a stool and sat next to her. I touched her warm hand and looked at her sunken closed eyes. She seemed so tired. "You bad girl...you nearly scared me to death." I felt my voice quiver. I quickly wipe the tear in my eye before it revealed itself.

She rustled in the sheets slightly. I quickly stood up, alert. She opened slightly, muttering something. I leaned closer. "...Young..min." She remained still. When she said my name, I felt my heart flutter. I held her hand tightly, afraid to let her go. "Don't ever leave my side." I bent towards her as her light breath caresses my cheek.

...............................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

Dong Hyun hyung called hearing we were at the hospital from Joori. I clicked my tongue as I hung up. "That girl can't ever keep shut." I walked back to the door, opening it carefully. I suddenly stopped. "Don't ever leave my side." Youngmin slowly leaned towards Hayoung, holding her hand. He gently brushed his lips against her's as a tear fell down his face.