With You, I Am Strong

Our Love Story

 

Kwangmin's point of view

 

Mindlessly skimming through tomorrow's schedule, I wondered where Youngmin could have gone at one' in the morning. Annoyed, I tossed the packet on the bed as I reached for the card key on the dresser. I needed to clear my head.

………………………………………………

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

Her face was hidden as she pulled something out of the fridge. Still embarrassed, I felt my skin boiling under my clothes, which suddenly felt hot and agitating. The one thing I had never expected has happened…

 

I brushed my fingers to my lips, her touch still lingering softly. Blushing, I felt a sappy warmness at the center of my chest, humming furiously. I studied Hayoung's unreadable expression, wondering what she was thinking.

 

I had never been so confused… Why did she kiss me?

 

I trembled, remembering her gaze as she pulled me towards her. That moment, once she had placed her lips on mine, I felt myself become helpless. As a man, of course I had those thoughts, those desires… to hold her, to touch her… but when I actually had her around my arms, my control shattered to a million pieces. 

 

It was nothing like I had expected. Never had my heart raced that fast, nor had I ever felt such warmth. It was as if there was a fire burning inside me, exploding and deteriorating my insides. Just her touch was enough to make me melt, and it frightened me

 

 If that was all it took to make me crumble, then what would happen if I lost her? If she disappeared from my life? I shivered at the thought of my worst nightmare. 

…………………………………………………………

 

Hayoung's point of view

 

Biting my lip, I felt my heart thumping wildly against my chest. This was too much! 

 

Flustered, I could still feel his lingering touch on my lips. I blushed, discovering that I had met a new side to him. Always, whenever I thought of Youngmin, there was this gentleness that I found comforting and relaxing… but this was different. As he held my wrist, I noticed how strong he was. His hold was unbreakable as I felt myself become consumed by a fire that I didn't mind burning me.

 

Gripping the edge of the counter, I closed my eyes. Calm down Hayoung.

 

Once my body began to feel stable again, I retrieved the ice water from the refrigerator. Exhaling, I tried convincing myself into relaxing, or at least pretending to, but it was impossible. My heart went on hyperdrive when I joined him. Sitting on the white leather couch, his expression was as unreadable as ever. I handed him the water bottle, apologizing for the lack of creativity in the beverage. " Sorry, this is all we have." He shook his head, taking it from my hands. I blushed as his brushed against mine. 

 

"It''s fine," His eyes were adverted, looking away from me. "Thanks..." I couldn't help but notice the awkwardness. The silence was dreadful, but I didn't know what to say…

 

Suddenly, Youngmin spoke, breaking the icy silence. " Hayoung?" His voice was soft, once again the same gentleness I remembered. "Will you tell me… you're reply?" Caught off guard, I stared at him, remembering the sincerity of what he had said before. 

 

"Will you stay with me?" His voice echoed in my mind as I began to drown in our memories. 

 

……………………………………………………..

 

"I'm Youngmin." He extended a hand, smiling kindly. Taken aback, I stared in awe at his gleaming  white grin. Ba-Thump…. Ba-Thump.....What's going on?…. 

 

Listening to the drum like beat of my heart, I wondered who this boy was, and what he was doing to me. Back then, I never imagined the possibly of what his existence would became to me. I never imagined the possibly that he would become the person I fell in love with… and I never imagined the possibly of my heart being this pained when I thought of leaving him. 

 

Innocently, I smiled back, unknowing connecting our fates together as I shook his warm hand. Looking into his dark brown eyes, back then, I was unaware of what would come after I learned his name. "Hello… I'm Hayoung." 

 

………………………………………………………………..

 

The flashback faded as I returned back to the hotel room, sitting besides Youngmin. His eyes, the same dark brown shined as I recalled my first impressions of him. Never had I thought that he would hold onto my heart as he did now. 

 

Before, I was so sure it was impossible to be besides him. I was so far... I truly thought I would need a miracle to reach him, but perhaps, that miracle came truth…

 

Somehow, without realizing it, we had fallen in love with each other. For the first time, he was in front of me. For the first time, I stood besides him, the distance that separated us, gone and inexistent. 

 

 Was there really hope in believing? That there was more then just a tearful ending?

