UGLY- BOM PART 3 1/3

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

UGLY- BOM PART 3 part 1/3

 

BOM’S POV

 

Minnie and I are waiting for Sehun to arrive… it’s that dreaded weekend, to which Sehun’s father invited us to.

 

I met Sehun on a Sunday, then the news came out early that Monday, where I got to meet Sehun’s father surprisingly and then got a visit from Sehun himself… and ever since Monday… Sehun has been frequenting the shop… everyday… he takes his breakfast together with Minnie, much to her delight… I somehow am thankful for Sehun’s presence, because he seems like a father figure to her and he is sweet towards her.

 

But at the back of my mind, I can never erase the fact that Sehun is just a friend… both Minnie’s and my friend… nothing more nothing less.

 

I know I might be overacting and all… but I don’t want to get used to this kind of security, I don’t want Minnie to grow some attachment towards a person who might not be there for us always. I don’t want her to get hurt the same way I was hurt the moment that left and abandoned us.

 

We were waiting inside the bakery, playing with Chen and Kyungsoo, when I saw a familiar vehicle stopping in front of the shop. Since Sehun has been dropping by almost everyday, I have grown accustomed to the type of car he was driving. I saw him got out of the car, what surprised me was, he was the one driving… no Tao in sight.

 

I saw him walk inside the shop with a smile on his face, as he opened his arms to welcome Minnie lovingly in an embrace. I could only bite my lip and stifle a sob, I knew Chen saw what I was doing as I felt him pat me on my shoulder, giving me an encouraging smile.

 

Sehun then smiled at me as he bent down to kiss my cheek… I remembered the first time he did that to me… I slapped his cheek so hard that I think my hand was imprinted on his right cheek the whole day.

 

Of course, who wouldn’t be shocked right?! I mean sure he was close to my daughter, that was a given… but for him to kiss me that quickly, too friendly, too early!!!

 

But, now I am used to it and before he kisses me he looks at me as if telling me that he is going to kiss me, so I won’t hit him again.

 

Minnie was jumping excitedly as Sehun held her hand as he led Minnie to the back of the car. Much to my surprise, Sehun has prepared a car seat for Minnie.

 

I gave him a very grateful look as I told him.

 

“Sehun-ah… you shouldn’t do things like this… I can just stay here at the back and watch over her… no need for additional expenses on your part.”

 

“I would look like you chauffer then… andwae… and beside a car seat for the princess also keeps her safe and see how happy she is!” Sehun reasoned out as he pointed to Minnie who was enjoying her new throne.

 

I just released a sigh and blew air on my hair as Sehun started the car.

 

“Sehun-ah… bring them back home safely…arasso?” I heard Kyungsoo said as he and Chen waved at us.

 

The ride was a very comfortable one, though we were both silent… as if waiting for someone to talk first… I heard him clear his throat… thinking he would start a conversation, but I felt him hesitate and then I glanced at him, but the moment he glanced at me, I changed direction and looked elsewhere… I don’t know why all of a sudden we became shy around each other. Minnie, on the other hand was quietly sleeping on her seat, making it much more awkward for the two of us.

 

It was getting unbearably quiet, even with the soft music he played for Minnie to be comfortable. So I decided to speak.

 

“So…we are going to your father’s house? Is your mom gonna be there?”

 

I saw him frown when I mentioned his mom, never had we talked about family matters when it comes to him, so the shock I got when he abruptly pulled the car over and stopped the car.

 

I looked at him, I was beginning to get worried, because this was the first time I saw him act like this… he looked vulnerable, angry, anxious and sad.

 

“Why?” I asked

 

“I need to tell you something… before I let you in on my so called family life… I need to warn you… ours is not a perfect family… a family that you have in mind is not something like ours… my dad had my hyung… Luhan hyung with his childhood friend, even though he was engaged to be married to my mom. Hyung’s mom died giving birth to him, and then months later… my father and mother married and adopted Luhan hyung… and after 5 years… they had me… but my mom knew that my dad didn’t love her… and he never did showed her any affection… it was an arranged marriage after all… that is why I hate my father so much… I mean, how can he not show some love to someone he had a son with? If he can’t love my mother, then he can’t love me as well…” I heard the pain and hurt from his voice as he tried to stop the tears from falling down his eyes.

 

I just looked at him, waiting for him to continue…

 

“That is the reason why when I turned 18, I decided to leave for America, and live on my own… because… I never felt the love and care of a father, even though he was always present during my school programs… he was there physically… but emotionally… I never felt any affection towards him… probably because of the anger I feel everytime I remember how he was with my mom… if I may say so… my mom died of a broken heart… she loved him so much, that he stood by his side knowing that she wouldn’t get the love that she deserved… I hated that man… that man that was married to my mother… my loving and caring mom… who tried to hide the sadness in her heart… I hate him.”

 

That was his last statement… no wonder he was so mature for his age… the lack of emotional support from a father who is present… that made him like this.

 

I just patted his back and then after that, what he did surprised me.

 

He leaned in, his forehead on my forehead, with his eyes still closed, with tears still falling down his eyes, he held onto the back of my neck, sobbed and then kissed me... not on the cheek... but on my lips and then hugged me as tight as he could.

 

o=====o======o

 

so i somehow explained the rift between sehun and his father... sooooo dramatic... i know... 

 

 

 

i cut it short... since i am a it sleepy kekekekeke

 

 

 

 

 

 

until tomorrow i guess?

 

 

 

 

coment down below

 

 

~lostschoolboy~