GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 2

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 2

 

"I know something that cheer you up! I have an opening gala I need to attend tonight… and I badly need a friend-to-comfort." CL stated while entering Minzy's room.

 

"Unnie, I love you and all... but please just go away!" Minzy's voice was muffled from the pillow that was covering her face as soon as she heard CL barging in her room, how she got in without the key is beyond her already.

 

"Minkki-ah... I cannot just bear to see you like this... I have the perfect event for you… I have an opening gala to attend to tonight… it is for a charity cause…it will be hosted by a good friend of mine… Jeremy Scott… I know you like his designs… so come on… get your off of that bed and dress up!" CL tried to pry Minzy away from the bed, but Minzy wouldn't budge.

 

"Unnie, I really don't feel like doing anything today… I am not in the mood to socialize…" Minzy trailed off

 

"Minkki-ah, we are young… we need to enjoy life… set aside those hurts and pains and party our life away… do not dwell so much in the past and focus yourself on the future… c'mon… it is for a good cause!" CL reasoned out as she sat on the bed rubbing Minzy's back trying to ease her pain.

 

"Unnie, why does it hurt so much?" Minzy uttered in a defeated sigh

 

"Because you loved him… and that is normal… to feel hurt… because, that is what makes everything you do real… you feel things you haven't felt before… that is the thrill… c'mon… I hate serious talks…let us just forget about that guy for a while… you can cry about him some other day!" CL smiled as she saw Minzy take the pillow away from her face showing a puffy eyed face.

 

"W-ell… it's for a good cause right?" Minzy slowly smiled as she scooted near CL and hugged her from behind.

 

"Wheeee!!! I knew it! And I have the perfect dress for you… these is one of my new style for my summer collection… I am so excited!!!" CL clapped her hands in excitement as she took out the dress from the dress bag.

 

A few minutes later, after Minzy tried to put on the dress…

 

 

UNNIE!!! WHAT IS THIS I AM WEARING?!

 

"Just trust me! I am also wearing my creation… it's an opening gala, everyone is going to be there, I even called Ssang-Park unnies to go with us!" CL clapped her hands as she spun Minzy around

 

DING DONG!

 

"Aha! Just in time!!!" CL stated as she hurriedly went to open the door for Bom and Dara

 

"Really unnie! You act as if you live here!" Minzy rolled her eyes as she looked at herself in the mirror trying to understand the concept of CL's current fashion trend.

 

Later that evening, the girls then attended the gala of one of CL's friends in the business, Jeremy Scott.

 

At the event, the girls saw Kris and Chanyeol in attendance roaming around the venue.

 

"Oppa!? What are you doing here?" CL uttered with gritted teeth eyeing Kris as if sending him some sort of signal

 

"I thought you said-" Kris stopped from talking after receiving a stomp of the foot, "Oof!!!"

 

"Ah neh! We were also invited to the event, I am going to perform later!" Chanyeol answered

 

"Right! I am going to model for the designer later!" Kris winked at CL as the rest of the girls giggled with Minzy just feeling left out.

 

CL planned to invite every one of their friends to cheer Minzy up and everyone who was available attended the gala.

 

CL and Kris went back stage to get ready for the cat walk, meanwhile Ssang Park were busy being interviewed by some reporters, meanwhile, Minzy was feeling a bit out of place as she was the only one left sitting at their designated table.

 

Then after awhile, someone placed a drink on the table in front of Minzy and spoke

 

"This should be the work of your date!"

 

Minzy was so down that she didn't even look at who it was , "If I had one!" she sighed taking a sip of the drink being offered to her.

 

"Yah! You shouldn’t drink that so carelessly! What if I placed some sleeping pills there or what if I drugged the drink?!" the man said in a state of panic at what the girl just did

 

"Really? Tao? Could you even do it?" Minzy squinted her eyes as she looked at his towering frame

 

"Well, I could if I wanted to!" Tao smiled as he took the seat beside Minzy.

