UGLY- BOM PART 3 3/3

2NE1- SHORT STORIES

UGLY- BOM PART 3 3/3

 

Minnie was enjoying herself in the pool as the two ladies were talking about anything under the sun.

 

“If you were to have a child… what would you like… a boy or a girl?” Bom asked as the two women dipped their legs by the pool.

 

“Honestly… I want a boy…” Chaerin smiled as she looked lovingly at Minnie.

 

After a while, they heard Luhan and Sehun causing quite a commotion, when they looked back… they saw the two pushing each other until they fell into the water causing a big splash.

 

“Mommy… I want to join Sehun appa over there!” Minnie stated as he pulled on Bom’s arm

 

“Minnie… that’s deep water… it’s dangerous over there!” Bom stated

 

“No… it’s okay… I’ll hold her… if that’s okay with you?” Luhan smiled as he slowly freed Minnie from her floaters

 

Bom nodded and smiled and looked at her daughter who was enjoying all the attention she was getting.

 

“Luhan-ssi seems to like kids… you both are so ready!” Bom stated while nudging Chaerin who blushed again.

 

“Unnie… we are working on it… don’t worry… and if we ever have one… I’d like for you to become the godmother!” Chaerin stated shyly.

 

Then after awhile, Mr. Oh also stepped out wearing his board shorts, revealing a strong and fit physique despite his age.

 

“Omo! Mr. Oh… you look so fit!” Bom stated

 

“Ahehehehehehe… I take working out seriously… unlike my two lazy sons!” Mr. Oh stated as he sat beside Bom and join the two ladies dipping their legs in the pool.

 

“Appa… are you sure you are okay?” Chaerin asked with a worried face

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” Bom asked curiously

 

“I am fine… I finished drinking medicine after lunch” Mr. Oh waved his hand and dipped in the pool.

 

“What’s wrong?” Bom asked again

 

“Appa here has high blood pressure… he is not to take too much strenuous activities… and not to eat too much food! In fact, he has eaten much of what was allowed in his daily diet!” Chaerin stated worriedly

 

“Ahjusshi… you shouldn’t do that and follow your doctor’s orders!” Bom stated looking at Mr. Oh

 

“My body is more fit than those two… I am fine… as long as I drink my medicines I am fine!” Mr. Oh stated as he pulled down the two ladies into the pull.

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

The two ladies screamed as they went into the water.

 

“Appa!” Chaerin stated as she emerged from the water.

 

The whole afternoon was spent enjoying in the pool… Minnie seemed so energetic and active… she has already worned down both Mr. Oh and Luhan’s energy… Sehun was the only one playing with her in the pool.

 

“Yah… I am tired and my hands are all wrinkly… I have to get out now!” Luhan stated as Chaerin handed him his towel.

 

“Yah hyung… stop making excuses and just tell the truth… you are getting old already!!!” Sehun teased as he continued to play with Minnie together with Bom.

 

“They look like a happy family, don’t they?” Mr. Oh stated as he sat on a chair while sipping some hot coffee.

 

“Yeah… he grew up alright appa! Sure there is still your love-hate relationship… but he grew up alright!” Luhan uttered

 

“SO…when are you two gonna give me a grandchild?” Mr. Oh teased

 

“Right now!” Luhan replied as he jokingly grabbed Chaerin by the wrist as they ran inside only to prepare some coffee for themselves.

 

Minnie finally decided to emerge from the water. Bom then changed her into dry clothes and saw that Minnie was a bit sleepy… Chaerin offered to put her to sleep, Minnie immediately went to Chaerin for a hug as she was lulled to sleep.

 

Sehun and Bom were now enjoying a cup of coffee by the rose garden.

 

“Thank you.” Bom stated after taking a sip of coffee.

 

“For what?” Sehun asked

 

“For today… for allowing me in.” Bom stated referring to the fact that Sehun finally opened up to her.

 

Sehun smiled as he grabbed a tissue to wipe off some foam on Bom’s lips.

 

“I am not gonna kiss you… I am just gonna clean that foam by the side of your mouth.” Sehun stated in a plain voice pointing to Bom’s face.