…………………………………………………………………..

 

Kwangmin's point of view

 

Outside, it was quiet except for the running fountain that shined bright yellow. Sitting on the cold granite bench, I sighed, relieved that January nights were crisp. 

 

Absentmindedly, I ran my fingers across the clear cold water, drowning in my own thoughts. Suddenly, the shuffling of feet caught my attention. As I looked up, my eyes widen in surprise. 

" Kwangmin?" Marie asked in the dark. 

 

Reluctantly greeting her, she sat a few feet away from me. " What are you doing here?" I asked. Marie wasn't the type to be wandering the night because of pre-filming jitters. "You know I have always been a night person." She smiled playfully. 

 

Rolling my eyes, I wiped my hand against my shirt. "And yourself?" Marie raised an eyebrow, curious as to why I was playing in the fountain at two in the morning. "Can't sleep." I answered simply, not wanting to go in depth. 

 

Taking out a white box, she tapped it as she pulled out a cigarette. "Want one?" She offered. 

 

Shaking my head, I scoffed in silence, remembering her secret habit of smoking. Lighting the cigarette, she took a long breath, then exhaled, rings of smoke escaping her lips. I winced at the smell of burning wood. 

 

"Is it because of Hayoung?" Marie's blue eyes flickered intensely. " What?" I asked, taken aback by her question. " Save it Kwangmin… You're not fooling anyone." Biting my lip, I wondered of Marie's intentions. Staring at her, I began to wonder myself….

 

"What are you doing here Marie?" I asked, not know why she would come back. She flicked her cigarette towards the ground before stepping on it. 

 

" I thought you would know by now... I'm here for Youngmin." Her gaze was similar to a tiger's, unwavering. " You left him. You left us….So why are you back?" She smiled, looking up at the sky. 

 

"And what about you?" She challenged. "You already know how Hayoung feels about Youngmin don't you, and yet you still chase her around like a lonely puppy." I gritted my teeth as her harsh words. " Get to the point Marie…" My voice was rugged, sharp. 

 

Standing, she smiled devilishly as she brushed her fingers along her long blonde hair. "I have a proposal to make to you." 

 

………………………………………………………………....

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

Her eyes were distant as she looked away, silent. Nervous, I tried to read what she was thinking, what was going in her mind. Biting her lip, she suddenly looked up at me, her eyes now flickering a golden brown.

 

…………………………………………………………………

 

Hayoung's point of view

 

Something changed, I could feel it. Before, there was this lump of regret and anxiety that grew in my chest. I could feel the heaviness, the hopelessness…. But somehow, that leaded ball that made it hard to breath, Youngmin had shattered it to a million pieces. Slowly, I felt myself awakening. My hopes regaining its original strength. 

 

BeforeI had thought there was nothing I could do, that I wasn't meant to be happy…and to be honest, I accepted it. Even with Youngmin, I was ready to let go, knowing that I was just going to be a part of his past, someone he would forget, and I was fine with it…until now.

 

Wanting to be selfless, I had thought if I gave it all up, the people around me would not have to suffer. Perhaps it was my own stupid blindness that made me think this way, but I knew better now. Running away... giving up, I was only hurting them more… I was only hurting Youngmin more. 

 

Now, instead of listening to my mind, and to my conscious, I wanted to listen to my heart. 

 

Ba-Thump…Ba-Thump.....

 

It never occurred to me until then how beautiful the heart sounded. It was more elegant then a piano, and more truthful that my own words. 

 

"You know… I had never been selfish. I had always done what others told me, what others expected of me. I thought I had to, as an orphan. I felt as if there was something missing to me, something human. I didn't allow myself to feel, or to accept my own emotions, and honestly, I was fine with it…until I met you. "  I looked up at Youngmin, my gaze gentle as I listened to my beating heart. 

 

"Because of you, without even realizing it, I began to act for myself. I was no longer concerned of what I was missing, or what I lacked… because when I was with you, I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel the loneliness, or the emptiness." I reached for his hand, placing my own besides his. The ring glistened as I stared at the engraved words. 

 

"Even though I am not perfect, and even though I am weak…." I smiled at the warmth of his fingers, amazed that just by his touch, I could felt so strong. " Please….. let me stay by your side."