GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 3

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 3

 

Minzy was doing her shift in the coffee shop as Xiumin was busy arranging their purchase order for the day. All of a sudden, Lay came barging inside with good news.

 

"Minzy! Minzy! Minzy!!!" Lay shouted excitedly as he was holding a bunch of papers in his hands jumping in excitement.

 

"Oppa! What is it?! What is it?" Minzy also jumped up and down together with him as he seemed so excited about something.

 

"You got the part! You got the part!" Lay uttered as he showed Minzy the paper that has the script for the part Minzy auditioned for in a local stage play.

 

"Really?! Is this really real?" Minzy was all smiles as she stared at the piece of paper with her name on the paper and the role she was going to play.

 

"Oppa! Is this real? I get to play the supporting role next to Seo Juhyun… the Seo Juhyun?! Whoa!" Minzy exclaimed as she looked over the script as Xiumin looked over her shoulders

 

"Yah! Lay! Why did you give her a job? How am I supposed to find someone to replace her then? Hmmm?" Xiumin asked with his hands on his hips, Lay just scratched his head when an idea popped up in his head

 

"Ah!!! I have an idea… I have a distant cousin who needs part time job… mind taking them in?" Lay stated as he grabbed his phone and talked to his cousin on the phone.

 

"Can I afford them?" Xiumin raised a brow as he tried to think it over

 

"Mian, Umin-oppa!" Minzy pouted as she showed him her aegyo

 

"I don't want to be the one who will hinder you from your dreams… this is it… your big break… do your best arasso!?" Xiumin patted Minzy's head when they all heard the door chime tinkle informing them of a new customer.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!!! Welcome to THE COFFEE SHOP!!! What will you be having today?!" Minzy greeted loudly

 

"Minzy?!"

 

"I am sorry… she is not in the menu!" Lay smiled as he tapped the customer on his right shoulder

 

"T-Tao?!" Minzy uttered in surprise as she then introduced him to her oppas, "Oppas… he is Tao he's my high school friend! Tao, this is Xiumin-oppa, he owns the coffee shop and this is Lay-oppa he is helping me with stage plays."

 

"Why do we know of this only now? Hmmm? Minzy… explain yourself!" Lay uttered teasing Minzy who was already turning red from all the attention she was getting, "Aigoo… you little punk you! I am only teasing you and you get shy already? What will happen when you are already on stage then? What happens when you need to kiss on stage?!" he continued to tease the reddening Minzy

 

"Yah! Why must there be a kissing scene already?! Uri Minkki here is just a baby!" Xiumin uttered as he grabbed Minzy and brought her closer to his side, this did not escape Tao's eyes which already looked murderously

 

"Yo chill man! You could kill with those eyes!" Xiumin teased as he pushed Minzy towards Tao and added, "Minkki… go have your 30-minute break and entertain your guest!"

 

"Oppa!?" Minzy was at a loss as she just did what she was told to do as she first took Tao's order and went to sit comfortably by the glass window overlooking the scenery of the local park.

 

When they  were already settled down, Minzy released a sigh and said, "I apologize for the oppas attacking you like that!"

 

"No worries… actually I envy them… having that kind of relationship with you…" Tao trailed as a memory hit him.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Minji-ah! Your classmates are here already!!! Palli!!!" Mrs. Gong stated as she served Minzy's classmates with some juice and biscuits as they wait for Minzy to get ready,

 

"I am coming mom!!!" Minzy replied as she hurriedly went down the stairs only to see that her friends were happily munching on the snacks offered by her mom.

 

"Yah! Come on! I am ready already!" Minzy uttered as her words fell on deaf ears as her friends still munched on the snacks.

 

"This is delicious… have a seat and eat first!"  Tao stated in between munches as he grabbed Minzy's wrist and pulled her down making her sit beside him as he placed one biscuit in front of making her open

 

"Tao? What are you doing? I can eat on my own!" Minzy uttered as she grabbed the biscuit and munched it as she saw her seatmate/friends busying themselves with the food.

 

"Mrs. Gong! Your home made biscuits are the best!" Kitty smiled as she smiled at Mrs. Gong.

 

"Okay guys! Come on… we only have 30 minutes left before the bus leaves for the field trip!" Seulgi uttered as she together with Minzy tried to drag Tao, Kitty, Key, and Soohyun off of the snack table.

 

"Bye mom!!!" Minzy waved and bid her mom a goodbye.

 

The group barely made it in time… and as usual they were arranged in their seating arrangment as well inside the bus. Minzy was seatmates with both Tao and Key, so she was seated together with the person who was seated on her right, which was Tao, Key on the other hand was seated together with Kitty.

 

Tao was his usual playful self as he tried to tease and tickle Minzy the whole duration of the trip. Whenever he sees Minzy about to fall asleep, he would poke her sides and make her jump in surprise. When they reached a bumpy road, Minzy hit her head hard.

 

"Ouch!" Minzy uttered as she rubbed the side of her head, Tao was so worried that he enveloped his arms around her and patted her head.

 

"Yah! Minzy! Are you alright? That is why I told you we should switch seats… you might bump your head on the window!" Tao stated worriedly much to Minzy's surprise,

 

"Eh? This is a field trip not a date, you two!" Seulgi uttered making Minzy even more embarassed

 

"Yah! Tao! Let go!" Minzy stated as she pouted and looked away from him.

