PRETTY BOY- CL PART 5

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

PRETTY BOY- CL PART 5

 

The next morning, CL and her friends woke up early to catch the earliest flight back to Seoul. As they were heading to the reception to check out,

 

“Ma’am, um, please take this with you... this is a gift from Mr. Lu” Mr. Nam stated as he handed CL a glass bottle.

 

CL stared at it confused at what the meaning of the bottle was,

 

“Hmph! What a waste! It’s just water!” Bom uttered as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

 

“Ma’am he insisted that you see it during night time.” Mr. Nam added as he looked at CL’s reaction towards the bottle.

 

CL just nodded and stared at it for a long time. Trying to stop herself from tearing up once again... it brings back memories of their walks along the seashore.

 

CL together with her friends walked out of the resort with a heavy heart.

 

“They were so perfect and happy together!” Taeyeon uttered as she gave off a sigh, looking at the vehicle driving off.


During their flight...

 

“The nerve of that guy! If he really cared for uri Chaerinnie he would have been the one who will personally hand that piece of junk to her!” Bom stated letting out her frustrations.

 

“Good riddance!” Dara seconded as they looked at CL who has remained silent the moment they left the resort.

 

“If it was good riddance, then why do I feel this way?” CL sighed as she placed the shade down of the window and closed her eyes to try and sleep.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan left that same night, after giving instructions about the bottle, he knew he had to make things right before he could face CL again.

 

Aboard Luhan’s chartered flight, he was together with Xiumin, Sehun and Tiffany.

 

“Tiffany... we have to talk.” Luhan uttered with a serious tone.

 

“If it’s about that other woman... I already forgave you... I understand that I have been neglecting you and you just looked for another woman’s care... I totally understand it... I was like that with you when you’re so busy with your work... I feel neglected... so I seek out for others!” Tiffany stated in a plain tone looking at her freshly manicured finger nails.

 

“What?! You had other relationships?” Luhan was surprised at the revelation.

 

“Uh-huh... dear, in this day and age... when you are bored... there are plenty of fishes waiting to be hooked... so no worries... consider it as like we are now even.” Tiffany smiled.

 

Luhan smiled back and shook his head and said in a serious tone,

 

“Tiffany, I never did liked you...from the very start I was just doing what a loyal son would do in order to help his father succeed in the business, now I can officially break up our engagement.” Luhan smirked as he saw Tiffany’s shocked expression.

 

“What are you talking about?! You can’t do that! The merger MY father made with your company will be a great loss to you!” Tiffany shouted out of anger.

 

Luhan smirked and stared at Tiffany with a threat.

 

“The merger I made with your father will be a great loss to your shopping money once our partnership is destroyed if you make a big deal out of our broken engagement!” Luhan then stood up and went at the far side of the plane to join his friends at the bar and left Tiffany dumbfounded.

 

 

O====o=======o======o

 

Weeks passed by since that fateful vacation, CL has been successful at avoiding and ignoring all of Luhan’s calls, messages and even when Uncle Dao was having a meeting with his nephew, Luhan, CL would make it sure that she was nowhere near the conference room.

 

“So, how is it my dear nephew? Any progress?” Uncle Dao asked after the two finalized some of the terms and conditions on their contract.

 

Luhan leaned his head back at the head rest of the chair and released a sigh,

 

“No luck... I have been coming here for weeks and not a sight of her hair have I seen... she makes sure not to make her presence be seen or felt... Unc... what am I to do?” Luhan uttered as he slumped his head on the table.

 

“Aigoo... you are acting like a high school kid... you are an adult... you know what to do!” Uncle Dao patted his nephew’s head lightly.

 

“I have finally drafted the contract with the Hwang Company, and I adjusted everything and demanded everything I wanted, they agreed to it even with my engagement with Tiffany has been broken off, they are still willing to do business with the company.” Luhan uttered.

 

“That’s my boy!” Uncle Dao smiled, “Did you explain to her what your status were at that time?” uncle asked, Luhan shook his head.

 

“She didn’t give me a chance to explain! I can barely keep my senses ever since the last time I saw her... I saw how hurt she was... and partly it was my fault for not telling her about my situation... but I considered that situation as nothing... which was my mistake... I should have been honest with her, uncle!” Luhan replied as he continued to place his face on the table facing his uncle.

