GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

GOTTA BE YOU- MINZY PART 1

Minzy lives together with her cousin in a house in a subdivision owned by her cousin’s family, it is known as the Green Residences. Her family migrated to Canada and she decided to stay in Seoul and pursue her dream of being an actress on a theatrical stage. There she managed to meet a group of people that became her close friends.

 

CL is her neighbour unnie who designs clothes for a living.

 

 Bom and Dara are her unnies who live only a block away from her house, who are known Radio DJs.

 

Xiumin is an oppa who owns a coffee shop where Minzy works as a Senior Barista.

 

Chanyeol is also an oppa who owns a music store.

 

Kris is a free lance artist who is known for his abstract drawings and designs.

 

Lay put up his own restaurant located just outside the subdivision… it is where Chanyeol sometimes performs.

 

Chen is a novel writer who enjoys the ambiance of the subdivision which is why he chose to live there.

 

Kai and Sehun are brothers who own a dance studio where Minzy frequently visits to do some practice and teach some classes to earn some money for herself.

 

Luhan just graduated from med school and was currently waiting for the results of his board examinations.

 

Lay is an oppa who helped Minzy get into the theatre arts and got her to land a role in an upcoming theatrical musical.

 

======o========o

 

Bom and Minzy were in a grocery store, buying some snacks for that night’s party. Their friends deserved a bit of recognition and celebration for their accomplishments.

 

Xiumin has successfully survived a month of operations of his coffee shop. Luhan finally passed his board exams and is now a certified paediatrician. CL on the other hand was successful in launching a new line of clothing for men, asking some of their friends namely: Kris, Sehun and Chanyeol to model for her.

 

“Unnie, it really makes me feel proud to have friends as accomplished as them!” Minzy uttered as they rummaged aisle per aisle going through the list of things they needed to prepare.

 

A loose cart speeding towards their cart was in a head on collision causing the two ladies to scream out of shock.

 

 

 

BLAG!

 

 

Minzy and Bom slowly opened their eyes seeing their cart still intact as the owner of the other cart came running towards them with a childish smile on his face while scratching the back of his head.

 

“I’m sorry” the guy uttered as he giggled with his friends and walked away

 

“Yah! Why don’t you watch where you’re going! Jerk!” Bom shouted as Minzy tried to calm her friend down

 

“Creep!” Minzy added as she searched for their list on the floor.

 

“I can’t believe there are still guys like them who refuse to grow up! Aish! What’s next on our list?” Bom released an angry sigh looking at Minzy searching for something on the floor.

 

“Unnie… I think I lost our list!” Minzy’s eyes widened in fear, they were at a loss without the list they wouldn’t know what else was needed to buy!

 

“Well there goes a decent party, without that list I might as well grab some bread and some tuna and mayonnaise and make some sandwich and you go grab some juice and we’re done!” Bom uttered to which Minzy worriedly did was she was asked to do.

 

The celebration was a success, although the food wasn’t that satisfying, still they managed to survive with only sandwiches and juice for the party.

 

The following day, the subdivision held a championship basketball game against other participating subdivisions. It was a friendly basketball league held every summer vacation to create camaraderie within other surrounding subdivisions.

 

The basketball team was composed of the boys (Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Lay, Chen, Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol) they were to go against their rival team the Red Residences Basketball team.

 

The game began with a very close score between the Green and Red Team. During the last quarter of the game, Lay made the historical lay-up that made them the champions.

 

The girls cheered them on despite being busy in being in charge of the program for the awarding ceremonies of the basketball league. Meanwhile Minzy was so busy checking around the clubhouse missing the championship.

 

“Where is uri maknae?” Dara searched

 

“Oh you know that little one… she tends to busy herself with her babies!” Bom rolled her eyes as she pointed towards the clubhouse where Minzy was seen organizing the event.

 

After the championship, the awarding ceremonies were held that night.

 

“Minzy… mian… my throat hurts and I can’t sing tonight… mind taking my place instead?” Bom pleaded while massaging her neck.

 

 

 

“Before we begin with the program… let us all stand and sing the national anthem to be led by our very own Gong Minji!” Dara announced excitedly much to Minzy’s surprise, it was as if everything was planned by her two unnies.

 

Minzy stood up the stage and was near to fainting, but then she still managed to sing, everyone was mesmerized by her rendition of the national anthem that no one dared to sing with her, they all wanted to hear her sing. After singing, everyone gave her a round of applause, even if it wasn’t necessary, still everyone cheered for her, making her feel abit happy and proud of herself.

 

Right after the speeches and awarding given to important people, it was now time for them to eat.

 

Minzy was grabbed by Bom immediately towards the end of the line together with the other girls, CL and Dara who were literally dragged by Bom to the line as well.

 

“You have a great voice!” a man commented towards Minzy

 

“Huh?” Minzy was startled

 

“I said you have a great voice!” the man repeated himself

 

“Thank you.” Minzy smiled and felt a bit awkward as she turned herself to face her unnies.

 

She couldn’t help but look back again towards the man standing behind her as she scrunched up her forehead as if thinking very hard.

 

“I’m sorry but I have to ask you something… do I know you?” Minzy asked

 

“You don’t remember me? I was the jerk who bumped into your cart the other day!” the man stated rubbing his neck shyly.

 

“Oh you forgot you are not only a jerk but a creep as well!” Minzy smiled and then extended her hand towards the man

 

“Hi my name is…” Minzy was interrupted by the man who was still smiling

 

“Minzy… yeah I heard your name awhile ago, you were introduced!” the man uttered pointing towards the stage.

 

Minzy gave the man a weird look as if she was a bit confused and then she shook it off and started another conversation.

 

“By the way, you played a great game awhile ago!” Minzy tried to change the topic, even though she didn’t get to watch the game.

 

“Well, not good enough… cause… yeah… we lost” the man laughed bitterly still rubbing his nape as if holding his laughter a bit.

 

“Hold up wait… I was introduced as Gong Minji… not Minzy… how did you know that name?”

 

The man smiled and looked at Minzy in the eye…

 

“You really don’t recognize me do you?” the man asked

 

“Why? Am I supposed to?” Minzy tilted her head to the side while looking straight into the man’s eyes.

 

“Let me help you remember then… 4th year high school… schoolmates… classmates… seatmates… ” Minzy’s eyes grew wider and wider as the man uttered the words one by one.

 

“and crush! OMO! I didn’t recognize you… you look different… but good… I mean good different… aish… I don’t know what I mean anymore!” Minzy ruffled her hair as recognition hit her

 

“So do you… you look good different too!” the man uttered as he hugged Minzy tightly.

 

“Oh sorry! You might think I’m crazy or weird or something… I’m sorry for not recognizing you!” Minzy stated still hugging the man.

 

“Ahem! Ahem!” CL cleared behind Minzy.

 

“Skinship already maknae-ah!” Dara teased

 

“Yah… yah… unnies should date first before the maknae!” Bom added making Minzy blush.

 

“Omo! Unnies! Mian… Unnies… a long lost friend of mine… unnies… meet….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HUANG ZITAO”

 

 

o==========o=======o

 

 

okay i am done!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

 

 

running away already!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~