 

"Look! You made her mad!" Tao pouted like a child as he pointed an accusing finger on Seulgi.

 

During the whole duration of their field trip, Tao was always tailing behind Minzy always on the look out for her.

 

"Yah! Aren't you paying too much attention on her? It's causing too much misunderstandings already!" TJ uttered being concerned with Tao still having a girlfriend in the province.

 

"What are you saying? I am just concerned with her that's all!" Tao stated as he furrowed his brows together

 

"You might just be concerned… but what about her… stop leading her on… make sure she is clear about your relationship with her… don't be too nice to her if you don't plan to pursue her!" TJ stated in a frustrated voice

 

"Yah! Do you have feelings for her?" Tao asked, stopping TJ from walking

 

"Ani! I am just saying as your friend… don't make it too complicated… if you like her… then break things up with Kimmy first and pursue her… so that no one will talk bad thing about her!" TJ exclaimed as he walked ahead of Tao leaving him stunned.

 

"So… you are in a play?" Tao asked with his hand on his chin

 

"Neh! I have loved the theater and have dreamed of acting… and finally Lay-oppa gave me my break! I start rehearsals next week!" Minzy uttered excitedly showing Tao her script.

 

And so… Tao became Minzy's reading partner, she would practice and memorize her lines with him after she finishes her shift, the two would meet at the park and study Minzy's lines together.

 

"Thank you." Minzy smiled one day after they finished studying her lines as they decided to lay down a blanket under a tree facing the pond in the park.

 

"For what?" Tao asked stretching out his long legs onto the blanket

 

"For helping me with my lines… I know that you are busy yourself, but you still find time for me." Minzy replied as she folded her script and placed it inside her bag.

 

"Minzy… what happened?" Tao began to ask as he tilted his head to the side looking at Minzy

 

"What happened with what?" Minzy wondered as she hugged her legs near her

 

"I mean what happened to us? We were friends right? Why didn't we get in touch with one another?" Tao wondered

 

"Hmmm… well for one thing you were busy with Kimmy back then and I got busy with the entrance exams for college… we both got busy with our lives." Minzy shrugged her shoulders

 

"I mean… our friendship was something that couldn't be stopped just because we both got busy, right?" Tao asked as he looked at Minzy seriously

 

"Honestly Tao… I don’t know… I really don't know what happened…" Minzy uttered as she looked far away.

 

FLASHBACK

 

KRING! KRING!

 

"Minji-ah… it's for you! It's Tao!" Mrs. Gong informed as Minzy ran down the stairs towards the telephone.

 

"Hello?" Minzy greeted trying to catch her breath

 

"UM… Minji… um… we're through!" Tao's voice seemed to be down after saying those words he released a defeated sigh

 

"What do you mean, you're through?" Minzy asked in confusion

 

"Kimmy and I, we just ended it… isn't it funny… we ended it through the phone, since I cannot go to where she was… she called me and told me we are through… she told me that she couldn't handle our situation… she couldn't stand me not being by her side… it's hard for me as well, you know?" Minzy just allowed Tao to talk and talk as she just listened to him rant and then sigh and then reminisce

 

Minzy and Tao talked until dawn, it was already 3 am when they decided to sleep and see each other in school and talk about it.

 

During flag ceremony, two students were standing and moving like zombies across the campus grounds, obviously looking like they lack sleep.

 

"Did you hear?! Did you hear the news? It seems as though Tao and Kimmy have already broken up!" Jas whispered with her classmates

 

"Really? That is news! Finally… Minzy will get her chance to be with Tao then! They are obviously a couple!"

 

"Don't you think Minzy was the reason for their break up?"

 

"Minzy… have you heard?" Kitty stated hooking her arm on Minzy's

 

"What?!" Minzy's voice was so low that it croaked

 

"Tao and Kimmy have broken up!" Kitty uttered excitedly

 

Minzy decided to keep quiet that she already knew of the news, since she had first hand information with it seeing that the involved party called her and they talked until the wee hours of the morning. She wanted to avoid the teasings and misunderstandings yet again about Tao and her.

 

During their dismissal, Tao and Minzy were left in the classroom, as Tao was seemingly down and quiet… Minzy just looked at him and waited for him to talk, she knew that all he needed right now is someone to listen to him.

 

"Minji-ah… komawo." Tao stated as he laid his head on the table and just stared into nothing

 

"It's nothing… you need some time alone?" Minzy asked with concern as she looked at Tao, he just smiled and slowly nodded

 

"Arasso… be careful on your way home, okay. I will be going now." Minzy smiled and patted his back.

Minzy was waiting for a bus to arrive at the bus stop, since school finished earlier, she decided to meet up with her cousin at the nearby bookstore.

 

"You know what? I am jealous of you?" TJ uttered from behind her

 

"Huh?! What?" Minzy wondered

 

"I mean… I am the best friend here okay… and I get to know it second… you were the first to know that they have broken up… and I came second…I, the best friend… was second to know of their break up… why you?" TJ ranted jokingly as he nudged Minzy, "so… now is your chance to jump the gun!"

 

"Yah! Could you stop that! It's not like that… I do admit, I like the guy… but I am not like any other girl that would celebrate just because the guy I like is suddenly available!" Minzy exclaimed admitting to Tao's best friend the she likes his best friend.

 

That month, Minzy was the first to know that Tao and Kimmy have broken up… and later that month, Minzy was the last to know that Tao and Kimmy have gotten back together.