 

“Stop acting like that... you look like a squished bug like that!” Uncle Dao uttered as he took out his cellphone and took a stolen shot of his nephew looking like a weird drunk man.

 

“Yah! Uncle! Delete that!” Luhan was at attention trying to grab the phone from his uncle’s hand, just that moment, a knock from the door was to be heard, then the door opened and in came CL looking at the sight before her.

 

Luhan was ready to pounce on his uncle trying to grab the phone from him while Uncle Dao was trying to keep a straight face.

 

“Um... sorry... I’ll come back later.” CL uttered as she quickly closed the door, leaving nothing to chance as she ran as fast as she could and hid herself at the farthest restroom.

 

“Chaerin... wait!” Luhan called out to her as he failed to grab the phone from his uncle and went out of the conference room trying to run after her.

 

Luhan failed to run after her and came back to the conference room with a defeated sigh, he looked up at his uncle who was laughing at something over his phone.

 

Luhan neared his uncle and he saw that his uncle was doodling at his face.

 

“Unc! That’s childish! Don’t you dare post that!” Luhan stated trying to sound stern.

 

“Well then... I think you need to reconcile with Chaerin as soon as possible... or else this phone my get snatched away... and your photo will be all over the social media...” Uncle Dao was trying to keep his laughter to himself seeing his nephew’s panic-stricken face.

 

“Arasso...arasso... you win... I will try my best... but you have to help me... since she doesn’t want to meet with me... you have got to help me” Luhan stated as he sat down with his uncle to device a plan for them to meet.

 

O=====o=====o

 

Later that afternoon, CL came back to the office of Uncle Dao to discuss somethings about the merger with LExon.

 

Since she came back from vacation, she has been working directly for Uncle Dao.

 

“Sir... you wanted to speak to me sir?” CL knocked lightly on the door as she peeked and saw that Uncle Dao was alone.

 

“Yes, come in my dear... come in.” Uncle Dao gestured for her to come in.

 

“About these documents... they are needed to be signed today... and I happen to know that my nephew is still at his office, and since you were the one who is responsible for this merger, I need you to layout with him the terms and conditions of the contract.” Uncle Dao uttered in a serious tone trying very hard not to let out a smile.

 

“But sir...” CL was about to protest when she was interrupted by Uncle Dao

 

 

“My dear... you are the one spearheading this project with them, you need to discuss the terms with him.” Uncle Dao ordered in a very strict tone leaving CL with no choice but do as what she was told, she got the envelope and was heading out the door when,

 

“Chaerin... he also wants to talk to you... please, do hear him out...” Uncle Dao uttered in a soft tone

 

“Then maybe sir, he should have taken into consideration what I would have felt at that moment. If he really cared for me at all... then he wouldn’t let it go so far as to hurt me in the process, I trusted him with my heart, very few times I have done that and I had been very careful about it, I gave him my heart, but Luhan... just threw it away like a piece of trash!” CL sounded broken and hurt trying very hard not to cry in front of Uncle Dao

 

“Chaerin-ah... I am apologizing in behalf of my -headed nephew... I can see that you still have feelings for him... but could you find it in your heart to hear him out?” Uncle Dao reasoned out as he looked at CL who was opening the door,

 

“I’ll try sir, I’ll try.”

 

O=====o=======o

 

Uncle Dao’s secretary has arranged for an appointment so that CL wouldn’t have a hard time meeting with Luhan.

 

CL was preparing herself gathering the strength to face her greatest disappointment.

 

Luhan’s secretary, Mrs. So greeted her as she informed Luhan of her arrival through the intercom.

 

“Sir... a Ms. Lee Chaerin is here to see you, sir?” Mrs. So asked

 

“Please let her in...” Luhan uttered trying not to sound desperate, but failing in the process since he replied as soon as he can which surprised his secretary.

 

“Ms. Lee, you may come in now... just go through that door, that’s his office.” Mrs. So pointed to the door across from them.

 

“Thank you.” CL smiled as she took a deep breath and regained her composure.

 

The moment CL opened the doors, Luhan’s head snapped back up hoping to finally see her once again.