 

“What are you gonna clean it with? Your mouth?” Bom pointed out as she saw Sehun leaning towards her.

 

Before Sehun could answer his lips were already at the side of , it was brief but it was still a kiss. Sehun’s hand was holding both Bom’s hand to avoid another slap from her.

 

“Yah! Will you stop that!”  Bom blushed a bright shade of red as she patted her cheeks.

 

BOM’S POV

I felt his lips at the side of my lips… it was a short kiss. I was really elated and happy, it made my heart race… but then a thought came back to me and my inhibitions came back.

 

I don’t know what happened next… but after that I immediately stood up… walked towards where Minnie was sleeping… which was in Luhan’s in arms.

 

I abruptly bid them goodbye, carrying Minnie in one arm, and my bag on the other… I kindly asked one of the maids to fetch me a cab.

 

I can hear Sehun coming after me… I was praying that there would be a cab the soonest.

 

“Bom! What’s wrong?” I heard him catch his breath, thank God he was the only one coming after me.

 

I decided to remain silent… I refuse to let this go on any further. I took a deep breath and turned to look at him.

 

“Sehun-ah… thank you for a wonderful week filled with stories, laughter and family… but this has to stop Sehun-ah… what we have… this? This situation we have won’t work Sehun-ah… believe me… let’s end whatever we have before it begins… please… I beg you… don’t come to the bakery anymore… don’t… make it harder for both of us… especially for Minnie!” I told him straight as I saw the cab, I quickly got in as I gave a quick peck on his cheek and hoped that this would be the end.

 

As the cab drove away… thoughts ran through my head… as a tear came down my face.

 

It was a good week… a dream-filled week… it was good while it lasted… I can’t rob him off of the opportunities he has for the future… I can’t be selfish and be with him… I can’t… I don’t want Minnie to get hurt when the time comes that Sehun has finally realized that he is tired of taking care of us. I know it’s sad and depressing to think about it… but that is what has been going through my mind the whole time during lunch, watching their family dote so much on Minnie… sure Minnie would be loved… but what it all boils down to… she is not family… we are not family… we won’t belong.

 

I had to end it before it even begins.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Days have passed since that weekend and Sehun still drops by the bakery, but Bom makes sure to greet him and after the greeting she will take Minnie out and avoid him, she left him hanging without saying anything… explaining anything to him.

 

Sehun then one day confronted Bom as she was heading out together with Minnie.

 

“Bom… wait!” Sehun stated as he lightly held onto Bom’s right arm.

 

Bom looked at Sehun as he pleaded.

 

“Please… let’s talk about this instead of beating around the bush.”

 

Bom handed Minnie to Kyungsoo as the two walked out heading towards the park.

 

They walked in silence on their way to the park.

 

When they reached a secluded place, quiet and tranquil beside the lake, they found a bench and sat side by side.

 

“What happened?” Sehun sighed as he was staring at the lake in front of them.

 

“Sehun-ah… I am very sorry for walking out like that… it just scared me you know…” Bom started trying to organize her thoughts.

 

“Scared of what?” Sehun asked looking at Bom

 

“Of what will happen after that weekend… I mean… yes, I have to admit… I care about you and I am growing some feelings for you… but, you see… Sehun… you are still young… you will meet a lot of people… a lot of young women who are available… unattached… single… I don’t want to rob you of that… sure you might have feelings for me… but then after a while, what if the time comes you wake up one day and you realize that you are tired of it all… taking care of me and Minnie… I am afraid… that my daughter will be attached to you and get hurt in the process…” Bom stated struggling to find the right words to say.

 

“I understand… if I wasn’t 20 years old and I was 3 to 5 years older… would we still have this kind of situation?” Sehun asked as he reached for her hand.

 

Bom remained quiet unsure of what she would say.

 

“I don’t know Sehun… I don’t know.” Bom shook her head looking away as Sehun held onto her hands.

 

“Bom?” a deep voice uttered behind them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OoO

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris?!”

 

O======o======o

 

Yeah… cliffhanger again… and another hurdle… kyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tell me what you think about it.

 

 

 

 

 

Comment down below.

 

 

 

 

~lostschoolboy~