Opportunities

Our Love Story

Youngmin's point of view

Han Yoo-Jin was legendary. Not only a musical genius by birth, but also one of the most influential people in the entertainment world. She was superior, and had absolute power. She could either make you or break you. I gulped nervously as she smiled at me. Even in her late thirties, she was still as beautiful as they say. Like a mythical creature, no one knew anything of her life. Never married, childless, she was a women that never loved. An ice queen.

"Hello, Youngmin-shi." Her gaze was playful. I swallowed the remaining food, clearing my throat. "Hello Ms. Han Yoo-Jin.." My voice was expectedly timid. She stood out among the rest in her emerald green gown, large diamonds proudly resting her neck. "How have you been?" She asked kindly. I began to remember when I first met her at my grandmother's resort. "Very well, you are as beautiful as ever." I complimented. She smirked, patting my back. "No need to flatter me. I am not here for you and your brother. I have other plans..." Her voice drifted into a fade as she turned towards the opening doors. 

..........................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

Running in the empty hall, following Soon-Bok, I panted at the heaviness of the gown. The ravishing dress from the boutique was perfectly snug against my body. Finally at the closed doors, Soon-bok stopped me, teaching me a short lesson of educate. "When you walk, make sure you do not step on your dress. When you laugh, cover your mouth. Straighten your back and hold your head up high." She posed me into position. I grunted in discomfort. When she was satisfied, she did last minute touches, rearranging my bangs. 

She pushed the doors open, stepping aside, letting me in. I looked around in awe. It was the first I saw something so extravagant. My mouth hung open as I gazed at the gold and red christmas inspired interior. Elegant candle lights and orchestra music were glowing and playing softly in the ballroom. I blushed as everyone stared at us. I fidgeted with my fingertips, self conscious. I recognized Joori and In-Tak seated at the table at the back of the room. I carefully made my way towards them as Joori gasped. "Hayoung..your dress."

............................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

Daniel, a foreign friend and I were chatting, catching up, when suddenly he turned his head. I followed his gaze at a girl walking in a beautiful white gown that glowed softly against the ambiance of the candle lights. I felt my breath taken away, recognizing Hayoung. She was a goddess, walking slowly into the room. Her long lean figure married the waves of fabric  below her waist as her creamy shoulders were revealed elegantly. Her lost and nervous expression was of a innocent lamb entering a den of hungry wolves. People began staring at her as she obliviously made her way towards the back. "Who is she?" Daniel whispered, in awe. I blinked at a loss for words.

.......................................................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

"What?..Is something wrong?" I panicked, wondering if I looked strange. She blankly shook her head, absentminded. "You look...amazing." She said, stunned. I blushed, suddenly anxious. "Y-yeah right, Joori. You're exaggerating." I looked around at the peering eyes. Why is everyone look at me?

Mr. Smitthen joined me, smiling. "Wow, Ms. Na! You look great!" He winked, complimenting me. Embarrassed, I giggled shyly. "There is someone I want you to meet." He whispered. I looked at him, curious. He lead me passed the familiar faces of celebrities, towards a large beautiful christmas tree. I gasped, recognizing who it was...

...........................................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I was breathless. She approached me slowly like a wingless angel. I felt my heart beating furiously as she stood in front of me. It was as if the entire room was blurred except for her. She radiated brightly, leaving me in a state of paralyzes. 

................................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

Youngmin came into view as Mr. Smitten walked towards him and an unknown women. Her back was turned, masking her face. I blushed at Youngmin's rare appearance. In pure white, his blond hair complimented his snowy tuxedo. I stood in front of him, suddenly embarrassed. "Ms. Han Yoo-Jin?" Mr. Smitten called out to the mysterious women with golden hair. She turned around, revealing her face. I gasped, recognizing the women from the boutique. 

She smiled as I my eyes widened in shock. "We meet again...Hayoung-shi." I blinked, unsure of what had just happened. "H-H-Hello." I stuttered. She chuckled, eying the dress she had left for me. "As expected, it looks magnificent on you." Youngmin looked at us curious, raising an eyebrow. Mr. Smitten laughed gently, "You've met each other before?" He asked, surprised. I nodded, fixed on her gaze. "I was in the boutique when she bought this dress." She pointed at the gown, not mentioning it was her that had given it to me.

"What a small world." Mr. Smitten chuckled. "Hayoung, this is Han Yoo-Jin. Remember when I told you, you reminded me of someone that time? This is her. She was a student of mine back in America." I greeted her timidly. "How do you do?..I am Na Hayoung." She brushed her hand against my arm, smiling. 

.............................................................................................

The nervousness was overpowering as we sat alone, facing each other. Youngmin left, having to help Mr. Smitten pull names out of the raffle for the christmas prizes. I fumbled with my ring under the table. "Hayoung-shi?" Her voice was light and kind. "Y-Yes?" I quickly responded. "I have been wanting to meet you." She smiled softly. Questions began to fill my head. "Um... if you don't mind...Could you tell me why you gave me this dress?" I asked, sincerely curious.

"I wore that dress to my very first award's ceremony. It's very special to me.. I wanted to give it as a gift to you." I bit my lip, still confused. "But why me?"Her gaze became serious. "You remind me of when I was younger. I can see the passion when you sing... that is why I want you to come with me to America."