 

"What are you doing here?" Minzy asked as she continued drinking whatever it was in the glass

 

"Well… since I have my own clothing brand and my father is one of the sponsors of the event, I am how do you say it? Showing face for the public?" Tao replied as he shrugged his shoulders and crossed his legs in such a professional manner, "Honestly speaking, where is your date?"

 

"I already told you, I don't have any!" Minzy replied as she then saw Bry entering the venue with another woman in his arm,

 

"Really Minzy… keeping you company and not leaving you alone should be the work of your date? Where is he?" he added.

 

"Here he comes with his new girl…" Minzy sounded dejected as Tao turned to look at where she was looking at.

 

"That's your boyfriend?" Tao exclaimed with disbelief

 

"Correction… my ex-boyfriend!" Minzy said with gritted teeth, "Why?"

 

"Cause the girl he is with… that's my ex-girlfriend Shai." Tao replied plainly

 

"Oh, is that so? Well, bye then!" Minzy immediately stood up and was about to walk away when Tao stopped her by lightly grabbing her arm.

 

"Wait! Where are you going?" Tao asked as he also stood up, catching the attention of some people nearby

 

"Cause I won't accept to be seen together with the ex-boyfriend of the girl my ex is dating… that is just so twisted!" Minzy freed her arm from his hold and continued to walk away hurriedly looking for the nearest exit.

 

Tao caught after her and uttered while trying to match his pace with her, "Then would you accept to be seen together with a friend then?"

 

"That is just the same thing!" Minzy was not in the mood for jokes, because she saw how sweet Bry was towards the girl, it made her even more furious that he has already found another girl to replace her immediately.

 

"Well, at least tell me where you are going?" Tao asked in a worried tone

 

"To the ladies room, to get my head together!" Minzy replied angrily as she found the direction towards the rest room.

 

Little did Minzy know, that her friends were just hiding close by, eavesdropping on everything that had happened. CL saw that Bry signed up for the gala event last week and she knew how prude that man is and he wouldn't waste the money he spent for getting the invites, and she also saw Tao's name on the list of VIPs so it was the perfect venue for the two high school sweethearts to meet again.

 

"Yah! Yah! Someone needs to talk to her, she is not heading straight for the rest room. I think she is heading home!" Chanyeol stated as he saw her changing directions heading straight for the door.

 

Just when Minzy was out the door…

 

"Minkki-ah… where are you going?" Dara ran out the door while catching her breath

 

"Home!" Minzy replied in a clipped tone

 

"C'mon, stop worrying about that guy and let us have some fun!" Dara tried to keep Minzy calm and she was failing miserably

 

"Thank you unnie… but that is not what I need now… I want to go home… I want to be alone…" Minzy uttered as she hugged Dara and walked away.

 

Meanwhile, inside the gala, Tao saw a familiar face amongst the crowd… he saw Minzy's friend, he tried to approach her and ask here where she was and he learnt that she just stormed out of the venue on her own.

 

"She insisted on going home ALONE!" CL stressed on the word alone as she saw Tao's eyes widened and saw him storm out of the venue with a panic stricken face.

 

Tao stormed out of the venue and headed straight towards the guard and asked as to what direction Minzy headed to, when Dara overheard them talking and recognized Tao as the high school friend from last time.

 

"She just ran towards that direction, I was about to go in and call the othe-" Dara was not yet finished with her explanation when Tao took off and ran towards the direction he was pointed to.

 

It was a good thing that he was a fast runner, he caught up with Minzy who was staggering by the sidewalk near the park.