 

CL slowly walked in and turned around to close the door and walked towards Luhan’s table and placed the envelope on it.

 

“Please do sit down.” Luhan offered.

 

“I won’t be long... I just need you to sign the contract.” CL replied plainly.

 

Luhan opened the envelope and in it what he saw brought shock to him, he quickly placed it back and shook his head, and he tried to steal a glance at CL who was impatiently waiting for him to sign it.

 

“Andwae... I won’t.” Luhan shook his head as he watched CL’s reaction turn from indifferent to confusion.

 

“Excuse me? What?” CL asked

 

“I won’t sign them...” Luhan stated placing his hands on the envelope as if trying to guard its secret.

 

CL then rolled her eyes and sat on the chair in front of Luhan’s table and released a sigh.

 

“Why aren’t you answering any of my calls? Why are you avoiding me?” Luhan began to ask.

 

“Really now? You want to go that way?” CL asked nonchalantly

 

“Everytime I go to my uncle’s office, you made it a point not to show yourself... why is that?” Luhan wondered.

 

“Luhan... it’s simple... I don’t want to see you again.” CL answered.

 

“Then why are you here?” Luhan asked

 

“As per the orders of your uncle... he ordered me to go here and give you those papers to sign... so can you sign them so that I can be on my way?” CL answered sarcastically.

 

“No.” Luhan replied.

 

“Why the hell not?!” CL was starting to raise her voice as she stood up and placed her hands on her waist.

 

“Cause... it’s not the right contract.” Luhan tapped the envelope.

 

“Fine then, give it back to me so that I can take it back and make a new one!” CL tried to grab the envelope back but Luhan refused to give it.

 

“I’ll have you know that Tiffany and I are now through” Luhan uttered looking at CL trying to reach for her phone to contact Uncle Dao about the mistake.

 

“What do you expect me to do with that information? Am I supposed to be happy about it? Am I supposed to jump for joy that finally you are now available? Do you really think that after breaking up with her you will get another chance with me?” CL stated trying to control her anger, she took a deep breath and looked straight into Luhan’s eyes

 

“That bit of information is of no importance to me, thank you and have a nice life!” CL was about to walk out because she couldn’t take it anymore, she knew she still has some feelings for Luhan.

 

“Chaerin-ah... I never did like her... it was just for business, when I saw you for the first time, I knew there wasn’t anything special that happened, but I got interested in you and then interest became like and it evolved into something I never dreamed I could possibly feel, I am so sorry... I knew I should’ve just been honest with you... it was real Chaerin... it’s neither a dream nor a nightmare...ours was never a dream... it’s real Chaerin... my feelings for you are real... I am real...” Luhan inched closer to CL whose back was facing him.

 

CL remained quiet with her head bowed down, her hands on the door knob, tears falling from her eyes, she spun around and looked at Luhan...

 

“How can I make it up to you? What must I do to prove it to you, Chaerin-ah?” Luhan sounded desperate as he stared back into her eyes,

 

CL cried and smiled.

 

“Perhaps... you owe me a date... and not just some date... a dinner date!”

 

Luhan was so busy studying her face, he was trying to memorize her face, just in case she decides not to forgive him, so that he can have the memory of her wonderful face in his mind, to keep him going.

 

CL’s brows furrowed as she looked at Luhan with confusion.

 

After a moment, realization hit Luhan as he smiled and grabbed CL in a tight embrace.

 

“What?! It took you about 10 seconds to realize that I am forgiving you?” CL teased as she lightly hit Luhan’s head as she heard Luhan laugh.

 

And just then Luhan dropped the envelope he was holding and out came a paper with something printed on it... it wasn’t the contract... it was a picture... of Luhan making a weird face... with some doodles on his face... thick eyebrows... dots on his face... colored teeth and lots of doodles.

 

“Was that inside the envelope all along?” CL pointed out at the printed picture on the floor.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened in fear as he looked at the photo taken by his uncle with doodles on his face.

 

 

OoO

 

 

O=====O=====O

 

 

THE END OF PRETTY BOY AND THE CONTINUATION OF LOLLIPOP TO FOLLOW.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i can't bare not to give a happy ending for this couple... kekekekekekekek

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

coomment down below

 

 

~lostschoolboy~