 

"Minzy… wait up!" Tao shouted out as he finally caught up with her, trying to catch his breath

 

"I want to be alone!!! Just leave!" Minzy stated in an annoyed manner,

 

"Not in this time of the night! It's very dangerous walking alone dressed like you are asking for something to happen to you…" Tao exclaimed trying to reason with Minzy as she continued on walking, until Tao caught up with her and stood in front of her

 

"Go away! Look, Tao… I am sorry if I am bad company tonight… I just have to be alone!" Minzy uttered as she staggered a bit, feeling a bit dizzy

 

"Minzy… you are drunk…you finished one whole glass of a hard drink… which, if memory serves right… you are not really that good handling your alcohol… it is dangerous!" Tao reasoned as he held onto Minzy's shoulders.

 

"You are so noisy! Shut up!" Minzy was slurring abit with her words as she tried to walk on her own

 

"if you insist… I will stay quiet as I can be so that in any way you can feel you are alone!" Tao raised his arms up and stepped back as he allowed Minzy to walk freely on her own.

 

After a few minutes, Minzy was getting fed up and have had enough already, she stopped walking and stomped her foot and looked back at Tao who was just lazily walking behind her.

 

"STOP IT!"

 

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything?" Tao stated innocently.

 

"That's just it! You are not doing anything! Can you please stop that, you are bugging me… if you are to pester me… might as well talk to me than having me experience deafening silence!" Minzy uttered

 

"Whew! Minzy… I never knew that you were irritable when you are drunk!" Tao jested as he walked beside Minzy, "Look, Minzy… I just want us to be friends again… we were once friends, remember?"

 

"I know… it's just not the right time…you know… girls stuff!" Minzy replied plainly looking straight

 

"You are not a girl anymore… you are not in high school anymore… we both are two different people but we once shared a friendship, that's got to mean something?" Tao asked as he saw Minzy stop walking in front of a gate.

 

The venue was just outside the village.

 

"This is your place? I guess I will see you then?" Tao smiled as Minzy smiled back which caught him by surprise, Tao walked away and then stopped for a moment and stated, "Oh… wrong thing to do right? I still remember what you said to me the first time I walked you home!" Tao waved his hand and walked

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was one rainy afternoon, Minzy missed the last trip of bus going to their village and she didn't bring an umbrella since she didn't see the need to bring it. She started walking towards the main road when all of a sudden, she thought that the rain stopped, only to notice that someone was walking with her and covering her with an umbrella. She saw who it was and she smiled.

 

"No use covering me… I am already wet!" Minzy smiled as she showed Tao her drenched uniform

 

"Might as well join you then, what happened? You missed the bus?" Tao asked as he adjusted his gym bag and closed his umbrella as the two of them began to get really drenched by the rain.

 

"Uh huh… and what about you… no afternoon practice?" Minzy gestured towards the bag

 

"Nah… coach cancelled it, afraid that we might get stranded with the heavy rainfall!" Tao answered as they crossed the road and headed for the corner, when they turned to the corner, a group of rowdy guys greeted Minzy and tried to bully her. It was a good thing Tao was there to protect her from the thugs as he shoved them away from Minzy and he grabbed her arm and sprinted off as far away from the guys as possible.

 

When they reached a safe distance away from the thugs, they decided to catch a breather just outside the gate of the village where Minzy lives.

 

"Thank you for  walking me home… had I been alone.. I would have been in the nightly news already… thanks Tao!" Minzy smiled as she released a sigh of relief and then after wards, she felt the fear kick in as she trembled trying to walk towards the direction of their house.

 

"Hey are you alright now?" Tao checked up on her worriedly

 

"Yes. Just shaken up abit… thank you." Minzy uttered as she gave Tao a surprise hug to show him her gratitude and relief that he was with her.

 

"Well… that was a unique way to say thanks… but I like it… I'm going then!" Tao waved as he turned his back from Minzy when he felt a light tug at the back of his uniform

 

"Don't walk away… just walk back… I hate to see people walking away from me." Minzy uttered in a trembling voice as Tao immediately turned around and gave her a hug one last time as he walked backwards with a smile.

 

"See you tomorrow!" Tao uttered as Minzy waved goodbye.

 

The following day… the two of them were absent due to high fever.